Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The_ZZ']I don't want to wake up tomorrow seeing anymore replies to me, just talk about something else.[/QUOTE]

Is Kmart going to carry Catherine?

can we get a deal on dynasty warriors 7?

lol

That alice game looks really cool. Makes the wait for it to hit $40 or whatever it was that much harder! I think some of those earlier reviews were just personal differences with the design. The giant bomb quick look of it was very interesting. I want it! I really like that the combat seems a notch above the usual god of war mash mash mash crap.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-alice-madness-returns/17-4392/

Also child of eden - buy it if you have a kinect. I don't want to hear any bitchin about 90 min.

[quote name='jer7583']

Also child of eden - buy it if you have a kinect. I don't want to hear any bitchin about 90 min.[/QUOTE]

Really? I would think a $50 retail release that takes less time to finish than games I bought for $2 on XBLA would be a pretty reasonable complaint. Especially on CAG.

This page, lol, someone gets called out for being an idiot, asking the same dumb shit since they signed up for the site and pouts. I'm not one for griefing but everyone of them have a valid point.

[quote name='dino88']Is Kmart going to carry Catherine?[/QUOTE]

This made me literally spit out my coffee this morning. Bravo! :applause:

[quote name='harveyiscool']Thanks for your response. I saw the other post where someone said there was a huge clearance list and then later admitting he was wrong.[/QUOTE]
Talking about me?
I wasn't wrong... there was a list of over 800 clearance PLCs.
about 650 were 0 in the system (my store doesn't have any) and the rest were a mix of random electronic items and the previous $**.97 games.
I never said anything was new on the list.

[quote name='nbballard']Any chance that it'll be $40 the week after it comes out?[/QUOTE]

Well played :applause:

Just noticed thePS3 controller deal next week. Might have to pick up another color and use a coupon. Awesome deal. Thank you Josh!

Josh,

Thank you so much for you help on getting a game this week. It's very refreshing to see what you and your team have done to engage the gamer audience online. Keep up the great work and thank you for helping me with this.

Kind Regards,

Stanley

[quote name='thedanceman']Josh,

Thank you so much for you help on getting a game this week. It's very refreshing to see what you and your team have done to engage the gamer audience online. Keep up the great work and thank you for helping me with this.

Kind Regards,

Stanley[/QUOTE]
Anytime!

Hey Josh,

First off awesome job on KmartGamer, I know you are really trying hard to get great deals out to your customers.

Unfortunately I had a bad experience trying to buy my first game from kmart yesterday. Went to Kmart
#4312 and their gaming section was horrendous. All their games were shoved in two glass cabinets and not alphabetized. You could tell they weren't moving product when I saw games three years+ in there. Tags for newer games were randomly placed and had incorrect product next to them. When I asked the associate for help on Red Faction Armageddon, she had to go look in the back for it(despite the game being out for at least a week) and came back to tell me they hadn't received it.

I went and price-matched it at my local walmart. I don't know if that kmart store is a priority considering the way the overall store was, but hopefully they can step it up.

Thanks again though man, I know you're really working hard.

Hmm, just read through the terms and conditions stuff on the coupons and realized that if I were to buy that 4GB Xbox and get the $60 gaming credit, I can only use that on something that is equal or great than $60, right? For example, I couldn't use it on a $59.99. Am I understanding that right?

One more clarifying question, I can add items to get over $60, so I could add a $49.99 game and a $19.99 game, and apply the coupon, right?

My reading comprehension sucks, so I just wanted to get confirmation as I try to understand the value a $60 gaming coupon would have for me.

[quote name='berzirk']Hmm, just read through the terms and conditions stuff on the coupons and realized that if I were to buy that 4GB Xbox and get the $60 gaming credit, I can only use that on something that is equal or great than $60, right? For example, I couldn't use it on a $59.99. Am I understanding that right?

One more clarifying question, I can add items to get over $60, so I could add a $49.99 game and a $19.99 game, and apply the coupon, right?

My reading comprehension sucks, so I just wanted to get confirmation as I try to understand the value a $60 gaming coupon would have for me.[/QUOTE]

You are correct that a $59.99 will not work and that you will need a gaming-related filler item.

[quote name='segaplayer']Hey Josh,

First off awesome job on KmartGamer, I know you are really trying hard to get great deals out to your customers.

Unfortunately I had a bad experience trying to buy my first game from kmart yesterday. Went to Kmart
#4312 and their gaming section was horrendous. All their games were shoved in two glass cabinets and not alphabetized. You could tell they weren't moving product when I saw games three years+ in there. Tags for newer games were randomly placed and had incorrect product next to them. When I asked the associate for help on Red Faction Armageddon, she had to go look in the back for it(despite the game being out for at least a week) and came back to tell me they hadn't received it.

I went and price-matched it at my local walmart. I don't know if that kmart store is a priority considering the way the overall store was, but hopefully they can step it up.

Thanks again though man, I know you're really working hard.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the feedback! I passed this right on to ops to follow up with the store. Sometimes I can miss things on the thread if you ever want to shoot me a direct email that would be awesome, and I can help out with the experience as well.

It is my sincere request that if you there are any deal requests, operational questions that you would like my direct feedback please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]

It is not just for service calls but for anything. It can usually take 48 hours but I will get back with you.

I just want to make sure that I don't miss anything!

Cute.

Anway, can anyone recommend any good games on the Kinnect. I want to pick up Child of Eden but I can't justify buying a kinnect for just one game.

[quote name='EndersGamer']Cute.

Anway, can anyone recommend any good games on the Kinnect. I want to pick up Child of Eden but I can't justify buying a kinnect for just one game.[/QUOTE]

Dance Central is a blast and probably the best of the launch games. Kinect Sports is also a lot of fun at parties and has a lot of minigames.

Catherine at K-Mart would be the shit.

[quote name='Coraanu']Dance Central is a blast and probably the best of the launch games. [/QUOTE]

Yeah this is the only Kinect game I like so far.

I've only played the Kinect once. I was playing that ball kicking game with some chick at a friends house and she nearly dove through a window (she dove at it- but the glass didn't break).

It was the highlight of the night.

[quote name='nbballard']I've only played the Kinect once. I was playing that ball kicking game with some chick at a friends house and she nearly dove through a window (she dove at it- but the glass didn't break).

It was the highlight of the night.[/QUOTE]

We've had similar experiences with the boxing from Kinect Sports. People will inch up to the TV as they're punching or throw hooks and almost hit the person next to them. I've smacked the chain on a ceiling fan during volleyball. Who knew fake sports could be so exciting?

[quote name='Coraanu']Dance Central is a blast and probably the best of the launch games. Kinect Sports is also a lot of fun at parties and has a lot of minigames.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Kinect Sports is fantastic IMO. A couple of the sports are just so-so, but as a whole, I think it's great. Dance Central is fun if you're even mildly into Dancing. While I can appreciate the gameplay and quality of the game, it's certainly one my wife enjoys much more than me. Kinectimals is pretty damn cute too, I've been waiting for my son to play all the way through it so I can fire up a gamesave and play it myself. My one gripe there is it doesn't appear that multiple save games can be stored under the same gamertag.

I've really enjoyed my Kinect, even just for interface interaction, and now Kinect Fun Labs. I actually work in motion capture, and some of the shortcomings that Kinect shows technically, are still there in $80,000 multi-camera mocap systems. The fact that they got this technology in a consumer product for $150 is nothing short of astounding.

For anyone else that was wondering, my question has been answered about whether there would be a SYWR deal this weekend for Father's Day.

The email I just recieved says that Saturday only, Jun 18th, you will earn 7,500 points on every $75 you spend* in-store.
*Purchases must e made in a single, qualifying transaction. Major appliances excluded.

I'm not understanding the wording about every $75 spent and single transaction, I assumed initially that if I spent $150, I would get 15,000 points. I'm not comprehending what they said too well though. Been a long week...

The bad news though is that there is a link to the list of stores that are participating and the amount is pretty small. Only 3 stores in all of SC and none in my home state of MO. But I guess what Josh was saying a couple pages back when I asked is that some of these deals are area-specific and member-specific, so some of you might end up with better offers.

[quote name='chriscolbert']You are correct that a $59.99 will not work and that you will need a gaming-related filler item.[/QUOTE]

This is news to me. I figured one item had to be more than the coupon's value. I'm going to use my $20 coupon on $19.XX title and hopefully find a cheap gaming item filler.

I remember when the coupon program began with PSN cards and I got denied when I bought a few games that were less than the coupon's value individually, but totaled higher than the coupon before taxes.

Sent you an email a few minutes ago, Josh. Hoping you can help me get a new copy of a digital receipt so I can do a return. Thanks to getting Dead Space 2 w/the included Extraction for $20 at Sears, I no longer need the unopened copy of it for Wii that I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']For anyone else that was wondering, my question has been answered about whether there would be a SYWR deal this weekend for Father's Day.

The email I just recieved says that Saturday only, Jun 18th, you will earn 7,500 points on every $75 you spend* in-store.
*Purchases must e made in a single, qualifying transaction. Major appliances excluded.

I'm not understanding the wording about every $75 spent and single transaction, I assumed initially that if I spent $150, I would get 15,000 points. I'm not comprehending what they said too well though. Been a long week...

The bad news though is that there is a link to the list of stores that are participating and the amount is pretty small. Only 3 stores in all of SC and none in my home state of MO. But I guess what Josh was saying a couple pages back when I asked is that some of these deals are area-specific and member-specific, so some of you might end up with better offers.[/QUOTE]

My post right above yours about the 5k points offer this Saturday includes a link of participating stores. For that event, MO seems to have about 25 participating stores. It's the same deal as yours except better because you don't have to spend as much initially to get the reward.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']This is news to me. I figured one item had to be more than the coupon's value. I'm going to use my $20 coupon on $19.XX title and hopefully find a cheap gaming item filler.

I remember when the coupon program began with PSN cards and I got denied when I bought a few games that were less than the coupon's value individually, but totaled higher than the coupon before taxes.[/QUOTE]

This has always been the case. The only caveat is that the total must be above the coupon in gaming related purchases. So if the coupon is for $20 and you purchase a $19.99 game and a bottle of water, you would not be able to use the coupon. If you bought the game and a cheap Wii-mote skin for $1.49 then that would put you over the $20 in gaming purchases and you could use the coupon. But to address your PSN card thing, if the coupon was for $20 then you could buy a $20 PSN card and nothing else. It will total out to zero and you pay nothing. I've done it before as well as others on here saying they've done it before.

[quote name='EndersGamer']Cute.

Anway, can anyone recommend any good games on the Kinnect. I want to pick up Child of Eden but I can't justify buying a kinnect for just one game.[/QUOTE]

Sports, Dance Central, and Child of Eden are really the only worthwhile ones. I saw some place had kinect for around $83 used recently, it's most certainly worth that considering microsoft has shown they're pretty dedicated to supporting it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It is my sincere request that if you there are any deal requests, operational questions that you would like my direct feedback please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]

It is not just for service calls but for anything. It can usually take 48 hours but I will get back with you.

I just want to make sure that I don't miss anything![/QUOTE]

...Anything, you say?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']This is news to me. I figured one item had to be more than the coupon's value. I'm going to use my $20 coupon on $19.XX title and hopefully find a cheap gaming item filler.

I remember when the coupon program began with PSN cards and I got denied when I bought a few games that were less than the coupon's value individually, but totaled higher than the coupon before taxes.[/QUOTE]

I think we are saying the exact same thing. He had initially asked if he could use the $60 coupon on a $59.99 game and I said that wouldn't work.

Can anyone explain to me how to use my SYWR points? I asked the guy at the counter and he said I need to use my card, but when I first signed up for it I was told they don't give cards anymore and all I need is my phone number.

I have $20 worth of points and I would like to use them on Zelda.

[quote name='confoosious']If you have weed, it'll last for 100+ hours.[/QUOTE] child of eden'

I can confirm this is true. lol.
But really. It is easily something that can be replayed and enjoyed time and time again just because of the beauty and pure enjoyment of the experience. Will you get something different between playthroughs, no, but on confoos point, and as Jon stewart stated in half baked, "everything is better on weeeeeeed, man.":cool: If your still young or a hippy, I would guess LSD would be an experience with this game.... WOW.

edit: I am in no way promoting the use of illegal substances with the game child of eden. OR AM I

I just played the Cars 2 demo at Best Buy and that is a perfect game for my Cars-obsessed little boy to watch me play and eventually try himself. Usually Disney-related games get deals and I was curious if this was just deemed a little too kiddie or if maybe it was accidentally left off the OP.

[quote name='Tonnous24']Can anyone explain to me how to use my SYWR points? I asked the guy at the counter and he said I need to use my card, but when I first signed up for it I was told they don't give cards anymore and all I need is my phone number.

I have $20 worth of points and I would like to use them on Zelda.[/QUOTE]

Tell him you never received the card and that you can use your phone number and PIN number. You will be prompted to type the PIN on the keypad and everything will work fine. There is no doubt that this can be done (this is the only way I've ever done it since I never received a card either) and if he tells you otherwise it is either his first day or he is being a jerk. Get a manager involved if you have to.

[quote name='confoosious']I read it as spend $75 or above get 7500 points.

But if you spend 35$ and then $40 later no points.[/QUOTE]I was hoping that I could spend $150 on a coffee table and get 15,000 but I guess that won't work. Oh well. She hauled my old coffee table off and sold it at a yard sale while I was asleep, so I need one now. 7,500 points is still better than spending the money and getting nothing back in return.
[quote name='ssr']My post right above yours about the 5k points offer this Saturday includes a link of participating stores. For that event, MO seems to have about 25 participating stores. It's the same deal as yours except better because you don't have to spend as much initially to get the reward.[/QUOTE]
I don't know how I missed your post. The deal you get does seem like the better deal. I just wish we could have gotten another tiered deal. I was shocked when I saw there was only 3 SC stores for my deal, because they aren't in any major cities even. So then I figured I'd check how many stores back home get in on it and apparently the whole state had none. But now I know they just get a better deal.

[quote name='JCDogg911']Hey Josh, I know there is a post launch deal for Alice, will there be one for Shadows of the Damned? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

curious as well since I'm looking for a solid/good deal with Shadows of the Damned.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It is my sincere request that if you there are any deal requests, operational questions that you would like my direct feedback please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]

I just want to make sure that I don't miss anything![/QUOTE]

will do, thanks josh!

[quote name='ssr']Just got an email stating that KMart is having one of it's SYWR promotions. This Saturday earn 5000 SYWR points for every $50 you spend. It's only available at participating stores but I got a list of the participating stores for this promotion so I'll post it as a link here.

http://www.kmart.com/ue/home/6 18 K...MemberEventKU3R50A&eml=107883114&ruid=1003920[/QUOTE]
Feel free to update the Wiki in the op with this type of promotion! Thanks!!!

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']child of eden'

I can confirm this is true. lol.
But really. It is easily something that can be replayed and enjoyed time and time again just because of the beauty and pure enjoyment of the experience. Will you get something different between playthroughs, no, but on confoos point, and as Jon stewart stated in half baked, "everything is better on weeeeeeed, man.":cool: If your still young or a hippy, I would guess LSD would be an experience with this game.... WOW.

edit: I am in no way promoting the use of illegal substances with the game child of eden. OR AM I[/QUOTE]
I am going to Ann Arbor this weekend.......joking of course......

[quote name='alex12353']Josh, when is the big PS3 deal happening? Sorry if already answered, I've been on vacation.[/QUOTE]
There is a $50 gift card with the Black Ops bundle that will start 6/26 with choice of 2 select greatest hits games. :)

The SYWR deal for $100 off a PS3 is also that week but will be to select customers and actually on the Sears side (.com only).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back