Kmart: New 3DS XL $100, PS4 $200, Splatoon $30

GUYS! I did the unthinkable, I got the PS4 for $17.50!!!

Eighty year-old lady at Walmart didn't even notice the price difference. I got in and out in five minutes. Thanked her for her help and was on my way... posted receipt below as proof.

[attachment=16604:Capture.PNG]

Last edited by a moderator:
GUYS! I did the unthinkable, I got the PS4 for $17.50!!!

Eighty year-old lady at Walmart didn't even notice the price difference. I got in and out in five minutes. Thanked her for her help and was on my way... posted receipt below as proof.
Doesnt even look like you TRIED to make that look real... GTFO

This does feel like a parting shot at more successful retailers...

wrath%20of%20kmart_zps6mmzhajn.png

You have good taste.

l1qlxJb.jpg

So I walk to electronics, pick out the Batman bundle out the case. We go to the register and I give them the kmart ad and ask for a price match. They were stunned. They said unfortunately they couldn't do the price match because it wasn't the exact same system since it was just the vanilla system on kmart. I ask if they can check in back for just the PS4, no bundle.

The associate walks out glowing like Jesus Christ himself with this box in his hand, claiming it must have been overstock from last black friday.

They call for a manager. That manager then ends up calling for a manager. They have a huddle and to my surprise they end up doing it.

2 managers and 3 electronics associates stare as I walk away from the counter, PS4 and receipt in hand.

God bless America.

i0LvXyq.jpg

So I walk to electronics, pick out the Batman bundle out the case. We go to the register and I give them the kmart ad and ask for a price match. They were stunned. They said unfortunately they couldn't do the price match because it wasn't the exact same system since it was just the vanilla system on kmart. I ask if they can check in back for just the PS4, no bundle.

The associate walks out glowing like Jesus Christ himself with this box in his hand, claiming it must have been overstock from last black friday.

They call for a manager. That manager then ends up calling for a manager. They have a huddle and to my surprise they end up doing it.

2 managers and 3 electronics associates stare as I walk away from the counter, PS4 and receipt in hand.

God bless America.
You sir, are a CAG Hero.
tumblr_mdgpp3kmFj1riiw1do1_400.gif

So did anyone actually get this deal at, you know, KMart?
Who said this was a deal? This is all part of K-Marts master plan. If they're getting rid of their gaming division they're gonna take everyone else with them by listing items at cheap prices they longer have so we can go to other retailers to price match. GameStop will be the only one left once this scheme is finished.

Seriously though, it seems BB and Walmart are automatically shooting it down... but didn't read anything about Toys R' Us getting in the loop. Am I wrong... is there still hope for a 3DS?

No dice, bestbuy outright denied me while target went with the different bundle excuse. Guess i'm late to the party.

i0LvXyq.jpg

God bless America.
Well, you just got that manager fired.

Deal is dead at best buy went by today for try to get the free game they r throwing in with a ps4 purchase and before I even asked my question the guy said is it about the 200 Kmart price match I think the words out

Likely won't anything happen to that manager. He PM'd and it had 3 people verifying.

Would anyone actually get in trouble for selling these at $200?

Also where are people getting the $17.50 from?

No luck getting a PM for Splatoon. Also went to Kmart but it looks like they got rid of their entire video game section.

Anyone able to grab an extra copy of splatoon? Maybe we can work something out, PM me.

I like how you blame SD lol.
Is it wrong to automatically assume that lurkers posting about buying doubles are from SD? Maybe. But my CAG training tells me no. :p

Before my time at CAG, I would've dropped the term "resellers," but that doesn't completely cover the SD-style abuse.

I wish I could have known CAG.com in it's touted golden days, before the SD mentality took over.

I thought it best to only go for a single N3DS XL since that's all I'll be using. Although, I do have a spare Last of Us PS4 Bundle from a PS3 trade-in deal a while back I'm not using. Feel free to PM me if interested.

l1qlxJb.jpg

God bless America.
Amazing. I'm crying.

bkwKq.gif

l1qlxJb.jpg

God bless America.
CAG of the year

Likely won't anything happen to that manager. He PM'd and it had 3 people verifying.

Would anyone actually get in trouble for selling these at $200?

Also where are people getting the $17.50 from?
The photo shows someone paid $17.50 for the PS4. There's no way that happened.

No way real Black Friday can pump out something better than half-off current gen hardware. 

Not even touching the under $20 category lol.

No way real Black Friday can pump out something better than half-off current gen hardware.

Not even touching the under $20 category lol.
The best Black Friday could probably offer us this year would be $50 off plus 2 games at most lol

Seriously though, fuck Walmart. I just tried to PM a legit game that is in stock on the Best Buy website and they wouldn't even do it. Took a manager and 2 associates to fucking tell me they couldn't match it for some bullshit about how it was a special "membership" price because they saw the thing about GCU on the page. I wasn't even trying to fucking get the GCU price I just wanted the sale price. How you people convince them to do a non legit deal I have no clue.

Seriously though, fuck Walmart. I just tried to PM a legit game that is in stock on the Best Buy website and they wouldn't even do it. Took a manager and 2 associates to fucking tell me they couldn't match it for some bullshit about how it was a special "membership" price because they saw the thing about GCU on the page. I wasn't even trying to fucking get the GCU price I just wanted the sale price. How you people convince them to do a non legit deal I have no clue.
Lmfao

the fallout for this is going to be strict new price matching policies across the board at Walmart/Bestbuy and they may even revise the list of places they price match and such.....

This was one case where none of these systems should of been priced matched in the first place if the employees were more up to date on the policy the stores hold.. And to the people that hoarded these systems I thank you for making this site more and more like FW and SD by the day...

l1qlxJb.jpg

God bless America.
1397220731145s.jpg

If you get another one, sell it to me please.

Can someone explain as to why you can't just search for these items on either the K-Mart desktop or mobile sites and find them listed at those prices:  PS4 for $200, New 3DS XL for $100, and Splatoon for $25? Usually, the employees at other retailers would have to be able to use the stores' devices (or their own smartphones) to see and verify them as legit offers if they're going to price match. 

the fallout for this is going to be strict new price matching policies across the board at Walmart/Bestbuy and they may even revise the list of places they price match and such.....

This was one case where none of these systems should of been priced matched in the first place if the employees were more up to date on the policy the stores hold.. And to the people that hoarded these systems I thank you for making this site more and more like FW and SD by the day...
I seriously don't get how everyone is butthurt for the stores following their rules and directions. Every store's policy is to match their verified retailers given that the item is in stock and available to you at the same time. Difference being what company gets your money.

You dont gotta get butthurt because they actual follow the rules and people online found employees who don't. Everyone that goes in trying to PM this knows it shouldn't work beforehand.

Success with Splatoon for $30!!!

Went to the local Wal-Mart and asked for a price match. The indifferent employee called her manager on the store phone and tried to pull it up on her cel phone. She couldn't find it on the website, but I was able to show her the page on my phone. After about 5 minutes of searching with the manager on the phone, the manger gave up and said, "We don't have all day. Just give him the price match." Patience wins out! It's no $17.50 PS4, but I will take it!

I second that. It's out now, and clearly all retailers know. Especially since some SDer's were foolish enough to buy multiple systems per transaction, some even per location probably. At this point, pursuing any kind of Kmart.com PM isn't going to do anything but damage. Wish it Sop
So no chance at all huh? Drat. I just got home from a work trip and I was hoping to try it out. Ah well I guess...maybe I still will try just for kicks and giggles, but probably will end in failure.

I seriously don't get how everyone is butthurt for the stores following their rules and directions. Every store's policy is to match their verified retailers given that the item is in stock and available to you at the same time. Difference being what company gets your money.

You dont gotta get butthurt because they actual follow the rules and people online found employees who don't. Everyone that goes in trying to PM this knows it shouldn't work beforehand.
um no one is butthurt

I just texted some guy on Craigslist selling the Arkham Knight bundle new for $300. He bought it at the same fucking Walmart I just tried to price match my game and got it for the $200 price point. I guess I'm just ugly.

I just texted some guy on Craigslist selling the Arkham Knight bundle new for $300. He bought it at the same fucking Walmart I just tried to price match my game and got it for the $200 price point. I guess I'm just ugly.
You're beautiful, no matter what they say.

Um how ugly can you possibly be? You were at a Walmart after all. Everything is relative.

bread's done
Back