Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds $20

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon $20

Kirby Tripe Deluxe $20

Mario & Luigi Dream Team $20

Tomodachi Life $20

Bravely Default $20

Yoshi's New Island $20

Original Post

Edit- The game has gone down to $5 now but the PS3 version can no longer be added to the cart.  The 360 version has gone to $5 as well and can still be ordered.

http://www.kmart.com/konami-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-for-xbox/p-018W007382911001P?pageInd=product&currentProductTitle=konami-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-for-xbox&isSEOCanonURL=true&catgroupId=018W007382911001P&catalogId=10104&redirectType=SRDT&isSEOUri=true&storeId=10151&partNumber=018W007382911001P&reqURI=%2fshc%2fs%2fkonami-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-for-xbox%2fp-018W007382911001P

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 $10 at Kmart.  Not available for shipping but has in-store pickup if it's available locally.

Seems to be $30-40 most places still even though it didn't review nearly as well as the first game.  Free rental though since it trades back to BBY for $10 right now and GS for $13.

http://www.kmart.com/konami-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-for-playstation/p-018W007382927001P

Last edited by a moderator:
Just submitted a pm on Amazon for Donkey Kong, Zelda Wind Waker, and Bravely Default. Doubt they'll match though.

First off, the GCU 10% off applies to used games, while new games get 20% off. Second, you can't stack GCU with price-matches; whoever posted that they were able to must have had an employee who was unaware of the rules.
same difference on the % but yeah I get the point. That's what I thought. Guess just building RZ points then. Black Flag and Destiny is tempting. Already got Destiny on hold for $40 at kmart though. hrm.

Just submitted a pm on Amazon for Donkey Kong, Zelda Wind Waker, and Bravely Default. Doubt they'll match though.

WTF. It just let me go through the checkout process for Bravely Default, but then AFTER I hit the final submit (i.e. after entering all the information) it tells me it doesn't have it in stock. I was about to be happy with KMART for once - thinking they finally opened up orders or restocked. Nope.

Now it seems to be back to the usual error messages, where it tells me OOS and can't proceed to checkout. Did I just barely miss my opportunity, or was this just KMART site being KMART (i.e. just generally glitching and messed up).
it normal just have to keep retrying it did it to me last week on a game saying available for hours nonstop then saying no stock after checkout I had to redo the order about 20 times over a hour period to finally go through it just a glitchy website

Because that would have actually brought customers to Kmart on Black Friday.
That reminds me of the news report on Thanksgiving about stores opening early, and they interviewed a guy who was first in line at Kmart when they opened. There were like 5 people in line with him when they showed them walking in. I :lol: 'ed

I just came back from Kmart without a PS4 copy of GZ despite them having it bc they refused to give it to me even though their crappy website doesn't want to show the PS4 version ( X1 shows up though). Really annoyed.

I don't know what other people's K Mart's are like, but the ones near me, I'm shocked this company is still in business. It's basically a ghetto much smaller Walmart. Sticky crap all over the floor, shelves unsorted, products laying on the floor, abandoned carts in the middle of the aisles.

I haven't gone in one in years. Afraid I'll leave with Tetanus or some type of disease.
You must live near me.

I just got a random receipt from Kmart of someone else s order. What they ordered? x6 MGS:GZ PS4 and x4 MGS:GZ Xbox One. Damn hoarders.
I'm always fascinated by people who try to make money like that. Is it really worth all the effort? the few MGS:GZ I see sold on ebay all are selling for $15-20 with free shipping, and the prices will only be driven down further now. After ebay and paypal fees and shipping you are looking at maybe $8-12. at a cost of $5+tax and gas/packaging, how much money are you making?

The other scenario I guess is they sell at local swap meets and stuff, but I always wonder if people who go to swap meets buy next gen games at high prices? Seems like a contrarian position.

Anyways just fascinating to me how someone can make money eking out small profits per transaction, I kinda want to sit them down and talk to them about the stock/forex market. Do the same thing with digital money for hours a day and you can make thousands a week, without ever having to get off your ass.

Trying to decide what I'm going to try to price match today. After thinking it over, I'm shooting for:

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze 

:wiiu: New Super Luigi U

:360: Castlevania Lord of Shadow 2

:ps3: NHL 14

I'm confident my Toys R Us will pricematch no problem. I'd offer to pick stuff up for others, but by the time shipping and a few extra bucks for my troubles are tossed in, I'm not sure it'd be worth it for anyone. But feel free to PM me.

I'm always fascinated by people who try to make money like that. Is it really worth all the effort? the few MGS:GZ I see sold on ebay all are selling for $15-20 with free shipping, and the prices will only be driven down further now. After ebay and paypal fees and shipping you are looking at maybe $8-12. at a cost of $5+tax and gas/packaging, how much money are you making?

The other scenario I guess is they sell at local swap meets and stuff, but I always wonder if people who go to swap meets buy next gen games at high prices? Seems like a contrarian position.

Anyways just fascinating to me how someone can make money eking out small profits per transaction, I kinda want to sit them down and talk to them about the stock/forex market. Do the same thing with digital money for hours a day and you can make thousands a week, without ever having to get off your ass.

Or more likely lose thousands in the stock market. Anyhow kmart by me has none of games listed at said prices. Good thing only a mile away.

Well, Bravely Default isn't available for in-store pickup at any of my local stores, even though it was last night.

I definitely can't be arsed to pay $6 for shipping on a $20 game.

I'll just wait for another Best Buy sale I guess.

I paid $10 yesterday for Lords of Shadow 2 do you think since it's $5 now they'll refund me the difference? I still havent opened the $10 one. What's frustrating is the site says there isn't any more at that store but I saw one in the display yesterday in addition to the one I bought. 

Hell of killing at Kmart for me. Got Pikmin 3 for $21 and change. Had gotten 10,000 surprise points to use on any item at Kmart both in-store or online and so that knocked the $29.99 down to $19.99.

Wanted DK: TF but the website wasn't having any of it shipping wise. I'm on the Max trial so it would've been free and it would let me get as far as entering my pin # at the end but then refused to complete the order and sent me back to my cart saying that it wasn't available for shippiing. Argh! 

So then I went to my local Kmart to pick up Pikmin 3 and on a hunch, I went to the gaming isle and sure enough, I saw that despite saying that it was not available for pick-up online at my local store, they had a copy of DK: TF. Furthermore, they had a copy of Wonderful 101 and thanks to this site, I knew that it was ringing up for $6 so I grabbed a store manager I'm acquainted with through all my deal-hunting/utilizing the ShopYourWay program with and asked her to ring up W101 and it was $6 so I bought it on the spot for $6.42.

Then I asked her why DK: TF was in stock in store but not showing up online for store pick-up and she said that they have to have at least one copy for the store and then whatever other copies they have is also available for online, but that she would work around that and see to it that it showed up on the site for pick-up and true to her word she took care of it for me so that I could place an online order for it. On my digital receipt for Pikmin 3 I had a coupon code for $10 off of any order online or in-store for $25 or more to use plus the points I got for buying Pikmin 3 so I used them and got DK: TF for $19.72.

Not bad and worth braving the wasteland that is Kmart's retail store for deals like that. Hope more peeps get some good deals before this well dries up.  :D/

How does Best Buy price match work? Will they do their own search to verify? What if none are in stock nearby? 
I've never done it before...

Maybe there's not a lot of profit in it, but investment-wise, it's pretty solid. There is absolutely no way they could lose money on flipping - at worst they break even and dump the games for what they paid for them, which is more than you can say for stocks or forex. The returns are going to be better than a savings account at least, and you can always play the games too.

I'm sure many eBay power sellers do this, and what about Amazon? Plenty of sellers there who sell books for just a penny and shipping. Easy way to build positive feedbacks. So let's say you open an eBay or Amazon account and sell items in this manner, get to 1000 positive feedback - what's the next step? You can open your own website to handle orders, avoiding Amazon/eBay's cut and just paying payment processor fees. Keep selling on those storefronts and in a couple of years, you'd make several thousand dollars.

So few people get rich doing this, but it's a sure thing. How many things can you do where you're virtually guaranteed money? Not much money, but it takes less time than you would think once you get it automated: you print out the order and pay for shipping via PayPal, drop the item into a mailer or box, take your shipments to the post office once a day or every other day. Once you have the item, it'll take 30 seconds to get it ready for shipping. Looking for deals takes the most time, yet there are many people on this site doing that for nothing.

Think about this: how much profit do supermarkets make? Literally pennies. A nickel here, a dime there. They're able to survive because literally everyone needs to eat. That is, there is always demand for the products they sell. There are never any periods where people don't buy food, right? You can borrow the same principle when you sell anything else. If you know on your leanest month you only sell twenty games, then every other month you'll sell at least that, especially during the holidays. So 6 Metal Gear demos might sound like a lot but I wouldn't be surprised if they all sold out before the year is over.

I got them to credit me $5 for the price drop on Lords of Shadow 2 for PS3. They said per our policy we do not price match after thanksgiving or before christmas, but then he said i'm happy to inform you I can credit back $5 to your card lol (?) So yeah I think he had to get supervisor permission. It was through their chat. 

There are transaction costs in stocks/bonds/commodities/etc too. Plus if you are smart about what games you are flipping/selling, it's hard to lose. Whereas with those other avenues, if you are dealing with small amounts, it's hard to win (i.e. if you are investing $1000 - transaction costs would kill you).

Also I would certainly hope nobody is using flipping video games as a REPLACEMENT for investments anyway. For some it's probably a side-business (especially students without jobs), for others, they are just looking to roll over a few bucks for trade-ins or to buy other games they want. Who here can honestly say they haven't bought 2 or 3 copies of something if they knew they could make a few bucks on them in an exchange?

The OP lists Wash Dogs (a game where you wash dogs?) for XB1 and PS4 and someone else mentions Tropical Dong. Never heard of either game. 

Sorry for the double-post.

My $4.99 copy of LoS2 is ready for pickup, thankfully. Does anyone have experience with canceling an in-store pickup order with Kmart? I'm not sure if the store employee will look at me dumbfounded if I ask them to cancel the $9.99 copy of LoS2 (which might happen regardless because Kmart, but still), yet I'm not sure how else to request the cancellation.
If you do cancel you dont do it in store you contact them through the chat on the website.

Tried to convince myself NHL ps4 was worth it but reviews turned me off...
The gameplay against the CPU, after adjusting sliders it's as solid as it has ever been. Online and default settings are frustrating. A lot of the bad reviews come from the lack of game modes, but I only play Be A GM. As much as I hated everything about the way this game was marketed, on ice, you can get a pretty good experience.

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]Stupid Kmart.  I put an order together that should have gotten me the $10 points bonus but when I check the order it says I earned 0 points for the order.  Now I cannot even return any of the items because my $20 surprise points was split among each item and I cannot get full credit towards Far Cry 4.  I should have just ordered the dam game for $27 and been happy instead of trying to play Kmart's little points game.[/SIZE]

I finally got Bravely Default at the price I wanted after so many failed attempts starting from the summer. I'm so happy right now. There were 2 BB's on the way where I was headed. The 1st one was sold out and the 2nd one had 2 copy left. The 3DS gods tried to screw me, but I succeeded. I also bought Pokemon X, so I'm going to flip that with Y that I already own and might get Omega Ruby from GS since I have a 20% off bday coupon or just buy some cheap PS3 games that I missed out on years ago, but that can wait.

The gameplay against the CPU, after adjusting sliders it's as solid as it has ever been. Online and default settings are frustrating. A lot of the bad reviews come from the lack of game modes, but I only play Be A GM. As much as I hated everything about the way this game was marketed, on ice, you can get a pretty good experience.
Unfortunately I'm also a Sabres fan so there's that...😣

Apparently you can make a ton of $$$ out of it. The eBay seller below sells Kmart/TRU/Sears items (video games and toys). I remembered I bought a game (with Kmart price sticker) from him when he had only 5,000 feedbacks. Now he's at 20,000 feedback+

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=bmccoy9&ftab=AllFeedback

Can I take Tropical Freeze back to Best Buy once it has arrived at my house? I took part in the B1G1 40% off Wii U deals on Monday for DK and Bayonetta.

Paid $50 for DK and, obviously, this $30 deal is significantly sweeter. Can almost pick up two games for the price of one if I was able to return DK.

Is there just no longer any listing for Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes PS4? I go to kmart.com and search for it only find the XB1 version, I try the Op's link it goes to sears.com and says invalid link. 

Can I take Tropical Freeze back to Best Buy once it has arrived at my house? I took part in the B1G1 40% off Wii U deals on Monday for DK and Bayonetta.

Paid $50 for DK and, obviously, this $30 deal is significantly sweeter. Can almost pick up two games for the price of one if I was able to return DK.
since that was a bundle deal per best buy policy you could return it but then it could cause you to charged full price for bayonetta since it won't be bundle pricing no more

bread's done
Back