Kmart: New 3DS XL $100, PS4 $200, Splatoon $30

i would only meet some1 at police stations, for money exchange transactions on CL
You're a fool if you want to believe that. You think the police is going to come run out and save you if the person decided to run with yor money.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect-someone.html?_r=0

You could do your exchanges in numerous public busy areas, even in a bank

Here are some little enlightenment for you

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsullum/2014/09/11/how-cops-got-a-license-to-steal-your-money/

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect-someone.html?_r=0

Maybe instead of spending so much time on games you might want to know your current events as well.... just saying

Last edited by a moderator:
Shot down at Walmart. He called kmart to check stock. Target said they don't price match kmart. Best Buy was a go! Walked out with 2 for 199.99 each.

I have heard from a friend that works at BBY, that there is an email circulating now that says not to price match it.

You're a fool if you want to believe that. You think the police is going to come run out and save you if the person decided to run with yor money.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsullum/2014/09/11/how-cops-got-a-license-to-steal-your-money/

Maybe instead of spending so much time on games you might want to know your current events as well.... just saying
STFU. Just saying.

I tried 2 walmarts and a bestbuy. Walmart has to find the deal and denied and bestbuy said it's sold out at Kmart so they couldn't do it.

That person could have came from any of the plethera of other sites for deals. Reddit, SlickDeals, FatWallet, Dealzon, BFAds, etc.

And that person may have found a way to alter the site (I don't really know since I didn't see it) but that doesn't mean the prices aren't real. It's been explained by multiple users on why the price is what it is and why it is real. Read the thread if you really care.

People are still able to get PM's so the deal is definitely still alive.
Prices are legit for the consoles i have no doubt. But can you explain the origin of that splatoon link when the very last first party nintendo title kmart ever sold was smash 3ds? Somethin fishy there... nintendo and activision cut off kmart by december last year

Prices are legit for the consoles i have no doubt. But can you explain the origin of that splatoon link when the very last first party nintendo title kmart ever sold was smash 3ds? Somethin fishy there... nintendo and activision cut off kmart by december last year
Splatoon was available for pre-order on Kmart's website long before than and thus the page is still active. The desktop page is gone (but can be viewed here) since there is no copies to sell online.The mobile link (same with any Kmart item) will always be up.

Shot down at Walmart. He called kmart to check stock. Target said they don't price match kmart. Best Buy was a go! Walked out with 2 for 199.99 each.
I have heard from a friend that works at BBY, that there is an email circulating now that says not to price match it.
How did you find a BB near you that had it in stock? I can only find the used sku on their site.

Splatoon was available for pre-order on Kmart's website long before than and thus the page is still active. The desktop page is gone (but can be viewed here) since there is no copies to sell online.The mobile link (same with any Kmart item) will always be up.
Ok fair enough. Leave it to kmart to clearance out something they never even got lol

I think he was asking if any store would likely take it still sealed as a no receipt return. It's possible, and then he could buy his vita, but it's also return fraud and should have no place in the discussion.
LOL... that occurred to me too--but I didn't want to encourage him to try it, so I replied to him in a whole different way, explaining how stores would normally handle his "trade" request.

However, I really doubt that any store's CS center would give him a $200 credit (plus sales tax as well) for a sealed New 3DS-XL without a receipt. The amount is just too high to issue as even store credit. Although some stores can look up purchases if you give them the credit card or payment method you used, or via a loyalty program (My BB Rewards for BB, SYWR for K-Mart, etc.). So if you can prove that you bought the New 3DS-XL from them for $200, only then will they issue you a credit (without the receipt). Otherwise they'll likely decline it.

LOL... that occurred to me too--but I didn't want to encourage him to try it, so I replied to him in a whole different way, explaining how stores would normally handle his "trade" request.

However, I really doubt that any store's CS center would give him a $200 credit (plus sales tax as well) for a sealed New 3DS-XL without a receipt. The amount is just too high to issue as even store credit. Although some stores can look up purchases if you give them the credit card or payment method you used, or via a loyalty program (My BB Rewards for BB, SYWR for K-Mart, etc.). So if you can prove that you bought the New 3DS-XL from them for $200, only then will they issue you a credit (without the receipt). Otherwise they'll likely decline it.
I agree about the likelihood of someplace doing it. At $200, unless you can show a receipt, rewards account, or a credit card statement showing the purchase, then it's unlikely. Best bet is probably looking for a trade on Craigslist or something.

Just tried to have Best Buy price match a 3DS for the hell of it.  No dice.  Lady told me they have already been informed to NOT price match that K-Mart ad lol.

Yup, congrats! Can't believe they had that thing lurking there. I don't know where you are but even if something is remotely hiding somewhere here like that in Phoenix it gets snatched faster than J-Law's - Uh...

Give me a minute.

post-490570-0-15405900-1428177519.gif

There that's better. Had to smack the deviant out of me.
The kmart on I-17 and northern had no more consoles when the sale bearly started. People saw the word sale and bought the consoles and next gen games.

I price matched a 3DS at a Staples earlier. The guy forgot I asked about it and then when he asked if they pricematched Kmart, the guy responded "Sure, why not." 

STFU. Just saying.
So someone telling the truth, you tell them to STFU....

Doing a "deal" in a Police station parking lot will not ensure anyones safety, and it might draw the wrong attention as well..

Not going to give advice on any CL sales.. Thats a long rant on do's and don'ts for another thread.

Back to Topic:

Decided to stop at Walmart on the way home.. Splatoon completely sold out, along with all Black N3DS's gone. Pretty sure they would have done the PM cause I'm betting thats why they are out. (they had 4-5 3DS's the other day when I walked by.

And speaking of CL... a quick search.. 3 brand spanking new 3DS XL's on CL... oh gee... all Black :whistle2:

Oh well. I figure i'll wait for BB to have it on sale for $39.99 (before GCU) and grab it then.

And since nobody is having a decent sale on the Wii U itself.. I'd have jumped on the PM bandwagon at the beginning if Kmart would have had the Wii U at 50% off! I broke down and ordered the refurbished Zelda Wind Waker Wii U from Nintendo, $235.

The kmart on I-17 and northern had no more consoles when the sale bearly started. People saw the word sale and bought the consoles and next gen games.
Woooow...and isn't that a fairly middle to lower class area? When the sale started, the prices on consoles had me going, "What sale?" That was at the Superstition Springs one though. I never made it to the 51st Ave./Bell one. And you know what? I was around that area at the end of July and almost went in there but ran out of time and had to meet with family so...I don't feel bad for not walking in there.

Woooow...and isn't that a fairly middle to lower class area? When the sale started, the prices on consoles had me going, "What sale?" That was at the Superstition Springs one though. I never made it to the 51st Ave./Bell one. And you know what? I was around that area at the end of July and almost went in there but ran out of time and had to meet with family so...I don't feel bad for not walking in there.
Hmm, do I dare try to peek into the one on 51st/Bell tomorrow as I'm gonna be near the Arrowhead Town Center area.

So someone telling the truth, you tell them to STFU....

Doing a "deal" in a Police station parking lot will not ensure anyones safety, and it might draw the wrong attention as well..
I won't bother to comment on how defensive he got, just because someone suggested using a police station as a meeting place for CL transactions. His reply served to purpose to what that guy mentioned. Hell, the local police stations around here welcome people to use them for CL transactions.

I won't bother to comment on how defensive he got, just because someone suggested using a police station as a meeting place for CL transactions. His reply served to purpose to what that guy mentioned. Hell, the local police stations around here welcome people to use them for CL transactions.
It all depends on the local Police.

I know here the City Police... do not want you to do it. The Sheriff though.. as long as you let them know ahead of time they will even run any serial numbers for you.

Damnit.. I forgot (again) I moved across the state line... OLD Police/Sheriff situation above. New place afaik both are cool with using them (if told in advance)

aren't you the schizophrenic, who thinks the police is out to get him

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/345029-are-people-finally-fed-up-with-corrupt-and-bad-police-across-the-country/

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/344353-sc-cop-shoots-man-in-the-back-as-he-was-running-claims-self-defense-until-cell-phone-video-proved-lies/

I'm still in a little bit of shock that it actually worked. I just bought a New 3DS XL for $100 from BB. The cashier didn't even blink. It was about 9:03pm and I think everyone just wanted to get home. It was the last one in the store, so I wonder if I'm not the 1st person to try this there.

I should have tried for Splatoon and a PS4, but I already have those.

I'm still in a little bit of shock that it actually worked. I just bought a New 3DS XL for $100 from BB. The cashier didn't even blink. It was about 9:03pm and I think everyone just wanted to get home. It was the last one in the store, so I wonder if I'm not the 1st person to try this there.

I should have tried for Splatoon and a PS4, but I already have those.
You got lucky then. The Best Buy I tried already were informed not to price match those K-Mart ads.

Hello everyone, newbie here. I just joined a couple of days ago and saw this topic. I took my chances at 3 Walmarts, and 1 best buy and bought 4 New 3ds's, 8 Splatoons and 3 Mario Party 10's with one of them including the Mario Amiibo. Thanks for the heads up. Congrats to everyone able to snag a deal.

Hello everyone, newbie here. I just joined a couple of days ago and saw this topic. I took my chances at 3 Walmarts, and 1 best buy and bought 4 New 3ds's, 8 Splatoons and 3 Mario Party 10's with one of them including the Mario Amiibo. Thanks for the heads up. Congrats to everyone able to snag a deal.
lol

We don't need new members like you here. Think you meant to sign up at SlickDeals.
I thought my first post was good but I was wrong

Hey guys brand new member here! Love the site and just wanted to say how I "bought" 40 Mario Kart 8 and opened them to take the free download code out. Then I resealed them and returned them! Sold the codes on eBay and am watching the money roll in!!!
I just changed that, btw.

Terrible attempt to troll

3/10

Sheesh, thanks for the warm fuzzy welcome. Trolling is a matter of perception. I was being Genuine. Sorry it got taken out of context.

Sorry if I called out a ignorant person for being ignorant...

Sorry for the dose of truth. :)

Actually yes, I have 8 nieces and nephews so I decided to get their Christmas gifts early. Not for myself or for resale. I already own a Mario and Luigi 25th anniversary collector's edition 3DS XL. What I spend my money on doesn't concern you. Everyone doesn't have to comment on every post do they? Don't hate, congratulate.

Actually yes, I have 8 nieces and nephews so I decided to get their Christmas gifts early. Not for myself or for resale. I already own a Mario and Luigi 25th anniversary collector's edition 3DS XL. What I spend my money on doesn't concern you. Everyone doesn't have to comment on every post do they? Don't hate, congratulate.
I love how the hypocrites are hating on you lol.

Wait till you meet Starmask. His keyboard doesn't have any.

Also lots of salty folks here
Salty in what way? The price match policy was totally abused in a manner that shouldn't have happened. Look at what happened to the bby movers coupon, I'm surprised it lasted s long as it did.

It took years for Walmart, target, and tRU years to have some decent pm policies. I just hope these type of shenanigans don't end it for the rest of us.

bread's done
Back