Kindle Fire $129 ($30 off) - Amazon Cyber Monday Deal

[quote name='RoMee']The app is not that big, its the data.
For example Symphony of Eternity (one of the better RPG) is only about 30mb but it requires you to download about 1GB of data.

Not all games are like that, only the good ones, like Shadowgun, or Deadspace, or N.O.V.A 3 etc.[/QUOTE]
Examples from my Kindle (includes app and save data):
Eve of Genesis: 604KB
Plants vs Zombies: 79.49MB
Cut the Rope: 30.49MB
Cut the Rope Experiments: 53.98MB
Avadon: The Black Fortress HD (not even supposed to run on this but it does): 188MB
Anomaly HD: 158MB

So even your larger games don't take up a lot of space. Only the console type games take up a lot of space. And they don't really run well on the non-HD fire anyway.

i got the original kindle fire for christmas last year. i really like it. i read a ton of more with it. its nice having netflix/crunchy roll player, the comixology app (always wait for their 99 cent sales), i have an iphone too and of course the amount of games on kindle fire is way less but they have a lot of the big titles like the angry birds series, wheres my water, most gameloft games , most ea games (nba jam is fun), other games i like puzzle quest, rayman jungle, pinball arcade, league of evil.

its a nice little reader, lay around the house an browse the internet, play a few games, watch some videos machine. for me if a person wants an inexpensive tablet i would go for the fire or fire hd if they want to spend a lot more get the regular iPad.

yeah some games can be large but i never am playing a bunch of the large ones all at once. like i always have some smaller games on (angry birds space, angry birds star wars, wheres my water, league of evil etc) and then like a large one like the dark knight ill play it and then when done delete it from the kindle

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Root it and put Jelly Bean on it and you'll have one rad little tablet.[/QUOTE]

I flashed Liberty to my phone this week. Not sure if they have a version that would work on the Kindle, but if they do it would be great. I actually like my phone again.

[quote name='Kaiselius']Eh, as much as my back would thank me, I think I'm gonna pass. Besides the book portion, it's sever capacity and media format(I can understand mkv, but no avi support?) limits really reduce it's usefulness for me. Plus the increase in price to get rid of the nag screen pretty much cancels out most of the savings from the deal.
Wouldn't be surprised if it goes cheaper in a few months anyways.[/QUOTE]

The google play store has tons of video players that can play any and all file formats. And for those that have your Nexus 7/Fire rooted, OTA rootkeeper will allow you to temporarily unroot your tablet so you can use streaming services like Flixster.

bread's done
Back