Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance Mark of Mastery Edition $54.99 @ TRU

Thanks! I wanted one of these but thought about it to long and amazon ran out. Here's to hoping it actually ships :D then I'll finally be rid of this pesky TRU gift card I've had since last yr.

is going to be like mass effect ce - where they are oos everywhere before its released and then the market is flooded with them?

preorders are going for insane amounts on eBay.

Is this some crazy new trend where even preorders are starting to sell out? It happened with Diablo III and now this?

Anyhow, good find, OP. :D

-_- I was at the big "launch party" event at Nintendo World yesterday. Stood on line for 5 hours and when I finally got to the door they announced they were sold out of the game. Apparently you needed to camp out at 5pm the previous day. Didn't realize this game would attract so many thousands. :D TRU has redeemed itself in my eyes.

[quote name='keine']Is this some crazy new trend where even preorders are starting to sell out? It happened with Diablo III and now this?[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is entirely a bad thing, if a company really wants to advertise something as "limited" or "collectable" then they should be a little harder to find, some "limited" editions are made in such large numbers that they're worth nothing to the people that bought them right away and could be found for months, if not years, after a game's launch.

[quote name='Zazoo']Thanks! I wanted one of these but thought about it to long and amazon ran out. Here's to hoping it actually ships :D then I'll finally be rid of this pesky TRU gift card I've had since last yr.[/QUOTE]

I thought about it long and hard too, but thoughht it might be one of those ce's that might get dirt cheap later. I don't think so anymore, but I'm not going to get it. I'm going the target route and picking the se up with $10 gift card. Couldn't justify the "$25" extra for the mastery edition.

Wow, I didn't know these were so rare... I figured this would be an overproduced CE. Glad I have a CE from Newegg. Hopefully it arrives in decent shape.

I went ahead and grabbed one, I have been sitting on a $25 TRU GC for awhile so I figured I might as well put it to good use.

[quote name='IzzyF3']I thought about it long and hard too, but thoughht it might be one of those ce's that might get dirt cheap later. I don't think so anymore, but I'm not going to get it. I'm going the target route and picking the se up with $10 gift card. Couldn't justify the "$25" extra for the mastery edition.[/QUOTE]

Yea I kinda did too. I was tempted by best buys "bundle" of the game and a 3ds
For $179 since I dont have a 3ds yet. But I'm going to be patient and wait for the 3ds Xl in August
I've had a $70 TRU gift card sitting around for a year and this a perfect way to spend it. To bad we are not getting the limited edition 3ds as its awesome!!!

[quote name='Nionel']I don't think this is entirely a bad thing, if a company really wants to advertise something as "limited" or "collectable" then they should be a little harder to find, some "limited" editions are made in such large numbers that they're worth nothing to the people that bought them right away and could be found for months, if not years, after a game's launch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a good point. And I suppose that if you're a true collector, you would have pre-ordered something like this long ago. :cool:

Thanks, OP! I didn't give all the hardcore KH fans enough credit so I didn't preorder nor expect the collector's edition to become so scarce.

Thanks op! My girlfriend really wanted this and we were bummed when I went to order it and it was OOS everywhere. Didn't realize it'd be so hard to find. I imagine they'll have some of them up for sale again when the game is released, but I'm glad we don't have to worry about it now.

Side note, does anyone know what TRU's standard shipping speed is like? Just trying to gauge how late it will be past the release date.

[quote name='morphineseason']Thanks op! My girlfriend really wanted this and we were bummed when I went to order it and it was OOS everywhere. Didn't realize it'd be so hard to find. I imagine they'll have some of them up for sale again when the game is released, but I'm glad we don't have to worry about it now.

Side note, does anyone know what TRU's standard shipping speed is like? Just trying to gauge how late it will be past the release date.[/QUOTE]

Been while since I ordered anything from them but unless it's been improved it's sloooooooow. Like a week or longer slow out here to California at least.

I don't even have a 3DS, but if this CE is actually rare, I might just need to pick one up for when I do pick up a 3DS. x.x Damnit. I, as well, thought it was going to be overproduced.

Seriously doubt this thing will end up rare....its just a Case and some Art Cards. The AR Cards are literally already all on the internet to scan

Get a feeling its just a super advanced case of Mass Effect 3

[quote name='lawdood']Been while since I ordered anything from them but unless it's been improved it's sloooooooow. Like a week or longer slow out here to California at least.[/QUOTE]

HAHA. This thread burnt you too huh? I buy about 85% of all collector editions. The ones I dont, always sell out and go through the roof. Another box to add to the pile of other unopened boxes.. sweet!

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']HAHA. This thread burnt you too huh? I buy about 85% of all collector editions. The ones I dont, always sell out and go through the roof. Another box to add to the pile of other unopened boxes.. sweet![/QUOTE]

Yeah, but this doesn't have the same level of hype that ME3 had and might fly under the radar a bit. Plus, this game's ending probably won't bomb like ME3's originally did (and KH fans are used to mediocrity and nonsensical storylines by this point-- so they'll go on to pretend that the game is the best 3DS game ever).

the age old question: do they charge now or when it ships? im tempted to buy considering pre-orders get you around TRU's awful shipping charges

You'll most likely get a pending charge now (I did) but I doubt the charge will fall off before they ship on Tuesday or Wednesday

[quote name='Drclaw411']the age old question: do they charge now or when it ships? im tempted to buy considering pre-orders get you around TRU's awful shipping charges[/QUOTE]

Calculating Your Delivery Date: Pre-Order Items
Pre-Order items are available for purchase on the Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us website in advance of the manufacturer's general public release date. Pre-Order items are shipped directly to you once the stated release date arrives and you will be notified of your order status via email. You will not be charged for any item until it is shipped to you. Expected shipment time for each item will be shown in your cart. Please note, expected shipment times appearing in your cart specify when an item is expected to leave our warehouse, not when it will arrive at its final shipping destination. Release dates may vary based on the manufacturer.
http://www.toysrus.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=ship&index=2&subdisplay=shipping#ordering

thanks, Sway

I wish I knew if this was intended to be limited. If it's getting a re-print, I don't want to pay and extra $25 just for AR cards, which are all I want out of this.

[quote name='Drclaw411']the age old question: do they charge now or when it ships? im tempted to buy considering pre-orders get you around TRU's awful shipping charges[/QUOTE]

Paypal is charged immediately. Credit/debit has a hold for the full amount placed on your account when you submit the order. Since it ships in a couple days, and the hold won't drop off before the charge would actually be applied, it's the same thing as being charged immediately.

[quote name='tommythethumb']Paypal is charged immediately. Credit/debit has a hold for the full amount placed on your account when you submit the order. Since it ships in a couple days, and the hold won't drop off before the charge would actually be applied, it's the same thing as being charged immediately.[/QUOTE]So that pre-order authorization is directly converted into a card payment? There won't be another deduction for the same amount when it ships?

Damn...CE's are always a shoot or miss. I pre-ordered this on amazon awhile, cuz I love CE's and play them, but damn, I honestly was expecting the Mastery Edition to be overproduced, so I could get a 2nd copy for cheap, but oh well, if it's limited, grabbed I got one, I guess.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']-_- I was at the big "launch party" event at Nintendo World yesterday. Stood on line for 5 hours and when I finally got to the door they announced they were sold out of the game. Apparently you needed to camp out at 5pm the previous day. Didn't realize this game would attract so many thousands. :D TRU has redeemed itself in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

Dude, same here. I was piss as I was less than 50 people away from the wristband for the regular edition.

I've preordered mine at newegg with the $10 coupon but that pouchhhhh!:cry:

[quote name='Drclaw411']thanks, Sway

I wish I knew if this was intended to be limited. If it's getting a re-print, I don't want to pay and extra $25 just for AR cards, which are all I want out of this.[/QUOTE]

You could do what I did, preorder from best buy online and that way if it does get reprinted you can return/price adjust instore on the event of a pricedrop/reprint.

I think I'll just check out the Gamestops/Best Buy/TRU around me locally on tuesday to see if any of these actually hit retail without a preorder. If I don't get one no big loss. The case is cool, but I plan on getting an XL in a month or two, so it would be kind of pointless.

[quote name='cakefoo']So that pre-order authorization is directly converted into a card payment? There won't be another deduction for the same amount when it ships?[/QUOTE]

I can't say for sure how they do it, but from my personal experience i've never seen a pre-authorization that's for the entire amount and a charge for that same amount be active at the same time. The only time i've ever seen this is when a company places a hold of a dollar before charging. In that case I have seen both charges appear until the dollar drops off.

If I had to guess I would say the authorization will either convert to the charge or the actual charge will not appear until after the authorization drops. I look at it as similar to when you order a pizza with a card. You see one amount charged, but if you add a tip upon delivery, the new charge with tip doesn't appear until after the original charge drops from pending. Never both at the same time.

[quote name='tommythethumb']I can't say for sure how they do it, but from my personal experience i've never seen a pre-authorization that's for the entire amount and a charge for that same amount be active at the same time. The only time i've ever seen this is when a company places a hold of a dollar before charging. In that case I have seen both charges appear until the dollar drops off.

If I had to guess I would say the authorization will either convert to the charge or the actual charge will not appear until after the authorization drops. I look at it as similar to when you order a pizza with a card. You see one amount charged, but if you add a tip upon delivery, the new charge with tip doesn't appear until after the original charge drops from pending. Never both at the same time.[/QUOTE]Cool, fingers crossed.

[quote name='DemiFiendRSA']Never thought a couple of AR cards and a protector case would make a hot collector's edition before launch.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure its just the fact its Kingdom Hearts. In about 2 days, you'll see how crazy the fans for those games are.

It let me add 100 to my cart. either this is not at all limited or TRU is likely over-selling. I think i'm gonna take my chances on Tuesday and see if I can't find a copy in-store somewhere.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Pretty sure its just the fact its Kingdom Hearts. In about 2 days, you'll see how crazy the fans for those games are.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the NYC Launch Event had over thousands of people lined up. The line made a U.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']Yeah, the NYC Launch Event had over thousands of people lined up. The line made a U.[/QUOTE]

Jeez, I'v been to the store a few times and it isnt even that big. If i still lived in Northern VA, i might have went just for all those streepasses and to get the game early.

Either way, i'll just be grabbing my copy at Wal-Mart sometime Tuesday (Or maybe at Midnight if i have nothing else to do)

I'd imagine Gamestop will put up left over stock they have on Gamestop.com. They did that for like a week with the Metal Gear HD Collection LE.

I just checked gamestop, not sure if its an error or they already have the games stocked but waiting for release, but it seems you can check for store availability for the mark of mastery edition...

[quote name='Gosha']I'd imagine Gamestop will put up left over stock they have on Gamestop.com. They did that for like a week with the Metal Gear HD Collection LE.[/QUOTE]
Only the Xbox 360 versions, those looking for the PS3 version were out of luck, I believe.

And...not to be a downer for everyone here, we'll see if they actually ship. I ordered one too for whenever I get a 3DS, but Toysrus also has a history of accepting orders and then cancelling them. I tried ordering a Witcher 2 Dark Edition from there when they sold out everywhere else, and in the end my order was cancelled too. The fact that I can order 999 of them should attest to that.

Glad I saw this. I hope everything works out fine... if not, oh well I guess. Should have ordered it months ago- but it doesn't help that I've been seriously considering selling my 3DS.

I have a question about the AR Cards...

I noticed that the CE (mark of mastery edition) comes with 5 AR Cards. Are those exclusive to this CE?

Also I saw that the standard edition on Amazon came with three AR cards as a preorder bonus. Any idea if those will be included with the CE as well?

[quote name='GBAstar']I have a question about the AR Cards...

I noticed that the CE (mark of mastery edition) comes with 5 AR Cards. Are those exclusive to this CE?

Also I saw that the standard edition on Amazon came with three AR cards as a preorder bonus. Any idea if those will be included with the CE as well?[/QUOTE]

2 are exclusive to the CE. 3 are the same as the first prints.

I believe it's illegal in the U.S. to charge before actually shipping.

Regarding the ebay pricing...

I hardly consider $90 - $110 insane prices for this.

It will cost you $54.99 + possible taxes. Than, you have ebay listings, PayPal fees, cost of actually shipping (packaging), possible gas prices for picking up, shipping out, time taken to list item... In the end, it is not worth selling for the *insane* ebay prices you mention.

Insane would be $200+. Insane is not $100. Personally anyway. SNES ans N64 games were with in spitting distance of this back in the day. I'll be keeping my copy for now.

That's not correct. Lots of retailers charge before they ship, especially on stuff like limited edition toy and collectible preorders.

[quote name='b3b0p']I believe it's illegal in the U.S. to charge before actually shipping.

Regarding the ebay pricing...

I hardly consider $90 - $110 insane prices for this.

It will cost you $54.99 + possible taxes. Than, you have ebay listings, PayPal fees, cost of actually shipping (packaging), possible gas prices for picking up, shipping out, time taken to list item... In the end, it is not worth selling for the *insane* ebay prices you mention.

Insane would be $200+. Insane is not $100. Personally anyway. SNES ans N64 games were with in spitting distance of this back in the day. I'll be keeping my copy for now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bojay1997']That's not correct. Lots of retailers charge before they ship, especially on stuff like limited edition toy and collectible preorders.[/QUOTE]

Charge? Are you sure, never ever had this experience once that I can even recall in my life. There is a law I'm pretty sure in place for it also.

A hold yes, that is a given. But an actual charge? I've never seen it happen.

[quote name='b3b0p']Charge? Are you sure, never ever had this experience once that I can even recall in my life. There is a law I'm pretty sure in place for it also.

A hold yes, that is a given. But an actual charge? I've never seen it happen.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, it happens all the time. Studio 38 charged for the Amalur limited editions months before they released. Similarly, I have had other limited edition toy and collectible companies charge in full upon order. That doesn't mean you can't get a refund, but they charge in fill and there is absolutely no such law.

Kinda curious as to why GS is showing in stock if you search for it in stores. I doubt they would be selling it early, though. I'm fully expecting my TRU preorder to get canceled.

bread's done
Back