King Kong Trailer on TV Tonight!

Saucy Jack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sorry if this is a repost.

Received an e-mail from Universal Studios. At precisely 8:59:30 PM Eastern time, you can catch the trailer for King Kong on several networks, such as USA, NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, Mun2, and other related networks. It will air here before it hits theatres and the internet.

Pretty cool.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']one of the other networks is Discovery I believe (saw a commercial that it would be shown during Jurassic Park)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, basically all the networks under the blanket of Universal/NBC.

Holy. F*cking. Hell.

Except looking too digital at times (the beach scene looks green screened, and most likely because it was), that is freaking awesome. The trailer was better then the whole of the '76 version (not like that was hard).

Looks good, but I think the dinosaurs look too computery. The T-Rex looked like shit to me. Kong looks awesome though, I can't wait to see him rampaging through the streets.

[quote name='tcrash247']Looks good, but I think the dinosaurs look too computery. The T-Rex looked like shit to me. Kong looks awesome though, I can't wait to see him rampaging through the streets.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what to say, about the dinosaurs. It looked like the T-Rex from JP was fighting mighty joe young. You'd think after all these years they could make better dinosaurs then they did in the original JP movie.

Wow that looks good even though I don't really see the appeal of this story or why it is revered by so many and considered a classic...

Wow, once again Peter Jackson amazes me. I absolutely love the casting of Jack Black. I'm really glad he's been given a more serious role because I know he has great range as an actor. He's one of my favorite actors, and he's in the greatest band on earth.

Some of the dinos looked a bit CG, but it will not matter to me if I get a chance to see Kong mix it up with that T-Rex. That will be a thing of beauty, but it won't be the first time we've seen it before.

http://arcade.sonzogni.com/Primal_Rage/images/flyer_front_primal_rage.jpg

I don’t think it would have killed them to make sure the T-Rex didn’t look exactly like the ones from Jurassic Park.

[quote name='zewone']I don’t think it would have killed them to make sure the T-Rex didn’t look exactly like the ones from Jurassic Park.[/QUOTE]

You know what I would settle for? If people stopped calling them "T-Rex".

I remember a time BEFORE Jurassic Park where they were called by their full name - Tyrannosaurus.

I was somewhat disappointed with the CGI, because it looked like CGI.

However, King Kong has always been a favorite of mine. I TiVo'd the trailer and watched it several times.

I am very excited it's coming, I just hope what we saw wasn't the best the movie has to offer.

[quote name='CTLesq']You know what I would settle for? If people stopped calling them "T-Rex".

I remember a time BEFORE Jurassic Park where they were called by their full name - Tyrannosaurus.

I was somewhat disappointed with the CGI, because it looked like CGI.
[/QUOTE]

I remember calling it T-Rex long before Jurassic Park. But I do agree with you about the CGI .. stills looked pretty good on site, but watching the video looks way too CGI. Still looking forward to the movie though.

[quote name='zewone']I don’t think it would have killed them to make sure the T-Rex didn’t look exactly like the ones from Jurassic Park.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they should have given them eXtreme purprple hair!

These dinos ARE different. Different and better muscle system and even more detail. Just go and look at the segment where Kong grabs the girl from mid-air as the t-rex lunges. Look at his left leg...far advanced from what they did in the original JP, and still better than JP2 & JP3.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Yeah, they should have given them eXtreme purprple hair![/QUOTE]

"It’s not like anyone can say definitively what dinosaurs looked like, so Christ, give him some roller skates or something. Maybe make him real queer and swishy. We haven’t seen that before. Or maybe put a upside down bowl of spaghetti on his head and give him a shirt that says “I Hate Mondays!” Cause that would be freakin adorable." - The Superficial

I can't wait for King Kong. :drool:
The trailer was great, even if the dinos didn't look as good as Kong. WETA still has a few months to upgrade them.

bread's done
Back