Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded Nintendo DS 11.96+tax Walmart.com

integralsmatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
Again if this is a double, delete this pronto.

Kingdom Hearts RE:Coded Nintendo DS 9.96 In-store pick up. 11.96 shipped.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kingdom-Hearts-Re-coded-DS-Nintendo-DS/15529524?wmlspartner=NKa3hZyYoHA&sourceid=40218323382098096121

not a bad deal. Havent played a KOH game in a while. Might as well start now.

Edit:This is going to sound so stupid(especially since i been here awhile) but i dont post deals often if not at all.....trying to change thread title but not showing up under thread tools....any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='finsfan0210']Its $9.96 and if you have a store with it instock you can pick it up for free.[/QUOTE]

ah didnt have In-store pick up for me. ill change it.

Thanks OP, I'm just going to pick it up now. :D I would've totally missed this had you not posted. Thanks again!

Playing this on a 3ds feels great! The analog slide pad adds much needed playability. The dpad controls felt clunky and unpolished. Good game though, cant wait for KH3D!

[quote name='silkysmooth']I'm a huge KH fanboy but I've avoided this game like the plague. Not sure if I can resist that price though...[/QUOTE]

Why? It's a great game. Each world has a neat twist on the gameplay (Olympus plays like a turn-based JRPG, Wonderland has on-rails shooter segments, etc.)

[quote name='silkysmooth']I'm a huge KH fanboy but I've avoided this game like the plague. Not sure if I can resist that price though...[/QUOTE]

Trust me, it's still $10 too expensive. I love the entire KH series, including the less popular CoM and 358/2, but this is the most unnecessary and pointless game in the series. What extremely little it does to add to the overall story can be summed up in a wiki paragraph or watched on YouTube, and the gameplay was just annoying and really not that fun to make it worth playing regardless of the story. I understand it originated as a mobile game, but it was an extremely lazy port. The one good thing I can say about it was that it had the best leveling system in the whole series IMO, but I would honestly avoid this game unless you are an OCD completionist like me.

EDIT: The poster above me mentioned the turn-based battle system that Olympus had, which I admit was pretty cool. Though when compared to any other regular JRPG, it's still very shallow.

[quote name='integralsmatic']Again if this is a double, delete this pronto.

Kingdom Hearts RE:Coded Nintendo DS 9.96 In-store pick up. 11.96 shipped.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kingdom-H...ner=NKa3hZyYoHA&sourceid=40218323382098096121

not a bad deal. Havent played a KOH game in a while. Might as well start now.

Edit:This is going to sound so stupid(especially since i been here awhile) but i dont post deals often if not at all.....trying to change thread title but not showing up under thread tools....any ideas?[/QUOTE]

After going to edit go to advanced options.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Trust me, it's still $10 too expensive. I love the entire KH series, including the less popular CoM and 358/2, but this is the most unnecessary and pointless game in the series. What extremely little it does to add to the overall story can be summed up in a wiki paragraph or watched on YouTube, and the gameplay was just annoying and really not that fun to make it worth playing regardless of the story. I understand it originated as a mobile game, but it was an extremely lazy port. The one good thing I can say about it was that it had the best leveling system in the whole series IMO, but I would honestly avoid this game unless you are an OCD completionist like me.

EDIT: The poster above me mentioned the turn-based battle system that Olympus had, which I admit was pretty cool. Though when compared to any other regular JRPG, it's still very shallow.[/QUOTE]I used to be a massive Kingdom Hearts fan, maybe as dedicated as you, until every one the games was a just a rehash of the previous ones. I'm assuming this one is no different from what you just said, so I guess I'll avoid it.

[quote name='Z-Saber']I used to be a massive Kingdom Hearts fan, maybe as dedicated as you, until every one the games was a just a rehash of the previous ones. I'm assuming this one is no different from what you just said, so I guess I'll avoid it.[/QUOTE]

If you've played the main PS2 games and avoided the spinoffs, I urge you to still play BBS if you haven't already. I daresay it's the best in the series and would be worthy of being a numbered title.

Tempting. Gonna see if they have it in store at this price. For some reason, the store closes to me doesn't even show up so store pick up doesn't work. Good price.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']If you've played the main PS2 games and avoided the spinoffs, I urge you to still play BBS if you haven't already. I daresay it's the best in the series and would be worthy of being a numbered title.[/QUOTE]

I find it funny how so many people shrug the portable KH games off as "spin-offs" just because they don't have a number next to them. It's always "when are we going to get KH3?! wahhh" when Birth by Sleep was a full-fledged KH game and might as well be called "Kingdom Hearts 0" at the risk of being un-original. It's like the number is SO important to people (most likely the same people who only play games based on the numbered review score).

So to those people, I offer you this list:

Kingdom Hearts 0 (Birth by Sleep)
Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (Chain of Memories)
Kingdom Hearts 1.75 and 2.5 (358/2 Days)
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 (Re:coded)
Kingdom Hearts 2.75 (Dream Drop Distance)

ALL games contribute to the storyline and/or character development in some form and for the ones a little lighter on story, the gameplay is still just as solid as every other KH game; so, being a "huge KH fan", you should still have a great time with them.

To shrug off the other games just because you can't play them on your TV is just lazy and ignorant (and in most cases because you don't own a DS or PSP so you automatically classify the other games as garbage to justify your situation).

Hope this helps some people on the fence about the game, especially at this great price.

[quote name='sadakou']I find it funny how so many people shrug the portable KH games off as "spin-offs" just because they don't have a number next to them. It's always "when are we going to get KH3?! wahhh" when Birth by Sleep was a full-fledged KH game and might as well be called "Kingdom Hearts 0" at the risk of being un-original. It's like the number is SO important to people (most likely the same people who only play games based on the numbered review score).

So to those people, I offer you this list:

Kingdom Hearts 0 (Birth by Sleep)
Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (Chain of Memories)
Kingdom Hearts 1.75 and 2.5 (358/2 Days)
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 (Re:coded)
Kingdom Hearts 2.75 (Dream Drop Distance)

ALL games contribute to the storyline and/or character development in some form and for the ones a little lighter on story, the gameplay is still just as solid as every other KH game; so, being a "huge KH fan", you should still have a great time with them.

To shrug off the other games just because you can't play them on your TV is just lazy and ignorant (and in most cases because you don't own a DS or PSP so you automatically classify the other games as garbage to justify your situation).

Hope this helps some people on the fence about the game, especially at this great price.[/QUOTE]

thanks.

[quote name='sadakou']ALL games contribute to the storyline and/or character development in some form and for the ones a little lighter on story, the gameplay is still just as solid as every other KH game; so, being a "huge KH fan", you should still have a great time with them.[/QUOTE]

I still have to respectfully disagree with you when it comes Re:coded. Everything that mattered about the story came at the very end, and the daunting task of going through all of the worlds and killing... blocks, was not worth it IMO. The fact that it was the THIRD time they used the assets from KH1 and got super lazy with the enemy design was just such a major turnoff. It also didn't help that it came out only a few months after BBS, and after playing that epic masterpiece, it made jumping into Coded that much worse for me.

Had a giftcard that wasn't cancelled from the GoW3 misprice so I've used most of it on this. Better to have a game than a walmart e-gift card.

[quote name='sterlingice']Mine was cancelled due to unavailability :([/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. So I placed the order again and this time they found it. So give it another try.

I ordered it and Mario Luigi Bowsers inside Story for 14.96. Hopefully the order will go through for instore pick up.

[quote name='rawer']Same thing happened to me. So I placed the order again and this time they found it. So give it another try.[/QUOTE]

Done and failed again. Guess it was not to be

SI

Huge kh fan here (ok really huge fan lol). All I have to say is that this game is the bastard child of the series. Just youtube the cut scenes and secret ending then you are good to go. Can't wait for kh 3d !

[quote name='OtakuFerret']For $10, why not? Yes, my backlog is huge, but I bet I *still* have time to complete this before we ever see Kingdom Hearts 3![/QUOTE]

Lol good one! But seriously WTB Kingdom Hearts HD collection would be amazing.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Lol good one! But seriously WTB Kingdom Hearts HD collection would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

It's so inevitable at this point the way they are pumping out HD remasters. Better visuals, an excuse to play them again, trophies/cheevos.... must... have. KH 3DS looks great, but I'm actually more excited to buy this unannounced HD collection.

[quote name='rawer']For someone who has never played a KH game...would this one be recommended?[/QUOTE]

I know I'm amongst a handful of KH fans here, but I think this series is highly overrated. Completed the first one (mess of a game that I only played through because my wife was playing it with me), completed Chain of Memories (halfway enjoyable - love it when devs add additional playthroughs), and played around 10 hours of the second one (improvement from the first but not enough of one to keep me interested).

Gameplay is mediocre and the story is all over the place.

I know I'm in the minority and the game has a strong following but that's my opinion... flameshield on.

Might pick this up for my sister-in-law though... she's a big KH fan and the price is low enough.

It was unavailable for shipping when I placed my order last night but indicated it was available for store pickup--placed my order and this morning it was cancelled :cry:

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']I ordered it and Mario Luigi Bowsers inside Story for 14.96. Hopefully the order will go through for instore pick up.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! I may have lost out on KH but at least I grabbed Bowser's Inside Story for a deal. :D

[quote name='halokilla91']Showing back in stock and available for home shipping. Picked one up for my little brother in-law.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the notice! I had checked when this thread was originally posted but by the time I got to it they was all out of stock.

I'm a fan of Kingdom Hearts but avoided this particular one because of its milking the cow nature. Anyway, at this price I will gladly welcome it. Best ones by far are KH2 and Birth by Sleep. Can't wait for KH 3D (Dream Drop Distance)!

bread's done
Back