King of Fighters XI (PS2) - $9.99 at Amazon

Seems that NeoGeo Battle Coliseum is also running for cheap (not that cheap though) and has a "buy it together" with KoFXI for $25.... I'm tempted to hit that... are they any good?

For those that can't find it at their local BestBuy, this is a great deal. I picked it up for $15 from Smith's Marketplace when it first came out and played it for a few weeks before finally getting completely fed up with the final boss. I sold it on ebay for just over $20. Makes me glad that not everybody is a CAG. :D

[quote name='FFandMMfan']Seems that NeoGeo Battle Coliseum is also running for cheap (not that cheap though) and has a "buy it together" with KoFXI for $25.... I'm tempted to hit that... are they any good?[/quote]

Battle Colloseum's MSRP was $15, so you're not saving anything. :p

XI's MSRP was also $15.

And yes, the games are well worth this amount of money, if not more.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Battle Colloseum's MSRP was $15, so you're not saving anything. :p

XI's MSRP was also $15.

And yes, the games are well worth this amount of money, if not more.[/QUOTE]

On the right panel, NGBC is $12.99 from Amazon (ships in a couple of weeks). $2 savings + free ship + no tax ='s $22.99. That's hardcore savings man!!!

Every penny counts!!! I guess a $2.01 filler is necessary to push it over the edge for free shipping.

[quote name='thelonepig']For those that can't find it at their local BestBuy, this is a great deal. I picked it up for $15 from Smith's Marketplace when it first came out and played it for a few weeks before finally getting completely fed up with the final boss. I sold it on ebay for just over $20. Makes me glad that not everybody is a CAG. :D[/quote]

Indeed the final boss is ridiculously cheap, legitimately cheap, like seriously not fair at all. I always have to resort to using the Power Gauge regeneration aid after being defeated just to have a chance.

But otherwise though, this game is well worth $9.99 if you have a craving for some good 2D fighting with an abundance of characters to choose from. This was my first KOF game and now i'm a fan.

Just a foreword about the storyline, unless you've been playing all King of Fighter games chronologically or at least the ones that highlight the story arc that this game follows, then you're not gonna have any idea whats going on.

What ultimately matters though is that its a good, fun 2D fighter.

[quote name='62t']time for me to get price adjust from amazon as i brought it for $12.99[/quote]

How does one do this? I bought for the same price just a couple of days ago, and I'm not sure how to do a price adjustment.....thanks!

Even with a game as good as this one for as cheap as this, for me, a fighting game without online has very little replay value since I don't have friends who play video games. But great deal for everyone else!

Hmm, I just placed an order at Amazon.com for a couple of "cheap" Xbox games and The King of Fighters XI!!!...

I'm sure my little cousin will like the game too, he's just starting to get into fighting games...:D

[quote name='lockey']just tell them you want a price adjustment. never had a problem with them adjusting.[/QUOTE]
Do they actually *adjust* the price or do they still just give you coupons/credit for your next purchase, like they did in the past?

Huh. I just bought it for $12.99, too, but I don't know if I'll go through the effort of price adjusting for three bucks. Still, great game. I think I'll be moving along from 2003/2003 now.

bread's done
Back