Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I was feeling the same way. I hope that the whole game isn't representative of what was shown.[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or did a LOT of gameplay demos at E3 of shooters and stuff have too many on-rails/heavily guided segments?

Even Mass Effect 3 is doing the "get on a turret" thing. I wonder if it's because we're nearing the limit of what consoles can do and strictly defining what the player is able to see allows them to focus detail/effects to make games look prettier in a smaller, more restricted space.

Or is it because people just keep on buying call of duties that are basically pretty amusement park rides with very little interactivity these days?

Far Cry 3 was a nice change from that. Loved the 2nd one.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Not only are you a penny short, but the coupon you got from Infamous 2 isn't good until Sunday the 11th, which is the day after the current sale ends on Uncharted 2.[/QUOTE]

Well so much for that idea. lol

Hmmm...the Resistance dual pack comes out in early July. Don't really want that though. I'll have to keep an eye on the weekly sales for a while. Or maybe I'll sell it to a friend for $10/$15.

I'm not too concerned I guess. I was getting the game regardless, and no one else had a monetary deal going on so Kmart it was.

[quote name='jer7583']Is it just me or did a LOT of gameplay demos at E3 of shooters and stuff have too many on-rails/heavily guided segments?

Even Mass Effect 3 is doing the "get on a turret" thing. I wonder if it's because we're nearing the limit of what consoles can do and strictly defining what the player is able to see allows them to focus detail/effects to make games look prettier in a smaller, more restricted space.

Far Cry 3 was a nice change from that. Loved the 2nd one.[/QUOTE]I was actually thinking it was a plot more to get more casuals in :lol:. Actually I will be 100% picking up Far Cry 3 as long as they fix the respawning camp problem. I loved 2 all but that, and this one when I saw the trailer I knew I want it.

Also to stay on topic, $15 on Zelda and a Free Soundtrack from Nintendo. Wow, Zelda got even sweeter.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Looking forward to Dungeon Siege and Shadows but not sure either is going to be any good.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Dungeon Siege doesn't look bad. Reminds me of Diablo with a more console oriented battle system. Haven't tried the demo yet but I need my western RPG fix, Dragon Age II was basically Mass Effect 2 minus the fun for me.[/QUOTE]

I've been looking forward to Dungeon Siege for a while now as well despite all of the complaints about how they're implementing co-op. I was hoping it would satiate my recent ARPG/WPRG/dungeon crawler/whatever-the-hell-genre-it-falls-under jones, but I've been pretty underwhelmed by the little bit of the demo I've played so far. Granted, since I have a bunch of gamer coupons that expire before anything else I'm interested in comes out, I'll probably still pick it up and hope for the best.

Well I was watching a Demo for Rage on IGN and they developer announced an Oct 4 release date instead of Sept 13 so it looks like a 3 weeks delay on it...plan accordingly

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I was watching a Demo for Rage on IGN and they developer announced an Oct 4 release date instead of Sept 13 so it looks like a 3 weeks delay on it...plan accordingly[/QUOTE]
How long are K-mart coupons good for usually? This delay might suck on my part.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']How long are K-mart coupons good for usually? This delay might suck on my part.[/QUOTE]

@45 days? I purchased last night and my coupon is good to 07/23

I couldn't activate it yet (store wide inventory was yesterday, so can't do anything for a few days) but we had a price correction (drop) on the new No More Heroes game... I'm not going to post the price yet, simply because I was half asleep still when I was glancing over the PLCs and for all I know I mixed up reading the columns. I'll double check it tomorrow though.

Hey, Josh. I know August is a ways away, but could I ask if the No More Heroes deal will involve a Playstation Move? I'm really REALLY wanting to get one for that game, but can't warrant the price.

[quote name='GuyManDude']Well so much for that idea. lol

Hmmm...the Resistance dual pack comes out in early July. Don't really want that though. I'll have to keep an eye on the weekly sales for a while. Or maybe I'll sell it to a friend for $10/$15.

I'm not too concerned I guess. I was getting the game regardless, and no one else had a monetary deal going on so Kmart it was.[/QUOTE]

You could always use in on a $20 PSN card.

Well, the $15 coupon for OoT settles that for me. I pretty much promised Josh I would get it at Kmart anyway, given how he came through with a gift card (with a little extra on it) for the Lego Pirates coupon glitch. The only problem is I don't see anything coming out within 45 days of OoT. Hopefully there is some nice random sale during the summer doldrums.

(And yeah, I don't need any more PSN cards since I bought $120 worth for the general gaming coupon deal earlier this year ;)).

[quote name='jer7583']Is it just me or did a LOT of gameplay demos at E3 of shooters and stuff have too many on-rails/heavily guided segments?

Even Mass Effect 3 is doing the "get on a turret" thing.[/QUOTE]
Oh God, that was disheartening. I saw that and my reaction was, "What the hell game am I watching?" It was the most out of place gameplay for that series. But I can guarantee it was chosen because they thought fighting a giant Reaper chasing you was a suitably big "Holy shit!" action setpiece for E3.

Battlefield 3 did this too. Man, that game looks unbelievably gorgeous. Just phenomenal. But a tank level? What? Why not show off the on-foot parts, the ones that showcase the tight gameplay mechanics and design? Or the multiplayer, which DICE is just phenomenal at doing? Everyone seems to be showing off flashy but vacuous game demos lately.

Man, I need to finish Mass Effect 2. It's already pretty much completely spoiled at this point anyways.

[quote name='sadboy']Man, the gameplay from the Modern Warfare 3 campaign looks like it's shaping up to be more akin to a Treyarch design than a design from the previous incarnation of Infinity Ward. Where Infinity Ward put you in a more dynamic and believable environment, with all sorts of shit or non-shit happening around you in real-time, Treyarch makes you do shit in a railshooter-esque, linear fashion, where you constantly move from one point to the next to shoot enemies and fulfill objectives. (cues first-person animation of hand covering face, falling debris, and crazy screen-shaking, followed by shooting segment)[/QUOTE]
Can you elaborate on what you mean? Because a railshooter-esque, linear, corridor shooter moving you from point A to point B in a flashy manner describes every Call of Duty game. I'll go ahead and preface I'm a COD4 fanboy, but I'll say that nothing felt dynamic or believable to me about the environment, story, or characters. It was just a lot of flashy, beautiful Michael Bay noise that acts as blinders to keep you moving forward. There's nothing inherently wrong with that per se, but I think what you're feeling is the culmination of that design's overuse, the same way shakey-cam and lensflare has invaded damn near every movie lately and cheapened its effect by overusing it.

My wife picked up I2 for me today without asking me, she knew I wanted it but wouldn't buy it for myself since I have tons to play. Coupon printed fine in Springfield, MO. I just finished Portal 2 so I2 might just get a bump to next in line. Loved the 1st one.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I was watching a Demo for Rage on IGN and they developer announced an Oct 4 release date instead of Sept 13 so it looks like a 3 weeks delay on it...plan accordingly[/QUOTE]

That really sucks. October 4 already has Dark Souls and Twisted Metal. September was perfect for me as there isn't as much out as October. I might get Dead Island and Resistance 3, but neither are sure things for me yet, but I was definitely getting Rage. Now I Have like five must haves for October (Twisted Metal, Dark Souls, Batman: AC, Ratchet and Clank, and now Rage). I need a two month vacation to get through all the games coming out this fall.

For those wanting Red Faction right away Kmart remember you can purchase it this week and get a price adjustment since there's no coupon involved this week.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Oh God, that was disheartening. I saw that and my reaction was, "What the hell game am I watching?" It was the most out of place gameplay for that series. But I can guarantee it was chosen because they thought fighting a giant Reaper chasing you was a suitably big "Holy shit!" action setpiece for E3.

Battlefield 3 did this too. Man, that game looks unbelievably gorgeous. Just phenomenal. But a tank level? What? Why not show off the on-foot parts, the ones that showcase the tight gameplay mechanics and design? Or the multiplayer, which DICE is just phenomenal at doing? Everyone seems to be showing off flashy but vacuous game demos lately.

Man, I need to finish Mass Effect 2. It's already pretty much completely spoiled at this point anyways.

Can you elaborate on what you mean? Because a railshooter-esque, linear, corridor shooter moving you from point A to point B in a flashy manner describes every Call of Duty game. I'll go ahead and preface I'm a COD4 fanboy, but I'll say that nothing felt dynamic or believable to me about the environment, story, or characters. It was just a lot of flashy, beautiful Michael Bay noise that acts as blinders to keep you moving forward. There's nothing inherently wrong with that per se, but I think what you're feeling is the culmination of that design's overuse, the same way shakey-cam and lensflare has invaded damn near every movie lately and cheapened its effect by overusing it.[/QUOTE]

You didn't see the 50 second multiplayer clip? I've watched it at least 50 times

[quote name='gotdott']You didn't see the 50 second multiplayer clip? I've watched it at least 50 times[/QUOTE]

Yeah I cant wait to use my grenade launcher to drop a slab of concrete on top of some unlucky dude.

Josh, I realize it's waaaay in advance but whenever it's announced what the NCAA offer is let me know! I'm 95% sure that's the game I start my coupon-train off if applicable. I tried to wait for Kmart to open for I2 but I couldn't..at 12:03 I bought it :(

[quote name='gotdott']You didn't see the 50 second multiplayer clip? I've watched it at least 50 times[/QUOTE]
I saw it, but I'm just surprised they didn't try to showcase it more at a conference, especially EA's own. If they want to rival COD, they have got to play up the multiplayer and what sets it apart. Most casual gamers I know who play COD have no idea what makes Battlefield different, and that's a failing on EA's part in marketing it.

Anyone know if Child of Eden for PS3 is going to support 3D? There was some talk about it originally, but i haven't been able to find any info about it.

is there going to be any chance of a 3ds system deal during the zelda launch if so I will most likely be purchasing one

[quote name='nbballard']Anyone know if Child of Eden for PS3 is going to support 3D? There was some talk about it originally, but i haven't been able to find any info about it.[/QUOTE]

Ubisoft announced in early April it would support 3D when they announced it would be delayed again. So, PS move and 3D support.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Can you elaborate on what you mean?[/QUOTE]
In the first two Modern Warfare games, you're allowed more leeway in where you're able to move in comparison to Black Ops. Like, the level "Safehouse" in the first Modern Warfare, where you basically clear out safehouses in search for Al-Asad--it's basically like it's own self-contained map, which you might play differently depending on what you do in subsequent playthroughs.

[quote name='boogie4114']For those wanting Red Faction right away Kmart remember you can purchase it this week and get a price adjustment since there's no coupon involved this week.[/QUOTE]

Also remember that if you use a gaming coupon on it (like $20 off so you pay $40) they won't adjust the cash you paid. They won't adjust anything most likely.

[quote name='caponesgun']Ubisoft announced in early April it would support 3D when they announced it would be delayed again. So, PS move and 3D support.[/QUOTE]
Thanks- I looked at a few different sites, and nobody has the Ps3 version listed. Amazon had it, but the box wasn't real so it didn't display the 3D logo.

Traded in a few games to GameStop today so I could preorder Catherine. Makes my soul hurt to get a game somewhere other than Kmart but I had to. :(
On the plus side, when they asked me about Red Faction I told them Kmart has it for $40 on Sunday. When they asked me about preordering Alice, I told them about Kmarts post release offer. When they asked me about inFAMOUS 2, I asked if they had any Hero editions, they said they didn't have any extras, and I told them Kmart had two in stock and a $20 coupon with it. When they asked about Zelda: OoT, I mentioned the coupon there as well. Child of Eden, coupon. DiRT3, I mentioned the sale next week.
There were about a dozen others in the store who overheard everything and one guy who I saw put both Red Faction and DiRT3 back on the shelf after hearing me. I love it when that happens.

Hmm hadn't heard that. Thanks. July through September are getting pretty lame for releases.

Pretty much nothing in July, and nothing in August until Deus Ex and War in the North toward the end of the month. And now even September isn't looking very good except for Gears/Resistance.

And since they'd be dumb to actually release ALL of these games in only Oct and November, a lot will probably get pushed to 2012..

Are there statistics to show that a good game wont sell just because it's summer time? Or is it just some type of delusion that a game has to be released in Sept - Nov or the first quarter of a year? It's really pretty annoying. Doesn't Madden release in summer? I heard that one sells fairly well..

Josh, I am surprised Sony and MS didn't announce a price cut for xbox and ps3. Do you have any inside info for a price drop?

[quote name='ShockandAww']And since they'd be dumb to actually release ALL of these games in only Oct and November, a lot will probably get pushed to 2012..[/QUOTE]
It's like the Gathering in Highlander, where there comes a time when all immortals will feel compelled to do battle with each other for the prize--only with video game release dates. (smirk)

"There can be only one!!!"
"You will always be weaker than I..." (weird darting tongue gestures)

I'm assuming the answer is very slim to zero, but what are the chances of Killzone 3 being less than $30 or even $20, at any retailer, between now and the end of August? I was thinking of using my $20 LA Noire coupon on KZ3, but due to my back log, I most likely won't be able to play it until July or possibly August. It's either KZ3 or xbl/psn points to use with the coupon for me.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I agree with your two points, but also I really wonder about the resolution of the uPad . . . it has a 6.2" touch screen, but due to costs it looks like the resolution on the screen is fairly low. To keep costs down, I could see Nintendo putting a low-res screen on the controller, which would be a big negative. My Droid X has a 4.3" screen with 854x480 resolution, and the screen looks crisp and clear. For a larger 6.2" screen, if they can't hit a decent resolution, its going to look pretty fugly.

Also, I'm not sure if they really thought out the concept of the uPad . . . how many times would someone come in and say they need to use the TV, forcing you to swith to the uPad? Most people have their own TVs for gaming and would rather play on the big screen, so having the feature of switching the game over to the uPad is really not a big deal. Its almost as if Nintendo is trying desperately to come up with "new and innovative" concepts (again), but I really don't see the value in this concept.

Plus the controller looks big and bulky, and not very comfortable to use. I can't imagine holding one of those uPads in a longer gaming session, just seems very bulky and not designed for comfort for your hands.

I would have expected a new standard controller with the WiiU, redeisnged and comfortable to use like the PS3 or 360 controllers; i.e. designed for gaming. I'll be very surprised if there isn't another new (no-screen) controller available with the WiiU, because using the old Wii controllers for a new console doesn't sound very exciting. The Wii remote + nunchuk combo is just irritating, they should have offered a single controller with everything you need built in, instead of forcing a combo of two separate devices to act as a single controller.

Back on topic, will be looking forward to DNF when it comes out next week; hopefully it will be a decent game! I do have some doubts, its been so long in production and probably runs on an old graphics engine, but we'll see.[/QUOTE]

I have to say here in the USA people might have their own gaming tvs but outside the USA thats far from reality. I can definetly see the switching to the controller screen becoming a very big sell point in japan or europe where young adults still live with their parents quite a bit of the time and share household items.

I know a few people in the thread have also mentioned playing their portables while watching tv, its what i normally do so the wii U could become both the soup and the cake. I am still not sold on it though >.

Hi Josh. Any idea of what the post offer for Alice is going to be. Trying to figure out if I want to pick it up now since I have such a backlog.... Thanks!

[quote name='dago2727']Hi Josh. Any idea of what the post offer for Alice is going to be. Trying to figure out if I want to pick it up now since I have such a backlog.... Thanks![/QUOTE]
Wait for a couple weeks after release and it's going to be $35 at Kmart. hopefully it'll at least be worth that much.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Hmm hadn't heard that. Thanks. July through September are getting pretty lame for releases.

And now even September isn't looking very good except for Gears/Resistance.[/QUOTE]
Really? Judging by your avatar I thought you'd be looking forward to the Ico/SoTC collection in September.

Hey Josh,

Do you know what the deal will be for Resident Evil Mercenaries? You didn't post anything on your blog on June deals and the game is still set to come out on June 28.

I'm out of town, so I went to a new KMart to find Uncharted 2 GOTY. They had that, but they also had an Infamous Hero edition! Sweet! Coupon printed and everything.

The sling pack that comes with this thing is awesome and totally useable. It has three pockets, one big enough for papers/netbook/iPad (my 16" laptop won't fit), one easily big enough for a DS/3DS/PSP/Vita with room to spare, and one pouch just big enough to hold my phone or an iPod. There's not much padding though, so you'd definitely want sleeves/cases on any electronics you were carrying.

I'm totally using this even if I get punched in the face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. I was hoping the bag would be terrible so I wouldn't be tempted to get the Hero edition. I really can't justify the expense. But that bag. It's like a siren's call to my inner geek.

[quote name='adamical']The sling pack that comes with this thing is awesome and totally useable. It has three pockets, one big enough for papers/netbook/iPad (my 16" laptop won't fit), one easily big enough for a DS/3DS/PSP/Vita with room to spare, and one just big enough to hold my phone or an iPod. There's not much padding though, so you'd definitely want sleeves/cases on any electronics you were carrying.

I'm totally using this even if I get punched in the face.[/QUOTE]
For the sling pack, you get kicked in the groin. Just kidding.

[quote name='Brandon Heat']Hey Josh,

Do you know what the deal will be for Resident Evil Mercenaries? You didn't post anything on your blog on June deals and the game is still set to come out on June 28.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I'm going to use my Zelda coupon on RE. I'm still not convinced I'm going to get it but I'll probably break down and buy it.

Finally- I always envied those that were able to walk in, find the new game, get the coupon, and walk out. Well, today I have seen the promised land. I walked in, saw inFamous 2 under "I" and also a few copies at the top of the case, handed over my SYWR card, used my credit from Josh for the Lego: POC screw up, got $20 coupon, and walked out. Less than 5 minutes. AWESOME!!!
It's because of Josh's hard work and help from CAG'ers in store that things are on the rise. Now, I just have to hope my hard drive back-up and installation of a new 500 GB works so I can fire it up. Thanks again Josh!!!

although i don't see an offer planned for it, is kmart going to stock harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 for ps3/360??

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Damn. I was hoping the bag would be terrible so I wouldn't be tempted to get the Hero edition. I really can't justify the expense. But that bag. It's like a siren's call to my inner geek.[/QUOTE]

I mean, the super voucher has been steady going for $30+ on eBay, and the statue has been fetching over $20, too, so if you're willing to put in the legwork you should easily be able get the bag + game for the same price as the game alone.

[quote name='bretfav']Finally- I always envied those that were able to walk in, find the new game, get the coupon, and walk out. Well, today I have seen the promised land. I walked in, saw inFamous 2 under "I" and also a few copies at the top of the case, handed over my SYWR card, used my credit from Josh for the Lego: POC screw up, got $20 coupon, and walked out. Less than 5 minutes. AWESOME!!!
It's because of Josh's hard work and help from CAG'ers in store that things are on the rise. Now, I just have to hope my hard drive back-up and installation of a new 500 GB works so I can fire it up. Thanks again Josh!!![/QUOTE]

Lets be frank, most of the time the service is alright, now and again the service is awesome, and now and again the service is uhm " fuck this shiat" social conditioning says its alright to bitch and moan to release frustration so u hear about the 1% bad service experience way more often than you'll ever hear about the exceptional service. Speaking of exceptional service, where is the skinny guy who used to be on top of things at the Boise store?With Josh as the brain and him @ the delivery point It was always beyond awesome. All in all kmart still beats bestbuy or walfart anytime. Good job guys :)

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Josh, any deal on Motorstorm Apocalypse after the 18th?[/QUOTE]

You know, I bet if you continue asking this same question every single day, it will definitely cause the answer you were already given to change to one that you like better. Keep at it, don't feel discouraged!

Yesterday,I found last copy Heavy Rain at Middle village,NY,but It rang up $29.99 and no infamous 2(not sold out).back home with empty hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back