Kmart: New 3DS XL $100, PS4 $200, Splatoon $30

Best Buy refused to match the New 3DS XL. Had a feeling they wouldn't, but I figured it was worth a shot. They were enforcing some new policy they must have pulled out of someone's ass at some point since people started trying for this one. Even though the listing was CLEARLY on kmart.com, they wouldn't do because if you went to kmart.com and searched for it, it didn't come up. I mentioned how the wording on their price match policy doesn't say anything about this procedure, and how technically, by its wording, this is a valid web address and should work, but then the guy pointed out that even if that were the case, they still couldn't do it because it's not showing in stock.

FAIR ENOUGH, BEST BUY.  :cry:

Unfortunately CAG is just SD now with a different name since the owners/admins/mods allow the flipper/reseller talk. It should all be banned and not allowed to be discussed, as it used to be. Ya knows, DEALS, not "#howmuchmoneycanimake
Don't really see much reseller talk at all on CAG.
Flipping to stores, yes, but not reselling to other people for profit.

Guess most people flip games to create their own deals, so they can buy more games.
These stores usually make a profit also, when we trade games in.
But I agree with you, in regards to the the bragging of $ amounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah people don't really flip around here except to build up even more credit, which they then buy and flip for more credit. Or at least discuss flipping I mean.

Like the massive GS 50% trade in thing. Few guys around here made $1000+ flipping just to keep the credit for later on.

People also tend to help others around here with coupon codes and stuff. On SD you have to buy them from members.

I got a 3DS on Friday, tried and failed to get a ps4 that night because they only had batman bundles and came back Saturday for Splatoon.

Good weekend overall. Also, Splatoon is pretty fun.

No basic bundles available in my area at Wal-Mart or toys r us but tru did price match splatoon for me @ $30!

Just got a black New 3DS XL from Best Buy for $100! Tried the Target next door for a red one but was told they don't price match K-Mart.

I got these systems the legit way. By flipping low priced games for a higher value and outright purchased each system with credit. In the end, I ended up with all the systems and a ton of reward points from every retailer plus I paid similar prices, if not less. Of course nothing like a $20 PS4. But that's a moon shot of a deal.

I got these systems the legit way. By flipping low priced games for a higher value and outright purchased each system with credit. In the end, I ended up with all the systems and a ton of reward points from every retailer plus I paid similar prices, if not less. Of course nothing like a $20 PS4. But that's a moon shot of a deal.
Will you teach me the art of flipping?

Why get a get a ps4 for 200$ (or 17.50$) when you can get a darth vader ps4 for 450$ in November?
It's all about instant gratification. Wht wait when you could get pretty much the same product, for cheap?

There are others much better than me at it. For example, I didn't flip a single game to gamestop during big their recent 50% bonus trade promo. I've had credit built up from last year.

I know you were being sarcastic, but I decided to respond anyway.

It's all about instant gratification. Wht wait when you could get pretty much the same product, for cheap?
I don't think he was being serious. Nobody in their right mind would pay $250 more for a crayon drawn Darth Vader on it.

Gotta say that red white and black DS4 looks amazing though

Thanks for reminding me. I got so much GS credit. I might as well flip this new 3ds xl and use my GS credit to get another. I have to start using it up.

There are others much better than me at it. For example, I didn't flip a single game to gamestop during big their recent 50% bonus trade promo. I've had credit built up from last year.

I know you were being sarcastic, but I decided to respond anyway.
I was actually being serious. Of course I don't know much about flipping because I'm rather impatient about waiting on good turn-in sales. Though on Best Buy's B1G1 50% off I snagged the two most recent 3DS zelda games, would that be an 'ok' start to wait on some turn-in sale for Gamestop?

Darn. I was wanting a 3DS so I could actually ... you know ... play it.  

And by play, I mean also playing the library of DS games that came out before 3-D was a thing.

:goes back to playing on a Gameboy Advance:

Any tips on efficient methods for finding flips from GS/Amazon to BB? I'm finding that portion of the system very annoying, even during BB's 30% trade bonus weeks lol.

I didn't have time for GS's last trade-in event, but I wasn't too down since I can't seem to move the credit where I need it.

I don't think he was being serious. Nobody in their right mind would pay $250 more for a crayon drawn Darth Vader on it.
Gotta say that red white and black DS4 looks amazing though
I agree about the controller looking pretty nice and the the Darth Vader head outline looking horrendous. Both this one and the Batman console are ugly imo , it looks like someone just slapped a decal on their ps4 . The thing that bothers me about the contoller though is the glossy finish , not so much the appearance but the feel of it is what concerns me .

Never thought I'd see the day that CAG has become worse than SD and FW. I remember the days that CAG's would buy 1 copybof a game and not fucking flip, buy multiple copies to put on ebay or literally scam retailers because of a glitch. A glitch is considered a scam and not legit as it wasn't intended. Kinda feel this place will get worse over time. Glad a few guys have migrated elsewhere to avoid the ugly CAG, that pretty much Cheapy and the mods don't care anymore

Any tips on efficient methods for finding flips from GS/Amazon to BB? I'm finding that portion of the system very annoying, even during BB's 30% trade bonus weeks lol.

I didn't have time for GS's last trade-in event, but I wasn't too down since I can't seem to move the credit where I need it.
pretty sure its like a full time job. gotta get on these deals as they happen. while I am not opposed to occasional credit flipping....people take this shit to the extreme and ruin the deal for anyone that actually wants to play the game.

and to the glorious bastard that got it at 17.50....you are one hell of a lucky guy. got play the lottery. wish my local wal marts didnt have stupid junior detectives. like really who cares if you get canned? its a 7.75 an hour job.

I agree about the controller looking pretty nice and the the Darth Vader head outline looking horrendous. Both this one and the Batman console are ugly imo , it looks like someone just slapped a decal on their ps4 . The thing that bothers me about the contoller though is the glossy finish , not so much the appearance but the feel of it is what concerns me .
Agree, I dont like the Batman or the new Darth Vader one. I got to say I've been let down by both Sony and Microsoft's LE consoles this gen. I still think the all white consoles are the best looking ones by a mile.

Agree, I dont like the Batman or the new Darth Vader one. I got to say I've been let down by both Sony and Microsoft's LE consoles this gen. I still think the all white consoles are the best looking ones by a mile.
The blue Forza Xbox One is pretty awesome.

Time machine post of the thread.

You missed it almost a year ago when the same thing happened with these for the Wii U and 3DS XL, each for $60.
I didn't miss it, lol. The Best Buy rep over the phone put my card information in wrong, and I had to update my billing. The. The price went up....they wouldn't fix it so whatever....

I'm not a fan of that one either but maybe I'm just partial to my white X1/PS4 tandem. Though I would definitely break that up for a black/red gears 4 console or a red God of War 4 console .
I dont like the blue color that they used, it looks ugly to me. I still wish the Titanfall console was released, I thought that one was cool.
I like the color blue so I guess I'm a little bias.

The blue is the same color as that new GT. That thing I can about bet money will look ridiculously cool in person.

I love the look of the Batman PS4 since it's near gun metal. If they sold a cover the same color I'd probably replace the batman one. It's not so bad in person though, it's matte and not glossy like the older ps4s. It looks more intrusive in pics.

As for the flipping...eh, there are countless ways to flip but it's partly luck and partly knowing the market. Craigslist can get you some big flips. I got a GameCube this week with a ton of first parties all complete and like new for a little of nothing. Then when Gamestop has a 50% promo coming up, get ready to go that day. Last time with the coupons there was a list you could buy certain games at GS, take them to another GS then trade them in.'im close with the GS I go to, they were an hour from closing so I did a bit of buying/trading/rebuying/trading and made a couple hundred easy.

For me I don't treat it like a job but a hobby. If you treat it like a job, you're going to be miserable. You're not guaranteed anything. You might not flip anything for a month then make $300 the next in a matter of an hour.

Just stick around here and follow threads. If you have Best Buy credit and want to flip it to GS for a console, that time will come. Same for GS credit, you can flip for Amazon GCs or take to Best Buy and get a laptop or tv or whatever.

One thing's for certain though once you start it gets incredibly addicting

I am impressed by little. However, working the system to score a PS4 for $17.50 doesn't warrant respect, it demands it.

Guy's not a fuckin' boss, he's the fuckin' Big Boss.
I got two PS3s for $10 at one point due to a Best Buy shipping error. I bought two copies of The Last of Us PS3 and was sent two bundles. I gave one to my brother and still have the other as a backup.

The blue is the same color as that new GT. That thing I can about bet money will look ridiculously cool in person.

I love the look of the Batman PS4 since it's near gun metal. If they sold a cover the same color I'd probably replace the batman one. It's not so bad in person though, it's matte and not glossy like the older ps4s. It looks more intrusive in pics.

As for the flipping...eh, there are countless ways to flip but it's partly luck and partly knowing the market. Craigslist can get you some big flips. I got a GameCube this week with a ton of first parties all complete and like new for a little of nothing. Then when Gamestop has a 50% promo coming up, get ready to go that day. Last time with the coupons there was a list you could buy certain games at GS, take them to another GS then trade them in.'im close with the GS I go to, they were an hour from closing so I did a bit of buying/trading/rebuying/trading and made a couple hundred easy.

For me I don't treat it like a job but a hobby. If you treat it like a job, you're going to be miserable. You're not guaranteed anything. You might not flip anything for a month then make $300 the next in a matter of an hour.

Just stick around here and follow threads. If you have Best Buy credit and want to flip it to GS for a console, that time will come. Same for GS credit, you can flip for Amazon GCs or take to Best Buy and get a laptop or tv or whatever.

Also matters in what area you're in. Where I'm from it's hard to make money from flipping due to a thirty minute drive before yearly traffic. And stricter Gamestops, low stocked Best Buys, and stores being distant. Craigslist is a nightmare here too, all overpriced or non-negotiable.

I can attest to this but I treat it as a career and a hobby. Mainly b/c I love doing it but there are times that are set up for disappointment. This summer I made little flipping (which is odd for the season) which is why I end up getting a job at the start of the summer since I saw it coming. With school and the holidays coming up, I don't need my side job anymore and can go back to flipping full time.

But yes, CAG is a great community that is willing to help get a deal. The community is split (70% / 30%) on flipping (for cash... when it comes to credit, it's open season) but people here are willing to help. Same goes for SD, FatWallet and the like but on those sites it more aggressive for deals. People on here are willing to spoon feed information for a deal, other sites have way too many users for people to constantly repeat information. But any site is good, CAG being my favorite among all the sites though. Just a great group of people.

There is a rush for it. When you score a great deal and make more in an hour than you could a days worth of work, than it becomes a little addictive. Flipping isn't for everyone though. It's hard and requires a great amount of time, knowledge on products (and store policy, selling ranks, taxes, etc.), and willingness to put in the work to accomplish a set financial goal. But if you have the dedication you can be very successful in this business as few others have.

Just went to Best Buy in Watertown, MA. Manager came over, could not pull it up on her cell phone or desktop. I showed her the ad on my cell phone, and she said "it HAS TO BE IN STOCK on their website and it is not." Since K-Mart is sold out, she would not do it. She also said several people have tried to purchase one at their store today (other CAGS?). I walked over to Target and asked customer service if they price match K-Mart. She said "no, only BestBuy, Walmart, Amazon, ToysRUs..." and a couple of others. The only way they would price match K-Mart is with a physical ad in hand. Oh well, first time being denied a CAG deal. I will try a different store tomorrow!
Ha! Good to see another Bostonian on the forums. I'm also near the Watertown Best Buy. If you find any deals, let me know!

And, as always, no one really has an answer to the most efficient method to turn GS/Amazon credit into BB. But that's okay. It's probably because there is no easy answer. Especially since my BB is stricter than my GS concerning game trade-ins. (Pretty much the only thing they aren't lenient about--still a situation to be thankful for lol.)

BB -> GS: simple.

GS -> Amazon: cake.

BB -> ebay: easy.

But GS -> BB? Process must be a convoluted mess. Or you gotta get lucky during those occasional 30% bonus weeks.

I wish Amazon would just let me purchase a BB gift card. In fact, I believed I had seen them there in years past, but now there's nothing but GS gift cards.

I wish Amazon would just let me purchase a BB gift card. In fact, I believed I had seen them there in years past, but now there's nothing but GS gift cards.
Even if there were, you can't buy gift cards on Amazon with gift card credit.

As for an "easy" way of transferring Gamestop credit to BB, there isn't really one at any given time, same for any other credit mover but Gamestop to Amazon since you can just buy Amazon gift cards at Gamestop. Wait for Best Buy's 30% - 50% TIB weeks. If not, check out the recent Gamestop deals and see the TIV for those games at BB. You might lose some money or earn more but it is a credit "mover" for a reason.

Just keep your eye out for game sales at whatever store you want to move credit from and see the current TIV for it. The Best Buy and Gamestop trade in threads on here are great resources for that too.

So, I snagged a copy of Splatoon at my local BestBuy, no fuss, no muss.

Dull news, I guess, when compared to the possibly dubious price-matching pyrotechnics outlined above, but still: Thanks, OP!

Can I get a link to the Splatoon deal? I can't seem to find it and I would love to go PM this at Best Buy after work today. 

Berks County / PA here. Went over to Toys R Us yesterday and there was a guy trying to price match the PS4 for $200, the manager didn't look too friendly/willing to go through with it so i didn't even bother to stick around and ask about the 3DS (Did manage to find a Wii Fit Trainer Amiibo so atleast the trip was worth it). Headed over to the closest Wal Mart and they only had 1 red 3DS, the clerk checked on his phone and couldnt find the listing but went ahead and did a search through Google and was able to find the link, said he couldn't price match since it wasnt the Black one. Decided to do one last try at a 2nd Wal Mart about 15 minutes away, they had plenty of Black and Red consoles, the clerk was nice enough to let me choose which color i wanted, he said that a guy a few hours earlier came in to price match using the same Kmart link, once on the register he had to call a Manager, old lady came through punched in her code and i was out the door. I guess it just really depends on the manager/clerk you get.

Is the Splatoon deal dead or what? They don't have the game listed on the Kmart website. $30 is the price I have been looking for on this game, I'd love to PM this. All the Kmarts around me have been closed recently. 

bread's done
Back