Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $24.50 & Other Unadvertised Specials at Best Buy

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]23070[/IMG-R]Best Buy dropped prices on many titles today (and throughout the weekend). You can combine with today's spend $100 and select in-store pickup, get a $10 gift card promotion for added value.

Highlights:
:ps3: Killzone 3: Helghast Edition $24.50
:360::ps3: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon $14.50
:360::ps3: Alice: Madness Returns $19.50
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99[/preview]

More:
:ps3: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:360: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:360: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:ps3: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:360: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:ps3: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $24.50
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $24.99
:ps3: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99

:ps3: The Tomb Raider Trilogy $9.50 [OOS]
:ps3: The Sims 3 $14.50
:ps3: EA Sports Active 2.0 Bundle $19.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Greatest Hits $9.50
:ps3: Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 $9.50
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $19.50
:ps3: Kung Fu Rider $7.50
:ps3: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $29.99
:ps3: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition $19.50
:ps3: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:ps3: The Shoot $9.50
:ps3: EyePet $14.50

:360: EA SPORTS MMA $9.50
:360: Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days $9.50
:360: Marvel Superhero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet $9.50
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed $9.50
:360: UFC Undisputed 2010 $7.50
:360: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $19.50
:360: The Sims 3 $19.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar $19.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $19.99
:360: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $29.99
:360: PES 2012: Pro Evolution Soccer $49.99

:3ds: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II $14.50
:3ds: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion $14.50
:3ds: Samurai Warriors Chronicles $14.50
:3ds: Super Monkey Ball 3D $9.50
:3ds: Dream Trigger 3D $9.50
:3ds: Bust-A-Move Universe $9.50
:3ds: Cubic Ninja $14.50
:3ds: Ridge Racer 3D $14.50

:ds: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $19.50
:ds: Marvel Super Hero Squad $14.50
:ds: Style Savvy $7.50
:ds: HOP $9.50
:ds: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation $14.50
:ds: Okamiden $14.50
:ds: Thor: God of Thunder $9.50
:ds: Jeopardy $7.50
:ds: Animal Planet: Vet Collection $5.50

:psp: Dissidia: Final Fantasy $9.50
:psp: LocoRoco 2 $5.50

:pc: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium $19.95

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw several of these in store last week at full price, joking to myself about the possibility that the Bioshock 2 LE that sold out online was here within miles of me along along (of course it wasn't.) So I would be all over this if I had a disposable income right now and I fancied having ANOTHER disembodied helmet sitting on top of my entertainment center keeping Master Chief company (that will be the last Collector's Edition that I will buy into at full price for a good long time.) I suppose I could have just bought one or more and sold them on eBay but really I'm not that kind of guy.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Its gone now? :[[/QUOTE]

Afraid so.... might drop by my best buy just to get it priced check if they have any.... i have a link in my browser history for instore pickup and it shows unavailable everywhere....

Killzone 3: Helghast Edition - PlayStation 3
Model: 98284 | SKU: 1802098

[quote name='io']

Has anyone redeemed the code today, though? I want to make sure they are still good after Dec. 1st (you never know - could have expired Nov. 30th). I'm trying to sell it and the game separately and plan to give the other contents to my son for Christmas to add to his (mostly Halo) game figure collection.
[/QUOTE]

I redeemed it yesterday (Dec 1st).

My local store had one left. The shelf had an $89.99 tag on it. The box was a little beaten up and it was sealed with Best Buy tape. I opened it at the register to take a look at it and nothing was missing/damaged.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Not sure how that would even be possible, since the bb website automatically shows UNAVAILABLE for store pickup when a store's inventory drops below 3 copies.[/QUOTE]
The in-store kiosks keep track of inventory pretty well. Although I kinda understand their inventory system being a lil behind/slow since Black Friday, hence the discrepancy between the kiosk and the actual store inventory count.

Stock locator link for KZ3 HGE:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

Remember that if there's less than THREE of an item available, then it will show up as UNAVAILABLE.

[quote name='new1']no go at my bestbuy :( Anyone willing to hook me up for a reasonable price?[/QUOTE]

I've got one set for store pick-up which I intend to cancel, if you ant it and are willing to pay the shipping for this giant box, I can sell it to you. $33 for me and $10 for shipping?

I also bought one for myself and don't want the helmet, so if you're interested in that only, I can sell it to you. Just offer what you think is fair.

[quote name='destro4eva']Is the super DLC voucher inside the game case or somewhere else in the box?[/QUOTE]

Definitely inside the game case. When I first opened the box, I couldn't find the voucher anywhere. I thought someone might have snagged it out of the box. I was relieved to find out it's inside the game case itself.

My local store has 2 on the shelf, the only problem is that they are beat to hell. My online order is showing still processing.

Anyone willing to be a middleman and get me a helghast edition? Preferably not in a beat up condition. I'm good for it.

I nabbed one. I'll be playing the game, gazing upon the ugly head, and looking and the other stuff too, once in a while.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I am beginning to wonder if Best Buy has everything in my order on backorder. Ordered on Monday and still no shipping email.[/QUOTE]

Nothing to worry about, my Thanksgiving order from before noon still hasn't shipped much less my Helghast Edition. Ridiculous but sounds like the norm from what I hear.

[quote name='Pride7ds']Nothing to worry about, my Thanksgiving order from before noon still hasn't shipped much less my Helghast Edition. Ridiculous but sounds like the norm from what I hear.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should consider myself lucky since I've already received all 3 orders that I placed on Thanksgiving day.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']My local BB had the item "unavailable" online, but when I checked it out, they still had 3 copies on the shelf.[/QUOTE]
Weird. I guess maybe their system has changed then. I know it used to be 3 or less and it would show up as unavailable.

[quote name='buster90']Are these as the same prices in stores? Don't feel like reading 100 pages of posts to find it thanks.[/QUOTE]
Yeah they are.:D I picked up the Tomb Raider Trilogy and Alice: Madness Returns for PS3 for $9.50 and $19.50 in store just yesterday.

I ordered mine for in store pickup, went in today to get them and was given the regular Killzone 3. I told them this was the wrong one and that I ordered the Helghast Edition and the guy called the video game department to bring it out. Luckily they still had it in the back, but I hope people know the difference between Killzone 3 and Killzone 3 Helghast Edition and don't get screwed over.

Got lucky today. Went back to my local Best Buy after going to that one and 2 others earlier in the week. It appears they restocked, because there was one Helghast edition that was not there on Monday. It was in perfect shape too, though that really doesn't matter since I will probably toss the box. Also got Fight Night Champion for 14.50. Got a lot of stuff at best Buy this week. Only thing i wanted was Alice for PS3, but I got it for the 360 so it's all good, I suppose.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I am beginning to wonder if Best Buy has everything in my order on backorder. Ordered on Monday and still no shipping email.[/QUOTE]

Much to my surprise I got the Halo Reach Limited Edition delivered today and last I had heard from Best Buy it was backordered - they never followed up and told me it had shipped. So maybe those Helghast editions that people ordered will just all of a sudden show up in a few days ;).

However, I'm still waiting on the $199.99 Xbox 360 holiday bundle I ordered over a week ago. I don't know why they can't get that sent out. I could have done a store pickup order for it on Black Friday (a week ago) but already at that point couldn't cancel my "in process" order :roll:. "In process" my ass...

Not to give false hope, but I just got an email saying my shipment is on it's way via UPS. Tracking # doesn't quite work yet, but hopefully these start going out :bouncy:

got my killzone HE today! BB associate was shocked when she rang the item! hehe! i just smiled and paid the total! thanks!

[quote name='Trace17']Not to give false hope, but I just got an email saying my shipment is on it's way via UPS. Tracking # doesn't quite work yet, but hopefully these start going out :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Just got mine as well. Finally!!! lol

still no shipping e-mail, but I am hoping for it since so many people are getting them now, really hope mine doesn't get cancelled

*raises hand* :)

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']Mine says shipped. I'm probably going to pass it on to someone else.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Trace17']Not to give false hope, but I just got an email saying my shipment is on it's way via UPS. Tracking # doesn't quite work yet, but hopefully these start going out :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I just got a shipping notification as well!

FINALLY both my Ass Creed: Revelations AND Tropico 4 got shipping confirmations. All that's left is my 3 month Gold cards.

Gonna check my local store for Alice at that price since I missed the GameFly sale. Any chance there is a Saturday Deal for today @ Best Buy?

Guys, when yours get shipped can you let the rest us know when you ordered as well?

Btw, mine still hasnt shipped

bread's done
Back