Kmart "deal" on PS2

puternerd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
In the new ad for Kmart starting on sunday April 23 they advertise the PS2 for $149.99..... Ummm, didn't the price drop on the PS2 start on the 20th? I wonder how many morons will run out to Kmart and get on thinking it's a sale? Way to drop the ball Kmart.

Does anyone else wonder when Kmart is going to go out of business? Our local one only ever has 3 employees working and never more than one register open, plus it's a ghost town in there.

Kmart blows. They advertised GT4 and GoW "on sale" for $40 when they were turned into greatest hits. They even used the greatest hits pictures of the games in the ad. fucking scum of the earth.

Though I used to work there so I may be biased.

[quote name='puternerd']In the new ad for Kmart starting on sunday April 23 they advertise the PS2 for $149.99..... Ummm, didn't the price drop on the PS2 start on the 20th? I wonder how many morons will run out to Kmart and get on thinking it's a sale? Way to drop the ball Kmart.

Does anyone else wonder when Kmart is going to go out of business? Our local one only ever has 3 employees working and never more than one register open, plus it's a ghost town in there.[/quote]

Now that K-Mart owns sears I doubt its going out of business. Hopefully when they bring in sears managers they will fix that. On a Thursday night ( one of our busiest nights) we are lucky if we have 6 employees covering the store.

[quote name='puternerd']In the new ad for Kmart starting on sunday April 23 they advertise the PS2 for $149.99..... Ummm, didn't the price drop on the PS2 start on the 20th? I wonder how many morons will run out to Kmart and get on thinking it's a sale? Way to drop the ball Kmart.

Does anyone else wonder when Kmart is going to go out of business? Our local one only ever has 3 employees working and never more than one register open, plus it's a ghost town in there.[/QUOTE]

Well seeing that ads are done far in advance its kind of hard for K-Mart to do a last minute change to the ad when the newspapers already have them set to go for the papers. I wouldn't be shocked for the next week or two to still see flyers with the $149.99 price being quoted.

[quote name='dragonpancakes']Now that K-Mart owns sears I doubt its going out of business. Hopefully when they bring in sears managers they will fix that. On a Thursday night ( one of our busiest nights) we are lucky if we have 6 employees covering the store.[/QUOTE]

Kmart does not own Sears...

[quote name='Demolition Man']Well seeing that ads are done far in advance its kind of hard for K-Mart to do a last minute change to the ad when the newspapers already have them set to go for the papers. I wouldn't be shocked for the next week or two to still see flyers with the $149.99 price being quoted.[/QUOTE]

PWNED!

Thank you.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Well seeing that ads are done far in advance its kind of hard for K-Mart to do a last minute change to the ad when the newspapers already have them set to go for the papers. I wouldn't be shocked for the next week or two to still see flyers with the $149.99 price being quoted.[/QUOTE]

Damnit! Now the OP has one less thing to cry about.

K-Mart can be crazy with prices. You know those bags of fun size choclate bars that come with like 18 - 20 in a bag and are usually given to trick or treaters at Halloween? I saw a few bags of them (they were Star Wars themed and not regular ones so they were from this past Halloween) a few months ago. I thought they would be $0.01 since they usually penny out holiday items after a while. They scanned full price at $2.79.

Last month when I was there I saw they had them in a crate and were marked down to $1.00. Not a bad deal especially since they are good until May.

Then I saw them back in the regular spot last night and they scanned for $2.79 again. So those brilliant people at K-Mart marked UP halloween candy that has a sell by date of next month back to full price.

Actually all ads can be edited just 2 days before printing now thanks to the fact that they are delivered to the printers in a digital format. Back in the day they couldn't because everything was done on plates.

Oh yeah, BOO HOO! :booty:

[quote name='puternerd']Actually all ads can be edited just 2 days before printing now thanks to the fact that they are delivered to the printers in a digital format. Back in the day they couldn't because everything was done on plates[/QUOTE]

Most of the time however they are printed a week to two weeks before that particular week since they still do need to be delievered to stores and such. That's how come we have all these ad leaks on the Net.

Again like I said above don't be surprised to see some stores advertising the PS2 at $149 for the next week or two. Most if not all stores by now are already selling them at $129 regardless of the ad.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Then I saw them back in the regular spot last night and they scanned for $2.79 again. So those brilliant people at K-Mart marked UP halloween candy that has a sell by date of next month back to full price.[/QUOTE]

K-Mart indeed has some really funny management. I remember up until around a year ago one of the locations around here had a copy of "Prince Of Persia 3D" for the PC marked at $49.99. It seems like most of the time I go into a K-Mart I want to walk right out as I never feel like they even want me in the store.

Then again... my ex-fiance works for K-Mart. Go figure. :lol:

bread's done
Back