Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $79.99 @ Amazon

Tempted to buy from Amazon, but as a collector, I got a feeling that they are going to ship in with hardly any paddng and that box will be all banged up. Can anyone confirm how they got theirs? Thanks.

[quote name='truebeliever1972']Tempted to buy from Amazon, but as a collector, I got a feeling that they are going to ship in with hardly any paddng and that box will be all banged up. Can anyone confirm how they got theirs? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

IDK man, I'd say you don't have much to worry about. This is going to be a box inside a box with a strip of air bubbles on each side (maybe one side) As a collector, I'd feel safe buying this one from them. But something like MvC 3 CE where they put in a bubble mailer, its a different story.

Submitted the lower price from gamestop last night. I'm glad amazon matched, but do I really want a strange helmet and action figure?

[quote name='truebeliever1972']Tempted to buy from Amazon, but as a collector, I got a feeling that they are going to ship in with hardly any paddng and that box will be all banged up. Can anyone confirm how they got theirs? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

By the time someone receives theirs to let you know the deal may be over

why are you glad gamestop sold out? they had a $10 coupon and free shipping that worked with this order? got mine for under 75 total.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']why are you glad gamestop sold out? they had a $10 coupon and free shipping that worked with this order? got mine for under 75 total.[/QUOTE]

because i have amz credit, along with prime shipping, which gets me this with 2 day shipping for 40 total. hope you can see why im glad now.:)

its not really 40 total. i can think of a million things to buy at amazon that are just plain cheaper than anywhere, credit or not.

im wondering if any place will give me 130 store credit for it :p

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']its not really 40 total. i can think of a million things to buy at amazon that are just plain cheaper than anywhere, credit or not.

im wondering if any place will give me 130 store credit for it :p[/QUOTE]

for me out of pocket its 40 total. now you're just sounding like

a) a hater
b) a gamestop employee
or
c) both.

great price, i expect another drop soon... whats worse is that my return window for this same order expired 2 days ago!!! ugh glade i only paid 17 bucks out of pocket after credit :D

[quote name='jaide']Submitted the lower price from gamestop last night. I'm glad amazon matched, but do I really want a strange helmet and action figure?[/QUOTE]
Me too! I submitted a lower price like four times, then when I was done, and all like 'match match match match' it occured to me that I'm not sure I want it.

a hater? im just saying, ive gotten items incredibly cheap on amazon that weren't matched. credit is easy to spend while getting the ultimate deal.

It's a bit silly to think 40ship after amazon credit is any kind of saving on top of the 80 price coz amazon credit is as good as cash and never expires

[quote name='jaide']Submitted the lower price from gamestop last night. I'm glad amazon matched, but do I really want a strange helmet and action figure?[/QUOTE]

If you were responsible for this, I would like to shake your hand. And the helmet and action figure are the only reason that I am buying this. The helmet will look pretty sweet on my book shelf. DC Unlimited seems to have cancelled their line of KZ action figures, so this may be the only way to get one. I hope I can get a few bucks on trade in for the regular version I purchased. To offset the repurchase.

Yeah, thanks for submitting this!! Was waiting for a drop and a 50.00 one is just what i was looking for ;)

[quote name='Josh5890']I suprised that the regular edition hasn't dropped below $50 yet.[/QUOTE]

It did for awhile. Saw it around $45 on amazon.

[quote name='technicalstylez']for me out of pocket its 40 total. now you're just sounding like

a) a hater
b) a gamestop employee
or
c) both.[/QUOTE]
For me the price is the one you pay before your credit. After all you can spend your credit for anything. In this regard Gamestop was better price total of $75 is less than $80 - period.. FYI - I am not hater or GC employee, just tring to be fair.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']If you were responsible for this, I would like to shake your hand. And the helmet and action figure are the only reason that I am buying this. The helmet will look pretty sweet on my book shelf. DC Unlimited seems to have cancelled their line of KZ action figures, so this may be the only way to get one. I hope I can get a few bucks on trade in for the regular version I purchased. To offset the repurchase.[/QUOTE]

It just dropped to 33 trade in at amazon... and they pay shipping.

Best deal going, but Best Buy was giving that as well. Estarland was giving 38 a few days ago when I checked.

Hurray! Man, been waiting on this to drop to below $80. Play-asia had it for like $65 a few weeks ago, but I found that it was the JP version. So, I have $60 in points on my Sony card, so I'll end up picking this up for $20 after credit :)

Definitely waiting for this to hit clearance in brick and mortar stores before I go with Amazon at $80. This set is big ... cat helmet big ... and most big box retailers aren't going to want it wasting space as new games come out in the spring and summer. I'm guessing Best Buy will go lower than $80 at some point ... $50 or $40 would be ideal but I know that could be awhile and adds to the risk of not getting it.

Oh good grief, how are people defending GS over amazon? The dude said he had some credit and it cost him $40 out of pocket. So what if he used AZ credit? Maybe that's what he wanted to use it on? So better deal for him than getting one from GS that'd take a week or so versus 2 days with prime.

Not to mention those $10 GS coupons are horrible, seeing as they don't even stack.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Oh good grief, how are people defending GS over amazon? The dude said he had some credit and it cost him $40 out of pocket. So what if he used AZ credit? Maybe that's what he wanted to use it on? So better deal for him than getting one from GS that'd take a week or so versus 2 days with prime.

Not to mention those $10 GS coupons are horrible, seeing as they don't even stack.[/QUOTE]

:applause: i appreciate the support my good man.

[quote name='thetruth1983']Pretty sure this will be under $50 soon. My local Fry's have had these for $89 for a few weeks now and now they just dropped to $74![/QUOTE]

I haven't seen these in the store at all (not that I've been looking), and I'm afraid that my only option is Amazon, so if I wait too much longer, they're all going to be sold out quick...

I don't blame anyone for waiting though. $80 is a lot of money for a 6 hour game (I'm not a big multiplayer guy; I'm buying it for the single player).

Crap this box is huge! Seriously, I swear you could stack 3 PS3 fats in this box.
I'm really pleasantly surprised that the Helghast Sniper action figure is really good quality and bigger than I expected. Pretty freaking cool.

[quote name='jh6269']I haven't seen these in the store at all (not that I've been looking), and I'm afraid that my only option is Amazon, so if I wait too much longer, they're all going to be sold out quick...

I don't blame anyone for waiting though. $80 is a lot of money for a 6 hour game (I'm not a big multiplayer guy; I'm buying it for the single player).[/QUOTE]

MP is the best part of this game. SP is quite a stepdown from KZ2.

[quote name='technole']MP is the best part of this game. SP is quite a stepdown from KZ2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I'm hearing. That's why I canceled my pre-order and got Yakuza 4 instead.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Oh good grief, how are people defending GS over amazon? The dude said he had some credit and it cost him $40 out of pocket. So what if he used AZ credit? Maybe that's what he wanted to use it on? So better deal for him than getting one from GS that'd take a week or so versus 2 days with prime.

Not to mention those $10 GS coupons are horrible, seeing as they don't even stack.[/QUOTE]

i dont think ive ever waited close to a week for a gamestop purchase - its always 2-3 days - just giving gamestop shipping some credit, i think they do a very good job.

does anyone know where the Killzone 3 Super Voucher DLC Code is located inside the box? Mine came from Amazon today and I don't see it anywhere in the box. I'm hoping it is inside the game but I don't want to open it to check. The description on Amazon mentions something about inside the helmet but in my shipment nothing was inside the helmet; both the game and artbook were outside the helmet.

Thanks for the help

Think I'll wait. My local Best Buy has a huge stack of these, as do a couple other retailers, and I know they don't want those huge boxes sitting there forever.

bread's done
Back