Kmart: New 3DS XL $100, PS4 $200, Splatoon $30

I tried to pricematch at walmart this morning. the guy at the register said that they all received emails not to price match the kmart ad because it was fake :/

wish i would've seen this thread sooner..
I wouldn't have used the word "fake", I would have used "not real"

It just hit me: Has anyone actually found these items at a freaking Kmart?
of-course-not.gif

Regular DS games look horrible when played on a 3DS.
LOL... what?! Why would you say that? Shouldn't regular DS games look just as good if not better on 3DS, 2DS, or 3DS-XL systems than on DS, DS Lite, or DSi consoles, due to the more advanced hardware components and possibly better display screens?

LOL... what?! Why would you say that? Shouldn't regular DS games look just as good if not better on 3DS, 2DS, or 3DS-XL systems than on DS, DS Lite, or DSi consoles, due to the more advanced hardware components and possibly better display screens?
When you play them at their original resolution DS games look fine. The full screen mode...not so much. It isn't that bad but IMO it takes a fairly bad hit.

All the Kmarts near me have closed recently and are long gone now.
That one guy apparently found a super cheap Xbox 360 at a Kmart. (Not me, the one is important).
I did read that. I swear whoever's running the Kmart/Sears/SYWR must be a SD/CAG person who wants to PM these things. I mean, I get the notion these items never existed in Kmart's inventory by the time these prices dropped like a ship's anchor so why even do it unless hey, we know certain stores may PM and let it slide?

Don't get me wrong, if they do it it's cool....but chances still seem like:

frerfT3.jpg

What? You don't recognize actress Jennifer Lawrence?
What video game is she in?

(No I didn't know who she is either, don't watch many movies made in the last 5+ years really.)

Tempted to do the Splatoon PM.. But looks like I waited too long. (Don't even have a Wii U yet..)
Maybe I'll check the one Kmart we have.. After that I guess I'll wait till Black Friday or another sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
What video game is she in?

(No I didn't know who she is either, don't watch many movies made in the last 5+ years really.)

Tempted to do the Splatoon PM.. But looks like I waited too long. (Don't even have a Wii U yet..)
Maybe I'll check the one Kmart we have.. After that I guess I'll wait till Black Friday or another sale.
No problem. She played the main character Katniss in those Hunger Games movies. She was also in American Hustle, and a few other movies. And she has a real nice ass too to go along with that pretty face. O:)

DP but gotta do it for this.

You know I saw the Lawrencely thing up on the corner and was all, "Nah, that can't be J-Law"...How more wrong could I be...I need to have my eyes checked.

And Jake...you win the thread for posting a J-Law gif.
As much as I'd like to take credit, it wasn't me who posted the gif.

No problem. She played the main character Katniss in those Hunger Games movies. She was also in American Hustle, and a few other movies. And she has a real nice ass too to go along with that pretty face. ;-)

As much as I'd like to take credit, it wasn't me who posted the gif.
Oh she'll get in a game soon enough. Hmm...Witcher 4? Mass Effect? Destiny 2? Final Fantasy 16? Oh wait...I got it: tales of berseria.

And sorry Jake...Davivascaino did it...you both win the topic...and that just shows where my mind was...whoops.

I did for a 4GB 360 kinect holiday bundle. Was covered with dust and they were amazed they even had it. Was $25 ($15 after credit) so 90% off.
Yup, congrats! Can't believe they had that thing lurking there. I don't know where you are but even if something is remotely hiding somewhere here like that in Phoenix it gets snatched faster than J-Law's - Uh...

Give me a minute.

post-490570-0-15405900-1428177519.gif

There that's better. Had to smack the deviant out of me.

Best buy said kmart was hacked
Walmart said they won't price match it because they only had bundles (said last of us ps4 was a bundle, do they even make ps4 without last of us?)
Gamestop doesn't price match

3 strikes

Got Splatoon no issue here at BB. Kinda makes me want to consider trying a system PM for the heck of it

He just used the price on my phone.

DS games just look better on their native hardware. I don't expect anyone to understand but they don't look as good on a 3DS. It's like smearing petroleum jelly all over a high-def display.

Went to a frys and noticed they had 1 opened box unit left. Talked to manager about price matching it and convinced him that because it was open boxed, old and beat up looking, their last unit which is part of a discontinued SKU and already lowered to $315 from the original price to let me take it off their hands for them[attachment=16618:WP_20150815_18_54_32_Pro.jpg]

Target won't price match Splatoon because they can't find it on kamrts site.  They use this tablet thing to PM and they can't find it anywhere even if I show them my phone. I wanted to use Target because of my Red Card 5% discount but I will try BB and see how it goes.

Went to a frys and noticed they had 1 opened box unit left. Talked to manager about price matching it and convinced him that because it was open boxed, old and beat up looking, their last unit which is part of a discontinued SKU and already lowered to $315 from the original price to let me take it off their hands for them
attachicon.gif
WP_20150815_18_54_32_Pro.jpg
Be careful of those open boxed units. I used to work at Fry's and a lot of the times, the item was not fixed properly or not even fixed. The one I worked at considered it user error a lot.

Checked two Targets, two Walmarts and the Best Buy around me...shut down at every one. At one Target they even demanded I bring a print ad, those things that people totally still carry around with them.

Oh well. My regular 3DSXL works fine I guess.

Be careful of those open boxed units. I used to work at Fry's and a lot of the times, the item was not fixed properly or not even fixed. The one I worked at considered it user error a lot.
Yeah, honestly I was surprised it wasn't just a rock inside the box, I went home and tested it of course and in theory the warranty should be renewed right? otherwise if anything happened to it relatively soon I would return it anyways.

Cant understand why this thread is still not closed after that scum bag posted a way to alter the kmart site...   Mods need to shut this down seeing its not a real deal its just a shot in the dark to find an employee that doesnt care about store policy...

Are there stores that will take a 3DS and give you a Vita? They cost the same after all.

No BS, just by going and asking for a trade straight up.

I did read that. I swear whoever's running the Kmart/Sears/SYWR must be a SD/CAG person who wants to PM these things. I mean, I get the notion these items never existed in Kmart's inventory by the time these prices dropped like a ship's anchor so why even do it unless hey, we know certain stores may PM and let it slide?

Don't get me wrong, if they do it it's cool....but chances still seem like:

frerfT3.jpg
Well the splatoon page is 100% bogus. Nintendo cut them off long before kmart purged the game section. The very last nintendo title that they got was smash 3ds and no nintendo titles ever since. Kmart def never had splatoon and knew they were never gonna get it so dont know where that page came from

Are there stores that will take a 3DS and give you a Vita? They cost the same after all.

No BS, just by going and asking for a trade straight up.
No. First of all, even if you bring in a brand spanking new console in for trade, all retailers who do trade-ins will treat it as a used unit, and value it as such. Then on top of that, they have to make money by being able to resell that console (as a used unit), so that means taking even more off of what they can give you for the trade-in. And that's why you won't get nearly the same value (whether it be cash or credit) as the console's MSRP, and thereby be able to use it without any additional funding to buy a different console with the same MSRP.

No way REALLY? Um basically showing the results of this thread,, why is this even a thread when its not really a deal? Its basically just t advantage of people not following the price match policy
Well you said this site.

But that reseller could've been from FW or SD too.

If you live in the state of Maine (all 2 of us) then don't even bother. I live in the Portland area and I was shot down by Walmart, TRU, and Target. Didn't even bother with Best Buy because they are the worst. Consider my jealous of anyone who got in on this deal!
Would they normally price match Kmart? The nearest one is in Auburn so I just assumed it wasn't worth trying.

I went to best buy expecting to get shut down. Asked for a new 3ds xl to price match and had the manager come over sayin to pm it. Then she mentioned the ps4 sayin they were charging 260 or so for the bundles. So i got the last of us bundle plus it came with destiny, and a new 3ds xl for about $392 :D

What the hell is that weird mushroom looking thing infront of the PS4 box?
Its a mushroom cloud hince the name Battlebox"... this guy must make his living off CL because hes always buying and selling game related stuff... Wouldnt go down there in my life though especially how bad that area in Milwaukee is now...

No way REALLY? Um basically showing the results of this thread,, why is this even a thread when its not really a deal? Its basically just t advantage of people not following the price match policy
That person could have came from any of the plethera of other sites for deals. Reddit, SlickDeals, FatWallet, Dealzon, BFAds, etc.

And that person may have found a way to alter the site (I don't really know since I didn't see it) but that doesn't mean the prices aren't real. It's been explained by multiple users on why the price is what it is and why it is real. Read the thread if you really care.

People are still able to get PM's so the deal is definitely still alive.

Its a mushroom cloud hince the name Battlebox"... this guy must make his living off CL because hes always buying and selling game related stuff... Wouldnt go down there in my life though especially how bad that area in Milwaukee is now...
i would only meet some1 at police stations, for money exchange transactions on CL

No. First of all, even if you bring in a brand spanking new console in for trade, all retailers who do trade-ins will treat it as a used unit, and value it as such. Then on top of that, they have to make money by being able to resell that console (as a used unit), so that means taking even more off of what they can give you for the trade-in. And that's why you won't get nearly the same value (whether it be cash or credit) as the console's MSRP, and thereby be able to use it without any additional funding to buy a different console with the same MSRP.
I think he was asking if any store would likely take it still sealed as a no receipt return. It's possible, and then he could buy his vita, but it's also return fraud and should have no place in the discussion.

bread's done
Back