KMART Weekly Ad 6/3 - 6/9: 160GB PS3 $249.99 + $50 Gaming coupon

JP73

CAGiversary!
:360: XBOX Live Gold 3 Month Card $14.99
:ps3: PS3 Black Controller $39.99

:ps3: 160GB PS3 $249.99 with $50 Gaming Coupon with purchase
:360: 4GB XBOX 360 $199.99 with $25 Gaming Coupon with purchase
:ds: Nintendo DSi $99.99 with $10 Gaming Coupon with purchase

Buy One Get One 50% off on Assorted Clearance titles( Bayonetta, Singularity, and RockBand Green Day are pictured, though no prices are given. Guessing this will be a crapshoot)

Also, one general deal not specific to to video games but applicable to them: Get A Free $5 Award Card(Gift Card) When you Spend $50 or More In Store or Online

So that's it. As always, for the coupon deals you have to be a SYWR member, which is free to sign up for.

Im betting cold hard cash that ps3's price drop will be announced at e3, by $50. So here's early access to that I suppose.

I envy anyone looking to buy a ps3 for the first time...such an amazing library for cheap

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Im betting cold hard cash that ps3's price drop will be announced at e3, by $50. So here's early access to that I suppose.

I envy anyone looking to buy a ps3 for the first time...such an amazing library for cheap[/QUOTE]

You're right about that. I have maybe ~50 games for the PS3, and I've owned it since '08. As of right now, I play it more than my gaming PC, Xbox 360.

my ps3 from 07 got the ylod so im looking to get a deal on one Do you guys think their might be better deals soon after the price cut??

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Im betting cold hard cash that ps3's price drop will be announced at e3, by $50. So here's early access to that I suppose.

I envy anyone looking to buy a ps3 for the first time...such an amazing library for cheap[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. The main reason being the recent release of the MW3 Bundle for 299. You don't release a console 2 weeks before cutting price. Cause then you have a bunch of pissed off people that paid 300 and now 2 weeks later it's at 250. You'd be forced from a Consumer relations perspective to give those people some sort of credit/refund, kinda like what happened with the 3DS

I wonder if the PS3 price drops to $200, will Kmart also drop their price to $200 + get the $50 Gaming coupon on top of that?

[quote name='zeldaking']I wonder if the PS3 price drops to $200, will Kmart also drop their price to $200 + get the $50 Gaming coupon on top of that?[/QUOTE]

That was an interesting article. Thanks for posting. That would be an insane deal. Use the coupon for a new game or controller. Whatever floats your boat.

[quote name='JP73']I doubt it. The main reason being the recent release of the MW3 Bundle for 299. You don't release a console 2 weeks before cutting price. Cause then you have a bunch of pissed off people that paid 300 and now 2 weeks later it's at 250. You'd be forced from a Consumer relations perspective to give those people some sort of credit/refund, kinda like what happened with the 3DS[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm with ya on this one. But, we'll see I guess..

Agreed. I just bought one about 3 weeks ago, and I love it! I haven't even bought any of the first party titles that I want. I am just playing games I haven't been able to run on PC or Wii. :)

First game I got with it was technically Sports Champions, as that was the bundle I bought, with a reduced price. I never played it, lol, but wanted the move controller. First real game I bought was Batman: AA...oh my, so glorious. Finished that game, truly amazing!

I next bought Bioshock, and Red Dead. Both of those games are awesome, as well, and I'm having a blast switching between the two of them. Anyway, lol, I would say pick up a PS3. Great system!

Edit: Almost forgot, Costume Quest is killer, as well! Very nice RPG, and unique setting. Very cool little game. Over much too soon, though.

Picked up the controller.
tfdsdcvf
Thanks OP.

[quote name='spikyhunter3']would best buy price match this PS3 deal?[/QUOTE]

Probably not anymore as I'd imagine they would treat this coupon as a gift card.

PS3 price drop at E3 is highly unlikely. 360 price drop on anything but 4GB is also unlikely. There's a less than 50% chance that the 4GB could see a drop to $179, but I am leaning against it happening at E3. I think we'll see slight drops on both systems right before the holidays, likely just before the release date of the Wii U.

[quote name='zeldaking']I wonder if the PS3 price drops to $200, will Kmart also drop their price to $200 + get the $50 Gaming coupon on top of that?[/QUOTE]

probally not cause if a price drop does happen it will probally start JUNE 10 or later

I know if it would drop weds i would drive across town and grab a ps3 in a second for 199 + 50 gift card

I bought about 15 different $4-$10 clearance games and there were no additional discounts. I'm guessing the B1G1 is only on those pictured titles.

My Kmart told me that the ad meant buy 1 regular priced game get 1 clearance one half off, not buy 1 clearance game and get the second 50% off, which is how I interpreted the ad.

So I am a Shop Your Way Rewards member, but I've never used it before, and rarely shop at K-mart. Me and my best friends wife are wanting to get him a PS3 for his birthday, so how would I go about getting the $50 coupon, so I can put it towards a copy of MLB 12: The Show? Sorry, I haven't ever done this before. Thanks!

[quote name='slidecage']probally not cause if a price drop does happen it will probally start JUNE 10 or later

I know if it would drop weds i would drive across town and grab a ps3 in a second for 199 + 50 gift card[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that is why Sony's presser is so late on Tuesday so they can notify retailers of a potential price drop to be effective on Wednesday (soon after their presentation). We can only hope!

And the PS+ Store update should be BIG considering the wait.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']So I am a Shop Your Way Rewards member, but I've never used it before, and rarely shop at K-mart. Me and my best friends wife are wanting to get him a PS3 for his birthday, so how would I go about getting the $50 coupon, so I can put it towards a copy of MLB 12: The Show? Sorry, I haven't ever done this before. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Make sure your Shop Your Way Rewards card is registered to the online site. I think this is the website: http://www.shopyourway.com/rewards.

Now go to the store and make sure to present your Shop Your War Rewards card when you pay for the item. You also have to make sure you are within the date the deal is active. So basically buy the PS3 between 6/3 and 6/9. If you bought the PS3 and used your Shop Your War Rewards card during the purchase, a gaming coupon should print one of the receipts (one receipt will just be your transaction receipt and then another receipt will print which will say "$50 Gaming Coupon").

Hope that helps!

[quote name='D.Choy']Make sure your Shop Your Way Rewards card is registered to the online site. I think this is the website: http://www.shopyourway.com/rewards.

Now go to the store and make sure to present your Shop Your War Rewards card when you pay for the item. You also have to make sure you are within the date the deal is active. So basically buy the PS3 between 6/3 and 6/9. If you bought the PS3 and used your Shop Your War Rewards card during the purchase, a gaming coupon should print one of the receipts (one receipt will just be your transaction receipt and then another receipt will print which will say "$50 Gaming Coupon").

Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

Thanks! Is there anyway to buy it online, to avoid sales tax?

If you're dead set on buying The Show, just go to Target. They are giving away a free copy of the Show with a 160 GB ps3. So you won't have to pay the additional 10 bucks.

[quote name='zeldaking']I wonder if that is why Sony's presser is so late on Tuesday so they can notify retailers of a potential price drop to be effective on Wednesday (soon after their presentation). We can only hope!

And the PS+ Store update should be BIG considering the wait.[/QUOTE]

So yo don't miss it, the Sony press conference is today at 6PM PST.

[quote name='Sway']So yo don't miss it, the Sony press conference is today at 6PM PST.[/QUOTE]

sony press conference =

sony good nintendo bad.. then the dude goes over and starts kicking all of nintendo booths LOL

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Thanks! Is there anyway to buy it online, to avoid sales tax?[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of the deals are for in-store only. Unless it explicitly states it can be bought online then you can probably get the deal online; I don't think that this is the case for this particular deal. So the only way to avoid sales tax is if you live in a state that doesn't have sales tax... like me :p

no price drop announcements only a new white vita bundle it seems, also has anyone been able to get the buy 1 get 1 50% off clearance games at kmart to work?? seems it works on nothing..

[quote name='zeldaking']no price cut for the PS3 or Xbox 360 at E3[/QUOTE]

too freaking bad i couldnt get gamestop to match this.. got 240 credit there

I bought some clearance games and didn't get buy 1 get 50% off, but they came way less than marked.

I got Lucha Libre X360 ($13.53) and Singularity X360 ($12.99) and they were $6 each.

I went back and got Hotel Dusk DS ($12.99) and Qubed X360 ($10.53) and they were both $4.

Ok, I spoke with kmart corporate about this and they told me that they usually don't do discounts on top of the clearance price. I asked the rep to explain the ad to me and they could not even explain the ad to me. I spent about 15 min explaining the ad to them and what was happening with clearance games not ringing up in the system.I encourage everyone from the site to call and mass complain to kmart. You can reach a rep quickly by calling 1-866-562-7848 and pressing 4 or 6.

[quote name='SaraAB']Ok, I spoke with kmart corporate about this and they told me that they usually don't do discounts on top of the clearance price. I asked the rep to explain the ad to me and they could not even explain the ad to me. I spent about 15 min explaining the ad to them and what was happening with clearance games not ringing up in the system.I encourage everyone from the site to call and mass complain to kmart. You can reach a rep quickly by calling 1-866-562-7848 and pressing 4 or 6.[/QUOTE]

This is why I miss Josh and his customer friendly team.

No kidding. Has anyone even set foot in a Kmart with the intent to purchase a videogame since Josh left? I was in there the other day to get cheap sunglasses, and to buy a new propane grill, but I used to go in monthly to checkout videogames. Their shelves in that section are sparcely stocked. Sad.

The way the clearance worked for me was this. It was buy one get one half off clearance games that's price ended in .00. So $6.00 yes, $6.99 no.

I got 4 games for $15 bucks. All music games though. They had some Move games as well.

Does anyone know if the gaming coupons work right away? I was thinking about putting the $50 coupon from the ps3 towards the Star Wars bundle.

There is a fantastic deal on vitamins this week: Buy 1 get 1 free. I got a ton of B12, Vitamin E, Ginko Biloba, Omega 6, etc.

[quote name='A_Faceless_Name']The way the clearance worked for me was this. It was buy one get one half off clearance games that's price ended in .00. So $6.00 yes, $6.99 no.

I got 4 games for $15 bucks. All music games though. They had some Move games as well.[/QUOTE]

Both of the games I had, had prices that ended in 00, they also had clearance stickers on them that matched the price that rang up in the register. Still no deal for me.

bread's done
Back