Kingdom Hearts 1.5 LE still available!

This isn't like you ordered a copy of Grand Theft Auto V and got a toaster... you got a copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (which you DID order), but it didn't happen to be the version you WANTED. The only thing "illegal" here is you committing fraud / scamming BestBuy, though lets now turn this topic into sitcom / drama educated kids argue about what is and isn't legal.
We have a better chance of trying to teach a dog to drive a car than to explain common sense to this kid.

So is this listing from Walmart really the LE? Because you guys are talking like it's oos or low stock everywhere while I see Walmart having it online.
It's not rare. It's not hard to find. Don't fall for the hype. Just buy it if you actually want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh nah, I was just pointing out people are making it seem as if it's gone already.

This isn't like you ordered a copy of Grand Theft Auto V and got a toaster... you got a copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (which you DID order), but it didn't happen to be the version you WANTED. The only thing "illegal" here is you committing fraud / scamming BestBuy, though lets now turn this topic into sitcom / drama educated kids argue about what is and isn't legal.

@ Krate and Needler

I've been there. I preordered a copy of something (I want to say Cross Edge) and they sold my copy because someone asked for it first. While you most likely did do the nice thing, Needler is right that someone else probably will profit from it in the end. Shame, but most of those people don't seem to care about their jobs.
How is it me committing fraud? I ordered it at the store and opened it at the store. The lady told me that I could not return it since I had opened it and played it and she was just going to send me another copy. She didn't mention me returning the old one which is why I said that I might have gotten a free one unless they call and ask me to return the other one which I thought I would most likely not be obligated to do since it was a mistake on their part. I never called trying to scam them out of a free copy just so happened out that way when I called to complain. If they call and ask I will surely do it. The illegal part was just something I remember reading online a while ago where someone got like 5 copy's of another game sent to his house and he got to keep them do to a mistake. I now realize I probably will have to ship it back if she sends me a return label but if so then so be it.

Had a best buy gift card after some trade ins but they only had the regular edition. Ordered the LE from their site, we'll see what I get.

Had a best buy gift card after some trade ins but they only had the regular edition. Ordered the LE from their site, we'll see what I get.
Mine which was shipped today was 2.2 pounds. So seems like it must be a LE because usually my games are like .8-1 pound never 2 pounds or even close to that.

How the hell do they call it exclusive when every mainstream retailer has it.

If amazon, gamestop, best buy, and walmart have it that's not exclusive to me. 

How is it me committing fraud? I ordered it at the store and opened it at the store. The lady told me that I could not return it since I had opened it and played it and she was just going to send me another copy. She didn't mention me returning the old one which is why I said that I might have gotten a free one unless they call and ask me to return the other one which I thought I would most likely not be obligated to do since it was a mistake on their part. I never called trying to scam them out of a free copy just so happened out that way when I called to complain. If they call and ask I will surely do it. The illegal part was just something I remember reading online a while ago where someone got like 5 copy's of another game sent to his house and he got to keep them do to a mistake. I now realize I probably will have to ship it back if she sends me a return label but if so then so be it.
I kept illegal in quotes because it's not really, but your comments and entitlement bring a lot of things into question...

1) Okay, so you knowningly didn't get what you ordered, but you still opened it because?

2) You keep calling it a mistake on their part, like this is some malicious move against you. It has the same sku number... it's an honest mistake that could have EASILY been corrected with you simply returning the game unopened and picking up a genuine LE off the rack.

I can come up with many more, but I rather not debate about this. The long / short is that the sku number is the same and you shouldn't have opened the game. Even when BB comes to you with understanding and is nice enough to attempt to fix the error, you instantly act like you're entitled to coming out with 2 copies of the game and life is great.

Mine which was shipped today was 2.2 pounds. So seems like it must be a LE because usually my games are like .8-1 pound never 2 pounds or even close to that.

My order from Amazon was .5 lbs and was the Limited Edition.

How the hell do they call it exclusive when every mainstream retailer has it.

If amazon, gamestop, best buy, and walmart have it that's not exclusive to me.

Welcome to legalese, where the point is to say factual things that sound better than they actually are. Similar to how this edition is "limited", though a limited edition can be any size and is only restricted by how many they decide to make it in a run. Like how Duke Nukem Forever had a "limited edition", but the edition size was well over 100,000 copies. So as long as 1 retailer isn't included, then it is in fact exclusive.

I kept illegal in quotes because it's not really, but your comments and entitlement bring a lot of things into question...

1) Okay, so you knowningly didn't get what you ordered, but you still opened it because?

2) You keep calling it a mistake on their part, like this is some malicious move against you. It has the same sku number... it's an honest mistake that could have EASILY been corrected with you simply returning the game unopened and picking up a genuine LE off the rack.

I can come up with many more, but I rather not debate about this. The long / short is that the sku number is the same and you shouldn't have opened the game. Even when BB comes to you with understanding and is nice enough to attempt to fix the error, you instantly act like you're entitled to coming out with 2 copies of the game and life is great.

My order from Amazon was .5 lbs and was the Limited Edition.
I opened it because the guy at the store said if I called they would send me the art book so once I got in my car I took a peek inside and when I got home I found out the LE is a whole different box and everything. And it was not a malicious move on me what? The lady on the phone making it a new order instead of a return was a mistake on their part so I don't see how there is arguing that. And even so I didn't know the artbook was literally attached to the game I thought it was a separate thing they were doing like the steelbooks or something like that as that is what the guy at the store told me. Also as I previously mentioned the store I went to didn't have a single LE since I saw the guy putting them up in the morning and he said they didn't receive any so not really my fault lol.

I'd suggest Target as well. Went to two Gamestops and all LEs were accounted for, Best Buy had only the standard, and Target had 5-6 LEs. Glad I was able to find a mint copy in-store in case my Amazon one comes damaged.

Make sure you check all the displays cases at Target. At mine it was sitting in one of the front-facing endcap displays (the ones usually reserved for newer titles), but there was no copy in that clamshell display case, so it was hard to spot.

Hmm that seems odd. I coulda sworn that the LE was announced in May.... kinda sketchy for them to do it that way if so.

The GS I had it pre ordered at was just handing the LE out randomly even to the non preorders. I expected that much from them tho and tried to get there asap.
You know, the more I think about it the more that makes sense, because I remember holding off on it because I wanted to see if something 'special' would drop for it and I do remember telling the clerk (whom no longer works there) that the artbook that they announced was a tipping point. I bet (plausibility) what happened was that while it may have been announced, either it wasn't in the system att, or they bumped everyone who already preordered to receive the digibook.

Either way, I'm beginning to Believe that the whole system for preordering has gone corrupt, both on the manufactures and distributors end. failures to get product out on time (MGSLC at GS), false or mis-information on game (ACM by thhpppth), and now the mis-handling of KH 1.5 REMIX "limited edition"... sorry for the derailing of an already derailed(ish) topic...

PS, carry on, just ranting like any other CAGer...

strange thing on the gamestop receipt. it says Kingdom hearts 1.5 'NO ARTBOOK'

does anyone else s receipt say that? I know the artbook is basically part of the digicase now but i found it strange the receipt said that. Like they were supposed to have actual artbooks too but didn't

Did you preorder it after they cut off the preorder bonus? Mine said the same and I think it means we  preordered the regular version although if they have extra's like mine you still might have gotten the LE.

I picked mine up from Gamestop and made sure they gave me the Limited Edition. There was no problem and they immediately reached for the LE when they looked at my pre-order receipt and saw I payed for it back in May. I'm considering holding onto it sealed, pick up a regular edition and seeing if the LE climbs in value

I'm pissed. I preorder mine in early may, but my store said they ran out of le copies on day 1. I didn't want to argue, but it was a little ridiculous to me. Anybody who preorder should of been guaranteed a le copy at best buy, amazon, GameStop, where ever. Square enix should of attached different skus.

Sup Opus. How was the supply at your store?

Oh and by the way... The kid ain't worth it. Some kids just don't have it, and will probably never get it.

:/ I notice that if the supervisor on the customer service line or the store manager is male.. they actually tend to be more reasonable and helpful. When its a woman.. she is ready to slash your guts open with a "take it or leave it" response. They get really riled up.

For those that landed the LE, anyone else having trouble pulling the damn disc out of the artbook/case?  I mean wtf, friggin' spindle holds on so tightly that the disc actually starts to fold like a friggin' taco as I try and pull it out.  Steelbooks do the same thing.

For those that landed the LE, anyone else having trouble pulling the damn disc out of the artbook/case? I mean wtf, friggin' spindle holds on so tightly that the disc actually starts to fold like a friggin' taco as I try and pull it out. Steelbooks do the same thing.
Trick that I figured out back in the Gamecube era:

Put the case on a flat, soft surface (such as a bed or a couch) and push down on the case while gently lifting the disc. You make the case/spindle handle the stress while protecting the disc.

I don't even have a PS3 and bought this game. They had several limited editions at Target in Chicago. My partner has a PS3 and I've been hyping this game for the better half of our relationship and he's going to play it today. The artbook I actually love, being an artist an all, it gives us a glimpse into the video game process. Overall, it's a cool package and one that every Kingdom Hearts Fan should own.

I picked mine up from Gamestop and made sure they gave me the Limited Edition. There was no problem and they immediately reached for the LE when they looked at my pre-order receipt and saw I payed for it back in May. I'm considering holding onto it sealed, pick up a regular edition and seeing if the LE climbs in value
... why? Enjoy what you have. Stop thinking about greed.

For those that landed the LE, anyone else having trouble pulling the damn disc out of the artbook/case? I mean wtf, friggin' spindle holds on so tightly that the disc actually starts to fold like a friggin' taco as I try and pull it out. Steelbooks do the same thing.
The LE is already selling for 70 on ebay.

First of all who cares. Enjoy your games.

Secondly, it's pretty convenient you forget to mention that others have sold for under MSRP as well.
First off he cares since he asked and second off I saw a seller with almost 10 sold at 69.99. And maybe your talking about the regular edition cus I haven't seen a LE selling for under msrp.

Yeah don't see a single one selling for under msrp or even close with a search for just the LE so I don't see where you saw LE selling for under msrp.

My PS3 died on me months ago and I forgot I preordered this forever ago. Should I just keep it until I get a new PS3 whenever the hell that will be or should I hold onto it and sell it a few months from now (LE version I have). I'm asking as I'm not sure if the value might go up or at least not fall too bad as I have no problems selling it and getting a standard copy.

My PS3 died on me months ago and I forgot I preordered this forever ago. Should I just keep it until I get a new PS3 whenever the hell that will be or should I hold onto it and sell it a few months from now (LE version I have). I'm asking as I'm not sure if the value might go up or at least not fall too bad as I have no problems selling it and getting a standard copy.

Please guys, stop focusing on 'value' of things, you'll live a much happier life. If you can't play it now, either return it, or save it for yourself when you get another PS3.

I work at a Target, and the only version we got in stock were the LEs. We had about 3-4 of them.
I just called my local target. They still have all four copies, didn't sell one yesterday.

I don't obsess over the values but if it's something that's bound to be more valuable in a few months the patient person I am will wait and sell then. Besides, Amazon still charges you even if you're returning something never opened so I sure as hell am not returning it to them.

I don't obsess over the values but if it's something that's bound to be more valuable in a few months the patient person I am will wait and sell then. Besides, Amazon still charges you even if you're returning something never opened so I sure as hell am not returning it to them.
Well if your PS3 has been dead 'for months' and you have no intention on playing the game, offer it to someone for a fair price, who actually wants it. Why does everything always have to evolve around profit?

Well like I said before.. square enix had me call digital river. They're pretty terrible.. :/ nobody speaks clear English. Confusing. But they say they have the LE but it won't be available until the last day of 2013. So if anyone wants one without paying $80+ on eBay.. order on digital river and I guess you'll have it in early 2014

... why? Enjoy what you have. Stop thinking about greed.
To be honest, I just found out that the case is the art book, and I'm not a fan of that - especially considering the case is about 1.5 times the size of a standard PS3 case. It'll look horrible in my collection. If it was a separate art book, I'd be all over it, but I have a feeling this will be like Uncharted 3 in how it's impossible to find just a standard plastic case with insert (I'm not a fan of the CE steelbook).

Also, I picked up Killzone Mercenary and Puppeteer, so I'm in no huge rush to play KH. That'll give me a good chance to see if the LE is as rare as people claim.

I cancelled my pre-order from months back. I just want to play the game, so I figure I could wait a few months for a drop to $20.

Mine shipped from Amazon Monday night and still isn't here. In fact, it is at the local post office not due for delivery till tomorrow.

I wonder if I could call the post office and just pick it up

To be honest, I just found out that the case is the art book, and I'm not a fan of that - especially considering the case is about 1.5 times the size of a standard PS3 case. It'll look horrible in my collection. If it was a separate art book, I'd be all over it, but I have a feeling this will be like Uncharted 3 in how it's impossible to find just a standard plastic case with insert (I'm not a fan of the CE steelbook).

Also, I picked up Killzone Mercenary and Puppeteer, so I'm in no huge rush to play KH. That'll give me a good chance to see if the LE is as rare as people claim.
I feel the SAME WAY. Have an unopened LE right here just for that reason and am hoping the NewEgg order I have coming is the plain version. Then I can return the LE to Amazon or make a few bucks on eBay.

Please guys, stop focusing on 'value' of things, you'll live a much happier life. If you can't play it now, either return it, or save it for yourself when you get another PS3.
This.

I received my Limited Edition yesterday via Amazon and guess what? I actually broke the seal and played it! And the artbook is cool! Can you believe it?

This.

I received my Limited Edition yesterday via Amazon and guess what? I actually broke the seal and played it! And the artbook is cool! Can you believe it?

Couldve sold it for a nice profit in about a month when its literally sold out and out of print...your loss pal.

I have my sealed LE copies (all six of them) in safe storage, while im playing the crap outta my regular copy. Best of both worlds IMO.

Couldve sold it for a nice profit in about a month when its literally sold out and out of print...your loss pal.

I have my sealed LE copies (all six of them) in safe storage, while im playing the crap outta my regular copy. Best of both worlds IMO.
Pretty sure the person opening their copy is going to get more enjoyment then your nickel and dime profit.

Enjoy making $10 bucks after you hold if for two years.

bread's done
Back