KINECT: price drop imminent ???

DeadKevin666

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Was finally gonna go ahead and buy one since I have the credit for it. But I've heard rumblings of a price drop this or next month.

Any truth to that? And does this info usually leak a few weeks beforehand or is it just suddenly spring upon retailers/the public?

I didn't want to spend $150 right now and then next month have it drop to $100. It would drive me crazy :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

I wonder the same too, for some reason I'd like to think that it will price drop, along with two color choices, like the black or white(same from star wars Kinect system bundle).

I haven't heard this rumor, but it wouldn't shock me. Last year's big Kinect games were Dance Central, Kinect Sports, and Kinectimals. This year's are Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports Season 2, and (no joke) Kinectimals... Now with Bears! If you didn't get a Kinect last year, nothing really to change your mind this year, unless you really love bears.

[quote name='mkelehan']If you didn't get a Kinect last year, nothing really to change your mind this year, unless you really love bears.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='mkelehan']I haven't heard this rumor, but it wouldn't shock me. Last year's big Kinect games were Dance Central, Kinect Sports, and Kinectimals. This year's are Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports Season 2, and (no joke) Kinectimals... Now with Bears! If you didn't get a Kinect last year, nothing really to change your mind this year, unless you really love bears.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I don't know, I disagree.

This fall:

Kinect Disneyland Adventures (hey, if Kinectimals is one of the top games you list, this should be one of the top upcoming ones)
Kinect Star Wars
Rise of Nightmares
Seasame Street
Gunstringer

Then you've got games that will have some form of Kinect support like Mass Effect 3 and Ghost Recon.

I think that's pretty good game libray growth for a one year old peripheral.

I really want to see a price drop. This interests me, some games interest me, and games with Kinect functions (mainly Mass Effect 3) interest me, but I can't justify $150 right now, not when $100 more gets me a PS3 that I now, after playing inFamous 2 at a store, really want. (To be clear, I wanted it before, but playing that solidified it.

Can't justify getthing a Kinect even at $25. I sit literally 4 feet from my tv (bedroom setup) with a chair pushed up against the wall, a dresser, and a radiator. I'd be slamming my hands all over the place with something like that.

The killer app for Kinetic right now is Dance Central and Child of Eden if you ask me.

Cowboom had them for $80 a few days ago, but I passed because there's not enough games for it, and I don't have space near my TV.

Child of Eden is AWESOME on it though..

Child of Eden & Dance Central are awesome titles.

I'd expect 100 by the Holiday, or at the least another pack in game (already doing downloads of Child of Eden with select Kinects)

[quote name='berzirk']I think that's pretty good game libray growth for a one year old peripheral.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it's not. That lineup sucks for the most part. Star Wars Kinect looks so so terrible

I'm sure kids will get a kick out of most of those, but they seriously need to add more adult/hardcore gaming to Kinect. ME3 and Ghost Recon is a start I guess, but even those additions seem useless compared to playing with a standard controller

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah, but it's not. That lineup sucks for the most part. Star Wars Kinect looks so so terrible

I'm sure kids will get a kick out of most of those, but they seriously need to add more adult/hardcore gaming to Kinect. ME3 and Ghost Recon is a start I guess, but even those additions seem useless compared to playing with a standard controller[/QUOTE]

Meh, I disagree. I think if you look at the Wii's game library after one year, it was first party brand re-hashes, sprinkled with third party trash. Move is not being embraced, and those games have had issues. Kinect it doing something revolutionary in gaming. The games are coming along. Rise of Nightmares is another example of this. The Gunstringer demo was a blast. I'll be getting that. I just ordered Child of Eden. You could realistically put together 4-5 really good/must have games for Kinect, not including some of the fitness games that people seem to enjoy. When you combine that with the interface of voice commands and gesture commands on the console, I'm actually quite impressed.

I come from a biased perspective though. I work in the motion capture industry, and I've seen companies that have multi-camera systems that look worse than Kinect, and cost $30,000. The tracking issues you see from a Kinect, I've seen in million dollar mocap setups. That technology for an MSRP of $150 is incredibly low priced.

bread's done
Back