Kingdoms of Amalur 360/PS3 19.99 @ Amazon

Anybody think this game will go up in value cause of the studio going under? Debating picking up 2 copies, 1 to play and 1 to keep sealed.

I've been waiting for this game to hit 10$ mark...but is it really not going to be made anymore?

Might need to get it at 20$ if that is the case

KoA:R is like the ME franchise for me; not really in the mood to play it but once I start playing it, I get sucked in. For some weird reason, this game just clicks for me. Love the quests and the side quests (all fully voiced by the way), love smithing all my own armor to makes some ridiculous, over-the-top armor that is better than most high level drops, music is beautiful, environments look like World of Warcraft during the Burning Crusades era (stopped playing WoW during that time so that's what I compare them to).

It's not one of the "best made" games out there but it's fun! Really, really fun.

And I re-bought it just because:
(1) I stopped playing because I wanted to play other games at the time
(2) lent it to my brother (also an ex-WoW player) and I haven't seen it in months so I have to consider the fact that I'm not getting it back
(3) it's only $20 so I'll let him keep that copy and I'll have this one for myself

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
I've wondered about this. Does EA just get to keep all of the profits for this game now, since there's no one at 38 Studios to write a check to? Or did 38 already have whatever their cut was going to be by the time the copies were on the shelves?[/QUOTE]

I imagine it works like all companies. Retailers pay for it up front, and what doesn't sell to their cost, they send back for credit.

[quote name='Gedemer']I've been waiting for this game to hit 10$ mark...but is it really not going to be made anymore?

Might need to get it at 20$ if that is the case[/QUOTE]

The rights to the IP are in limbo b/c they defaulted to the state of Rhode Island that wants a ton of money for them and nobody is paying.

Except for still sealed copies you will not see anymore being printed unless something drastic happens. I see this being a game like MvC 2 on PS2 that sells for $40 used at places like Gamestop long after the next gen starts, at least on console.

Just picked this up on sale for PC not too long ago for like $10 it goes on sale on Origin once in awhile and Amazon for PC (with all the DLC for around $10) but I'm still tempted to get it on Xbox.

A few people here had it in there trade list and I offered around $25 for it and none took it guess they should have heh.

[quote name='simmias']Heh, this is a pretty accurate description. Still, this game was loads of fun for the first 20 hours or so, then got a little tedious. Easily worth $20 and a playthrough, though.[/QUOTE]

Yep definitely worth it, bought it at launch. And didn't regret it at all. Best combat of 2012 for sure despite the story elements being mediocre. I listened to podcasts while just having a blast killing stuff. Finesse/Sorcery FTW

[quote name='Ivajosh']Yep definitely worth it, bought it at launch. And didn't regret it at all. Best combat of 2012 for sure despite the story elements being mediocre. I listened to podcasts while just having a blast killing stuff. Finesse/Sorcery FTW

The only reason I stopped playing this is because I max leveled and beat the game, otherwise I'd still have it. But with bonuses it was worth a nice dime at Gamestop.

Great game.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']In for one, sad part is:

Sold by Amazon.com
Usually ships within 11 to 14 days.

Edit: By the way, just noticed that it says that $19.99 is the new MSRP, so technically this isn't really a sale or promotion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's sucks we have to wait this long. I'm not in any hurry though. Still playing Tales of Grace f and I might jump into Spec Ops: The Line afterwards.

Debating on trying to PM at bestbuy since I have a 10$ cert. how do you price match at bB with Target if they are sold out online and it says (29.99) when it's 19.99 in store

The self-published Steam version did finally receive a price-drop and went on sale as a daily for 50% off (as well as the DLC) so there is hope in that happening again during a Steam sale for anyone wanting it on PC in a non-Origin form.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Don't wanna buy a game where developers get 0 money from it[/QUOTE]

There's no way to avoid that here; you either support EA or the state of RI...and yeah it's a bullshit choice.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Don't wanna buy a game where developers get 0 money from it[/QUOTE]

GS will sell you a used copy on 360 for $40 or a used PS3 copy for $28.

[quote name='Gedemer']Debating on trying to PM at bestbuy since I have a 10$ cert. how do you price match at bB with Target if they are sold out online and it says (29.99) when it's 19.99 in store[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding it at Best Buy. It's not listed new in stores on their website, and the one I stopped at today that was supposed to have a used copy didn't.

Cant decide if I want this on PC or Xbox or PS3. I can get a code for PC for 17.99 from Direc2play.com

It's actually 18$ on Amazon as well but DAMN ORIGIN argh...I puked a little

[quote name='HenDoggy']is this game like dragon dogma? i loved that game and this seems similar[/QUOTE]
Not even close. This game is a borderline offline Wow clone with shitty combat mechanics. I never understood the praise this game got other than the visuals.

Amazon has it listed as 11-14 days to ship now (Xbox). I went ahead and ordered one. I was going to wait until it got around $10 because I wasn't that overly thrilled with the demo, but I can probably get $20 worth of enjoyment out of it.

[quote name='lpv5000']Despite my huge backlog, in for one. Had a lot of fun with the demo[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

Couldn't pass this up for $20, especially if it really is out of print (which seems likely).

[quote name='Jodou']Not even close. This game is a borderline offline Wow clone with shitty combat mechanics. I never understood the praise this game got other than the visuals.[/QUOTE]

And even the visuals have gotten critics, even from the guys who gave this game a good score (watch Moriarty-IGN's review of it).

I honestly thought the combat was stellar, especially compared to Skyrim (the closest competitor), albeit the world not being as fleshed out.

It's a great game with a ton of content, highly recommend it.

[quote name='keithp']Good luck finding it at Best Buy. It's not listed new in stores on their website, and the one I stopped at today that was supposed to have a used copy didn't.[/QUOTE]

It's because BB had it last fall for $10 as one of their magazine coupon deals and cleared their inventory of it out.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's because BB had it last fall for $10 as one of their magazine coupon deals and cleared their inventory of it out.[/QUOTE]

They also had the used copies for $15 as one of their weekly used deals.

bread's done
Back