Kmart OFFICIALLY PHASING OUT GAMES SECTION. 20% Off Games Accessories! Clearance DEALS INSIDE! Post your finds here!

Caffeinefree

CAGiversary!
EDIT - If you see any deals in your local Kmart post it in this thread. Spread the love. This post is no longer being curated so check the last post for YMMV local deals. 

20% OFF SALE ON NOW UNTIL THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. (*Gwarr... Brains...*)

NOTICE

I am no longer affiliated with Kmart, so this isn't getting any future updates. Stay tuned to the latest post in the comment section. THANKS!

I looked into the plan for this fire-sale, and apparently they'll be rolling out clearance deals for the whole section. So 20% off, then 50%, or whatever comes to pass. Looks like different regions are getting different sales sooner than others, as well as higher volume stores getting different sales than lower ones. IF YOU HAVE INSIDE INFO, POST IN THIS THREAD SO CAGS IN YOUR AREA CAN GET A HEADS UP.

TIPS & TRICKS

• All deals are YMMV.
  • Kmart bases it's clearance on how long an item has been in stock. It takes a few weeks, but even the most expensive items go on clearance.
  • ALWAYS ASK SOMEONE TO SCAN AN ITEM FOR YOU. Most older games are on clearance, but have not been labeled as such.
  • Lookout for "penny items", items that have been on shelf for so long they've been clearanced down to 0.01. They won't sell for that, but it's a great way to get GTA IV for $2.00, for example.
  • TAKE A PICTURE AND PRICE MATCH.  For Walmart and other retailers, this is all they need to price match. Make sure the label is clearly visible and don't forget to post it here and share the love. 

Background Info
So I am an employee of Kmart and happened to see this memo pass through my local store. I can't repeat it verbatim, and I couldn't get a picture of the message due to being constantly on camera.

Basically the memo stated the "exit strategy" for the games section in retail stores. Stating that this was in essence brought on by having overstocked shelves (bwa hahaha) and not enough customers. However Kmart.com, Sears.com, and Shopyourwayrewards.com, would continue to sell games and consoles to meet peoples needs. So they're switching focus from retail to online.

The message continued to explain to sell down merch and fill the empty space with other merch. Eventually to clearance out the whole section if it didn't sell down.

So firstly, wait. Just wait and deals will come.

As a customer I have to say that Kmart has had nothing but crappy deals for the past few years. (On games) Focusing on SYWR points and mediocre sales to bring in customers rather than staying competitive with Amazon, Walmart, and pretty much any retailer that will actually give a deep discount. Therefore they have shot themselves in the foot and driven away most business. As a result of that they face what I call "the burger problem".

When Kmart doesn't get games in to sell, they can't sell them. But instead of getting more stock I guess they just say "X person doesn't want Y game". This is just like a survey of a small town saying no one in the town likes burgers, because no one eats burgers. Only to find out there is nowhere to eat burgers in the first place.

Why doesn't Kmart get games to sell? I don't know if Kmart as a whole does this, or just my store, but we don't get games on a truck. We get them in sporadically via UPS, and never before release date. We get limited quantities and then get restocks oddly. Over the holidays I got dozens of calls for titles we wouldn't get in for weeks. During Christmas we only got a handful of Xbox Ones and no PS4s, and since then only one Wii U and one 3DS XL, which may have been returns. In short they could be making money, but there is just some really bad policies in place that leave plenty of customers walking out the door. 

Then on top of that we barely make any money in markup. We buy games basically at cost, given only a few dollars. I've seen games we bought for 58.50 selling for $60. Same for all peripherals, a 20 charger may have costed 12 for us. I was really shocked about this when I first started looking into it. Whereas other sections of the store have a markup that's understandable. 

So now after all this poor management, they're getting rid of what has always been the best part of the electronics section - games. I remember there being something said about "better serving our customer's needs", the problem in the first place was that they didn't serve our needs. For the most part they were poorly stocked, AND THIS HAS KILLED THEM THE MOST.

YMMV DEALS -  Post below if you find a deal in your area! Post here if you find a deal in your area! 

:360: Xbox 360 DEALS  :360:

Select titles 20+% off

:xb1: Xbox One Deals  :xb1:

Select titles 20+% off

:ps3: PS3 DEALS  :ps3:

Select titles 20+% off

:ps4: PS4 DEALS  :ps4:

Select titles 20+% off

:vita: VITA DEALS  :vita:

Select titles 20+% off

:wiiu: Wii U / Wii DEALS  :wii:

20%off

:3ds: 3DS / DS DEALS  :ds:

3DS XL - @190 @ 20%off

[+..••] Accessories DEALS [+..••]

Afterglow Universal Headset - $30

:xb1: Xbox One Charge Kit - $20

Giotek EX-05 Universal Headset - $20

Thanks again. Remember to post your deals in the comment section.  :)

EDIT - KMART CLEARANCE 2.1 thread, added consoles, added tips, condensed backstory down into spoiler, erected a sofa, planted seeds for world domination. Just check the last post for local deals.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure the Kmart employees are hiding stuff as mentioned by other members here. Just placed an order for a dualshock 3, which came out to ~$13, after a shop your way rewards coupon, and had it cancelled saying the item isn't in stock even though it allowed me to add it to the cart and checkout. Thinking the employee was either too lazy to look for the item or just canceled it and took it for themselves (though unlikely, I could see this as a possibility). Yes paranoid:p
From my experience, Kmart's online order/store pickup system is kind of a mess. In the last 6 months, I think I've had it tell me stuff was in stock in the store that wasn't, too, had them ship me an item that was different from what I ordered (different design), and had an issue where I ordered a few shirts for store pickup that were supposed to be in stock just to find that the website inventory keeps track of the items by number but not by color/design (the employee was literally like "Ya, we don't have those, so we randomly picked out some colors/designs in the size you ordered that we thought you might like", and I was like "Uhhh...ya, cancel it").

From my experience, Kmart's online order/store pickup system is kind of a mess. In the last 6 months, I think I've had it tell me stuff was in stock in the store that wasn't, too, had them ship me an item that was different from what I ordered (different design), and had an issue where I ordered a few shirts for store pickup that were supposed to be in stock just to find that the website inventory keeps track of the items by number but not by color/design (the employee was literally like "Ya, we don't have those, so we randomly picked out some colors/designs in the size you ordered that we thought you might like", and I was like "Uhhh...ya, cancel it").
Lmao. Kmart gonna Kmart.

I don't even know why I was so surprised when it happened. I was mainly pissed that I had spent $3 on a $10 off $20 coupon, only to have my order get canceled. I can only assume the coupon is no longer valid, so essentially I wasted $3 (a real tragedy).

I'm still holding out hope that the one or two items I've been eyeing will help make up for it.

Would like confirmation of what the percentage off is before I make another trip to Kmart. Hoping it isn't only like an additional 5% off (hoping for at least 60% off games and 45% off accessories and 25% off consoles).

I had $3 in sywr points so I went to see what they had. I picked up aragorn's quest and the Michael Jackson game for the ps3 for $2 after the points. Not bad...

Wii Fit U Bundle with Meter - $12.50

UFC Xbox One - $10.50

UFC 3 Undisputed Xbox 360 - $3

Might wanna check some of the prices.

Nope. But I did get a copy of Borderlands 2 (Vita) for about $15 after the 50% markdown. I'm wondering if they would have price matched Wal-Mart (which was selling it for $20) and THEN given me the markdown after that, but I kind of doubt it. I also could have gotten a digital copy from a CAG member for $10, but nobody ever accused me of being wise with my money.

Nope. But I did get a copy of Borderlands 2 (Vita) for about $15 after the 50% markdown. I'm wondering if they would have price matched Wal-Mart (which was selling it for $20) and THEN given me the markdown after that, but I kind of doubt it. I also could have gotten a digital copy from a CAG member for $10, but nobody ever accused me of being wise with my money.
Kmart is not supposed to price match anything. But i have got lucky once.

Anyone think it will hit 60 percent this weekend. I Have been eyeing a copy of Sims 4 for PC its @ $25 right now would like it to hit around $20

Kmart is not supposed to price match anything. But i have got lucky once.

Anyone think it will hit 60 percent this weekend. I Have been eyeing a copy of Sims 4 for PC its @ $25 right now would like it to hit around $20
I doubt it's going to hit 60%. Heck, I can see them extending the 50% off.

Also I found out the effective date of the current percentage off is 5/2 - 5/16, for anybody interested/wasn't aware.

The kmart by me is wiped out. Even at 50% the prices are too expensive. The only game they had for next gen console is theif and the price is 59.99 before discount.

local.kmart.com still has the same games at the same price and its now 6am. oh well, maybe ill bite on that sims 4.

allright guess ill go check. thanks guys first time i didnt rely on there online website
Their online site is missing a bunch of stuff, at least for me. When I check the local Kmart site, it shows maybe 2-3 items that are actually in store, whereas the store itself actually has quite a bit of stuff left.

Too bad it doesn't reflect on the site or I'd be using the $10 off $20 Kmart rewards coupons left and right to get this stuff at an ACTUALLY good price.

Just be careful my store decided that 60 was to much and sent all remaining stock back to the big warehouse. So those hoping stores hit 70 may want to just bite. I ended up picking up a lot of stuff on sunday at a few other stores.

Just be careful my store decided that 60 was to much and sent all remaining stock back to the big warehouse. So those hoping stores hit 70 may want to just bite. I ended up picking up a lot of stuff on sunday at a few other stores.
A lot of stuff? What did you get? Even w the %off prices are meh IMO.

Color me shocked.  N Versailles and Latrobe had a few pieces of shovelware left a few weeks back. Latrobe also had a few 2DS systems, but were ringing up full price. :/

Most stores near me already shipping everything back. Even the wii u went bye bye :)

Aww fukk bye. Looks like my local Kmart either shipped back the 2 3DSXL handhelds they had (according to the "local kmart" website), or somebody bought them. Last time I checked they were $105 each. Was waiting for it to hit sub $100 before I bit.

Edit:

Looking at the stie though, there's no trace of ANY games whatsoever (there's not even an option under the drop category search).

My kmart had only a few ms and sony point cards at full price. I will officially have no reason to enter Kmart again. RIP to the old Kmart thread and deals of a few years ago.

My store had a single Wii game on a display of kids DVDs and that's it. The whole store was pretty sad. Nobody goes there because it's right next to a Target that is much nicer. There were a few old people shopping and that was it.

KMart really is ran by a bunch of morons.  Video games was really the only reason I would go into KMart to try and score deals and would occasionally by more stuff, now im in Kmart waay less.  Now Kmart, is this really smart sense to stop selling games??  I think not you bunch of dummies.  My local store is wiped out other than some really crappy games that require the Kinect, and also the Michael Jackson and Michael Phelps games which I wouldn't take if they gave them away.

My local Kmart has a few games left. The newest game still left is Destiny, Far Cry 4 Limited Edition and and Beyond Two Souls. I seen a couple of turtle beach headsets left which I am waiting for a drop for my PC. I could use a spare. Other than that, it's sad really. I miss those old days when Kmart was just as awesome as Sears. Sadly those days are gone. Looks like Target has been my go to for clearance stuff now.

Picked up The Crew for Xbone. $24 and some change after tax. Would have picked up Far Cry 4 at that price. Other than The Crew they had Xbone Destiny and PS4 Unity + shovel ware for PS3 and Wii.

KMart really is ran by a bunch of morons. Video games was really the only reason I would go into KMart to try and score deals and would occasionally by more stuff, now im in Kmart waay less. Now Kmart, is this really smart sense to stop selling games?? I think not you bunch of dummies. My local store is wiped out other than some really crappy games that require the Kinect, and also the Michael Jackson and Michael Phelps games which I wouldn't take if they gave them away.
Actually from what I've heard it's run by an evil genius similar to Mitt Romney - the kind of financial supervillain who figures out how to make huge personal profit from intentionally driving a company into the ground.

KMart really is ran by a bunch of morons. Video games was really the only reason I would go into KMart to try and score deals and would occasionally by more stuff, now im in Kmart waay less. Now Kmart, is this really smart sense to stop selling games?? I think not you bunch of dummies. My local store is wiped out other than some really crappy games that require the Kinect, and also the Michael Jackson and Michael Phelps games which I wouldn't take if they gave them away.
I love when people think they individually matter.

Well passed by K-Mart for something else.. went to see what VG they had. I was surprised to see an Xbox One Halo MCC. It was 22.80$! Cheaper then Expertzone, So I grabbed it. :)

[quote name="Darby27" post="12718051" timestamp="1433092822"]70% now for games.

50% for accessories

End date for this tier is 6/20[/quote]
Thanks for the update!

I think I'll swing by the store tomorrow and take a peak.

I just got a Pink 3DS XL for $78. The Kmart's that have got rid of thier Electronics lock up cases are now storing those items in one of the "My Golfer" cages in the front of the store. Might be a good location to check on for discounted consoles and controllers.

bread's done
Back