Kindle Special Offer: Free $10 video game promo code

jacobeid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
For those with the new ad-supported kindle with special offers, make sure that you turn yours on and redeem this offer.

Under special offers, there is a $10 video game promotional credit. Simply redeem it by 11:59 (PDT) Sunday, July 3, and a unique promotional code will be sent to you that can be entered during checkout of any video game. This is not one of the spend $10, get $20, it's just a $10 credit for redeeming the offer, so there's no reason not to.

The promotional code when sent to you is valid now until 11:59 (PDT) August 3.

Awesome. This is the third or fourth deal I've cashed in on. No idea why anyone would get the Kindle without the special offers at this point.

Agreed with both posts. The ads are really a non-issue, and you get free stuff out of it...I can't complain.

I just wanted to make sure that all the CAGers out there didn't miss this offer. I know it's summer and some of us aren't picking up books as much :)

[quote name='Link127']really? what other offers has this thing had?[/QUOTE]

In recent memory, two $10 for a $20 gift card promos, buy $10 of kindle books and get a $10 GC, deals on audible books, etc. Currently the offers include the video game one listed, and a buy $10 of select NY times bestsellers on the kindle store with a visa and get a $10 amazon credit. They have deals running all of the time, so after awhile if you bite on them, the kindle will pay for itself. I think I've gotten around $40 or so in "free" stuff from their offers and I've had the device for a little over a month now.

wow thanks for the info. been meaning to upgrade from the original Kindle DX to the new E ink anyway. DX is too awkward anyway, the smaller Kindle just seems like a much better size - like holding a light paperback.

the only thing holding me back was that the new gen Kindle should be out later this year if you follow the rumors. plus it would be Amazon's style - a new kindle comes out every 1.5 years.

[quote name='Link127']wow thanks for the info. been meaning to upgrade from the original Kindle DX to the new E ink anyway. DX is too awkward anyway, the smaller Kindle just seems like a much better size - like holding a light paperback.

the only thing holding me back was that the new gen Kindle should be out later this year if you follow the rumors. plus it would be Amazon's style - a new kindle comes out every 1.5 years.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just picked up the ad version because it seemed to be in my price range. I spend anywhere from 6-8 hours a day reading and writing toward my thesis, so I wanted a device that I could use for leisure reading whenever I get around to feeling like it. It's a solid product. The ads pop up on the screen when it's in sleep mode (which is where I saw this deal), and on the bottom of the screen when you're choosing something to read. Once you're actually reading, there are no ads, so it seems somewhat pointless to opt for the $139 version where you don't get these offers.

lol People probably hated the ad-supported Kindle because of the ads, but now that they're giving away free stuff, it probably seems worthwhile now!

Damn :( I got a Kindle for my birthday a few months back. It was around the time they started doing this new ad-infested Kindle version. I got the regular non-ad-infested version. Who would know that's the lesser version?

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']Damn :( I got a Kindle for my birthday a few months back. It was around the time they started doing this new ad-infested Kindle version. I got the regular non-ad-infested version. Who would know that's the lesser version?[/QUOTE]

Ditto, i got mine from a Company Xmas party, but same thing, no-ad version.

Not to derail my own thread, but does anyone know if amazon will continue these offers? When I purchased the device I thought it was a set of one time only deals that you could take advantage of, but I was pleasantly surprised that the offers kept coming in.

[quote name='jacobeid']Not to derail my own thread, but does anyone know if amazon will continue these offers? When I purchased the device I thought it was a set of one time only deals that you could take advantage of, but I was pleasantly surprised that the offers kept coming in.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get this deal on my Kindle until I turned my Wifi on, I assume it updates the offers when it gets the chance.

[quote name='jacobeid']Not to derail my own thread, but does anyone know if amazon will continue these offers? When I purchased the device I thought it was a set of one time only deals that you could take advantage of, but I was pleasantly surprised that the offers kept coming in.[/QUOTE]

They'll keep coming as an incentive to turn on the Kindle and also see the real ads (e.g., the car or Olay advertisements).

bread's done
Back