Kingdom Hearts II - 29.99 - Fry's ad interpretation/pricematch opportunity maybe

I was sooo excited I just said "thanks" and hung up before I realized that I forgot to ask when they would have them out.

But I don't think they're out right now, as I remember them saying that they wouldn't have 'em out till later.

OK, guys. I need a copy. I really, really, REALLY need a copy.

If one of you can pick me up a copy and be kind enough to pity me and ship for not much than cost, I'll be forever in your debt. I'll pay ~$36 shipped, gladly, and I can be flexible, if necessary. Just please, for the love of god, get me a copy!!

Must...have...KH2...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']OK, guys. I need a copy. I really, really, REALLY need a copy.

I'm hoping one of you lucky people who have Fry's can ship me one for not much more than cost. I'll pay ~$36 shipped, gladly, and I can be flexible, if necessary. Just please, for the love of god, get me a copy!!

Must...have...KH2...[/QUOTE]

You're really only saving $3 that way...

Just buy it at Circuit City now, it'll be $40 there on Sunday, and you'll end up with the game for $39 after the 110% PM when Sunday rolls around.

Contemplated driving out to Fry's tonight. But its rainy in LA today, so the traffic to Manhattan Beach will be insane. Not worth $7 in gas to save $10. I'll just PM the CompUSA price when I do my usual Best Buy run tomorrow.

[quote name='Roufuss']You're really only saving $3 that way...

Just buy it at Circuit City now, it'll be $40 there on Sunday, and you'll end up with the game for $39 after the 110% PM when Sunday rolls around.[/QUOTE]
Taxes. I'd be paying about $43 after taxes. So, it's closer toa $7 difference. And that's 3 $2 BB games. :)

[quote name='kelleywong10154']I have all 6 fry's in the bay area to go to all within 10 min driving range. ppl who live in san jose area are pretty lucky that there's lots of fry's to go to compared to other areas haha[/quote]

You must drive very very fast.

[quote name='Final Starman']Can you get a price adjustment from BB to CC's lower price on sunday even if you bought the game tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Yea, you have 30 days.

[quote name='TM2 Rampage']That's weird. I called the Fry's in Fountain Valley, CA and the dude said 49.99

Darn it?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I just checked the ad for the Orange County area and Kingdom Hearts isn't even featured?!?

[quote name='OGHowie']Hmmm, I just checked the ad for the Orange County area and Kingdom Hearts isn't even featured?!?[/QUOTE]
it is $39.99 for SoCal.

The dude @ Anaheim fry's said 49.99.

I decided to suck it up and shop in hell (wal-mart). They price matched compusa so 39.99 is fine. Only local store that has it the day of release.

[quote name='vietgurl']Who wants to give Vietgurl a ride to Concord? :lol:[/QUOTE]
the price for fry's should be universal for an area (like the bay area)

went in to san jose frys today and the guy said it is $29.99 in the system but they will not receive it until tomorrow, when the price will go back up to $39.99... so basically frys had a one-day sale on this game when no one has received it yet... and to top it off, he couldnt offer a rain check since it "hasnt come in yet"... gotta love those frys invisible item one-day sales...

[quote name='ryanlk']went in to san jose frys today and the guy said it is $29.99 in the system but they will not receive it until tomorrow, when the price will go back up to $39.99... so basically frys had a one-day sale on this game when no one has received it yet... and to top it off, he couldnt offer a rain check since it "hasnt come in yet"... gotta love those frys invisible item one-day sales...[/QUOTE]
so whats the point of listing it $29.99 in the first place?

[quote name='62t']the price for fry's should be universal for an area (like the bay area)[/QUOTE]

Then who wants to give me a ride to any Fry's in the bay area? :lol:

[quote name='vietgurl']Then who wants to give me a ride to any Fry's in the bay area? :lol:[/QUOTE]
if fry's has it for $39.99 then you can just pm it with compusa ads at a closer store. Thats probably what i am going to do unless Fry's is selling it for $29.99.

Just viewed today's ad and it says $39.99
Wait..so it was $29.99? Did anyone get it for $29.99? You can't preorder at Fry's right? lol.

It was never 29.99 in the first place they just made it look like it might be 29.99 :roll: and then show us the new price of 39.99 oh well that still better then 49.99 ;)

[quote name='evachrono']It was never 29.99 in the first place they just made it look like it might be 29.99 :roll: and then show us the new price of 39.99 oh well that still better then 49.99 ;)[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's what I thought. Tricky bastards.

... and this thread shows why those of you without Fry's in your area shouldn't be feeling too left out, most of the time. They'll screw you any chance they get.

I hate to play devil's advocate here, but it seems to me they never intended on having it for 29.99. In the San Jose paper, the pricing is located directly under all the games which they refer to, and there's only an "Available by 4pm" on whatever date stamp under KH2, not a price. It sounds like they're covered themselves regardless, they just gave the 29.99 Tuesday only excuse just in case someone came in ready to start a riot if they didn't get it for 29.99.

I just bought it at the Concord Fry's, where it rang up for $29.99 (honest!). Of course, I immediately pointed out the pricing error. ....... Yeah, right!

I guess the data entry person was confused by the same ad everybody else was. Let's hear it for ambiguous ad layouts!

[quote name='BIG5']I'm a little confused, but if it really is $29.99, who wants to hook me up?[/quote]

Yes...I too would like to be hooked up. PM me

is this a sale's paper in the sunday paper or in stores only

Damn, I just read the IGN review. How disappointing. This has been my most anticipated game (Twilight Princess is a close 2nd) for years, and now they tell me the combat has been reduced to button mashing and many rpg elements have been removed? Why Nomura? Why?

[quote name='BIG5']Damn, I just read the IGN review. How disappointing. This has been my most anticipated game (Twilight Princess is a close 2nd) for years, and now they tell me the combat has been reduced to button mashing and many rpg elements have been removed? Why Nomura? Why?[/QUOTE]

For me, I find it rather difficult to trust IGN's reviews...something about them always seem off. And this is the first really "low" score I've seen for the game, so I'm IGNoring that little review. (I'm sorry for the bad joke...the REALLY bad joke. :p)

[quote name='GHardin']For me, I find it rather difficult to trust IGN's reviews...something about them always seem off. And this is the first really "low" score I've seen for the game, so I'm IGNoring that little review. (I'm sorry for the bad joke...the REALLY bad joke. :p)[/QUOTE]

I agree. IGN and 1up reviews are probably the least reliable out of the bigger online gaming sites.

Just go to www.gamerankings.com and you can see the average review score for any game.

[quote name='robbart914']I hate to play devil's advocate here, but it seems to me they never intended on having it for 29.99. In the San Jose paper, the pricing is located directly under all the games which they refer to, and there's only an "Available by 4pm" on whatever date stamp under KH2, not a price. It sounds like they're covered themselves regardless, they just gave the 29.99 Tuesday only excuse just in case someone came in ready to start a riot if they didn't get it for 29.99.[/quote]
Fry's ads often do this thing where they put two games in the same rectangle and put only one price under one of the games. Under the other, it says "Guaranteed low price!" I always understood that it meant those two games shared the same price tag.

EDIT: So uh, I checked the Fountain Valley Fry's again, and it's 39.99 this time. I just went ahead and got the game at Gamestop, though. Haven't opened it yet... I'm watching videos of Chain of Memories on Youtube to catch up on the story...

Geeeeeeeeeeez. I wonder if it would be alright just jumping straight into KH2.

Couldnt pm to Fry's at the Best Buy in Montclair, CA. Strangely enough, they said they can pm Walmart's $32.98 price(I did not know about this, they just told me the best they could do) so I got a copy for myself and for my friend... $36 after tax is a pretty good price..

Just came back from Fry's in Woodland Hills, CA... no luck. The Los Angeles ad is pretty clear about the game being $40 and that's how it rang up in their computer system.

If you liked Kingdom Hearts, you'll love this one... if you didn't like Kingdom Hearts... give this one a try, at least until you get to the TRUE beginning.

Yes it is $29.99 at Fry's, or atleast the one in Concord, CA. I work there and i even looked in the computer multiple times since the ad said $39.99. it's weird though that it does say Shadow Hearts when you type in the plu but once its on the quote screen it willl say Kingdom Hearts II $29.99. Glitch maybe. but anyways the deal is for today (to late though) and possibly tomorrow. Unfortanently i was an hour too late so they where sold out but i did get a rain check that said $29.99. I even ask the Supervisor's at the Software department and both said thats how much it is.

[quote name='BarrettSan']If you liked Kingdom Hearts, you'll love this one... if you didn't like Kingdom Hearts... give this one a try, at least until you get to the TRUE beginning.[/QUOTE]
I hope you're right, because I loved Kingdom Hearts.

bread's done
Back