Kingdom Hearts DS, Mario and Luigi: BiS, Zelda Spirit Tracks $25 on Amazon

I can't believe they dropped Zelda to 25 already... It won't stay at this price I'm betting....

glad I already got it at that price with GB/ECA/Pre order price.... I'd be pist.

Thanks OP. I just finished the main story of Mario and Luigi BIS yesterday and figured I'd place an order for Zelda: ST sometime this week. This worked out perfect.

jumped on zelda, thanks for the tip

NOTE: not that I'm complaining, but for some reason during checkout, I received an instant $10 off as a promotion. I didn't check anything different and made sure I was using the free super saver shipping. Anyone know what that promotion could've been, or how I can check it? I like the $15 Zelda, but I'm curious and a little worried about it.

this is my order summary-
Subtotal of Items: $25.00
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
Reward Applied: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
------
Total for this Order: $15.00

It's weirding me out

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='redlupine']jumped on zelda, thanks for the tip

NOTE: not that I'm complaining, but for some reason during checkout, I received an instant $10 off as a promotion. I didn't check anything different and made sure I was using the free super saver shipping. Anyone know what that promotion could've been? I like the $15 Zelda, but I'm curious about it.[/QUOTE]

No idea

just ordered BiS as well wow i dont even know how i still have the money for these deals with so much coming out and being on sale lately

Why couldn't Amazon have LoZ:ST up yesterday if they were going to do it eventually? Eh, whatever. I'll give Target some of my money for a change.

[quote name='redlupine']jumped on zelda, thanks for the tip

NOTE: not that I'm complaining, but for some reason during checkout, I received an instant $10 off as a promotion. I didn't check anything different and made sure I was using the free super saver shipping. Anyone know what that promotion could've been, or how I can check it? I like the $15 Zelda, but I'm curious and a little worried about it.

this is my order summary-
Subtotal of Items: $25.00
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
Reward Applied: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
------
Total for this Order: $15.00

It's weirding me out[/QUOTE]Did you ever purchase any of the games from Amazon that had promotional credit offers, such as KH 358/2 Days? Any of those promotional credits will be hiding in your account until you make a purchase of a video game, and then it gets added into your order as a credit.

[quote name='shrike4242']Did you ever purchase any of the games from Amazon that had promotional credit offers, such as KH 358/2 Days? Any of those promotional credits will be hiding in your account until you make a purchase of a video game, and then it gets added into your order as a credit.[/QUOTE]
oh, maybe this is from the PS3 bundle I bought during black friday, I think there was a promotional offer with that

[quote name='redlupine']oh, maybe this is from the PS3 bundle I bought during black friday, I think there was a promotional offer with that[/QUOTE]I think I remember there being a $10 video game promotional bonus with that bundle, so that might be it.

Those codes are normally only for certain types of items, so unless you buy one of them, it won't appear on an order.

[quote name='phogoodness']Damn I bought all three of these at launch and haven't even opened them yet.[/QUOTE]

Why would you do that?

[quote name='Casteor']Why would you do that?[/QUOTE]

Wanted to play these games, didn't figure they would drop that quick, but got a huge, huge backlog.

[quote name='phogoodness']Wanted to play these games, didn't figure they would drop that quick, but got a huge, huge backlog.[/QUOTE]

i have an insane backlog and i keep buying idk anymore i think its becoming a sickness

[quote name='phogoodness']Wanted to play these games, didn't figure they would drop that quick, but got a huge, huge backlog.[/QUOTE]

you should only buy new if you are committed to dropping everything else and playing only that game, that's my rule for buying new games.

i wish i could follow that rule but i also have this weird thing that if i dont buy the game within the first few weeks of release ill never get it because something new will be coming out. i know if you guys got to know me i would instantly be known as the most insane CAG

DOH! I would've much rather given my money to Amazon and avoided the crazy crowd at Target yesterday. But I guess can't complain too much about getting Zelda and Mario & Luigi for great prices.

Rats, denied on the pre-order price guarantee request from Amazon. I did pay $25 ultimately, but was hoping they'd still recognize the price drop from the $33.99 it was at originally. I may try one more time.

Personally I Priced matched Zelda: Spirit Tracks at BestBuy. I got it for $25 plus they are giving 150 gamerzone points when you purchase it which will mean they will give me $10 certificate. Just An idea for all you out there.

[quote name='blandstalker']Zelda was in my gold box, so it was $23.75 shipped. I loved Phantom Hourglass, so this was too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]

Same here; plus I nabbed BIS, too!

[quote name='LoveLost']Personally I Priced matched Zelda: Spirit Tracks at BestBuy. I got it for $25 plus they are giving 150 gamerzone points when you purchase it which will mean they will give me $10 certificate. Just An idea for all you out there.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I did myself :D :applause:

Amazon doesn't have anything where like, if you bought it within like a day or two, and then they drop the price, they'll give you something back?

[quote name='blandstalker']Zelda was in my gold box, so it was $23.75 shipped. I loved Phantom Hourglass, so this was too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]

Lucky! It was in MY Gold Box YESTERDAY. *sigh*
Oh well, $25 shipped is still a fantastic price! :D

[quote name='theOtherGuy']Amazon doesn't have anything where like, if you bought it within like a day or two, and then they drop the price, they'll give you something back?[/QUOTE]Only if it isn't in the shipping stage or shipped.

Sometimes you can get them to adjust the price if you haven't received it yet, though they're usually reluctant to do so.

Buying anything at amazon is a deal thanks to Chicago's insane 10.25 percent sales tax. I bought zelda at target yesterday and was going to suck it up but that's 3 bucks right there. Swinging by target on the way to pick up the gf from the airport. I used to think California was bad...

[quote name='theOtherGuy']Amazon doesn't have anything where like, if you bought it within like a day or two, and then they drop the price, they'll give you something back?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shrike4242']Only if it isn't in the shipping stage or shipped.

Sometimes you can get them to adjust the price if you haven't received it yet, though they're usually reluctant to do so.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried twice and was denied twice. I have had success in the past, but I guess they are stuck with canned responses due to the holiday volume. While I'm not really upset, I do think this kind of thing proves that there's no good reason to pre-order anything that doesn't have some pre-order bonus already attached to it.

[quote name='Casteor']I have a backlog of about 6 PS3 games and 1 DS game.
I consider this huge already.[/QUOTE]

My backlog dates back to the NES and shit went off the rails right around the Sega Genesis when I got my first taste of a disposable income. It didn't help that I worked in a game store for about a decade. I don't know how many dozens of games I've picked up on the cheap to "play during the summer when there are no new releases."

I've been waiting for this since I saw the price drop at Target...I knew Amazon would come thru for me! Even better if it would have been in goldbox...but done, i'll take spirit tracks for $25. :) ....I would have bought at launch if toysrus had there buy the game get the guide for free deal...but ah well.

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']Buying anything at amazon is a deal thanks to Chicago's insane 10.25 percent sales tax. I bought zelda at target yesterday and was going to suck it up but that's 3 bucks right there. Swinging by target on the way to pick up the gf from the airport. I used to think California was bad...[/QUOTE]

California, and in particular LA, IS still bad. I returned the copy I bought this morning, which was $27.53 I believe, after amazon finally PMed it. 10.00% sales tax now (even higher in a couple of smaller, extra corrupt mini-cities within LA County). fucking ridiculous.

I'm sure the inevitable online tax is coming to Cali/LA, so amazon will be less enticing when it does. But it was worth it to get that $2.5x back since I was picking up some other Blu Rays with the $5 off coupons.

So which of these games do you think will eventually go lower and which will stick? I'm sick of buying games I know I won't get aroudn to playing for ages and then seeing it for lower while mine is still shrinkwrapped.

Pisses me off that I wasted my $20 credit on Zelda when it was $35. I could have got this game for $5! ARRGGGGHHH!

Count me among those who pre-ordered and lost out. Can't be too mad since I've been playing it for the past few days (pretty great so far), but it's a little annoying to miss out on $10 off by a week. When did shopping online become like playing the stock market? I guess that's the double-edged sword of the new, more aggressive Amazon. Awesome when you hit a deal. Sucks when you miss by a few days. Still a huge Amazon fan, though.

[quote name='karkyco']California, and in particular LA, IS still bad. I returned the copy I bought this morning, which was $27.53 I believe, after amazon finally PMed it. 10.00% sales tax now (even higher in a couple of smaller, extra corrupt mini-cities within LA County). fucking ridiculous.

I'm sure the inevitable online tax is coming to Cali/LA, so amazon will be less enticing when it does. But it was worth it to get that $2.5x back since I was picking up some other Blu Rays with the $5 off coupons.[/QUOTE]

Damn, heading to LA for the holidays and will get no relief from double digit taxs...

Anyway, I just learned about the $5 dollar off coupon. Think I'm pick up inglorious and hangover when I return it making it a more viable trip. Here's hoping the corrupt folks in the City of Chicago can't get their act together to charge sales tax online.

Do people not know that Amazon will refund your shipping costs if you ship a return back to them at your cost? If you ship it media mail w/DC, it'll be $2-3, and Amazon should refund all of that back to you, so you're not out anything. If you use their return label, it'll be $3 or $4 that gets deducted from the return, which doesn't make it worthwhile any longer.

bread's done
Back