Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Only 65, I long for those days :) When you pull your first 120 you can complain, but only for a minute.
[/QUOTE]

120 hrs, lol. Ain't salary a bitch.

If it makes you feel any better I haven't been able to go on an out of state vacation since 98'.:applause: Yay work!

This will probably get buried under a deluge of posts once people's Kmarts start opening, but what are the odds that there will be a SWYR deal this weekend for Father's Day?
Like the tiered ones they have been doing a lot lately?

I know that no one will know for certain, but the odds seem like they would be pretty good right? They seem to do one every holiday. The wife wants a new coffee table and Kmart has an okay one, but she wants it now and I want to hold off and see if I can score extra points this weekend.

Also, going to pick up Child of Eden today at lunch, but I think I'm going to hold off on Duke for now. I've never really been a Duke fan, so I don't know why I was planning on buying it. But I don't really need it right now. Maybe if it is $39.99 in a couple weeks I'll grab it then.

And I thought working 12 hours for 3 days in a row for a whole month was bad. Any chance for a Wii deal this summer? I know that retailers are going to stop carrying Wii's in favor of the Wii U next year. If not, I might just use my coupon on a stack of budget priced video games from Kmart.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hey people, how has K-Mart been on Sunday releases? I remember them having some trouble in the past-- hoping everything is smooth for Zelda.[/QUOTE]

I've gone to KMart for the Sunday releases of Pokemon B&W and the 3DS. For Pokemon, my location didn't have them out yet and the employee referenced the ad to show me that "This says it doesn't come out until... oh, that is today," so they went and got them. For the 3DS, everything was in the case and ready to go.

Josh has confirmed that Zelda is in the ad with a clear Sunday release date, so we should be good for that hurdle. Nintendo is good about getting their stock out to stores ahead of release, so stubborn employees aside, you should be able to get it day one without too much hassle. May just need to wait for them to fetch it.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']This will probably get buried under a deluge of posts once people's Kmarts start opening, but what are the odds that there will be a SWYR deal this weekend for Father's Day?
Like the tiered ones they have been doing a lot lately?[/QUOTE]

Like you said, likely no one here will know for certain, but they did do it for Mothers' Day. It does seem like the kind of thing the Ministry of Secrets SYWR team would do, though the specifics are anyone's guess. Whatever they're doing, there'll probably be an email out Friday.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']This will probably get buried under a deluge of posts once people's Kmarts start opening, but what are the odds that there will be a SWYR deal this weekend for Father's Day?
Like the tiered ones they have been doing a lot lately?

I know that no one will know for certain, but the odds seem like they would be pretty good right? They seem to do one every holiday. The wife wants a new coffee table and Kmart has an okay one, but she wants it now and I want to hold off and see if I can score extra points this weekend.

Also, going to pick up Child of Eden today at lunch, but I think I'm going to hold off on Duke for now. I've never really been a Duke fan, so I don't know why I was planning on buying it. But I don't really need it right now. Maybe if it is $39.99 in a couple weeks I'll grab it then.[/QUOTE]
I think it makes sense, but I have not heard anything. I tell you, these things happen fast and out of no where. It really is a "bonus" offer in every stretch of word.

Many times they are geo targeted, members segmented, and store by store. Very dynamic, also incredibly difficult to organize and post.

I will be at Kmart bright and early sunday for Zelda. It looks like everyone has a deal with Zelda, but I have my infamous coupon!

any deal on wii play motion coming down the pipe? or a shadows of the damned post launch special (ala Portal and Alice)?

[quote name='litobirdy']Any possibilites of matching that Best buy offer of $100 gift card with purchase of a ps3 this week?[/QUOTE]
Definitely not, it is not advertised anywhere and since I was gone for the last two weeks I am scrambling to even get it done in time.

I have not received any customer issues for Duke Nukem Forever......

I would normally count that as a good thing, but not to receive one is alarming me......so no one is buying this are they.

Can't blame you just sucks since I bought a lot, time to call Take Two.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I have not received any customer issues for Duke Nukem Forever......

I would normally count that as a good thing, but not to receive one is alarming me......so no one is buying this are they.

Can't blame you just sucks since I bought a lot, time to call Take Two.[/QUOTE]

Yea, looks like DNF will drop fast.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I have not received any customer issues for Duke Nukem Forever......

Buying my copy of Duke Nukem for my Dad after I get off work, so I will post how it goes. Also going to buy tomb raider trilogy if the k-mart has it.

Let me know how that call goes :D. But a few gamestop had midnight launches for it so maybe it will sell better elsewhere and affect your ability to put it on sale anytime soon.

Duke is on my to buy list, but probably not at release. I will be buying it for PC though as reports are that the console ports, especially the 360 version, are terrible in comparison. The 360 version has serious performance issues...kind of sad considering how dated the tech is that the game runs on...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Can't blame you just sucks since I bought a lot, time to call Take Two.[/QUOTE]

I'll take one 360 copy off your hands for $15 ;). Maybe give out copies for free with purchase of a box of condoms or toilet paper or something?

I know it was an incredibly long time ago but can I pick yakuza 3 up at kmart for 15 bucks? I can't remember if it was a temporary or permanent price drop at kmart.

Just got back from Kmart and bought Duke Nukem for my brother. Smooth transaction, 20 dollar coupon printed out perfectly also recieved the little slip since i spent more than 50 dollars next week i get 10x the points when i buy things at Kmart.

Any issues with Child of Eden today Josh? Getting ready to hit my local store, KMart in Charlotte/Pineville (not the freedom blvd one.) Thanks for all the great deals and my condolences on your recent loss :(

Undeterred, I went to the Minneapolis Kmart. Again they told me they didn't get it in (wasn't in the case or with the Kinect games), but then one of the employees asked if it's for Kinect. Child of Eden was still in the shipping box with Wipeout. I got one of the two she pulled out. I think she put the other with the Kinect games. No problem with the coupon printing.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Any issues with Child of Eden today Josh? Getting ready to hit my local store, KMart in Charlotte/Pineville (not the freedom blvd one.) Thanks for all the great deals and my condolences on your recent loss :([/QUOTE]

I live in the same area, avoid the Freedom Drive store like a plague.

After hounding Josh for the entire month of June, I finally got my Dynasty Warriors 7. After my LA Niore coupon, it ended up being $21.XX.I almost broke down in tears when I walked in though. I walked right over to the games, looked at the spot where the one copy of the game has been for weeks, and...nothing. I started frantically looking in all the cases when I then noticed the sale sign had been printed for the game and was on the glass. I looked behind the sign and sure enough, the game was there. Couldn't believe that it had been moved...almost gave me a heart attack.

[quote name='jza1218']How long does it usually sake to get a SYWR card in the mail? I signed up on May 18 and still haven't gotten it.[/QUOTE]

Just use your phone number, if anything it's a good thing as it's one less card to keep track of :lol:

[quote name='jza1218']How long does it usually sake to get a SYWR card in the mail? I signed up on May 18 and still haven't gotten it.[/QUOTE]
It took me almost 2 months I believe to get the card in nmail. Like the other person said, just use your phone number.

I don't know what the typical turn around is but I signed up for it like last October and it still hasn't arrived in the mail. So, don't hold your breath on even getting one.

It's take-two's fault for botching the console ports. The PC version is like a completely different game, technically. Load times are like 5 seconds or less, the game runs very smoothly and looks decent on on my 2009 laptop, and the controls actually work. It also helps that i only paid about $30. If it was $30 on every platform and the ports were halfway competent there would be a LOT less complaining.

Say what you want about the juvenile humor and bad writing but on 360 this was a bad, bad game. On PC it's still kind of shameful in its content but the gameplay is not so awful.

There's really no excuse for it to run, play, and look so bad on 360 and for it to take 30 seconds to load every time you die.

[quote name='IronClaw']I don't know what the typical turn around is but I signed up for it like last October and it still hasn't arrived in the mail. So, don't hold your breath on even getting one.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the same here. I think I did it in the first week of November for the Black Ops deal and have never seen it. But it's much easier to just give your phone number anyway IMO.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Pretty much the same here. I think I did it in the first week of November for the Black Ops deal and have never seen it. But it's much easier to just give your phone number anyway IMO.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't say it's easier, IMO.
[quote name='jer7583']It's take-two's fault for botching the console ports. The PC version is like a completely different game, technically.[/QUOTE]
Would you recommend DNF then for the PC?

I made a small modification to the OP: Apparently Splinter Cell Trilogy has been pushed back another week to 8/2, and according to Josh (on his Kmartgamer FB), that date seems to be what Ubisoft is using.

Thankfully the coupon from Shadows of the DAMNED will last until that week. :cool:

Went by a KMart I had never been to today to try and get Child of Eden. The game was in the case and after about 15 min of waiting on an employee to show up and ring me up I was out the door. The coupon printed out just fine.

[quote name='sadboy']
Would you recommend DNF then for the PC?[/QUOTE]

I would say if you are going to play it, don't play it unless you can do so on PC.

I would say never pay full price. $30 is the top of what i'd pay for this game. It is interesting as someone who's seen it come and go for the last 14 years, but the writing is awful, the characters are not likeable, it's a very ugly game, design-wise. Just dirty and not attractive environments.

As for the shooting, you don't do as much of it as you expect. in the 4 hours i've played you spend as much time driving go-karts, playing pinball machines, lifting weights, signing autographs, walking around the environment as you do blasting aliens. It's kind of weird in that way. The shooting parts are linear but they don't feel as linear as a call of duty - it's more than enemies come into an arena and you play in that space until they die, and move on.

I think if you have other titles in you backlog or that you have missed out on this year like Dead Space 2 or Portal 2, Crysis 2 or Bulletstorm, buy those and play them first, and hope for a price drop.

also, read this review: http://www.giantbomb.com/duke-nukem-forever/61-20721/reviews/

[quote name='jer7583']As for the shooting, you don't do as much of it as you expect. in the 4 hours i've played you spend as much time driving go-karts, playing pinball machines, lifting weights, signing autographs, walking around the environment as you do blasting aliens.[/QUOTE]
From what I've seen, the old school strafe-and-shoot element was the most detracting thing to me. I didn't fully get into shooting games until after the days of Counter-Strike, when I saw my roommate play using a more tactical approach. But, yeah--I think I could get into DNF if it incorporates all of that other stuff.

Thanks for the input.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']I live in the same area, avoid the Freedom Drive store like a plague.[/QUOTE]

No kidding ;)

No issues with Child of Eden here, they had several copies on the shelf. Thanks Josh!

Can someone let me know what the effective dates are for the Child of Eden coupon?

(and what you think of the game if you've tried it already)

Thanks in advance!

I wonder how much would be forgiven if they had changed the price point. To me if a game sucks it sucks no matter what, but obviously if you only spend a fraction of the original MSRP then it's easier to overlook some things. I guess if they had come out and priced it at $19.99 or $29.99 then it would be viewed that they were admitting that it was total garbage, but would it have reviewed any better had that been the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back