King of the Hill Not Renewed by FOX

H-Town Info

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081031/tv_nm/us_king_1

By Nellie Andreeva Nellie Andreeva – Thu Oct 30, 10:46 pm ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Fox has opted not to renew the animated comedy "King of the Hill" beyond its current 13th season.

A lot has changed since propane salesman Hank Hill and his Texas family and friends first graced the screen in 1997. The show's creators, Greg Daniels and Mike Judge, have moved on to other projects. Daniels developed and is running NBC's "The Office," and Judge has a new animated series, "The Goode Family," launching on ABC in midseason.

Judge had continued to voice Hank Hill, alongside voiceover cast members Kathy Najimy, Pamela Adlon, Brittany Murphy, Tom Petty, Johnny Hardwick and Stephen Root.

One of my favorite shows of all-time.

While it is just now official, it has been known for quite some time that when production of the last batch of episodes was completed that the show was done. The main writers of the show moved on a long time ago.

However, depending on how Fox chooses to the air the remaining episodes, they still have enough completed episodes to finish this current season and possibly air some next season.

I will miss KOTH. While the show has certainly fallen off in recent season, there are many completely classic episodes....like Bobby Goes Nuts........"Let go of my purse! I don't know you!"

I always hated this show, can't believe it's been on this long. I just couldn't stand the stupid redneck shit that happens on the show.

I agree with JJ. This show sucked all types of ass and should have been canned a long time ago.

They owe me for all the types I turned on fox expecting The Simpsons only to find this crap.

[quote name='JolietJake']I always hated this show, can't believe it's been on this long. I just couldn't stand the stupid redneck shit that happens on the show.[/QUOTE]
Mostly agreed, but Boomhauer's talking was always funny.

Goddlydingbobdang manenman lighter fluid.

[quote name='JolietJake']I always hated this show, can't believe it's been on this long. I just couldn't stand the stupid redneck shit that happens on the show.[/quote]

:rofl:

You obviously missed the entire humor of the series.

I actually liked Kahn, because he was the only non-redneck on the show. If i lived next to those people, that's probably how i'd feel.

Damn rednecks...

[quote name='darthbudge']:rofl:

You obviously missed the entire humor of the series.[/quote]
When you know people like that, it isn't funny, it's sad.

I always liked it, never regularly watched it though. Honestly didn't even know they were still making new ones...:p

Loved this show. Loved they made Kahn from Laos and not some sterotypical Chinese or Japanese character. Going to miss it but it had a great run.

What REALLY sucks is that this lasted for 13 seasons while the vastly superior Futurama got only 4

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Sucks that Fox never really seemed to give this series its due.[/quote]

When Futurama and KOTH were both on FOX, it wasn't KOTH that always got pre-empted by football...

And I think 13 seasons = Fox giving it it's due

I couldn't get passed watching the first season and I think I lasted that long cause I was too lazy to change the channel. No love lost here.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Sucks that Fox never really seemed to give this series its due.[/QUOTE]

Umm....they gave it 13 seasons, despite consistantly lower ratings than the other members of the Sunday animation block, it won several awards. How else would they "give the series its due?"

[quote name='BillyBob29']Umm....they gave it 13 seasons, despite consistantly lower ratings than the other members of the Sunday animation block, it won several awards. How else would they "give the series its due?"[/quote]

Fox has shit all over it since Family Guy and American Dad returned. Both of those suck dick in comparison. They never give it any publicity and their renewal has been up in the air for several years now.

Just because they gave it support early on doesn't mean that they have treated it well the past five years.

Wait, Family Guy and American Dad suck, but King of the Hill is great?

Hey Mox, your taste in things isn't so bad after all.

Wow, Fox doesn't renew KOTH but continue to pump out new American Dad episodes? That show has sucked dick from the start. fuck Fox, and fuck Seth Macfarlane.

Ooohhhh nooooo. That sucks.

I mean, it has run 13 seasons, which is incredible, and I don't necessarily resent them choosing to end the series. What sucks, is that they won't be able to write in a proper finale for the show (and I doubt it'll get Futurama'd and end up with a movie later), which I think it really, really deserves, or indeed, really needs after 13 seasons.

I really hope I'm proven wrong, and they're good enough to allow a proper send-off for the show later on. You just don't run a series for 13 seasons and then cut it off with just another episode. If they do, then I will be completely satisfied with it's run.

Oh BTW, fuck MacFarlane, that talentless hack. The only good thing he ever did was voice Krauss in Hellboy II.

[quote name='SithFran']I couldn't get passed watching the first season and I think I lasted that long cause I was too lazy to change the channel. No love lost here.[/QUOTE]

The first couple seasons were awful though. I cant stand them. The later ones actually do get pretty amusing though. While it isnt the end of the world.. I would rather watch that then Cleveland Browns show:|

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Ooohhhh nooooo. That sucks.

I mean, it has run 13 seasons, which is incredible, and I don't necessarily resent them choosing to end the series. What sucks, is that they won't be able to write in a proper finale for the show (and I doubt it'll get Futurama'd and end up with a movie later), which I think it really, really deserves, or indeed, really needs after 13 seasons.

I really hope I'm proven wrong, and they're good enough to allow a proper send-off for the show later on. You just don't run a series for 13 seasons and then cut it off with just another episode. If they do, then I will be completely satisfied with it's run.

Oh BTW, fuck MacFarlane, that talentless hack. The only good thing he ever did was voice Krauss in Hellboy II.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Fox=supporter of idiotic comedy.

Guess this means that the Cleveland show or some crappy sitcom will be taking it's timeslot soon.

As for not getting it's due, even though it got low ratings & winning awards, Fox still renewed it time and again. It's been on the air longer than South Park has.

[quote name='JolietJake']Wait, Family Guy and American Dad suck, but King of the Hill is great?[/QUOTE]
That's how it is. American Dad can be funny once in awhile, but Family Guy is 100% garbage.

I have the first six seasons on DVD and they are great. KotH is right behind Futurama and early Simpsons episodes for me.

They have actually been showing newer eps on daily, and what I have seen wasn't half bad either. It's not like Simpsons, which took a nosedive (season 10-ish?) and stayed crappy.

[quote name='JolietJake']Wait, Family Guy and American Dad suck, but King of the Hill is great?

Hey Mox, your taste in things isn't so bad after all.[/QUOTE]

Uh, yeah.

[quote name='manthing']What REALLY sucks is that this lasted for 13 seasons while the vastly superior Futurama got only 4
[/quote]
This, right here!

As the years passed I found most of the newer King of the Hill's worth watch and many of the Simpsons episodes weren't funny, same goes for family guy.

[quote name='manthing']What REALLY sucks is that this lasted for 13 seasons while the vastly superior Futurama got only 4

When Futurama and KOTH were both on FOX, it wasn't KOTH that always got pre-empted by football...

And I think 13 seasons = Fox giving it it's due[/QUOTE]
Ding.... we have a winner.

The problem with people who are into shows like Family Guy is they assume the entire world watches it too. I had a manager at work that would always do that shit I'm sure a few people are familiar with. "You ever see the episode of South Park where..." and I'd have to interrupt and say for the 500th time "No, I don't watch that show." Despite trying to end it right there, I'd then be subjected to a 20 minute explanation of what happened on this particular episode. My buddy must have told be 20 times by now about the old pervert on Family Guy that likes to get kids high on cough syrup so he can fuck them.

I never really liked this show. I mean, it had funny parts, but mostly was just the story of their lives, and nothing else. Like watching a soap opera only there wasn't 25,000 idiotic twists around every corner.

[quote name='Rig']I have the first six seasons on DVD and they are great. KotH is right behind Futurama and early Simpsons episodes for me.[/quote]
Agreed. It sucks that they kind of stopped having most of the continuity between episodes as it got on in years, so things got a bit repetitive these past few years, but it's still very enjoyable. American Dad's getting up there now with a great episode nearly every week.

Family Guy's sole purpose nowadays seems to be to create memes and think of more stupid shit they can. They stopped including anything resembling a story or good humor, like the show where Peter sings some stupid song over and over again.

[quote name='klwillis45']Good. Maybe Mike Judge can make more Beavis and Butthead now.[/quote]

Fix'd.

American Dad season one was alright, but after that it turned to shit. Simpsons is pretty much dead to me now. Family Guy was good the first three or four seasons, then turned to crap. King of the Hill was the last decent Sunday night show.

[quote name='JolietJake']I actually liked Kahn, because he was the only non-redneck on the show. If i lived next to those people, that's probably how i'd feel.

Damn rednecks...[/QUOTE]

Then you missed one of the best episodes of the series where Kahn shortly became a redneck... and no this show wasnt all about rednecks, the early seasons were hilarious... like Bobby modeling husky clothes to Hank's dismay... or Pegga accidentally kidnapping a little mexican girl on a field trip to Mexico and getting arrested later, or Bobby getting gout from his love of deli foods, or Hank's retarded love of propane and propane accessories... there are alot of really funny episodes... Im sad to see it go even with quality declining over the past few years... the show delivered a different type of laugh compared to the normal cartoons, which made it unique and charming (the first season was weak, but it really picked up after that)... I cant watch through old episodes of Beavis and Butthead the way I can with KOTH... It was rated by TIME magazine in 2007 as one of the best TV shows of all time

BTW... I hear there will be no proper sendoff for the show... I hope all you Seth MacFarlane fanatics enjoy the Cleveland spinoff which Im sure will fill the slot... which will probably lead to more insanely drawn out jokes and gags on Family Guy (I liked this show before it was cancelled the first time... but he has so much shit going on when it returned, the episodes havent been as good)

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't care for it.

How can a show like this last for 13 seasons if it's obvious that so many people didn't care for it? Maybe someone can prove me wrong with some ratings numbers or something, but I don't personally know anyone who really liked the show.

bread's done
Back