Killzone 3 General Discussion & Info - Out NOW

After the patch it worked for me.. played all last night .. went to get on today haha yea right no shot in hell..downloading single player now.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Ugh. D/l the patch and am having the most problems yet... tons of errors and can't log in. Sony and Guerilla have looked like idiots with this "beta." You want to show the world how awesome your big exclusive is and come out of the gate firing... but we can't even pull the trigger most of the time.[/QUOTE]

Always thought the point of a beta was to fix problems before the game comes out - I can't recall any beta I have taken part in where there were no issues at all. I rather have it like this then them trying to fix issues after I pay for the game.

I'm playing the single player campaign right now and its pretty damn tight.. the melees are even better than on multiplayer haha. Got to use the jet pack .. you can detach the wasp gun and carry it with you.. off the hook!!

ok I'm a little pissed haha It took about an hour or more to dl the Demo and I just went through it it probably 5 minutes at the most.. booooooooooooooooo!!! but hey can't wait for February 22nd

[quote name='fuss']Always thought the point of a beta was to fix problems before the game comes out - I can't recall any beta I have taken part in where there were no issues at all. I rather have it like this then them trying to fix issues after I pay for the game.[/QUOTE]

Only you can't have a "beta" for a game that went gold about a month ago. ;)

Beta or demo question aside... is there going to be a CAG clan like there was for KZ2? I just played a random game with people who were actually going for objectives in Warzone and we steamrolled the other team. I'd love to have a regular group to do that with.

[quote name='Warlock TCK']Beta or demo question aside... is there going to be a CAG clan like there was for KZ2? I just played a random game with people who were actually going for objectives in Warzone and we steamrolled the other team. I'd love to have a regular group to do that with.[/QUOTE]
Yes, there will be a KZ3 clan. Still working out the details but there will be a separate thread created for sign ups.

Also, the SP demo is up in the Hong Kong store for those that aren't PS+ members and don't want to wait until next week.

I've heard a rumor that move controls won't work in split-screen. Any PS+ members that have the 2D demo able to confirm?

I guess it kind of makes sense if it's true, but it's still kind of a bummer.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Only you can't have a "beta" for a game that went gold about a month ago. ;)[/QUOTE]

Its juist the server issues they are fixing and tweaking..

Yesterdays blog update:

It’s less than a week since the Killzone 3 Multiplayer Beta hit PlayStation Store, but already you’ve racked up some impressive numbers. There’s been a staggering 55 million - million! - kills, of which around ten per cent have been Brutal Melee kills.

Some 350,000 games have been blitzed through, with well over half a million players appearing on the Killzone 3 leaderboards. And two of those players have stormed through the one million XP barrier already. The Helghast don’t know what’s hit them.

Your dedication to the cause hasn’t gone unnoticed over at developer Guerrilla Games. Far from it: the team has been working around the clock to analyse and act upon your feedback. Below you’ll find a round-up of issues discovered thanks to your hard work, and the solutions Guerrilla is working on to refine your experience:

High level issues discovered:

Connection problems
High load caused the database to fall over
Score posting
Flickering screens
Ribbon stats not updating
Vulgarity filter

Solutions underway:

Guerrilla has already released a patch. At the time of writing this has gone live in the EU. The other territories will follow shortly. We have no ETA on that.
Guerrilla has made improvements for the server connection issues. The server was brought down and back up for that on Monday, 7 February 2011.
The problems with the filter should be fixed now.
Guerrilla will continue to update the servers and patch the Beta if needed and are watching your feedback closely on Killzone.com

From the Guerrilla multiplayer team: “We are happy that we are encountering these issues now, during a Beta, instead of after launch. This will help us get ready for the huge amount of people that are expected to go online at launch.

“This Beta also gives us the opportunity to change Killzone 3 based on feedback that we get. Although we've already gone gold, we can and will make server side adjustment to things like weapon damage, balancing issues etc. So this is not a demo, it is meant to be a Beta, for us to test the game.

“Thanks for your continued patience and help in getting this tested properly.”

So, keep playing – the more you experience the Killzone 3 Muliplayer Beta, the more you’ll contribute to an even more polished final game.

i cant understand how they can make this many mistakes with the servers for this beta when they had kz2 running pretty well. did they just forget everything they learned from the last game or what?

[quote name='8bitArtist']i cant understand how they can make this many mistakes with the servers for this beta when they had kz2 running pretty well. did they just forget everything they learned from the last game or what?[/QUOTE]

Not to mention they had a large scale beta for this game already. A real one. There is no real excuse for the level of problems they have had. I am still getting the game day 1 and expect these issues to be minimal, but this was obviously supposed to be a big deal and they botched it.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']GG's to the CAG's I played with.

I really should have played the other games modes more often.[/QUOTE]

It was fun gaming with everyone. Though I could never tell who was talking. Might be the only one, but I enjoy Operations a lot.

KZ3 will be my shooter until Socom 4 drops.

I'm confused, are they going to have seperate lobbies for move players?
I guess that would mean you could end up with 2-4 clans lol.
Not really at all impressed with the beta but am going to try the demo todya and maybe that will get me to redownload tha beta.

[quote name='Snake2715']
Its juist the server issues they are fixing and tweaking..

Yesterdays blog update:

It’s less than a week since the Killzone 3 Multiplayer Beta hit PlayStation Store, but already you’ve racked up some impressive numbers. There’s been a staggering 55 million - million! - kills, of which around ten per cent have been Brutal Melee kills.

Some 350,000 games have been blitzed through, with well over half a million players appearing on the Killzone 3 leaderboards. And two of those players have stormed through the one million XP barrier already. The Helghast don’t know what’s hit them.

Your dedication to the cause hasn’t gone unnoticed over at developer Guerrilla Games. Far from it: the team has been working around the clock to analyse and act upon your feedback. Below you’ll find a round-up of issues discovered thanks to your hard work, and the solutions Guerrilla is working on to refine your experience:

High level issues discovered:

Connection problems
High load caused the database to fall over
Score posting
Flickering screens
Ribbon stats not updating
Vulgarity filter

Solutions underway:

Guerrilla has already released a patch. At the time of writing this has gone live in the EU. The other territories will follow shortly. We have no ETA on that.
Guerrilla has made improvements for the server connection issues. The server was brought down and back up for that on Monday, 7 February 2011.
The problems with the filter should be fixed now.
Guerrilla will continue to update the servers and patch the Beta if needed and are watching your feedback closely on Killzone.com

From the Guerrilla multiplayer team: “We are happy that we are encountering these issues now, during a Beta, instead of after launch. This will help us get ready for the huge amount of people that are expected to go online at launch.

“This Beta also gives us the opportunity to change Killzone 3 based on feedback that we get. Although we've already gone gold, we can and will make server side adjustment to things like weapon damage, balancing issues etc. So this is not a demo, it is meant to be a Beta, for us to test the game.

“Thanks for your continued patience and help in getting this tested properly.”

So, keep playing – the more you experience the Killzone 3 Muliplayer Beta, the more you’ll contribute to an even more polished final game.
[/QUOTE]

Nice.

GG has always been good with feedback and changing/fixing things when needed.

I remember back in the KZ1 days people were putting a dot on their tv so they could use the sniper rifle unscoped for 1 hit kills, so GG changed it so the gun was really inaccurate when not scoped. Good stuff.

I have my homework done for today, as soon as I get home I am going to be playing some killzone3 demo! Is it working right now!

Sounds cool (whoknows I will add you as a psn friend) I live in south california and I am good to game from around 8pm-12am.

Vulgarity filter??? how would they do this.. a lot of people cuss when playing We're all adults or should be with the mature rating. And if someones parents subject them to adult language in an adult game that's on them. We shouldn't be babysitters

Yeah 17+ rating for kills. I don’t mean to but I swear once in a while, even just talking to myself. Nothing too vulgar (in my perspective) and I am not disrespectful at all.

I dont recall hearing others wear though, so maybe it is filtering it.

i have a habit of slipping out a few when I get popped haha but I'm laughing at the same time nothing serious. Hell these two guys got in a fight in the wait screen last night haha it was hilarious .. the white kid even pulled out a your momma joke (I'm white too) and the black guy was like oooooooooh we gotta take it to your momma jokes .. Then the black guy said well maybe you should get a DNA test cause I took it to your mom and guess who's your daddy hahahah

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Vulgarity filter??? how would they do this.. a lot of people cuss when playing We're all adults or should be with the mature rating. And if someones parents subject them to adult language in an adult game that's on them. We shouldn't be babysitters[/QUOTE]

The filter is for written work, Clan names, tags, player names, etc.

Does it say anywhere on Killzone.com how long you/your friends have played?

I know I can see in the game menu, but I'm curious about people on my friends list.

[quote name='whoknows']Does it say anywhere on Killzone.com how long you/your friends have played?
I know I can see in the game menu, but I'm curious about people on my friends list.[/QUOTE]

I think you just have to ask them how long they played. IIRC KZ2 stats didn't display total hours played either.

Think I'm gonna switch back to OFW tonight and give this a shot. Planning on picking this up to play until socom comes out as I loved the 2nd, but might as well give it a test run first.

Downloaded the 20MB patch last night. Anyway, the beta works for me before and after the patch. Didn't notice any difference b4 and after.

Well that was a perfectly good waste of fucking time.. Downloaded the beta, didn't work, went to play some mag, litearlly took an hour and a half out of my night to download all the updates and shit, and it fucking decides to shit out before I can get into a game. Haven't got the ps3 online since. fuck this.

I thought the SP demo was pretty impressive. The 3D looks great IMO. Graphics are improved from kz2 too.

Going to try playing though it with move next time.

[quote name='whoknows']You happen to notice if anyone was still playing mag when you tried to playit?[/QUOTE]

there were a good number on today and yesterday.

is there a difference between the public beta and the demo? i downloaded the patch for the beta and got some games today. it seems more stable and easier to connect to games. of course, there isnt the shit load of people on.

Played the beta tonight for several hours and while it's fun I have several issues...

1. Disguise seems overpowered to me. Especially at level 3 where you can't tell it's an enemy until they are right on you doing a melee kill.

2. There is too much downtime between matches. There should be 30-60 seconds between matches then a 10 second countdown to start the game. Having to wait 2 minutes between games is a bit excessive especially since you can do nothing but stare at the scoreboard for the first 60 seconds.

3. Killing someone then getting caught on their body while they're "waiting for a medic" is very annoying. Once someone is down, their collision detection should be turned off.

I also wish there were more rewards for doing special things like revenge kills, avenging deaths and such. I'm sure I'll still buy the game though. It's been "just one more game" for the past 2 hours. :D

Some Infiltrators are just bad.

I'm sitting there sniping and I see some guy on our team coming from the enemies side of the map when we're doing assassination. Could it be an Infiltrator? No way! *fires, HEADSHOT 150* Yep. Sure was.

[quote name='Killbomb']
1. Disguise seems overpowered to me. Especially at level 3 where you can't tell it's an enemy until they are right on you doing a melee kill.
[/QUOTE]

Always aim your crosshair at everyone going by or coming at you, if it turns orange then fire immediately. Also, if you see some one on your "team" a bit further away from you, but there are no green dots (allies) on your radar--its an infiltrator.

[quote name='Snake2715']Killbomb,
You'll learn real quick to finish those guys waiting for a medic, until they are truly dead.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the situation for me. Mostly, I won't kill anyone in dying status unless they are a medic due to their self-revive ability. In objective based modes, leaving them in dying status is better because it gives that much more time to respawn. Of course, its also valuable teabagging time. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I never finish off the dying because sometimes you can lure in a medic that way.

I really enjoy the engineer class. Something about having a turret and a LMG feels awesome.

[quote name='LordVila']I really enjoy the engineer class. Something about having a turret and a LMG feels awesome.[/QUOTE]
Ditto. The top-tier primary weapon is awesome. It's has a very high firing rate at the expense of accuracy. On many occasions, I managed to put down a team of 3-4 enemies storming together LOL.

Repairing ammo depot and mounting a turret are both awesome.

I never did play kz2 all that much, i have about 5000 kills and just over 1 kill per minute, but i have been playing more lately, and i am certain lots of people will still be playing 2 after 3 comes out. I know i only played the demo and the beta, but the graphics seem worse in 3 than they did in 2. I guess they spent too much time making the game 3d and move compatible and let the really important things sit on the shelf and never get done. I really wish this game didn't come out until the end of the year so they could make it as good as 2 is. Really dissapointed with everything KZ3 so far.

[quote name='eau']Ditto. The top-tier primary weapon is awesome. It's has a very high firing rate at the expense of accuracy. On many occasions, I managed to put down a team of 3-4 enemies storming together LOL.

Repairing ammo depot and mounting a turret are both awesome.[/QUOTE]

I love that gun.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I never did play kz2 all that much, i have about 5000 kills and just over 1 kill per minute, but i have been playing more lately, and i am certain lots of people will still be playing 2 after 3 comes out. I know i only played the demo and the beta, but the graphics seem worse in 3 than they did in 2. I guess they spent too much time making the game 3d and move compatible and let the really important things sit on the shelf and never get done. I really wish this game didn't come out until the end of the year so they could make it as good as 2 is. Really dissapointed with everything KZ3 so far.[/QUOTE]

considering almost every single review has said this game has some of the best console graphics ever, im going to say no, they arent worse.

[quote name='Darknyss']The trophy list seems pretty easy this time around. Link[/QUOTE]

Definitely and there is no annoying "Kill 10000 enemies on multiplayer" or anything like that!

YES! KZ3 Platinum, here I come! :D
The trophy for being in the top 10% for the week on the multiplayer was a huge pain in KZ2. Looks like there's barely any trophies for online this time.

Yeah... all the online stuff is easy it looks like. I wish maybe there was a harder one... but am glad there are no trophies that are super crazy a la KZ2.

[quote name='Snake2715']Killbomb,

You'll learn real quick to finish those guys waiting for a medic, until they are truly dead.[/QUOTE]

Normally, it's not a problem but I have gotten stuck in stairwells with another enemy bearing down on me after the first kill.

[quote name='Supplice']Always aim your crosshair at everyone going by or coming at you, if it turns orange then fire immediately. Also, if you see some one on your "team" a bit further away from you, but there are no green dots (allies) on your radar--its an infiltrator. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I learned to do that pretty quickly but I can't say I am a fan of having to do it all the time. Good to know about the dots but I rarely look at the radar in FPS games. Really wish they didn't have radar like the old days. I'm sure it hurts my game but I still haven't trained myself to look at it constantly.

bread's done
Back