Kmart - Buy Halo 3 and the Halo 3 360, get free $50 gift card.

ProtoEXE88

CAGiversary!
I saw the ad while I was at my work yesterday, I'll bring a copy home tonight and get screens of it if anyone wants me to.

IIRC you get a mail in rebate for this, and that would print out with the receipt when you buy both, but I could be wrong.

And there was also another thing for a free $10 gift card. Buy any 4 12 packs of Mountain Dew Products (cans, basically showing the Game Fuel) and a copy of Halo 3, and get said $10 gift card.

I believe all Kmarts are also holding all the Halo 3 merchandise until the morning of the 25th, and in the ad, it showed both controllers, the headset, the Halo 360, regular Halo 3 and the Limited edition one.

So yeah, if you can hold out until next tuesday for the Halo 360, get it there I guess.

Edit: Just remembered, if you just buy Halo 3 there, you get a free poster. At least 20 per store.

Great deal for those in need of a 360 and Halo 3. Sort of... I guess it depends on how much you like the color of the Halo 360. I think it's pretty neat looking but until my near-launch 360 dies, I won't be getting a new one.

If that's the case, you can simply return Halo 3 for a refund after buying the set then have someone you know rebuy it using the gift card. That'd technically get you Halo 3 for $10. :p

[quote name='Tsukento']If that's the case, you can simply return Halo 3 for a refund after buying the set then have someone you know rebuy it using the gift card. That'd technically get you Halo 3 for $10. :p[/quote]

Well the thing is, if it's the mail in rebate, they'd probably scan the receipt to make sure you didn't do that, considering it's all done by the company.

Or just buy other games with the GC, Kmart occasionally has some incredible clearance deals.

I think what'll make or break this deal is people deciding for themselves if $400 is a fair price for the Halo 3 360. If mine blew up today and was mysteriously not under warranty, I'd be in on this deal because I like the color and would love to have an HDMI enabled 360.

EDIT - Can't speak for everyone but the electronics employee at my K-mart was dropping prices when I was there 30 minutes ago. She said she had something like 12 pages of drops to do and advised me to come back later to buy stuff. If someone was looking to get in on the original deal, they could buy clearance games now, keep them sealed then return and rebuy them with the Giftcard on the 25th. Well, in theory at least. Whether or not it would work at your K-mart is up in the air.

Yeah, but what the chances most clearanced items are still around? :p Seems like Kmart clearances as of lately have been left with slim pickings.

At my work, a lot of clearance is still around because I hide a few things out back for them to drop in price more. Most of the good stuff is gone though, a lot of it went back around Christmas time, but there's still a few decent 360 games lying around on the floor.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']At my work, a lot of clearance is still around because I hide a few things out back for them to drop in price more.[/quote]

That's helpful.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Well the thing is, if it's the mail in rebate, they'd probably scan the receipt to make sure you didn't do that, considering it's all done by the company.[/QUOTE]

... and most MIRs require you to remove the barcode from the game, which would make it impossible to return.

bread's done
Back