Killzone Liberation demo

psychoxfoo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
yea well not really a deal, but i just got a psp demo of this game in the mail so im guessing if u sign up for playstation underground, then maybe you would get one too...

Cool, I like demos.

And they usually make you preorder stuff to get any demos, but they usually don't care what you preorder. If you go in preordering Legend of Zelda for the Wii, they will give you any demo you want. They just want to see a preorder period.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Doesn't Gamestop/EB have them instore for free?[/quote]That store wont even give poster in garbage for free.

I hope I get this - the last 2 demos I've received from the underground have been sports (soccer I think for the psp, and basketball a week or two ago for the ps2) and I don't even play sports games.

I just got the demo too. Makes me wonder, is it random as to who gets the demos? I've gotten a demo for this & pursuit force, but I've heard of underground members getting other demos that I haven't.

[quote name='peteloaf']I just got the demo too. Makes me wonder, is it random as to who gets the demos? I've gotten a demo for this & pursuit force, but I've heard of underground members getting other demos that I haven't.[/quote]

I got the demo today as well, and like you, I haven't been sent some demos that other CAGs have been able to get.

The game itself seems pretty cool. The characters are a little small but the graphics are great and I'm liking the controls and viewpoint they've come up with...

Why don't they just let you download all of these at this point? Seems it would be easier, cost less, and I don't know make sense.

[quote name='jkam']Why don't they just let you download all of these at this point? Seems it would be easier, cost less, and I don't know make sense.[/quote]
I agree, it would be nice to be able to download the demo like they did with LocoRoco, Soccer, and Mercury Meltdown 2. That way people don't have to hunt them down and Sony doesn't have to loose their ass with the UMD media.

[quote name='jkam']Why don't they just let you download all of these at this point? Seems it would be easier, cost less, and I don't know make sense.[/quote]

I don't know, I think that makes a little too much sense for Sony.

At least we might be getting downloadable DS demos that we transfer from the Wii.

I think it might have to do with the space needed for demos. They want you to play the killzone demo even though it probably takes alot more space for the demo than a 32 mb memory card. I imagine locoroco took up much less room.

It would be nice if someone could compare demo sizes to confirm this.

T

Depending on how it's compressed Killzone's only a 20MB - 40MB download. It might be significantly larger when you uncompress it into PSP format though, haven't checked.

Got the demo and man oh man is it short. It reminded me a lot of Metal Gear Solid only with a bit more action. Aiming with the control stick is a bit wonky and I still haven't figured out how to zoom with the Sniper Rifle. Overall I'd say it isn't worth a day one purchase, but I may pick it up on clearance.

Has anyone managed to find a multiplayer game yet? Every time I check there aren't any up to join. Would like to hear some impressions on multi if anyone has any.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Has anyone managed to find a multiplayer game yet? Every time I check there aren't any up to join. Would like to hear some impressions on multi if anyone has any.[/quote]
Huh? I believe the multiplayer for this game is ad-hoc only, which means only multiplayer between PSPs and not over the internet.

The demo is short, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. I agree about it not being a day one purchase, but once it drops to $17.99 used, I'll pick it up.

I still keep getting killed by the two guys that come out of the main building after you kille the guy in the area floating in the water. I like it I guess but this looks more like a "borrow my friend's copy" type game than an actual purchase.

[quote name='javeryh']I still keep getting killed by the two guys that come out of the main building after you kille the guy in the area floating in the water. I like it I guess but this looks more like a "borrow my friend's copy" type game than an actual purchase.[/quote]
I ended up laying a popup mine where the rocket guy stands and blew him up.

I really liked the demo but can see that if they don't introduce more functionality through the game it could get kinda lame. Too bad this comes out the same day as VCS. I may pick it up after Christmas when it drops in price ... either way I'll be picking it up sometime.

[quote name='javeryh']I still keep getting killed by the two guys that come out of the main building after you kille the guy in the area floating in the water. I like it I guess but this looks more like a "borrow my friend's copy" type game than an actual purchase.[/quote]

Grab the shotgun from the weapon box, and rush the guy shooting the rocket launcher. All you have to do to evade the rockets is do a roll (hit L1 twice). He will only be able to get off maybe one rocket, and then you should be close enough to pump a couple of shotgun rounds into him.

Finally got around to trying this...man that was a short demo! It seems pretty cool...the graphics and the top down view is nice but at times it almost seemed too small. It seemed as if the graphics weren't completely polished either...sometimes when you move things look a little blocky or like they are tearing a bit or something. I might pick this up when it goes cheap...I don't think I would get it right away. The overall presentation is good though...it loading quick. The death scenes are pretty cool...I like when you get tossed in the water or you blow up a barrell and a guy goes with it.

The demo combined with the screenshots I've seen are really getting me psyched for this game. Too bad it's coming out the same day as VCS ... goodbye free time.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I like how they have a review for a game that'll be released in 2 weeks, yet there's nothing for Gun Showdown or Ace Combat X; both of which are in stores today.[/QUOTE]

Gun Showdown is really good. If you liked Syphon Filter: DM or GTA:LCS, you will like Gun. I played a bit of the Xbox version, and Gun is equal to it and in some cases, even better. The multiplayer is really fun as well.

[quote name='yukine']Huh? I believe the multiplayer for this game is ad-hoc only, which means only multiplayer between PSPs and not over the internet.

[/QUOTE]

According to the IGN review, its going to have online multiplayer servers active around the time the game is released.

And the experience doesn't end there, since the game will let you play online and download new maps and modes in the future. IGN couldn't test any of this, unfortunately, since the servers and downloadable content will debut when the game ships later in the month.

This alone will have me buy it day one.

On a seperate note, anyone want to get me a demo? The local EB's and Gameslops either say they don't have any or want a reservation for it. Meh.

If anyone needs a copy of the demo PM me. I've got an extra I can send your way.

On a side note, has anyone figured out how to zoom with the sniper rifle?

sony made a Killzone psp package for europe... similar to the loco roco pack and the atv2, and dog town package. if they'd only stop trying to get people to pay 249.99 in one shot...

So does anyone have the game? How was it?
I'm tempted to pick it up at BB for $24.99 a/c this week, but I'm more than a little broke, so I can wait (especially if it's a price cut instead of a sale).

bread's done
Back