Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']They can just bundle a game and/or retailer gift cards. That way, not a real price drop.

Also, the markets for the Vita and 3DS aren't 100% overlap.

It'll be interesting how it works out.

fujimitsu is right though, this is Nintendo. They always have something up their sleeve. Mario 3DS would move units.[/QUOTE]
Value added bundles help, but I think a proper price cut would help far more. Systems always see sharp sales increases when the price drops. While I'm a bundle gives a boost as well, I'd wager it's much smaller and has a shorter tail to it over time.

While Vita/3DS don't totally overlap, it does overlap in the core market, and that matters a lot just due to how much money we sink into systems, games, etc. The casual market is great because it's made gaming accessible for people. But casual gamers don't spend money like we do buying lots of games. It's why the attach rate is so awful for the Wii, and why Nintendo's in a bit of a crisis now that the Wii's sales are starting to plummet and the 3DS isn't the savior they hoped it would be. So if these two systems compete for core marketshare, at least initially, it's going to get interesting as you say.

I want to love the 3DS, but man Nintendo's made it hard. Aside from Starfox, there's nothing I want for it. Maybe Zelda? It just needs some games badly.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Absolutely agree. They're going to need something big to compete. The 3ds launch was already kind of meh and that was with 0 competition.

However developing the 3ds wasn't cheap, and I doubt nintendo is simply going to sit by and let it get crushed. I'm sure they have something in the works, or will really soon. Ideas are one thing they never seem to be short of... even bad ones.[/QUOTE]
If they can whip out a bunch of first party games, that'll help a lot. Get people excited, and it could really bring the 3DS back to where they want it. But long term, they need some solid third party support or it's dead in the water. Look at the PSP. If the support isn't there, it's going to flatline. I have fingers crossed we get some really big surprises.

[quote name='kennedykougar']With the exception of Nintendo, hardware sales @ launch are usually lost money with every unit moved, maybe its time for Nintendo to face reality and bite the bullet on this one.[/QUOTE]
I think it is. Estimates have the components, R&D, and other costs at $150. Honestly, I think they got dollar signs in their eyes after the initial wowed impressions from the E3 reveal last year that they figured they could jack up the retail price and the market would bear it, but I don't think it was strong enough to carry that price point. The DS's low price point in a non-shitty economy helped it appeal to mass market, but this time I think a higher price (I can get a Wii for less) and a bad economy didn't get them the mass market sales the wanted, and a lack of core games didn't help there either.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']
I think it is. Estimates have the components, R&D, and other costs at $150. Honestly, I think they got dollar signs in their eyes after the initial wowed impressions from the E3 reveal last year that they figured they could jack up the retail price and the market would bear it, but I don't think it was strong enough to carry that price point. The DS's low price point in a non-shitty economy helped it appeal to mass market, but this time I think a higher price (I can get a Wii for less) and a bad economy didn't get them the mass market sales the wanted, and a lack of core games didn't help there either.[/QUOTE]

Estimates have the components at $101. Who has inside knowledge enough to estimate R&D and marketing?

I worked when the 3DS launched. We sold 3 or 4 3DS's that day, but a decent amount of software, due to the B1G1 50% sale on the games, which was the best launch week deal on 3DS software. And I legitimately don't think we've sold a single 3DS since then. One part is due to the fact that when parents buy a handheld for Little Jimmy, they are trying to cheap out as much as possible. They see ones for 129, 149, 169 and 249. You can bet they are going to buy one of the lower two priced ones for various reasons. Another is the fact that the software lineup is so thin, and really lacks a heavyweight title right now.

Hope my question doesnt get lost on here, was wondering what everyone is buying this week from Kmart?

Nothing for me this week, Dynasty Warriors 7 with my Noire coupon next week, NCAA 12 on launch day, then hoping to not buy another game until the fall. Too many good titles between BF3, Halo HD, MW3, 2k12. Need to attempt to avoid spending absurd amounts of money between now and then. Hopefully TRU's B2G1 is the week BF3 comes out, so I can grab that and 2k12 and something else decent or try for a filler for Halo HD/MW3. Thank goodness ME3 got pushed back to spring, and the CE looks really nice.

NCAA '12 is my only 100% purchase left this summer. Outside of that, only if great deals exist. Mainly because I play it online and play dozens of seasons with different teams with named rosters.

i just signed up for that Shop Your Way Reward card. I was interested in Red Faction: Armageddon dropping down $20. When will i get an email notification about that deal? Will kmart really sell it for $40 for the SYWR members?

[quote name='$hady']Uncharted 3, BF3, MW3, Saints Row 3 November is official month of the three. I hate that the 2 big shooters of the year come out within a week but I guess that's by design.

Coupon train looking nice for the rest of the year. Starting back on the caboose end tmrw with inFamous 2.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, but Battlefield 3 is October 25 now. I'm surprised by Saints Row 3 coming out in November though, I know it has a decent following, but they are putting it out with some gaming giants. There's those you mentioned plus Skyrim, the Halo remake, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I know most people simply won't be able to get all the November games they want and Saint's Row 3 will likely be the odd man out.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Hope my question doesnt get lost on here, was wondering what everyone is buying this week from Kmart?[/QUOTE]

Nothing for me this week. I have $35 in coupons that need to be used before 7/2 though. I do want Duke, Alice, Red Faction, and Dungeon Siege, but I have become more PC centric lately and would prefer to play them there over the consoles. Also would like to get Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, especially with the killer deal that is going to be on it, but I do not have a 3DS yet (and probably won't be getting one for a good while). Need to get off the coupon train for the summer. Perhaps I will get Bulletstorm on sale next week...

Like many others here, I am also impressed with the PS Vita, especially at $250. Seems like a whole lot more system for the price than the 3DS, especially since I am not too into the whole 3D movement.

[quote name='aznhero913']Has anyone found out what that COD: BO L.E. is all about that's releasing later this month?[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that it was a deal on the Black Ops PS3 bundle and perhaps a gaming coupon or maybe a PSN card to cover the release of the second map pack that should be coming to PSN soon.

But I could be completely wrong

[quote name='aznhero913']Has anyone found out what that COD: BO L.E. is all about that's releasing later this month?[/QUOTE]
I believe it just includes First Strike DLC

[quote name='KSS181920']Nothing for me this week. I have $35 in coupons that need to be used before 7/2 though. I do want Duke, Alice, Red Faction, and Dungeon Siege, but I have become more PC centric lately and would prefer to play them there over the consoles. Also would like to get Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, especially with the killer deal that is going to be on it, but I do not have a 3DS yet (and probably won't be getting one for a good while). Need to get off the coupon train for the summer. Perhaps I will get Bulletstorm on sale next week...

Like many others here, I am also impressed with the PS Vita, especially at $250. Seems like a whole lot more system for the price than the 3DS, especially since I am not too into the whole 3D movement.[/QUOTE]
I have to agree, 250 is sharp.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']I hear you, but Battlefield 3 is October 25 now. I'm surprised by Saints Row 3 coming out in November though, I know it has a decent following, but they are putting it out with some gaming giants. There's those you mentioned plus Skyrim, the Halo remake, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I know most people simply won't be able to get all the November games they want and Saint's Row 3 will likely be the odd man out.[/QUOTE]
I bet it ends up moving now that Halo CE is coming out that date.

[quote name='Mr. Universe']i just signed up for that Shop Your Way Reward card. I was interested in Red Faction: Armageddon dropping down $20. When will i get an email notification about that deal? Will kmart really sell it for $40 for the SYWR members?[/QUOTE]
It will be in the ad next week, no worries

[quote name='caponesgun']NCAA '12 is my only 100% purchase left this summer. Outside of that, only if great deals exist. Mainly because I play it online and play dozens of seasons with different teams with named rosters.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there really isn't a t on of great content this summer. Deus at the tail end of it.

[quote name='TraBuch']Do we have a PSV deal yet?![/QUOTE]
Lol, don't even know when it's coming out. I believe they miss spoke a bit when saying this holiday when at least from what Ive been told I don't expect a NA launch this year.

[quote name='caponesgun']No.

inb4Joshexpodes:hot:[/QUOTE]
it is in the ad so there shouldn't be an issue unless it is a non roto location

I signed up for SYW Rewards about a month ago. Never received my card (still using a paper one I printed). Is there anyway to request another one?

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Actually, aren't Nintendo kind of screwed? If they announce a price cut for the 3DS at E3 tomorrow, they'll have a lot of pissed off early adopters. But if they don't, I think they risk losing traction to PSVita unless they can really ramp up the hits and get people interested and buying again.[/QUOTE]
They may not announce a price cut, but IMO they have to this fall. Sales are slow already and an equal price with Vita will kill it.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I signed up for SYW Rewards about a month ago. Never received my card (still using a paper one I printed). Is there anyway to request another one?[/QUOTE]
The SYWR helpline should able to assist if I am not mistaken.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I'm hoping Josh's new Kmart Gamer revolution is in full swing by the holiday season. Preordering all these upcoming bad ass games and PS Vita would be beyond awesome.[/QUOTE]
In August, that is the target. The site should have full ecommerce functionality by then.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Welcome back Josh, good to see you in a great mood buddy.

Was just watching Skyrim footage on spike, 300+ hours, cannot fucking wait.[/QUOTE]
I am in a good mood. I'm very proud of my dad and his effect on the community here. I am crazy behind with everything though!

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I signed up for SYW Rewards about a month ago. Never received my card (still using a paper one I printed). Is there anyway to request another one?[/QUOTE]
It took a month and a half to two months after I signed up online last November.

edit: I have no idea where that red Game Boy icon came from. It's a sign!

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Welcome back, man. :) Will be looking forward to seeing the new iteration of Kmartgamer, given the ideas you've described for it in the past. It's a big first step towards all that,

November just got more packed. Halo 1 remake is locked for November 15. I think something else during the keynote was also confirmed for November as well? And that's on top of Skyrim, Uncharted 3, and probably others. Madness! Kinda surprised there was no price cut.[/QUOTE]
I am thrilled to see the first iteration go up. Full roll out is planned for next March.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Last question to bother you. All K-Mart locations should have inFAMOUS 2 in today?[/QUOTE]
Yes they should, no bother.

I sent an email to stockboy with no response regarding infamous 2. I'm sure he is busy. I asked if my store (metropolitan ave in NY) would have the hero edition.

Went to the store to check anyway. I was going to buy either version whichever they had on the shelf. They don't even have it out! First time I've had an issue at this store. Plus the usual dude wasn't working there this morning.

They could appease the early adopters by offering $20 in free eShop money for like a month before the price cut, you could register your 3DS and get $20 in free eShop bucks, and then Nintendo could end the offer the day before the price cut goes live. That could work.

It took me just under 3 months to receive my card last year. Just have to be patient unfortunately :) Contacting them couldn't hurt.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yes they should, no bother.[/QUOTE]

Any idea if your copies include the extra items such as the Reaper skin? Thanks.

Definitely contact them.i never received my card after waiting 6 months.

Card was declared lost and was advised to sign up again in store and have the accounts merged.

my mission was to get the inFamous Hero edition....

so i went to the Penn Station NY location(store#7749). i got there like 7:15am, they open @ 7am. i dont see it out, im like maybe i missed it. i ask the dude @ the register, he is like they didnt even get it. all they had was the regular. im like wtf. so i hit the next kmart.

I get to the Astor Place store(#7777) @ 745am. they dont open till 8am. i go upstairs. no one is @ the register, nothing, 5mins later, a lady comes and is like i have to wait as there isnt any cash in register. im like ok. 10-15mins later, she comes back and is talking to some other dude. he is raving about the PSV and such. she complains about opening Tues and such. im like 0_o. so w/ a attitude she is like "can i help you?" i point to the poster and is like can i get inFamous 2. she is like if we have it, what system? im like it just came out today/ps3. and can i get the $99 edition/hero edition. she comes back 5mins later, like we only have the regular. im beyond pissed. i just bought it and left. i spent 20mins in that store alone.

i hit Josh up, hope he can clear some things up. I may say this was my 1st bad Kmart experience, and i rave about the deals and such. For anyone asking the $20 coupon did print up, and i used a $20 coupon today too.

[quote name='Dirty']I went to 2 K-Marts today and could not get the Infamous 2 coupon. Anyon e else have this problem?[/QUOTE]
My issue is my store doesn't have it out and the employee told ne they don't have it.

Hi millions. I'm at the metropolitan ave store and they don't have either. I'm not sure if they are getting the hero edition. Figured I'd try anyway.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Hi millions. I'm at the metropolitan ave store and they don't have either. I'm not sure if they are getting the hero edition. Figured I'd try anyway.[/QUOTE]
they probably have it. they probably just dont have it out yet. the Astor Place store didnt have theirs out either. that store never knows where anything is or what promos are running when i went there like 2x. i rather just hit the city and i live in Qns. :lol:

[quote name='Dynamic3']Any idea if your copies include the extra items such as the Reaper skin? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
only the Hero edition.

Are all the Kmarts honoring that $20 coupon with Infamous 2 purchase? Down here in New Orleans the stores are saying no coupon.

[quote name='sadboy']^ CAGs working together. That's what I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]
Why not right? We're all doing the same hustle and playing the same game right? If I can help I'll try. Isn't this part of what makes this site awesome?

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Nice to meet u j. I will try to ask again and I will post my results. Will try in 15 mins. I live in Flushing.[/QUOTE]good luck on the 2nd go round

[quote name='Juncti']Are all the Kmarts honoring that $20 coupon with Infamous 2 purchase? Down here in New Orleans the stores are saying no coupon.[/QUOTE]they probably dont know. it will print out automatically w/ the receipt. long as u use ya SYR card.

[quote name='Juncti']Are all the Kmarts honoring that $20 coupon with Infamous 2 purchase? Down here in New Orleans the stores are saying no coupon.[/QUOTE]

should just print up with it after you pay. most cases dont even bother to say anything to the employee about it unless it doesnt print.

Any idea if InFamous 2 will drop in price at all between now and July 2nd? I've got one last coupon to use up from L.A. Noire and I'm looking to end the coupon train since there's nothing coming out that I'm interested in until September.

[quote name='jmillion']they probably dont know. it will print out automatically w/ the receipt. long as u use ya SYR card.[/QUOTE]

What if you don't have a physical SYWR card yet? I signed up for SYWR this morning online and I printed out a temporary card (it's just a piece of paper with my member number and pin on it). Will just giving the cashier my member number or phone number allow the coupon to print?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back