Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days by Square-Enix 9/29

[quote name='SentryOmega']Kingdom Hearts is getting close! Anyone else who can't wait to play? :D Only about a week left...[/QUOTE]

I would be more excited if the name wasn't so stupid, however I do love me some kingdom hearts...

I pre ordered the game from Amazon because they give you $10 credit towards another game with it. But why can I only use the $5 off code if I use my reward dollars, I have $45 and do not want to use them on this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-ordered from Amazon as well. I cant wait to play. I dont care if the levels are just retreads....

I love me some KH.

[quote name='Jayayess1190']I pre ordered the game from Amazon because they give you $10 credit towards another game with it. But why can I only use the $5 off code if I use my reward dollars, I have $45 and do not want to use them on this game.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me with my $20 credit turning into $25.

I pre-ordered when they were offering the slip case, but I hope I still get one. I hope the controls are good, that's the only thing I'm really worried about on the DS.

[quote name='JokerCard']Pre-ordered from Amazon as well. I cant wait to play. I dont care if the levels are just retreads....

I love me some KH.[/QUOTE]
Same here except I've never beat a Kingdom Hearts game. I got pretty far in KH2 but now my saves are sitting on the HDD I took out of my PS3 and I've yet to copy them over. One of these days I'll get around to playing the 1st and beating the 2nd but there's been a lot of great games out lately and I keep pushing it back.

[quote name='willardhaven']Same thing happened to me with my $20 credit turning into $25.

I pre-ordered when they were offering the slip case, but I hope I still get one. I hope the controls are good, that's the only thing I'm really worried about on the DS.[/QUOTE]
Someone in the pre-order sales thread (off the homepage) e-mailed Amazon customer service when the offer was no longer displayed and got a confirmation saying he'd be getting it. So chances are you'll most likely get one.

I'm really excited about a new KH game. Spent a lot of quality time with the first and second games on PS2.

I was not a big fan of KH Chain of Memories for GBA. I wanted to like it, but card battle systems just aren't my thing

So what is the deal with the name 358/2 days on the new KH game?

[quote name='gamegirl79']I'm really excited about a new KH game. Spent a lot of quality time with the first and second games on PS2.

I was not a big fan of KH Chain of Memories for GBA. I wanted to like it, but card battle systems just aren't my thing

So what is the deal with the name 358/2 days on the new KH game?[/QUOTE]
I read a few interviews where the creators said that the name is somewhat of a mystery. I didn't really think it was all that stupid until I found out how it's pronounced (three five eight over two days). They said the game was suppose to include that 358 levels but they figured it would be too much, so they cut down and down until they got where they are now (can't remember off the top of my head).

[quote name='gamegirl79']So what is the deal with the name 358/2 days on the new KH game?[/QUOTE]

It's the length of time Roxas existed, basically.

[quote name='Jayayess1190']I pre ordered the game from Amazon because they give you $10 credit towards another game with it. But why can I only use the $5 off code if I use my reward dollars, I have $45 and do not want to use them on this game.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea you got a $10 credit for purchasing this game, and what's this $5 coupon you talk about? Combine that credit, the coupon, goldbox, and eca, and we are talking a super cheap game. Time to manipulate my Goldbox to hopefully get it to show. :bouncy:

[quote name='Ryukahn']I had no idea you got a $10 credit for purchasing this game, and what's this $5 coupon you talk about? Combine that credit, the coupon, goldbox, and eca, and we are talking a super cheap game. Time to manipulate my Goldbox to hopefully get it to show. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
See thread.

I haven't played any Kingdom Hearts games past like an hour or so of the first one, and I'm still interested in this (though it's mainly because I can get this for ~$17), so I'm sure you'll enjoy it just fine. From what I understand, this is supposed to bridge the gap between KH1 and KH2, so not playing 2 shouldn't have much effect on your enjoyment.

Thanks Jay for the link as well. :)

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']Do you guys thing I would still enjoy this if I didnt finish KH2. :p I only made it up to the part where you get to play as Sora again.[/QUOTE]

dont worry you didnt miss anything by not finishing kh2 the game was horrible. if you really want to know what happened in it do a wiki search or check youtube im sure someone did a video on it.

Hopefully all these extra promotional discounts last until tomorrow night, as if my recommendations are any indication, I'll have this in gold box tomorrow (it's the highest one on the list atm). Not sure waiting for that extra $1.70 is worth it or not, but oh well. If the discounts go I just won't get it, lol.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Well it's in my Gold Box now, but it won't let me use the coupon with some promotional credit I already have.[/QUOTE]
This happens when you get a little greedy. I was thinking of doing this but I felt that it wouldn't go into my gold box in time. I ordered it with the usual coupons.

[quote name='hero101']This happens when you get a little greedy. I was thinking of doing this but I felt that it wouldn't go into my gold box in time. I ordered it with the usual coupons.[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with being greedy at all. The promotional credit was there yesterday, but I didn't try ordering Kingdom Hearts since I was waiting for it to show up in my Goldbox.

I can't seem to get the promotional credit applied to any pre-orders and there isn't anything else I want, so I'm kind of stuck right now unless I find something to order.

[quote name='Ryukahn']It has nothing to do with being greedy at all. The promotional credit was there yesterday, but I didn't try ordering Kingdom Hearts since I was waiting for it to show up in my Goldbox.

I can't seem to get the promotional credit applied to any pre-orders and there isn't anything else I want, so I'm kind of stuck right now unless I find something to order.[/QUOTE]
Did you try deleting your cookies and entering the coupon codes again?

[quote name='hero101']Did you try deleting your cookies and entering the coupon codes again?[/QUOTE]

Sure did, no go. The promotional credit was placed onto the account automatically by CS, and there is no way to get it off unless I order something before I order Kingdom Hearts. I may just pick up FF4 with ECA and the promotional credit, though I hadn't planned on purchasing anything else until I sold some stuff off my list.

[quote name='62t']Order something and cancel it later[/QUOTE]

That was the first thing I thought of, but it says I lose the promotional credit if I order something and then cancel or return it.

So the game hits stores tomorrow and I can't wait! I got free release date delivery with my Amazon Prime trial so it's already shipped. I'll try and post some impressions tomorrow if I can.

My Amazon order shipped today, I need to hurry up and finish Scribblenauts and Professor Layton.

Am I the only one who thinks the best way to pronounce the title of this game is Kingdom Hearts 179 Days?

I've never played any KH game before is there any site with a thorough breakdown of the series and/or a compilation of cutscenes to give me an idea of the story.

I just read IGN review and they seem to think that this game is for fans of the series only.

So... I need to become a fan before it arrives on my door step tomorrow.

I don't really care for this series. The original characters annoy me, the FF characters are there solely for fan draw and I'm not sure why we needed a Disney RPG in the first place. Though the fact that Square actually makes a new game is a miracle since 85% of their games now are just upgraded, overpriced ports of old titles.

Then there's the matter of Darkwing Duck being excluded. One of the few characters in Disney's lineup that should be in an adventure game. But with the Disney family back in charge, everything that came about during the Eisner years is being forgotten. The Eisner era, when lots of good stuff came about. But I'm sure the Disneys can make a bunch of needless sequels to the old era films instead.

It amazes me that people demonize Eisner so much. He did nothing wrong. Don't forget that Walt himself was an open Nazi sympathizer. But I guess that's a legacy for you- hell, Gene Roddenberry was a greedy crook who was only out to make money with Star rek, yet everyone insists he was a humanitarian with good visions of the future. It was Berman who really did things with the franchise, but he's the one who gets all the venomous hate.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Am I the only one who thinks the best way to pronounce the title of this game is Kingdom Hearts 179 Days?[/QUOTE]

An article I read in my Nintendo Power had an interview with the developer or someone, and it said that the way to pronounce the game is "358 Over 2 days."

[quote name='Caddywompus21']I've never played any KH game before is there any site with a thorough breakdown of the series and/or a compilation of cutscenes to give me an idea of the story.

I just read IGN review and they seem to think that this game is for fans of the series only.

So... I need to become a fan before it arrives on my door step tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/keys-to-the-kingdom-hearts/a-2009092210413205031

Try that.

Received my copy this morning from ups at about 10am. First impressions I like the game but I was a huge fan of KH 1+2 and didn't mind chain of memories on Ps2. The gameplay is very similar to that of KH1+2 which is a plus in my book. I will say that I noticed that graphically some of the game isn't highly polished looking as it probably could have been. However despite that so far Im enjoying this game alot and considering I spent 22 bucks for the game and also got a $10 credit towards a future purchase its money well spent in my book. As a side note the bonus slipcover from Amazon is really nice looking and made of a good thick plastic, if I can find my cameras usb cable I'll post a photo.

Any pics of Amazon's case and BestBuy's? Would love to see the differences. My copy just shipped form Amazon.

Not sure if its a slipcase or not but their flyer mentioned limited edition packaging. For all I know, maybe they are the same and that it's a shared exclusive.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Sweet. Got 2nd in line to get this game from Goozex. I'll be playing this soon.[/QUOTE]

i probally be putting me up but where it stands now 700 pts is a little tooo low... maybe 750 or 800

should be 750 come monday and maybe 800 in a few week

though i got a copy of

Mario inside story
scribblenuts also going up and not sure if i need 2300 pts at one time (depends what happens tomorrow )

I believe BB and Amazon has the same slipcase, and yes, it's a pretty cool case.

I'm looking for a recommendation. Should I play through the KH series through the order of release (KH 1, KH 2, and KH:CoM) first?

Technically since it was on GBA first, KH:CoM should go between 1 & 2. If you plan on playing these games at all then yes, you should play them before this.

bread's done
Back