Killzone PS2

repetske

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
After seeing the awesome fake video for Killzone 2, I now want to play Killzone. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm alone in this since I can't win a copy on Ebay. Does anyone know where I could find a copy in the $20-25 shipped range? Less is also good, but I'm trying to be realistic. The best deal I've found so far is Gamefly since it beats EB by a couple of dollars. It doesn't have to be brand new. I just want a decent copy that isn't scratched and the case is in good shape.

I imagine this should be $20 new soon...at the very least $30 (which would make it $25 used). I am waiting for that $20 price and I'm game for a GGC purchase! As far as right now, I can't help you. Sorry.

[quote name='chickenhawk']I imagine this should be $20 new soon...at the very least $30 (which would make it $25 used). I am waiting for that $20 price and I'm game for a GGC purchase! As far as right now, I can't help you. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for trying. I was shocked the other day to see it was still $50 new. I'll probably just do the same unless I just get lucky and find it somewhere. Maybe Sony will drop it to $20 to compete with the Xbox 360 launch.

yea i think it will drop soon since kz 2 was shown...sort of like how gr 2 for the xbox was dropped b/c gr 3 was shown for the xb360

I have a mint-condition Killzone I've been looking to deal for several months now. I sent a PM if you're interested or anybody else is, PM me.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']You could always rent it first, you might not like it after spending $30 on it.[/QUOTE]

Rent it first. And if you really like it wait for a price drop. You can keep a game from Blockbuster for a month for about $10.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']You could always rent it first, you might not like it after spending $30 on it.[/QUOTE]

That is good advice for someone with common sense, but I do tons of stupid things in regard to games. I spent $75 a few months ago just to get a Sega CD and NHL 94 that I only played once. I also bought Winning Eleven 6, 7, & 8 that I have only played out 3 times each and the list goes on. Thanks for the tip though. I used to work at a Blockbuster and somehow I just feel dirty going in there, unless I'm taking advantage of one of the awesome GameRush deals.

jerfgoke, I sent you a pm.

Killzone is awesome. I have no idea why it got panned. There are plenty of times that you will push pause, sit back and say "is this a PS2 game?"

Really, really underrated. Not a Halo killer mind you but a great game.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Killzone is awesome. I have no idea why it got panned. There are plenty of times that you will push pause, sit back and say "is this a PS2 game?"

Really, really underrated. Not a Halo killer mind you but a great game.[/QUOTE]

THAT is why it got criticized so much...because of the extreme amount of hype from ps2 owners that killzone would be better than halo 2...that is the main reason for people talking bad about it...if it was just considered as "another fps," then it would have fared a lot better in people's eyes IMO...

[quote name='psiufoxx2']I'm a big fan of half.com, eBay's retail sales site.

Check out the prices.. You can choose the condition of the item you are buying as well.

Killzone at half.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I totally forgot about half.com. I'm trying to work out a deal with jerfgoke right now, but if that falls through. Also, does anyone know if this game was discounted somewhere in the last couple of months? There just seems to be a lot of sealed copies going around for way less than retail or normal retail cost.

Killzone rocks. Since everyone wants to compare Killzone against Halo, I'll throw in my two cents and state that Killzone is way better than Halo 1. I haven't played Halo 2 so I can't make a judgement on that.

Looking forward to Killzone 2 in a huge way.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Killzone is awesome. I have no idea why it got panned. There are plenty of times that you will push pause, sit back and say "is this a PS2 game?"

Really, really underrated. Not a Halo killer mind you but a great game.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed Killzone also, a very good FPS for PS2. But if you played and been disappointed by the ending of Halo 2 expect the same with Killzone.

Both of those games endings are really disappointing.

Every Blockbuster I've been to around here has atleast 4 used copies of Killzone. If you have 3 cheap ass games to trade in, you can get in on the trade 3 get a used game for $5 deal at BB or GR.

[quote name='maccabee72']Every Blockbuster I've been to around here has atleast 4 used copies of Killzone. If you have 3 cheap ass games to trade in, you can get in on the trade 3 get a used game for $5 deal at BB or GR.[/QUOTE]

I tried that on Saturday and the two GR's near me didn't have any. It would be a great deal if they did though.

[quote name='repetske']Thanks for trying. I was shocked the other day to see it was still $50 new. I'll probably just do the same unless I just get lucky and find it somewhere. Maybe Sony will drop it to $20 to compete with the Xbox 360 launch.[/QUOTE]

I fail to see any logic as to how this game could "compete" with the launch of a brand new system, nor do I see how anyone could think that way.

bread's done
Back