Kind of a deal... Marvel Nemesis GC MSRP: $39.99

Cool, I think I'll pre-order this at EB later on this week.

[quote name='DX']Too bad the Cube controller is terrible for basically EVERY game genre.[/QUOTE]

Wavebird > All :lol:

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So is the MSRP $10 less because there's no online component?[/QUOTE]

That's the logical explanation, but they haven't done that in the past have they? I wonder if this is a nother price mistake although I would guess that's unlikely since both EB and GS have it for that price.

[quote name='chickenhawk']That's the logical explanation, but they haven't done that in the past have they? I wonder if this is a nother price mistake although I would guess that's unlikely since both EB and GS have it for that price.[/QUOTE]

Ive noticed fifa 2006 is 40 for gamecube aswell, yet 50 for XB and PS2 , and 60 for XB360. So maybe its a trend.

It probably has less to do with error or dearth of features and more to do with the fact that it is on Gamecube. With significantly fewer titles released on a regular basis for the GC than for all other systems, it seems likely to me that a smart developer would market their game at a price competetive to all other GC games in order to draw GC users in, considering the fact that there aren't too many other new releases to contend with. I know, as a sole-GC owner, that I have been willing to buy games I would otherwise not play if I had a greater assortment of games to choose from and could get the games I REALLY wanted.

Not to say I don't want Marvel Nemesis...

[quote name='supershammy']It probably has less to do with error or dearth of features and more to do with the fact that it is on Gamecube. With significantly fewer titles released on a regular basis for the GC than for all other systems, it seems likely to me that a smart developer would market their game at a price competetive to all other GC games in order to draw GC users in, considering the fact that there aren't too many other new releases to contend with. I know, as a sole-GC owner, that I have been willing to buy games I would otherwise not play if I had a greater assortment of games to choose from and could get the games I REALLY wanted.[/QUOTE]

So... the games are cheaper because there is less competition?

[quote name='ransom456']So... the games are cheaper because there is less competition?[/QUOTE]

Let's just pretend things are worse than they are. If there's only one game selling at $50, and all the other GC games are at $20... who's gonna buy a $50 game? Obviously the situation isn't quite that extreme, but it's a theory anyway.

bread's done
Back