Kingdom Under Fire...

BigLebowski

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Anybody pick this one up yet? I'd love to read some first imprssions- I have been looking forward to this game for two years. Please post if you have it!

I'm waiting for Target to put it on sale for $27.88 like they were supposed to several weeks ago. Is this game finally out now?

I pre-ordered it at Gamestop, but I won't get it until tomorrow. I'm getting so sick of pre-orders. I know it benefits the store, but how does it benefit me unless the name of the game is either Halo 2 or San Andreas?

This game reeks of bargain bin in a few months.

Not to say it's a bad game, though, but with the flood of newer, higher profile games, this might get lost in the shuffle.

I pick up this and Bloodrayne 2 at Gamerush this week, hopefully tomorrow. I played the demos for both, and I thought they were both great. I'll try to post impressions whenever I can.

I get the feeling this game will be the next "Ico". Everybody initially dimisses it then everyboby loves after it becomes hard to find.

I played a demo a while back.

The graphics are very nice.

I feel like the gameplay gets in the way of a good idea.

IGN gave it an 8.2/10. Personally, I would rent it before I bought it. I hope you enjoy it.

[quote name='Santurio']yeah I noticed the retail site has it up, but I never saw it available!!!
I wonder if they just haven't activated it yet?[/quote]

Yeah, site has been a bit screwy since they updated it, ut it seems normal now.

Not sure if I want to use my points on this anyways....especially with OutRun2 coming out soon....among other things.

I have a target raincheck for it at $27.88. I went there today and they didn't have it yet. So I am patinetly waiting for it to arrive.

I did pick up Midway Treasures 2 since they had that.
Mortal Kombat :D

[quote name='flybrione']I did pick up Midway Treasures 2 since they had that.
Mortal Kombat :D[/quote]

Ah hell, I forgot about that.

just picked up the game yesterday. haven't got to play it but looks like a great game. as soon as i play it i will give you some reviews and impressions about it

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='ReggAe']hey~ xboxmaster!! kick ur ass!! Dat is GreaT game!![/quote]

WTF?[/quote]

I think that guy was smoking the spliff and he was having trouble typing. I think He meant to say:

Translation:
"Hey~XboxMaster!! You are right, It kicks some serious ass!! It is a great game!!

Dimmu%20band%20(1)_jpg.jpg

Alright here are a few pro and cons I have so far:

The fighting is nice and simple when you engage against another unit. It's basically a button masher, but there are some combos you can pull off. Officers can perform special moves, and I think some of them are quite cool like Morene's. I don't any problems with the camera when I'm fighting and have not experienced any slowdown.

The customization is somewhat deep. You can change your unit's jobs to be cavalry, knights, paladins, storm riders, etc... and officers and leaders have a good assortment of special abilities to choose from. Weapons can have elemental effects and other bonus effects on them too.

My only major gripe is that when you are moving your unit(s) the camera follows the cursor in a straight pattern and sometimes the camera can get jumpy and can be a real pain to move your troops. It also can be pain switching troops because the camera resets and you can be facing in the wrong direction. Also another gripe is that there doesn't seem to be a replay mission which is kind of dissapointing. I guess my last gripe would be that it seems like there are only 4 playable heroes, and 2 of them are locked until you beat the normal difficulty campaign with Lucretia. There are quite a few mercenaries you can choose as officers or leaders and I personally would have likde to play with many of them, cuz I like variation in battle games.

I beat Gerald's campaign and the timer had a lttle over 7 hrs on it. His campaign is the easy difficulty though, so I would assume that the others campaigns are going to be longer. It goes Gerald - easy, Lucretia - normal, Kendal - hard, Reigner - hard. As far as I'm aware, those 2 leaders are the only unlockables. I think there are other unlockables, like mini-games and stuff. Also there is going to be downloadable content, such as new maps and missions according to the manual. The game also has multiplayer, but I think it can only be played on Live.

[quote name='Santurio']well what do ya know, it's back on the retail site!![/quote]

Yep, I saw that too, but I passed. I only have like 1,500 points left, and I don't want to waste/use them on this game. I think I will save them for FORZA :) I already have enough games right now anyways....plus I still may add FIFA 2005 sooner or later.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Is it a long or short game? - Are those 2 leaders the only unlockables?[/quote]

There is supposed to be downloadable content. There has not been an anoucnement as to whether it will be multiplayer maps only, or whether they will add new campaigns.

Dimmu Borgir = nice!

[quote name='Goodtone'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='ReggAe']hey~ xboxmaster!! kick ur ass!! Dat is GreaT game!![/quote]

WTF?[/quote]

I think that guy was smoking the spliff and he was having trouble typing. I think He meant to say:

Translation:
"Hey~XboxMaster!! You are right, It kicks some serious ass!! It is a great game!!

Dimmu%20band%20(1)_jpg.jpg
[/quote]

Just as a heads up:
I was able to use the $27 raincheck at Target without any problems. Anyone actually having a problem getting them to honor it?

Great game, by the way. A great system for the RTS portion, and lots of fun combat. I still like DW a little better so far, however.

There's a demo of KUF in the latest Official Xbox Magazine on the Demo Disc. The Demo has two missions and is really fun. My only complaint is the voice acting which isn't very good. I'll pick this up when it goes on sale.

Outpost said mine's on the way and it should be at the $23.66 price they low-balled it at. $26.50 - $2.84 credit, since they couldn't change the price in the order and will do a separate crecit.

I am having a lot of fun playing KUF, I just wish a group of calvery could take out 15 archers with out me having to go help them out kinda fucky game play sometimes, but really fun when you get into it. Hey at least the caverly keeps the frigging archers from pelting my troops.

Im planning on getting this as soon as it drops to around $20. I played the demo in OXM and thought it was great.
How long is it?

Yeah, I just played the DEMO last night. It was easy, but that was on EASY mode. Seems like a basic button-masher though....was fun to an extent. Not $40 fun, but more like $20 fun.
maybe LIVE is a LOT better hopefully

I haven't found the game to be very easy at all. It looks like it will follow the typical strategy game formula of "one map, one solution." That is, you have defeat enemies in a certain order at a certain time with certain skills, or you wind up failing the mission.

From what I played of a demo...
It looks like a mix between Kessen and battles of Dynasty Warriors. The play is pretty clunky. Maybe I am just spoiled with Dynasty Warriors are what. I don't plan on buying until it is really cheap.

When I first heard about it (about a month & a half - 2 months ago) I read that it was gonna have a co-op mode. Picked it up last Friday - no co-op. Went back to the store on Monday. I see no point in this type of game single-player.

[quote name='argyle']When I first heard about it (about a month & a half - 2 months ago) I read that it was gonna have a co-op mode. Picked it up last Friday - no co-op. Went back to the store on Monday. I see no point in this type of game single-player.[/quote]

But there is a two-player versus mode. I'm excited for that.

Yeah, it supports two players on Live which is far more interesting than playing a game like this co-op.

And yeah, it's very linear in it's strategy (except in multiplayer, of course). But then again, you have to learn that strategy, and that's what makes the single player experience. It's far more interesting than stupid deathmatch gameplay in single player campaigns, anyway.

And it's far from easy. Wait until you play the harder campaigns.

It's nothing like DW, despite what the reviewers keep telling you. I like DW/SW's better, but then again it's a different sort of game altogether. More nuance in the action sequences. Slower fighting, better graphics, but I like the button smashing aspect of DW/SWs better.

In terms of strategy, it stomps DW:Empires into the ground. The strategy aspect is much deeper. It's hard to judge this game on a whim or a demo. Give it a few hours with the full blown version before you decide. Trust me.

As Repairman Jack said, it's more strategy than action, though you'll need to be good at both to succeed. It looks like the multiplayer is where this game will shine. Not that single player is bad (re-reading my last post it looks like I'm slamming the game), it's just a bit tough.

Rumor has it that there will be a patch you can download to enable 4 player multiplayer later on.

bread's done
Back