Killzone: Liberation (PSP) - Finally GH for $19.99

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I just got an e-mail saying, alongside the price drop for ratchet and clank, Killzone Liberation is going GH as well:

psp_05.jpg

It was $10 if you could find them at Shopko clearances, but even at $20 the game is more than worth the price. They added a fifth episode to the single-player game and implimented online competitive play (while upping the max players to 8) in a downloadable patch, so it's even better than it was when the game was first reviewed.

I was pissed off since the beginning because they took forever to get the online mode in. It's been months now and I might finally pick it up. I hope black label ones are cheap too...

Hmm... I may just pick this one up. I enjoyed the demo way back when. I have a little too much going on this month though, so it may have to wait a month. Thanks OP!

It may just now be going GH, but Killzone has been $20 at Wal-Mart for upwards of a year. I don't know if that's all stores or if it was just YMMV to my area though.

killzone fails for me because of the fact the first one sucked and they are still trying to revamp the franchise.

simply put theres too much hype for a game that isnt so good

[quote name='(psp)snake']killzone fails for me because of the fact the first one sucked and they are still trying to revamp the franchise.

simply put theres too much hype for a game that isnt so good[/quote]
First of all, fact would mean that everyone agrees (i.e. FACT: We breath oxygen); yet there are people who would disagree that it sucked. Some may say it was OK or decent, but it's not ET for the Atari 2600.

Secondly, to say you're going to pass on this game because you THOUGHT the previous game sucked and the franchise is overhyped is just stupid. That's like me saying that I didn't like the James Bond film "Octopussy" so I won't like ANY James Bond films.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Here's a game for PSP that's actually good. One of the few I own for that system.[/QUOTE]

The problem isn't that there aren't any good games for the PSP, but that the PSP just sucks for playing games on.

[quote name='jrutz']The problem isn't that there aren't any good games for the PSP, but that the PSP just sucks for playing games on.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Although, I find that RPGs (when they're done right) work well on the system since they require less buttons/analog sticks.

damn finally i knew i was gonna pick this up regardless but now i def. pick it up when i get my god of war psp bundle in june thanks op,now for socom tactical strike to go down in price

[quote name='(psp)snake']killzone fails for me because of the fact the first one sucked and they are still trying to revamp the franchise.

simply put theres too much hype for a game that isnt so good[/QUOTE]

I like how your only criticism about the game is based on a completely different game in the series which in no way reflects the quality of this one. Hey guys, Super Mario Galaxy sucks because Hotel Mario was horrible!

[quote name='jrutz']The problem isn't that there aren't any good games for the PSP, but that the PSP just sucks for playing games on.[/quote]

It doesn't suck for playing games, its my system of choice for playing games. I own 105 UMD games because of this site, and I love playing them on my PSP. The PSP is a great gaming system, I like it a lot better when I played with my DS and the stupid touch screen...I'm so glad I sold that thing.

Just a FYI for those worried about red label games - when they first announce a greatest hits Sony ships stickers to stores to put on top of black label copies so people know they're cheaper. So if you grab it not and it is red check to see if it's a sticker or the actual cover art.

Picked this up last night used for $12.50 with the 25% off + Edge. It's a hell of a deal considering the downloads that you pull down add an extra chapter and MP!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']If the PSP sucks to play games on then why the fuck do I have more fun on it than my PS3 and 360 combined?[/quote]

Probably because you don't have a HD TV nor online for your consoles.

[quote name='jrutz']The problem isn't that there aren't any good games for the PSP, but that the PSP just sucks for playing games on.[/quote]

Few games are good on the PSP. I cannot play some games on the PSP because the controls plain suck. Examples: Street Fighter Anthology (my fingers always hurt after 5 minutes), FIFA and Winning eleven, etc

The few exceptions are some racing games like Burnout and Ridge Racer and some other games like Hot Shots Golf and GTA.

80% of the PSP games suck because of bad controls or console limitations (just try playing Rainbow 6 on the PSP and you know what I mean).

[quote name='oasisboy']Probably because you don't have a HD TV nor online for your consoles.[/QUOTE]

I have online and don't give a shit about online. I am getting an HDTV soon, but just because it's pretty dosn't mean it's better.

I own Every current home console and portable, and the PSP has still gotten at least 75% of all my gaming time.

don't hate on something because of the few thins you've played. Sit down with some patapon, GTA, god of war or whatever else.

I'd rather hold hands with you in a bath of gummy bears than accept random hate.

[quote name='oasisboy']Few games are good on the PSP. I cannot play some games on the PSP because the controls plain suck. Examples: Street Fighter Anthology (my fingers always hurt after 5 minutes), FIFA and Winning eleven, etc

The few exceptions are some racing games like Burnout and Ridge Racer and some other games like Hot Shots Golf and GTA.

80% of the PSP games suck because of bad controls or console limitations (just try playing Rainbow 6 on the PSP and you know what I mean).[/quote]

I own Rainbow Six: Vegas on the PSP and it isn't that bad of a game...but it is too short. The core mechanics that are there work great for a hand-held game, you just have to learn how to use them. And just because your fingers hurt while playing games doesn't mean the controls suck. I've played hours and hours at a time on my PSP and my fingers never hurt. Maybe you just have a problem with your hands...or maybe they're just too big? Saying the game is bad because you can't physically play the game is just stupid.

[quote name='ScoJo']Why is there a general aversion to GH versions of games?[/QUOTE]

general thougt around here is that that red bar looks ugly as fuck alongside all the black colored logos. Plus, to emphasize it again, it's ugly as fuck.

Hopefully the PSP bashing can go back to gamefaqs and stay out of a game specific deal thread.

I haven't played KZL for months, but the multiplayer is some of the most fun i've had in a shooter in a long long time.

The single player is pretty good, but the difficulty is not balanced, sometimes way too easy, other times cheap and annoying.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']1. I have online and don't give a shit about online.

2. I am getting an HDTV soon, but just because it's pretty dosn't mean it's better.

3. don't hate on something because of the few thins you've played. Sit down with some patapon, GTA, god of war or whatever else.

4. I'd rather hold hands with you in a bath of gummy bears than accept random hate.[/quote]

1. Very antisocial and non-competitive

2. My friend, a nice 52 inch plasma 1080p TV makes a whole lotta of difference when playing a 360 or ps3 game as compared to a 32 inch standard definition tv :lol:

3. I do not hate the PSP (otherwise I would not own one). I am just saying that most PSP games suck in my opinion.

4. No thanks :booty:

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']1. And just because your fingers hurt while playing games doesn't mean the controls suck. I've played hours and hours at a time on my PSP and my fingers never hurt.

2. Saying the game is bad because you can't physically play the game is just stupid.[/quote]

1. Try playing Street Fighter Anthology for 2 hours straight and see if you fingers don't hurt.

2. Why is it stupid? ign.com stated that games like Street Fighter and Rainbow 6 are hard to enjoy on the PSP due to the controls.

IGN.com talking about Street Fighter: "Of course, the big question on most everyone's mind is, how does it control with PSP's D-PAD? And the answer is: it controls ok. You will most assuredly miss more fireballs and uppercuts than you're used to, and in that regard it's very frustrating."

And concerning my fingers hurting with this game: "Your fingers may hate you for a while, but in this case, the pain is mostly worth it."

[quote name='oasisboy']1. Very antisocial and non-competitive

2. My friend, a nice 52 inch plasma 1080p TV makes a whole lotta of difference when playing a 360 or ps3 game as compared to a 32 inch standard definition tv :lol:

3. I do not hate the PSP (otherwise I would not own one). I am just saying that most PSP games suck in my opinion.

4. No thanks :booty:[/QUOTE]

Hmm, something tells me you have a hard life so you have to hate on dumb things like this. If it makes you happy, I'll say you won in this discussion but I won't agree with you. I really think bickiring like this is damn pointless anyway especially when I have no need to fuel my ego. just don't bash something because you have a hard time liking it.

I hate it when threads get crapped on.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Hmm, something tells me you have a hard life so you have to hate on dumb things like this. If it makes you happy, I'll say you won in this discussion but I won't agree with you. I really think bickiring like this is damn pointless anyway especially when I have no need to fuel my ego. just don't bash something because you have a hard time liking it.

I hate it when threads get crapped on.[/quote]

Dude, you need to chill down. Nobody here is "bickering". All I am doing is stating my point of view (this is a messageboard in case you did not know ;)).

[quote name='oasisboy']Dude, you need to chill down. Nobody here is "bickering". All I am doing is stating my point of view (this is a messageboard in case you did not know ;)).[/QUOTE]

:lol: at least it's not gamefaqs :)

[quote name='oasisboy']1.
a bunch of crying
[/QUOTE]
----------------------------

Take it to another board, you are off topic trolling.

bread's done
Back