Kingdoms of Amalur 39.99 at Amazon

The developer is gone. The rights most likely will be auctioned. Who knows what will happen. Plus isn't the publisher able to re-release still? I'm not sure on that one.

Rhode Island loaned this company cash and now the state owns it. Rhode Island will thank you for your purchase (but not for mine because I'm waiting for clearance).

Rhode Island, nor the remnants of 38, are seeing a dime from the console versions. Only the self-published one on Steam gives them direct funds. Some sort of pre-done deal with EA for a flat fee. Another reason why the company deserved to die for making such a stupid business decision.

I'm thinking og getting this for 22 used at BBY with the 10 off Gamer coupon plus unlocked discout. Just hard to pull the trigger.

The game actually does suck, though. I think the biggest reason why people want to buy it, as is the case with L.A. Noire, is because the developer went kaput.

[quote name='Nintendonly']The game actually does suck, though. I think the biggest reason why people want to buy it, as is the case with L.A. Noire, is because the developer went kaput.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I was originally willing to buy it at the pre-order price but I was late to chomp so I missed it.

The graphics aren't perfect but it has some great gameplay elements, especially those of being able to two or more classes.
The story isn't bad, not spectacular but interesting.

[quote name='Nintendonly']The game actually does suck, though. I think the biggest reason why people want to buy it, as is the case with L.A. Noire, is because the developer went kaput.[/QUOTE]

No way I heard too many good things about this game so in your opinion it may suck but the game is actually good I hope EA buys the IP

[quote name='showtimefolks']No way I heard too many good things about this game so in your opinion it may suck but the game is actually good I hope EA buys the IP[/QUOTE]

It may be a while, until after all this heat dies down.

I think the Rhode Island government should figure out somehow to resolve this and get new content made as I'm sure this was a boon for them and employment especially when you consider the size of the state.

The game is great. I paid full price, spent over 45 hours on main and more. Lots of fun, better combat than any of these games in this genre.

Don't let all the drama around the studios and RI dupe you, this game is definitely a labor of love and it shows. It has some flaws and whatnot, but they don't necessarily detract from the game. And it does have that fun factor to it that makes you want to just destroy everything.
A shame too, they were close to cutting a deal with a publisher (I believe?) for KoA2 when the RI governor aired out the issues he had and why he didn't think this had been a good idea which effectively scared away the other party.

No way is this game bad. It's a good game, but I don't know if I would buy it for even $20 with the publisher now gone, and there will be no new patches released to address and fix some of the issues that the game has.

[quote name='Investor']No way is this game bad. It's a good game, but I don't know if I would buy it for even $20 with the publisher now gone, and there will be no new patches released to address and fix some of the issues that the game has.[/QUOTE]

I was shocked at this statement until I remembered that, yes, console games require patches now. Progress...

I'll probably wait until this drops just a bit more. Maybe in the $30 range?

[quote name='Kerig']Amalur Vs. Skyrim fair comparison. Guess which one won?[/QUOTE]

I honestly think that Skyrim is a little over-rated. I just can't seem to get into it. I've played it a few times, but I don't know... I hate the way the graphics look. Not that they're bad- they're just way too brown and grey. Fallout: New Vegas is a lot more colorful, and it is set in a POST-APOCALYPTIC world. I actually like New Vegas a lot more than Skyrim. The writing feels better, the world feels more alive, there is actually a faction system (invisible ones that are kinda there but not really don't count), and everything looks and feels a lot more interesting. Also, why the frick do the lizard men speak normal English? It should at least be accented in SOME way. Bugs the crap out of me- I know it's just a game, but c'mon. I do prefer more stylized fantasy to the heavy, 'high' fantasy though.

bread's done
Back