Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $24.50 & Other Unadvertised Specials at Best Buy

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]23070[/IMG-R]Best Buy dropped prices on many titles today (and throughout the weekend). You can combine with today's spend $100 and select in-store pickup, get a $10 gift card promotion for added value.

Highlights:
:ps3: Killzone 3: Helghast Edition $24.50
:360::ps3: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon $14.50
:360::ps3: Alice: Madness Returns $19.50
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99[/preview]

More:
:ps3: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:360: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:360: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:ps3: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:360: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:ps3: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $24.50
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $24.99
:ps3: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99

:ps3: The Tomb Raider Trilogy $9.50 [OOS]
:ps3: The Sims 3 $14.50
:ps3: EA Sports Active 2.0 Bundle $19.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Greatest Hits $9.50
:ps3: Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 $9.50
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $19.50
:ps3: Kung Fu Rider $7.50
:ps3: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $29.99
:ps3: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition $19.50
:ps3: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:ps3: The Shoot $9.50
:ps3: EyePet $14.50

:360: EA SPORTS MMA $9.50
:360: Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days $9.50
:360: Marvel Superhero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet $9.50
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed $9.50
:360: UFC Undisputed 2010 $7.50
:360: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $19.50
:360: The Sims 3 $19.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar $19.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $19.99
:360: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $29.99
:360: PES 2012: Pro Evolution Soccer $49.99

:3ds: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II $14.50
:3ds: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion $14.50
:3ds: Samurai Warriors Chronicles $14.50
:3ds: Super Monkey Ball 3D $9.50
:3ds: Dream Trigger 3D $9.50
:3ds: Bust-A-Move Universe $9.50
:3ds: Cubic Ninja $14.50
:3ds: Ridge Racer 3D $14.50

:ds: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $19.50
:ds: Marvel Super Hero Squad $14.50
:ds: Style Savvy $7.50
:ds: HOP $9.50
:ds: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation $14.50
:ds: Okamiden $14.50
:ds: Thor: God of Thunder $9.50
:ds: Jeopardy $7.50
:ds: Animal Planet: Vet Collection $5.50

:psp: Dissidia: Final Fantasy $9.50
:psp: LocoRoco 2 $5.50

:pc: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium $19.95

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='stonciddta']Guys, when yours get shipped can you let the rest us know when you ordered as well?

Btw, mine still hasnt shipped[/QUOTE]

Ordered 11/28, got shipping confirmation late last night.

[quote name='stonciddta']Guys, when yours get shipped can you let the rest us know when you ordered as well?

Btw, mine still hasnt shipped[/QUOTE]

11/28 at like 5 am, shortly after it went up I believe.

Found Killzone at local best buy a couple days ago. the box was super beat up but the contents inside are all there. I also found bioshock 2 collectors edition but the price was 30 bucks, i try to haggle with no avail.

I received the shipping notice also, but all that means is the lazy bastages at BB printed off the UPS shipping labels before they left for the weekend. Nobody's copy has actually been shipped unless the pickup info shows up at ups.com, which for most it won't show anything. It won't show up until UPS actually picks up the packages, which will be Monday morning.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I received the shipping notice also, but all that means is the lazy bastages at BB printed off the UPS shipping labels before they left for the weekend. Nobody's copy has actually been shipped unless the pickup info shows up at ups.com, which for most it won't show anything. It won't show up until UPS actually picks up the packages, which will be Monday morning.[/QUOTE]

right, but a shipped notice form best buy means it will eventually show up.

[quote name='slowdive21']right, but a shipped notice form best buy means it will eventually show up.[/QUOTE]

True that it will eventually start the journey, of course, but shipping via UPS is never a guarantee it will show up. It also means it may show up mostly crushed. lol

Checked my local Best Buy and they didn't have any HE's. Went to Fry's too because I knew they had a buttload and they were also sold out. I'm at the mercy of BB.com. Hwaiting, BB!

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']True that it will eventually start the journey, of course, but shipping via UPS is never a guarantee it will show up. It also means it may show up mostly crushed. lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. it's not a guarantee it'll show up. Back when I ordered Black Ops Prestige Edition via UPS on bestbuy.com, it was lost in transit. I had to get a refund, so there's always that possibility. I'm completely expecting my box to be crushed, because bestbuy is terrible at packaging shipments.. but I don't mind too much for $25.

[quote name='czissis']Just got my shipment notification from my KZ3 ordered on 11/28.[/QUOTE]

I ordered on the 28th as well. Hopefully my order gets fulfilled.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah.. it's not a guarantee it'll show up. Back when I ordered Black Ops Prestige Edition via UPS on bestbuy.com, it was lost in transit. I had to get a refund, so there's always that possibility. I'm completely expecting my box to be crushed, because bestbuy is terrible at packaging shipments.. but I don't mind too much for $25.[/QUOTE]
My Prestige Editions I ordered showed up in fantastic shape. I guess it just depends on how far they have to travel and/or who packed them. Some of mine showed up in boxes that left no room for them to shift around during shipment, while others had a whole half a box of space to rattle back and forth.

All of the PE boxes were in perfect shape, but the outer boxes(which I've used to re-ship some of them) had a few dents/dings in em.

Picked up the last two copies of Okamiden & Thor @ the Beaverton, OR Best Buy yesterday. Everyone should snag a copy to support Way Forward (Contra 4, Aliens: Infestation). They're (IMO) probably the best 2D action-game developer to come out since the 16bit era, but they're still relatively unknown as far a studio goes. They also made the recent Bloodrayne: Betrayal for XBL/PSN.

And regarding Okamiden...I didn't really play the ps2 prequel, but I gotta say (at least about the DS game)....Capcom has officially out-Zelda'd BOTH of Nintendo's efforts on the DS with this.

Thanks for letting us know about this sale, OP.

[quote name='tenike1']Checked my local Best Buy and they didn't have any HE's. Went to Fry's too because I knew they had a buttload and they were also sold out. I'm at the mercy of BB.com. Hwaiting, BB![/QUOTE]

Same here. Went to BB, the guy said it showed they had one in the back. He claimed he couldn't find it. Please ship!!!

I picked up two extras if anyone is interested in them. I'd prefer if it was someone local to me as it's going to cost like $15 to ship. I'm in Dallas.

[quote name='fortunado']I picked up two extras if anyone is interested in them. I'd prefer if it was someone local to me as it's going to cost like $15 to ship. I'm in Dallas.[/QUOTE]

$15 is the low end...the boxes are huge!

Just picked up the last KZ3 (on the shelf, anyway) at BB in Lewisville, Tx.
If anyone is local, and wants it, the box is up for grabs. I saw a lot of you guys were complaining about crushed boxes in shipment, so....

Also, odd thing, mine didn't come with any redemption codes for the DLC. Oh well. Expired anyway...just odd.

PM me if you want it.

[quote name='spawn33']$15 is the low end...the boxes are huge![/QUOTE]

You do realize you could get away with mailing it Media mail right, which wouldn't cost anywhere near $15.

[quote name='HandsomeJoeFrancis']Just picked up the last KZ3 (on the shelf, anyway) at BB in Lewisville, Tx.
If anyone is local, and wants it, the box is up for grabs. I saw a lot of you guys were complaining about crushed boxes in shipment, so....

Also, odd thing, mine didn't come with any redemption codes for the DLC. Oh well. Expired anyway...just odd.

PM me if you want it.[/QUOTE]

Voucher is inside the game case, and it is still valid even though it is past the expiration date.

[quote name='otakuseth']You do realize you could get away with mailing it Media mail right, which wouldn't cost anywhere near $15.[/QUOTE]

This wouldn't be eligible for Media Mail. You could gamble and try it, but a box that big is likely to be inspected. Then the recipient will have to pay the added cost when they bump it up to Priority or it will be sent back to the sender.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']This wouldn't be eligible for Media Mail. You could gamble and try it, but a box that big is likely to be inspected. Then the recipient will have to pay the added cost when they bump it up to Priority or it will be sent back to the sender.[/QUOTE]

Probably depends more on your post office tbh. I have been questioned many times when mailing media. Never had any problems. Games are considered media, the regulation doesnt exclude items that also include physical items. I would have no problems mailing this media.

[quote name='otakuseth']You do realize you could get away with mailing it Media mail right, which wouldn't cost anywhere near $15.[/QUOTE]
Media mail is for books ONLY. I've been told REPEATEDLY that attempting to mail games media rate may subject them to inspection and if inspected and found to not contain qualifying items they may be sent back to me and I'd have to pay shipping costs a second time.

Besides which, media rate sucks balls. It takes the 'scenic route' and takes forfuckinever to get from point A to point B.

Here's the OFFICIAL rules/regs from the USPS site:

https://www.usps.com/send/media-mail.htm

The material sent must be educational media. It can’t contain advertising, video games, computer drives, or digital drives of any kind.

[quote name='otakuseth']Probably depends more on your post office tbh. I have been questioned many times when mailing media. Never had any problems. Games are considered media, the regulation doesnt exclude items that also include physical items. I would have no problems mailing this media.[/QUOTE]

From the USPS site:

Media Mail shipping is a cost-effective way to send educational materials in 2 to 8 days. This service has restrictions on the type of media that can be sent. This includes a restriction on sending video games and digital drives.

[quote name='otakuseth']Probably depends more on your post office tbh. I have been questioned many times when mailing media. Never had any problems. Games are considered media, the regulation doesnt exclude items that also include physical items. I would have no problems mailing this media.[/QUOTE]

You have been misinformed. Video games are prohibited. It's even listed on the usps website. I suggest you read it before giving out bad advice.

Here ya go> http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...deo+games+media+mail&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Media mail is for books ONLY. I've been told REPEATEDLY that attempting to mail games media rate may subject them to inspection and if inspected and found to not contain qualifying items they may be sent back to me and I'd have to pay shipping costs a second time.

Besides which, media rate sucks balls. It takes the 'scenic route' and takes forfuckinever to get from point A to point B.[/QUOTE]

Next time take a copy of regulations to the post office with you. You will find you can mail a lot of stuff using Media.

"Computer-readable media containing prerecorded information and guides or scripts prepared solely for use with such media. "

While i have never had any problems with timely deliveries using Media, I wouldn't say that others haven't, considering the post office doesn't guarantee a delivery date for Media.

[quote name='otakuseth']Next time take a copy of regulations to the post office with you. You will find you can mail a lot of stuff using Media.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can mail a lot of things with media mail... but not video games. You can mail books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, and, like you said, certain computer media... but not video games, which are specifically excluded as stated on the USPS site (linked above). The computer media that is permitted must be informational or educational in nature.

Of course you can still get away with mailing games sometimes even though they're not permitted, but if they decide to open your package and enforce the rules, it will be rejected and returned to you.

[quote name='otakuseth']Next time take a copy of regulations to the post office with you. You will find you can mail a lot of stuff using Media.

"Computer-readable media containing prerecorded information and guides or scripts prepared solely for use with such media. "

While i have never had any problems with timely deliveries using Media, I wouldn't say that others haven't, considering the post office doesn't guarantee a delivery date for Media.[/QUOTE]

Dude, no video games via media mail and certainly no big @ss Helghast helmets via media mail.

[quote name='otakuseth']Well if speaking from personal experience is bad advice I apologize. ;D[/QUOTE]

Of course it is - it's anecdotal. Your post office happens to not enforce the rules, which is good for you, I suppose, but not exactly good advice for people who go to a different post office that does.

No shipping confirmation yet, but the item "can't be cancelled". Ordered 11/28. I'm going to take that as great news seeing as only one of my BF orders from BBY have been processed and shipped. Also, my bank shows I've been charged for KZ3 while my other orders are "still pending".

*note* It'd be nice to ship some of these comments somewhere via media mail :p

My Vanquish and HE Killzone 3 are still stuck on backordered. My Dead to Rights cannot be cancelled. Come on, come on. I've had some decent luck with BB.com though, so hopefully it doesn't let me down now.

Picked up Ridge Racer 3D and Samurai Warriors: Chronicles :3ds: for $14.50 each in store.

Just waiting for my $99 Citibank 3DS to get here so that I can get back on board with some :3ds: action....

I picked up a copy of KZ3: Helgast Edition on Friday Night in Murrieta, CA Best Buy.

The girl who did the price check was floored when it came up 24.50. The game alone is priced at 39.99.

FYI, the online inventory checker claimed there were not any at this store and then the product vanished entirely from their website. The point is that it may be worth doing a physical run because I found one that had been all but forgotten.

Good luck because this is an insane deal.

[quote name='illennium']Of course it is - it's anecdotal. Your post office happens to not enforce the rules, which is good for you, I suppose, but not exactly good advice for people who go to a different post office that does.[/QUOTE]

Which makes it potentially worse, actually - because though the post office you ship from may not enforce the rules, one of the offices it stops at along the way might, and its a crapshoot what will happen to your package when it gets inspected mid-route. At best it gets sent back to you with an angry letter.

Also, everyone, don't forget : records can be media mail as well! :)

[quote name='brutalny']I doubt amazon will have it for 24.50. Probably 39.99, they haven't had any deals that good so far.[/QUOTE]

49.99!! What are you thinking Amazon?

[quote name='whoasaywhat']49.99!! What are you thinking Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Well, that was a waste of eight hours or so. And I can't believe it's already 100% claimed, or almost there.

bread's done
Back