Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Same time frame and discount as portal[/QUOTE]

Sweet so worth it to wait for Shadows of the Damned release week to pick up Alice. Such an awesome Birthday gift to myself! Thank you Josh and team ^_^

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's just because my schedule has been a little tied up with other things. You all mean a lot to me, I just have not been in a good place.[/QUOTE]

Josh, there is no need to respond to that whiny asshole.

I'm sort of disgusted by the reactions on this thread to "only" getting a $15 coupon. Maybe you should go buy Alice at Gamestop, where your purchase gets you a free sales pitch for another game!

I agree with you there radioactive. I don't understand the negative reactions. I mean there could of been no offer with the game but instead they are getting a 15 dollar coupon which is still nice. I mean I am not getting that game but I still think its a good offer. Obviously if you think its not a good deal, you can always wait till the game drops in price but those who want it on day 1, well they get 15 dollars back basically.

Alice Madness Return with 15 dollar coupon, SOLD. tbh, I just saw the trailer just today and I rryked it. I've heard of the game before, but I just never bothered looking. Man, I'm totally MISSING OUT! Who's the genius behind this game? How could you not get this on the first day? How could you not like murdering the what you might call it with your murderous toys? The bloody knife combat is simply beautiful to look at. It even comes with the original game in HD! That's a total steal!

[quote name='SeanTM22']My wish for Bulletstorm at $30 comes true!

I've heard that there is not much replay value but I think it will be fun for that price.

I have some planning to do since I want Duke, Alice, Dirt (again), and Dead Space[/QUOTE]

You'll get a good 20 hours or so out of Bulletstorm. About 7-8 hours for a first playthrough, a few extra hours going back into chapters to do missable achievements, 5 hours or so on Echoes, and then some on the multiplayer.

[quote name='jc48573']Alice Madness Return with 15 dollar coupon, SOLD. tbh, I just saw the trailer just today and I rryked it. I've heard of the game before, but I just never bothered looking. Man, I'm totally MISSING OUT! Who's the genius behind this game? How could you not get this on the first day? How could you not like murdering the what you might call it with your murderous toys? The bloody knife combat is simply beautiful to look at. It even comes with the original game in HD! That's a total steal![/QUOTE]

I still don't think it's worth $60 for me, so I hope the post-release offer they are talking about is the week after release for $40. That would be great.

Anyone know what the Red Faction deal will be? Is it $15 coupon?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Same time frame and discount as portal[/QUOTE]

Damn, amazing deal right there. Definitely waiting for that.

[quote name='atlantis']We deserve it because some of us have diligently followed Kmart since the deals first started. There are of course a few parasites ordering off of Amazon but this website is analogous to a den of moneygrubbing vipers so that's just expected.[/QUOTE]

All you deserve is to be added to my ignore list. Have you any common decency to understand what Josh is going through? I'm sure if circumstances were different, Josh and/or Stockboy would have had that list posted on Wednesday as planned.....

Thanks for posting the deals Stockboy. I can't wait to see the week after as I want to pick up some 3DS games along with Ocarina ;)

[quote name='Joe Fongul']All you deserve is to be added to my ignore list. Have you any common decency to understand what Josh is going through? I'm sure if circumstances were different, Josh and/or Stockboy would have had that list posted on Wednesday as planned.....

Thanks for posting the deals Stockboy. I can't wait to see the week after as I want to pick up some 3DS games along with Ocarina ;)[/QUOTE]

goes out for a cigarette.

Sweet, I can totally do Alice for $34.99 (LOL, not how I meant it to sound), since I don't really care about the free soundtrack from Amazon.

I'd better check out the Duke demo after hearing all this naysay...

Stupid question, but can the 20$ gaming coupons be used for preorders? I want to get NCAA 12, but it comes out 7/12. My coupon expires 7/2. I went to the store and customer service told me they didnt do preorders for that yet, and wasnt sure if it would work, but Kmart where I live is pretty sad...

If not I can still combine it with Bulletstorm/Dead Space 2 next week to get them for 9.99, right?

Thanks!

[quote name='AntiCommie']Stupid question, but can the 20$ gaming coupons be used for preorders? I want to get NCAA 12, but it comes out 7/12. My coupon expires 7/2. I went to the store and customer service told me they didnt do preorders for that yet, and wasnt sure if it would work, but Kmart where I live is pretty sad...

If not I can still combine it with Bulletstorm/Dead Space 2 next week to get them for 9.99, right?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
No on the preorder and yes on the BS/DS deals.

I have a question about SYWR points. I have 25 dollars worth from Black Ops. I'm thinking of using that toward Heavy Rain at 19.99. Would the amount taken off be 19.99 or 19.99 + tax? I remember there being some discussion awhile ago that SYWR took off the amount before tax, like coupons, but I don't remember if it was confirmed.

[quote name='Crass']I have a question about SYWR points. I have 25 dollars worth from Black Ops. I'm thinking of using that toward Heavy Rain at 19.99. Would the amount taken off be 19.99 or 19.99 + tax? I remember there being some discussion awhile ago that SYWR took off the amount before tax, like coupons, but I don't remember if it was confirmed.[/QUOTE]
How does it matter? You are going to use your points, no matter what.

[quote name='AntiCommie']Stupid question, but can the 20$ gaming coupons be used for preorders? I want to get NCAA 12, but it comes out 7/12. My coupon expires 7/2. I went to the store and customer service told me they didnt do preorders for that yet, and wasnt sure if it would work, but Kmart where I live is pretty sad...

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Kmart doesn't do preorders

[quote name='CoDWaPeace']How does it matter? You are going to use your points, no matter what.[/QUOTE]

I think it's a question of if tax would be applied to the $19.99, which I believe usually not, but it varies state-by-state.

[quote name='CoDWaPeace']How does it matter? You are going to use your points, no matter what.[/QUOTE]

If it only takes off 19.99, it will be basically equal to Amazon when/if they match. If not, then I'll probably wait for a Kmart deal that is better than Amazon rather than equal to or less than, after tax and gas.

On Kmart's website there is a listing for the PC version of Alice. Does the mentioned Alice deal apply to the PC version?

[quote name='The_ZZ']I still don't think it's worth $60 for me, so I hope the post-release offer they are talking about is the week after release for $40. That would be great.

Anyone know what the Red Faction deal will be? Is it $15 coupon?[/QUOTE]

IF i remember right there is no coupon for Red Faction. Only that it will be on sale the week after its out.

[quote name='Crass']I have a question about SYWR points. I have 25 dollars worth from Black Ops. I'm thinking of using that toward Heavy Rain at 19.99. Would the amount taken off be 19.99 or 19.99 + tax? I remember there being some discussion awhile ago that SYWR took off the amount before tax, like coupons, but I don't remember if it was confirmed.[/QUOTE]

I believe you're charged tax on the full amount when using SYWR points and on the discounted amount when using gaming coupons. So you would pay tax on $19.99. If you were using say a $15 gaming coupon, you would only be charged tax on $4.99.

I'm sure if I'm wrong and it's vice versa someone will correct me, but as far as I know this is how it works.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Sweet, I can totally do Alice for $34.99 (LOL, not how I meant it to sound), since I don't really care about the free soundtrack from Amazon.

I'd better check out the Duke demo after hearing all this naysay...[/QUOTE]

Guess I will wait 2 weeks to get Alice then, that price is excellent.

[quote name='Magic_Knight']Guess I will wait 2 weeks to get Alice then, that price is excellent.[/QUOTE]

Is that price official? Or is it with a coupon or something? I'd like to use this $20 coupon I got on it if the price is official. :)

[quote name='dino88']I believe you're charged tax on the full amount when using SYWR points and on the discounted amount when using gaming coupons. So you would pay tax on $19.99. If you were using say a $15 gaming coupon, you would only be charged tax on $4.99.

I'm sure if I'm wrong and it's vice versa someone will correct me, but as far as I know this is how it works.[/QUOTE]

thats wat i think happens --- i've seen it happen most of the time (my own experience)

[quote name='advanced']Is that price official? Or is it with a coupon or something? I'd like to use this $20 coupon I got on it if the price is official. :)[/QUOTE]

josh said same time frame and same discount as portal 2, so official lol

[quote name='advanced']Is that price official? Or is it with a coupon or something? I'd like to use this $20 coupon I got on it if the price is official. :)[/QUOTE]

josh said same time frame and same discount as portal 2, so official lol

[quote name='dino88']I believe you're charged tax on the full amount when using SYWR points and on the discounted amount when using gaming coupons. So you would pay tax on $19.99. If you were using say a $15 gaming coupon, you would only be charged tax on $4.99.

I'm sure if I'm wrong and it's vice versa someone will correct me, but as far as I know this is how it works.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I thought it might be that way. If Amazon doesn't match, I'll probably get it from Kmart later in the week or wait till another drop.

Oh come on people quit complaining, $15 GC is way better than most retailers, if the offer doesnt do it for you, then pass and shut up.

blah blah blah you been a loyal customer since the deals started blah blah blah, really? Whats with people and these blind selfish ridiculous sense of entitlement? monsters! thats what you create when you do something nice for someone anymore.

I myself will have a $20 from I2 so as I see it I'll get Alice (+$15 coupon) for $39.99 and KZ3 for $24.99 (hoping to get the $15 from hunted mail to me by then >.

Reviews will tell if i can wait on alice.. I hope its a great game.

[quote name='jer7583']Reviews will tell if i can wait on alice.. I hope its a great game.[/QUOTE]

If it matters, Official PlayStation Magazine gave it a 5/10.

[quote name='knightsdwn']If it matters, Official PlayStation Magazine gave it a 5/10.[/QUOTE]

Wow... I guess we know who isn't on EA's payroll. Was there an overwhelming reason they gave it such a bad score? I agree it doesn't matter but that just seems odd.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Wow... I guess we know who isn't on EA's payroll. Was there an overwhelming reason they gave it such a bad score? I agree it doesn't matter but that just seems odd.[/QUOTE]

The reviewers main gripe seems to be the lackluster platforming and the poor pacing. The art style is highly praised however.

I'm no fan of the reviewer (Greg Orlando) as he sounds like a pompous prick with a thesaurus in all of his articles. So yeah, take anything this guy says with a grain of salt.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Wow. Lots of pretty good deals the next two weeks.

-I think my location still has Dead Space 2 limited edition (the regular version that includes the full version of Extraction on PS3), so if I get that for $29.99 I'll be a happy camper.

-Bulletstorm is also a nice price, man that game dropped like a rock in a hurry.
-Glad I didn't get Dirt 2 on release, but even at $39.99. I don't know.
-Tomb Raider is the same thing, good deal but on these "compilations" I've been holding out for the $19.99 prices.

If my location doesn't have the limited edition of DS2, I might get one of the other mentions. Lots of good deals.[/QUOTE]

All PS3 versions of Dead Space 2 are 'limited'.

Yea, OPM is pretty bottom of the barrel as far as reviews. They rarely go into detail about actual gameplay, and don't adequately explain why most games are 8, but occasionally a game will get a 5 with the only complaint being graphics or some other inconsequential detail.

I feel like people who talk about reviewers being "on the payroll" have such a poor understanding of the enthusaist press that even thinking about discussing it gives me a headache.

Yeah OPM sucks. OXM is awful too, most of the US based magazines are these days. I always look forward to the new GamePro and EGM though.

Picking up Dynasty Warriors 7 with my LA Noire coupon, then NCAA 12(if the deal is good). Hopefullly will hold off buying anything until BF3/MW3 and possibly WWE'12 if it's good. Already spent way more on games than I had planned for the year.

Woo, back from vacation and only missed 27 pages. That's like missing one day during the L.A. Noire week.

Heavy Rain is hitting $20 next week, I see? Might be time to finally bite.

[quote name='jer7583']I feel like people who talk about reviewers being "on the payroll" have such a poor understanding of the enthusaist press that even thinking about discussing it gives me a headache.

Yeah OPM sucks. OXM is awful too, most of the US based magazines are these days. I always look forward to the new GamePro and EGM though.[/QUOTE]

I have an absurd amount of understanding regarding the press, which is why I know for a fact that reviews have been (and continue to be) paid off plenty of times. Just because it's usually the bigger websites that are guilty doesn't mean that magazines are innocent. It's gotten a little better, but there's still a long way to go.

i was going to use my $20 coupon from LA noire on duke nukem, but after the demo i think i'll pass on that and just pick up uncharted 2 next week for pretty much free

[quote name='Supreme0ne']i was going to use my $20 coupon from LA noire on duke nukem, but after the demo i think i'll pass on that and just pick up uncharted 2 next week for pretty much free[/QUOTE]

Um, excuse me but where is the demo for Duke Nukem??

[quote name='DPsycho']Woo, back from vacation and only missed 27 pages. That's like missing one day during the L.A. Noire week.

Heavy Rain is hitting $20 next week, I see? Might be time to finally bite.[/QUOTE]

Heavy Rain was the most amazing game I have ever played; that being said it is not for everyone. :)

I hope Kmart expands its PC games business out for some of the bigger titles like Battlefield 3 and Skyrim this fall. I might abandon my usual 360 preference for those titles.

[quote name='jer7583']I feel like people who talk about reviewers being "on the payroll" have such a poor understanding of the enthusaist press that even thinking about discussing it gives me a headache.[/QUOTE]
While I doubt companies are handing large sacks of money to reviewers saying, "Give it a 9," there's a pretty well known practice of "If you give our game a bad score, we'll pull ads and cut you off from events and coverage of our games." Rockstar is pretty notorious for bullying press outlets that don't give their games near-perfect scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back