Killzone Trilogy Oct 23rd $39.99 (Killzone HD Remake with Trophies)

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!
Yes it is MSRP but people seem to love the new collections so I thought I would throw this up on the page. Hopefully we see a good holiday sale on it. Contains a HD remake of Killzone + all the DLC for Killzone 2 and 3. Pretty good deal for someone who never played these games. I checked quickly and the used price on 2 and 3 will run about $30 so $40 for it all new with DLC and an HD remake of the 1st is not bad.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

"Sony has officially announced that the Killzone Trilogy exists and that it'll be coming out on October 23rd in the US and October 24th in Europe.

It'll contain Killzone HD – a shiny remaster of the PS2 title which will have full trophy support – as well as Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 which both appeared on PlayStation 3.
But that's not all. The trilogy will also contain all map packs for the last two installments of the series.

That means for Killzone 2 you'll get:

Steel & Titanium Map Pack
Flash & Thunder Map Pack
Napalm & Cordite Map Pack
And for Killzone 3 that means you'll get:

Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack
Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack
Killzone 3 From The Ashes Map Pack
The trilogy will retail at $39.99 and €49.99/£40.84 in Europe."

[quote name='sykotek']I gotta say though, and it's a small nitpick, but I'm really not a fan of how their new collection packaging looks.[/QUOTE]Minus the PS Move "Swoop" I think they're pretty darn awesome...

I have no real day 1 interest in this set, yeah I would like to play the original but never finished the second, while I also found its MP to be rather... unimpressive (that and the Helghast are so easy to spot from distance because of their glowing eyes) and I never got the third... That said a few price drops and I could find myself interested.

That is as long as its three discs big. I do not want a digital only copy of the original Killzone.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Well, at this point they've already got all 5 GOW games upscaled in HD and ready to go. For the Ratchet collection they had to put a ton of work into each game.[/QUOTE]
that makes no sense. Only 4 of the GoW games got remastered in HD bc GoW is a PS3 game. Not counting Deadlock'd which was more of a spinoff, the other Ratchet games are already PS3 games as well so there would be no extra work put into them. My bet is there will be a second collection for them a year after the upcoming Full Frontal Assault is launched, which puts the 4 PS3 games in one package

I'm holding off on making any plans to pick this up until I hear whether KZ1 will be just upscaled or if it will actually have some serious graphical upgrades. I tried to play multiplayer with a friend a couple of years ago, but couldn't get past how blocky and unattractive it looked in comparison to KZ2 and KZ3 (yes, I know KZ1 was for PS2). I never managed to find time to check the singleplayer, but that screenshot on IGN looks pretty decent. Still, I'll wait to see some gameplay footage.

Also, any confirmation on whether it will be a 3-disk, 2-disk, or 1-disk collection?

[quote name='Havok83']that makes no sense. Only 4 of the GoW games got remastered in HD bc GoW is a PS3 game. Not counting Deadlock'd which was more of a spinoff, the other Ratchet games are already PS3 games as well so there would be no extra work put into them. My bet is there will be a second collection for them a year after the upcoming Full Frontal Assault is launched, which puts the 4 PS3 games in one package[/QUOTE]

All 3 Ratchet games in this collection are the PS2 games that have never been on PS3. (Ratchet & Clank, Going Commando, and Up Your Arsenal)

[quote name='tylerh1701']All 3 Ratchet games in this collection are the PS2 games that have never been on PS3. (Ratchet & Clank, Going Commando, and Up Your Arsenal)[/QUOTE]
Um, I know that.

[quote name='Havok83']Um, I know that.[/QUOTE]

Then I have no idea what your point is...

The 5 games in the GoW Collection were 100% complete since Sept. 2011, all they had to do was slap them all together in one collection. All the work on them was all done.

The 3 Ratchet games had to have actual work done to be made available.

EDIT: After re-reading the entire conversation, I now understand. You were implying that they could have just thrown Crack in Time, Tools of Destruction, and Quest for Booty in the collection too, since they're already done. My apologies for misunderstanding what you meant in your first post.

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']I wouldn't buy 2 because of the online trophies are difficult.
I would get killzone 1.[/QUOTE]

Actually, only a few of them are really tough. Specifically, the leaderboard-based ones (reaching top 10%, 5% and 1% of players in a week). Most of the remaining ones can be obtained by playing with bots in the Botzone on easy difficulty.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Actually, only a few of them are really tough. Specifically, the leaderboard-based ones (reaching top 10%, 5% and 1% of players in a week). Most of the remaining ones can be obtained by playing with bots in the Botzone on easy difficulty.[/QUOTE]

The leaderboard trophies are definitely possible. It took dozens of hours, but they are possible. :cool:

I'm interested in this, if only for the awesome box art (minus that gold medallion on the left). I already have 2 and 3 (and all DLC for 2), so I think I'm going to pass unless I find it for less than $10.

[quote name='dallow']Great price.
I've only played 2, so I may think about this.

I really only want to play the original.[/QUOTE]

They are going to release the KZ1 on the PSN store, so you could wait

bread's done
Back