King Arthur Saxons Expansion on Sale $12.05 - Steam

warreni

CAGiversary!
Feedback
167 (100%)
Last week, Steam posted a sale on King Arthur and all DLC for $36.84 US. Today, they added just the new Saxons expansion, for those, like me, who acquired the other items during a previous sale, for the low(er) price of $12.05 (from $17.99). No indication of how long the sale will last.

Would be nice if they just released a complete game, instead of half a game and then trying to charge extra to get the rest. It's shameful that they've released so much so-called "DLC" when the game has had so many bugs and balance issues since launch, some that still aren't fixed.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']Would be nice if they just released a complete game, instead of half a game and then trying to charge extra to get the rest. It's shameful that they've released so much so-called "DLC" when the game has had so many bugs and balance issues since launch, some that still aren't fixed.[/QUOTE]

Since most people looking at this thread wouldn't own or follow this title, mind going into a bit more detail on the issues you are talking about?

The game looks fun, and being a low budget title from a small dev I kind of expect some bugs, but wouldn't want to hit anything like "campaign can't be completed".

Seems like people either love or hate this game... I'll give it a shot. After a couple more hours of DL'ing, I'll let you know. :)

I played through the demo before I bought it. Now that I've actually futzed around with Empire Total War a bit, I can say that it does feel a bit like E:TW in the broad sense that you have a turn-based overland map and real-time strategic battles. However, the battles and the story are a lot more interesting (to me, at least). So I haven't played the full game yet, but I'll probably buy The Saxons this week anyway. It looks like a nice expansion but the original pricing was a bit steep, in my cheap opinion.

I think UltraMysteryDopplega may be one of those folks who doesn't care for DLC on principle (the available DLCs, not counting The Saxons, which includes a new campaign, and is thus more of a full-fledged expansion, were additional knight units and artifacts, and were reasonably priced for what they were). On the other hand, he has a legitimate complaint from other things I've read about persistent bugs and balance issues with the game (for example, after several patches, I've read on the official forums that archers are still pretty overpowered). None of the bugs are really game-breaking, though, so I wouldn't be afraid to buy it if you're into this sort of game. If you're worried about it running on your system, Steam has a demo (and, no, I don't work for Neocore :)).

bread's done
Back