KING OF POP Michael Jackson's This Is It Blu-ray/DVD deals

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
[youtube]jihKtiG7B4U[/youtube]
[youtube]cyrkcz7msfY[/youtube]

Blockbuster give away a few things - photos, collector's card, what else...? But, I think they will cost Full price.

Actually, it's $29.99
Amazon has it for $23.99
Target has it for $24.99

Best Buy -$29.99

There will also be three different Best Buy exclusives for the Blu-ray version of the film. Each will include a 3D backstage pass replica showcasing different artwork. Version #1 is This Is It - Smooth Criminal, Version #2 is This Is It - Pointing and Version #3 is Michael Jackson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Target has the 3d glasses free, usually near the "this is it" display. They are for the grammy's tribute to MJ.

The Walmart I go to has the Blu-Ray for $19.96 (single disc only) and the 2-disc DVD for the same price. Is the picture quality a big difference on Blu-Ray?

[quote name='xage']Chamon Chamon :D

THISISIT1.jpg

Each Lenticular Card are apparently limited to 5,000 and widely/randomly distributed across Bestbuy[/QUOTE]

RESPECT! You earned it.

Well went to BB today to exchange my reg blu that I got for the BB one and even though I priced matched the reg blu with the TRU ad the guy at CS told my since the BB one was "exclusive" I had to pay the difference. Needless to say I didn't feel like arguing so I just did but it's ok it was like $7 so yeah whatever. It was my fault though because I preordered it to get the SB and when I was at CS telling them I had put the $5 down the CS chick at front was like oh wait I have a copy right here. I didn't even notice that it wasn't the BB one till I was like 45 mins away from the store and pretty much home lol. Sad that I wasn't able to get it for $22.99 though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a big chain, but Ultimate Electronics has the blu for $22.99 in the ad also....

pmd the three BBuy card versions yesterday ...

and picked up the 3D glasses at Target (no purchase necessary...)

anyone see the umd version in a store?

Looks like I need to get it from Amazon...

THISISIT1.jpg

Each Lenticular Card are apparently limited to 5,000 and widely/randomly distributed across Bestbuy[/QUOTE]

Congrats!
I'm confused... is the non LCard BBuy exclusive (bottom row, middle) different than the BBuy LCard versions? If so, how please?

[quote name='donut']Congrats!
I'm confused... is the non LCard BBuy exclusive (bottom row, middle) different than the BBuy LCard versions? If so, how please?[/QUOTE]

It looks like the steelbook case.

[quote name='xage']Each Lenticular Card are apparently limited to 5,000 and widely/randomly distributed across Bestbuy[/QUOTE]

Source?

[quote name='xage']

I doubt that. That would mean each of best buy's ~1000 retail stores would get less than 5 of each version to sell. And that's not counting however many preorders they sold online. I bet the number is at least 100,000 per card.

[quote name='scottman']I doubt that. That would mean each of best buy's ~1000 retail stores would get less than 5 of each version to sell. And that's not counting however many preorders they sold online. I bet the number is at least 100,000 per card.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly there were 1,000 copies of the exclusive blu-ray at one of the NYC Best Buy locations alone for a midnight release event.

I finally succeeded in matching the price to TRU $22.99 without dealing with that tough Manager! :)

Hope the CS isn't fired!

THISISIT1.jpg

[/QUOTE]

WOW I am NOT worthy!!! :(

I went to target to get it and gave them the $3 redbox coupon. IT wouldnt scan, but she manually entered the $3 manuf coupon, although she took it off of the Mass Effect 2 that I bought instead, lol.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Redbox coupon is for rental, geeze![/QUOTE]

Uh no, its a coupon for purchase towards the BD or DVD emailed from Redbox.

"Get $2 off the DVD or $3 off the Blu-ray purchase of Michael Jackson's "This Is It" when you rent this or any of the Sony titles shown below.

Own one of the most anticipated concerts of all time. Rent any of the Sony titles shown below from 1/20/10-2/09/10 and receive a coupon for dollars off the purchase of the DVD or Blu-ray of Michael Jackson's This Is It."

I found the Redbox coupon online after someone picked up This Is It for me at Target on Tuesday. Had to go back to Target today anyway, so I had them adjust and refund me the coupon amount. :)

I price matched this at Best Buy with Meijer's ad for $19.99 plus the $3 off coupon from RedBox. Came to about $18 out the door.

Guys, I found another cheap BD deal.. If you're a Sony/Playstation Credit Card holder you can get it from the Sony Rewards site for just $19.95 shipped

The BD is currently 2,995 points on the site, but if you enter the code thisisit it takes off 1,000 points bringing it to just 19.95!

bread's done
Back