Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']one of my favorite moments of any game ever is the mission in guerilla where you have to take down that 6-7 story building that has the executives meeting inside without them noticing.

It took me so many tries to finally get it just right where you saw all those little indicators of the executives blink off one by one and the entire thing come crumbling down.

I cannot understand what made volition think that what people wanted from the franchise was more action and shooting and less destruction puzzle gameplay. Everyone I know who played that game put it on Easy because the shooting and action was so awful that it took away from the fun stuff in the game.

I didn't like any of the other red faction games though so maybe this is more normal. Kinda want to find a cheap copy of guerilla to re-play.[/QUOTE]

I think sears has it for $14 and remember to check out gohastings, you might be able to get a used copy cheap during one or their promos

[quote name='jaredstorm']It's sad to hear that Armageddon is shitty, that magnet gun is so great! Needless to say, I'm not surprised at the terrible reviews. Making the game straight and narrow was a bad idea.[/QUOTE]

In what universe is a 79 average shitty and terrible? Most reviews have it at at least an 8 with only the sites that do a 5-point scale and giving it a 3 bringing it down. Hell even Guerilla "only" averaged around an 85 so that's a pretty strange scale you're working with where six points is the difference between awesome and shitty. It was strange that they departed from the design of Guerilla, but this is how the series started and I'm okay with them re-visiting that.

Personally I hardly ever trust reviews but I'm only bringing up this argument since everyone seems to be talking about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to try the Red Faction demo tomorrow. I loved the first two games, hated Guerrilla (nothing against that game, just the hoards of respawning enemies every time I tried to take down a building).

After reading some reviews, this game sounds right up my alley and at $40, it's a must buy (considering I enjoy the demo).

[quote name='Interfeci']Dang. Only thing that had me interested was the possibility of an awesome offline co-op experience. Not too many games like that anymore. Now all people you know need their own console. Tsk.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? The game does have offline co-op :) It's quite fun with a friend

I didn't realize RF: Armageddon MP was limited to a 4 player horde mode :cry: The Siege mode in Guerilla was probably the most MP fun I've had this generation.

Without MP, I'll just wait until a sub $15 price point. I'll spend my $20 coupon on something else.

[quote name='chriscolbert']In what universe is a 79 average shitty and terrible? Most reviews have it at at least an 8 with only the sites that do a 5-point scale and giving it a 3 bringing it down. He'll even Guerilla "only" averaged around an 85 so that's a pretty strange scale you're working with where six points is the difference between awesome and shitty. It was strange that they departed from the design of Guerilla, but this is how the series started and I'm okay with them re-visiting that.

Personally I hardly ever trust reviews but I'm only bringing up this argument since everyone seems to be talking about them.[/QUOTE]

its not about the scores. read the reviews. they are all saying that the elements that made the first game good are removed.

im sure its an okay but generic 3rd person shooter. thats just not what i or many others was looking for in a sequel to guerilla.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Both of you missed the fact that "LOL" = indicator of sarcasm. It's a great deal for people who can take advantage of it. I simply felt like posting something that was different from 10,000 pages in a row of everybody saying the exact same phrase which annoyed me. If instead, I had launched into a rant about how I don't believe in funerals, now that would have been trolling. But I simply chose to post a sarcastic remark to break up the monotony of the long line of similar posts.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how that made sense as sarcasm, but whatever.

[quote name='Dynamic3']Does Infamous 2 include the bonuses such as the Reaper skin like the other retailers?[/QUOTE]

These bonuses aren't in the box so I am guessing not, but of course I could be wrong. Lamestop's print on the receipt.

[quote name='Magic_Knight']Does anyone know what the deal is for Red Faction Armageddon? Does the game come with the free psn game like Amazon?[/QUOTE]

No need to worry about the PSN/XBLA game its horrible!! lol

I did wonder on the InFamous skins that come with the other retailer pre-orders I heard they were available on all first print copies but i dont know :(

[quote name='kennedykougar']No need to worry about the PSN/XBLA game its horrible!! lol

I did wonder on the InFamous skins that come with the other retailer pre-orders I heard they were available on all first print copies but i dont know :([/QUOTE]

There is nothing on the retail boxes notating the bonuses are in the box(except the uncharted beta), Ive seen the ones at gamestop, and there are pictures of the box in the target thread and nothing on those either.

[quote name='Katsumi87']What do you mean? The game does have offline co-op :) It's quite fun with a friend[/QUOTE]

Just read that it had shortcomings and wasn't too long. While that's cool, I don't think it's $45 cool.

[quote name='Interfeci']Just read that it had shortcomings and wasn't too long. While that's cool, I don't think it's $45 cool.[/QUOTE]

Oh.. Yeah, it's around a 7.5 out of 10 for me. It is really fun with friends though, especially when you can create your own "maps" and fight through them together :) Or browse the ones available on Xbox live. I've played about 2 hours and I'm still in chapter 1, but that's because I like to explore and not rush

[quote name='jer7583']its not about the scores. read the reviews. they are all saying that the elements that made the first game good are removed.[/QUOTE]

exactly! Why would they do away with the open world element? I loved that in Guerrilla and the vehicles too.

[quote name='jaredstorm']exactly! Why would they do away with the open world element? I loved that in Guerrilla and the vehicles too.[/QUOTE]

Well the original two red faction games on the PS2 were actually linear FPS games. Guerrilla was the first real open world Red Faction game so I am not surprised they went the more linear action route. Besides, they have Saints Row 3 coming out, so maybe they just don't want to only make open world type games.

For those who are interested, Lens of Truth did a screenshot analysis of Hunted: Demon's Forge. Both the 360 and PS3 versions look almost identical. As to whether or not people still want to buy the game, that's another matter altogether.

I fell asleep watching the quick look of Hunted on Giant Bomb, so there's that.

quick looks are usually between 20-60 minutes.

No reason to have to watch the whole thing if it doesn't interest you but I really like them just going in cold and playing the game and talking about it.

I think it's much better than a prepared demo or trailer that the publisher puts out for seeing what a game is about and if it's going to grab your attention at first glance, which most good games SHOULD be trying to do..

I got 2 of those 20 dollar coupon from la noire, I am wondering what would be the cheapest way to buy 2 x 1600 point as I can recall, I CAN'T use the 20 dollar coupon on the 19.99 xbl card without filler

[quote name='Xellos2099']I got 2 of those 20 dollar coupon from la noire, I am wondering what would be the cheapest way to buy 2 x 1600 point as I can recall, I CAN'T use the 20 dollar coupon on the 19.99 xbl card without filler[/QUOTE]

I think if you're buying 2 points cards and you have 2 coupons, you just need to find the cheapest gaming-related item you can as a filler. I think the cheapest gaming fillers I've seen at my Kmart were some $4.99 items like DS Styluses and cartridge cases.

[quote name='Xellos2099']I got 2 of those 20 dollar coupon from la noire, I am wondering what would be the cheapest way to buy 2 x 1600 point as I can recall, I CAN'T use the 20 dollar coupon on the 19.99 xbl card without filler[/QUOTE]

funny thing is I use the xbla cards as the filler. Sell it on CAG for a $4 loss and call it day. I keep looking for Zenses as filler but can never find it.

You can also try AC/DC live if you don't already have it. You can import songs to your hard drive and trade it back into BB for $3.

[quote name='Enuf']Any news on the "special" PS3 offer for the week of June 5. I was thinking price drop since E3 is June 7-9.[/QUOTE]

We're doing if you buy the PS3 Black Ops Bundle that comes with Black Ops and all the DLC you get Modern Warfare 2 for PS3 free. I'll try to post all the deals for next week tomorrow.

Things are really hectic this week with Josh's family tragedy and trying to get ahead of things by a week since we'll be out for E3.

[quote name='Enuf']Any news on the "special" PS3 offer for the week of June 5. I was thinking price drop since E3 is June 7-9.[/QUOTE]

I have the flyer. It's advertising free MW2 with purchase of black ops bundle. I'm not sure if that is THE DEAL or if josh is supplementing it.

Oh yeah.. that list that as a $49.99 value....

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']We're doing if you buy the PS3 Black Ops Bundle that comes with Black Ops and all the DLC you get Modern Warfare 2 for PS3 free. I'll try to post all the deals for next week tomorrow.

Things are really hectic this week with Josh's family tragedy and trying to get ahead of things by a week since we'll be out for E3.[/QUOTE]

I think he was talking about the special SYWR program only offer where certain people get picked.

Would be awesome if that stacked with what you said earlier.

Others of note:

Get Red Dead for $14.99 when you buy LA Noire (either system)

Save $10 on PS3 greats (ad shows GOW3, Uncharted 2 GOTY, Heavy Rain all for $19.99; I'm not sure if it applies to other greatest hits titles)

Dragon Age 2, Shift 2 and Crysis are all advertised at $39.99

Get infamous for 50% off when you buy infamous 2

and the fathers day PSP bundle is $159.99

they won't be carrying SSF4 AE. apparently stock is still very high on the disc version of Super.

Reasonable, considering you can choose to buy the new characters or not with the old version and still get the gameplay upgrades.

[quote name='GBAstar']Others of note:

Get Red Dead for $14.99 when you buy LA Noire (either system)

Save $10 on PS3 greats (ad shows GOW3, Uncharted 2 GOTY, Heavy Rain all for $19.99; I'm not sure if it applies to other greatest hits titles)

Dragon Age 2, Shift 2 and Crysis are all advertised at $39.99

Get infamous for 50% off when you buy infamous 2

and the fathers day PSP bundle is $159.99[/QUOTE]FYI, I don't think that Infamous offer will still be in effect since Josh altered the original deal due to Sony offering the first Infamous for free to PSN users as part of their "Welcome Back" promotion. The ad was already printed beforehand, so the current $20 coupon w/ Infamous 2 offer wouldn't be there.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']We're doing if you buy the PS3 Black Ops Bundle that comes with Black Ops and all the DLC you get Modern Warfare 2 for PS3 free. I'll try to post all the deals for next week tomorrow.
Things are really hectic this week with Josh's family tragedy and trying to get ahead of things by a week since we'll be out for E3.[/QUOTE]

1st & foremost condolences

Unfortunately, not a deal for me already have BLOPS & I never buy DLC. I just need a 2nd PS3 w/larger HD been saving credit/gc for it & $200 or $250 w/value is my sweet spot.

Wasn't there suppossed to be a discount on Dirt 3 after release? i searched the thread and didn't find anything.. does anyone remember josh saying that?

[quote name='chriscolbert']In what universe is a 79 average shitty and terrible? Most reviews have it at at least an 8 with only the sites that do a 5-point scale and giving it a 3 bringing it down. .[/QUOTE]

If you actually read the reviews, there is a pretty consistent disparity between the score and the text of the article. Most found it fun but disappointingly linear, especially after how great Guerrilla was.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I always get burned by the 45 sec deal :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bickle']If you actually read the reviews, there is a pretty consistent disparity between the score and the text of the article. Most found it fun but disappointingly linear, especially after how great Guerrilla was.[/QUOTE]

I found the demo to be too linear as well. Took away a lot of what made Guerrilla great.

[quote name='jwizzle5786']So, I'm wondering, is Kmart going to get Hero editions of inFamous 2? Sorry if this has been answered before.[/QUOTE]

limited amounts, in limited stores --- u can email stock boy to find out what stores (if any) near you are getting them.

[quote name='jer7583']Wasn't there suppossed to be a discount on Dirt 3 after release? i searched the thread and didn't find anything.. does anyone remember josh saying that?[/QUOTE]

The week beginning 6-12 is going to have some great software sales, we're hitting up a lot of the latest releases...Dirt 3 will be in there.

Josh or I will probably be revealing soon.

ok guys, I just updated the OP with next week's deals but they are not official until Stock Boy gets a chance to vet them. You'll know when it's official when my note and the spoiler are gone.

[quote name='confoosious']ok guys, I just updated the OP with next week's deals but they are not official until Stock Boy gets a chance to vet them. You'll know when it's official when my note and the spoiler are gone.[/QUOTE]

Although not official, it brings smile for me.

I am so tempted to get I2 from kmart, but agh. I'm still torn. Honestly, it will depend on any change in Amazon's offering. If none, I'll buy kmart for sure.

I will buy a game from kmart when 1)They are the best retail or 2)When it makes more sense to buy from Josh and support him/them. As of now, it's just a matter of time when I make the plunge.

[/QUOTE]

With all due respect -- you know I appreciate all the work you guys do and the great deals you've put together -- but Josh has been hinting at this as being an epic deal that would beat anything else that's been in the market all summer. And now the deal is revealed as just buy a console bundle at MSRP, get a two-year-old game (that most people who want, already have) for free? If that's it, I'll be sitting this one out. Now, if the deal is sweetened with a not-yet-announced coupon and/or SYWR offer, plus an E3 price drop, then maybe. But there's no way that including a copy of MW2 beats even a $50 gift card offer, let alone these $100 coupon deals. Just my two cents, I hope you guys surprise me with a sweetened pot next week!

[quote name='DJP519']With all due respect -- you know I appreciate all the work you guys do and the great deals you've put together -- but Josh has been hinting at this as being an epic deal that would beat anything else that's been in the market all summer. And now the deal is revealed as just buy a console bundle at MSRP, get a two-year-old game (that most people who want, already have) for free? If that's it, I'll be sitting this one out. Now, if the deal is sweetened with a not-yet-announced coupon and/or SYWR offer, plus an E3 price drop, then maybe. But there's no way that including a copy of MW2 beats even a $50 gift card offer, let alone these $100 coupon deals. Just my two cents, I hope you guys surprise me with a sweetened pot next week![/QUOTE]

Yeah mw2 has been

[quote name='DJP519']With all due respect -- you know I appreciate all the work you guys do and the great deals you've put together -- but Josh has been hinting at this as being an epic deal that would beat anything else that's been in the market all summer. And now the deal is revealed as just buy a console bundle at MSRP, get a two-year-old game (that most people who want, already have) for free? If that's it, I'll be sitting this one out. Now, if the deal is sweetened with a not-yet-announced coupon and/or SYWR offer, plus an E3 price drop, then maybe. But there's no way that including a copy of MW2 beats even a $50 gift card offer, let alone these $100 coupon deals. Just my two cents, I hope you guys surprise me with a sweetened pot next week![/QUOTE]

I agree that it is not the world's greatest deal, but Josh did not say anything about it beating all the other deals this summer. When people were getting the $100 coupon from Gamestop, he told everyone his offer was nothing close to that. When Target had their sale/mistake last week, he said if you can do it, go to Target immediately.

You have to work with Josh a bit, he's operating on a much different scale than other large retailers. With his resources and available deals with studios he is doing just fine drawing people in. Their own staff may be holding them back but by himself he's done better than alot of others in his own position have. So, going by that metric, solid deal and thanks Josh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back