Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KratosGOW2525']That did not work. It did not work with the 2 year warranty, and it did not work when I grabbed Syphon Filter: Dark Miror for 9.99..[/QUOTE]

If it didn't work when your purchases were over $20, then it's operator error somewhere. But if you grabbed just a $9.99 game, then no, the coupon won't work.

I grabbed Super Street Fighter IV, 19.99 before tax, 21.90 after tax. The error came up, I tried with the 2 year warranty, still got a error. Then I tried Dark Mirror, and after that the total purchase price was like 35$ it did not work. I am willing to trade this code if anyone wants it..

[quote name='nateeasy29']You can get a $5 off $20 Gaming Purchase Coupon in Burger King Transformer Kids Meals. Coupon is valid 6/20/11 to 7/23/11.[/QUOTE]

They had something similar with that Kinect cat game. Had very, very good luck using these. Read the terms though, I seem to remember a wonky condition on the coupon. Or perhaps that was $5 off $20 toy purchase.

Cashier must have made a mistake somewhere, or must have not entered your rewards card. You need to scan a rewards card when you redeem the coupons for purposes of avoiding fraud and tracking usage.

Looking at the small print of the BK Coupon. It does say limit 1 Gaming Kmart Coupon redeemable per transaction. Not valid for BUY1 GET 1 Events.

[quote name='OnettHero']I will NEVER understand why something as basic as having a game for sale on release day is such a widespread and hopeless fail at kmart.

Is there no management involvement? Is ther zero accountability? How it continues week after week at so many locations is beyond me.

Kmarts deals are awesome, but the customer service is just freaking hopeless. What goods a deal if the product isn't even available.[/QUOTE]

As a Kmart electronics employee I can tell you there is not a lot of emphasis from management about new releases. Granted we are one of the better stores out there but that is due to us doing it ourselves, because it is supposed to be done. In my opinion the biggest hindrance is the wide variety of things we are asked to do. Electronics employee only begins to describe my job.The past few days have been especially terrible, as the department is a mess from our yearly inventory, we have truck that needs to be put out, PLC's that needed to already be done, and the fact that I can only spend about half of my actual shift in electronics due to having to cover electronics, housewares, furniture, hardware, toys, sporting goods, and carryouts! We will never be as efficient as we can be with all the extra crap we have to deal with.

I'm new to the whole "buying games at K-Mart" thing and I have a question. Do I have to be a member to receive the $15 gaming coupon for Shadows of the Damned?

[quote name='PopcornBandit']I'm new to the whole "buying games at K-Mart" thing and I have a question. Do I have to be a member to receive the $15 gaming coupon for Shadows of the Damned?[/QUOTE]

Yurp.

[quote name='PopcornBandit']Is it the Shop Your Way Rewards that I need to be a member of?[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

You can sign up in store or online, pretty simple process.

[quote name='martinez91']As a Kmart electronics employee I can tell you there is not a lot of emphasis from management about new releases. Granted we are one of the better stores out there but that is due to us doing it ourselves, because it is supposed to be done. In my opinion the biggest hindrance is the wide variety of things we are asked to do. Electronics employee only begins to describe my job.The past few days have been especially terrible, as the department is a mess from our yearly inventory, we have truck that needs to be put out, PLC's that needed to already be done, and the fact that I can only spend about half of my actual shift in electronics due to having to cover electronics, housewares, furniture, hardware, toys, sporting goods, and carryouts! We will never be as efficient as we can be with all the extra crap we have to deal with.[/QUOTE]

I see this going both ways... Having worked in retail myself, it's part of the job to cover multiple departments and do a variety of things outside of the range of what you'd expect to do in your area.

That said, if I went to work and gave some of the responses I've seen (and gotten) from some folks, I'd be fired. Our Kmart is horribly short staffed, so I get the longer than average waits, but being told things like "the lady in electronics is on lunch, come back in an hour or so" when I go to buy $300 worth of stuff is just unexcusable.

In short, everybody works hard and does more than their job description in retail. It's not an excuse for poor customer service. In fact, it's the opposite. It should be an excuse for better-than-average service. If I were Josh and had to read or deal with some of the customer service fails we se here, I'd tear my hair out.

That's why I wish Kmart had a regional merchandiser for the electronics department. Obviously they're trying to compete in this field and be better than the other box stores. If they had somebody to set all this up, take it out of the hands of the hourly, streamlining how its set up and presented, and giving a uniform presentation for the sales, and answered to corporate, then I think Josh's life would be easier and customer satisfaction would be higher as everybody could expect the same level of service on launch days.

Not to be a dick, but popping the lock off a cage and tossing a box of games in a case takes less han 5 minutes.
Not having time is a BS excuse.

[quote name='OnettHero']Not to be a dick, but popping the lock off a cage and tossing a box of games in a case takes less han 5 minutes.
Not having time is a BS excuse.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, for KMart it is, I'd have to say. of all the KMarts that I have been to, maybe 1 has had more then 2 employees that are able to go around to help, (not including manager who's usually at like the customer service desk or with overrides and stuff) cuz the other 2 or 3 are at the registers

I myself have done it at work more than once and I'm the meat dept manager.
Pop a lock, grab a box of games and put em out.
I've done it in the midst of 5 other tasks at once, it take absolutely no time. NO EXCUSE on not having time, its ludicrous.

Zelda: OOT in Indy:
Went to the one on W Washington St by the airport and they didn't have it out but the guy in electronics said they got in some new stuff today and were sorting it out in the back so it should be there tomorrow
Then I went to the one on Pendleton near where I live. There was a spot for it in the case but no copies. I asked the person working there and she had to open up a couple of boxes of "ad stuff" behind the desk but found me a copy, got the $15 coupon, and viola :D

Time to see if I can register it for the soundtrack now...

Wait- and what's this about SF4 for $19.99? Is that for the 3DS? If so, it's time to check out some more stores!

SI

hey, you guys who weren't able to get OoT today: you're in for a treat. Seeing this game in 3D and with the new graphics is really amazing. The difference from the N64 version is HUGE.

[quote name='sterlingice']Zelda: OOT in Indy:
Went to the one on W Washington St by the airport and they didn't have it out but the guy in electronics said they got in some new stuff today and were sorting it out in the back so it should be there tomorrow
Then I went to the one on Pendleton near where I live. There was a spot for it in the case but no copies. I asked the person working there and she had to open up a couple of boxes of "ad stuff" behind the desk but found me a copy, got the $15 coupon, and viola :D

Time to see if I can register it for the soundtrack now...

Wait- and what's this about SF4 for $19.99? Is that for the 3DS? If so, it's time to check out some more stores!

SI[/QUOTE]
nah the PS3 and 360 versions I believe. 3DS version is still $40 everywhere.

[quote name='sterlingice']Wait- and what's this about SF4 for $19.99? Is that for the 3DS? If so, it's time to check out some more stores![/QUOTE]

I assume he meant the console SF4. The 3DS edition is certainly not less than $39.99 this week.

When I worked in retail, if there were 5 or 50 employees there that day didn't matter. If the manager found out a major release wasn't out and should have been, heads would roll. And if somebody from the home office found out we were too busy to put out something, somebody's ass was grass. Especially if a customer asked and was turned away and didn't get help. And I honestly never, ever get it when people say they can't find the product. There's no chain of receiving for hundreds of dollars of merchandise? Again, where I worked, media was such a minor, minor, minor focus, but if a box of games couldn't be tracked down and had been missing, then people check cameras to figure out if there was a theft, the place is turned upside down, and somebodys job is in danger.

I just think that there is not enough people out there from the Kmart corporate to enforce this stuff. If people thought there were write ups and such from home office coming for these fails, you'd see some motivated workers who've suddenly found time.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']I went to K-Mart today to use my 20$ coupon, but I could not get the game because IT WAS ONE fuckING CENT UNDER 20.00. I will never, EVER shop at K-Mart again. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

You are seriously fuckn' kidding us with that post right? Seriously bro, what part of "$20 off purchase of $20 or higher didn't make sense to you?

sigh...where's confusedmoronicous when you need him w/ this "I like to keep people in line" post?

[quote name='DPsycho']I assume he meant the console SF4. The 3DS edition is certainly not less than $39.99 this week.[/QUOTE]

SSFIV on 360 is 19.99, not the 3DS version

When I worked at K-Mart in high school my manager would be extremely angry if new releases weren't out, hell on Monday nights we had to punch out at 9 then stay after to put out new releases to insure they were out first thing Tuesday morning. I don't see why more stores can't do this, I know you're not supposed to work after punching out, but it literally took us ten minutes to stock everything and put signs up. As for employees refusing to check the stockroom that's horrible. It only takes 5 minutes to walk in back and check. The only valid reason for something to not be out is if the freight trucks were late which rarely happens.

[quote name='OnettHero']Not to be a dick, but popping the lock off a cage and tossing a box of games in a case takes less han 5 minutes.
Not having time is a BS excuse.[/QUOTE]

I'm not necessarily saying that just for new releases being put out but also for the customer service issues and how nobody is ever actually in electronics. You go to Walmart and target and other places and they all have employees dedicated to electronics ONLY. I envy them....

[quote name='PopcornBandit']Is it the Shop Your Way Rewards that I need to be a member of?[/QUOTE]

Before you go buy your game, go register in-store at the customer service. You get your card right there, and you're all set to scan. Don't bother online, imo.

Walmart and Target's people are just as busy with a ton of space, more product, and more foot traffic to be accountable for. I have to wait at those places as long and longer for the same issues on sales and product, but I've never been sent away. Most likely because the home office has a strong presence and people would be fired if customers were told a new, advertised release and sale was not available.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']SSFIV on 360 is 19.99, not the 3DS version[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is exactly what I said. Thanks for agreeing.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Not sure if Josh mentioned this but I know a number of people had previously been asking about the Beatles Rock Band Value Bundles when we attempted to discount them to $49.99 but there was a pricing discrepancy...the good news is if you were looking for those I can confirm those are officially on clearance now and priced at $49.99.[/QUOTE]
Both the special value and limited bundles are the same $49.99, correct?

I don't mean to be so pissed about this, but I'm just fed up, I really am.

I've defended kmart many a time in here. I've put up with absolutely terrible employees being incredibly rude, and acting like having to help me ruins their day. I've put up with new releases never out, and having to argue with idiots who don't know anything about their games, policies, or sales.

Not just once on these issues, but over and over and over again. Its a regular thing. In no other retail establishment would this nonsense fly. I was so looking forward to this game and deal, and this time finally tore it.

Who do I talk to besides josh to get some kind of satisfaction? I emailed him.
But this crap is nuts. Saving money is what keeps me coming back, but the hoops you have to jmp thru and the incompetence you have to deal with have worn me thin.

[quote name='nateeasy29']You can get a $5 off $20 Gaming Purchase Coupon in Burger King Transformer Kids Meals. Coupon is valid 6/20/11 to 7/23/11.[/QUOTE]
Specifically for K-mart? That's a weird combo tie-in.

[quote name='nateeasy29']Looking at the small print of the BK Coupon. It does say limit 1 Gaming Kmart Coupon redeemable per transaction. Not valid for BUY1 GET 1 Events.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for checking, that was the catch... Can't use it with the coupons that print out with games purchases. And the toy coupon I remember that baby and preschool toys didn't apply, not that it'll matter to most here. LoL

[quote name='OnettHero']Who do I talk to besides josh to get some kind of satisfaction? I emailed him.[/QUOTE]

For anything that doesn't fall under his domain, he'll see to it that your email is distributed to the proper people. Josh is pretty good about personally tearing into employees who act incorrigibly, however. He gets just as upset about these things as the customers.

[quote name='splintercell']Specifically for K-mart? That's a weird combo tie-in.[/QUOTE]

They had a similar one over Christmas. Worked really well. There were a couple coupons with that one and if you used them, you ended up making a killing. For awhile they had a coupon for the kids meals that came with where you got the meal for like $.99 and $10 worth of toy and video game coupons with exclusive in-game add ons. Then BK got wise and wouldn't accept the Kids Meal coupons. LoL

Wasn't looking for Zelda at my store (#3873), but was looking for Transformers, which I figured shipped last week, and would have been in a long time ago, and this week's ad even specifies that it's already available. No such luck.

Although the electronics guy didn't check in the back, he was pretty adamant about not seeing either the game or the freebie comic. Apparently I wasn't the first person to ask about the game over the last few days, but his advice was to just check back later in the week.

K-mart deals are usually second to none, but the experience is almost always pretty full of frustration and disappointment.

Obtained my copy of Zelda:OoT at my local store (#3582) after the clerk went in the back to look for it. He was more than helpful to try to find the game after I specifically identified that the release date was today. The $15 coupon printed no problem.

Just as a heads up, there was signage in the Nintendo 3DS section notating a discount on both Dead or Alive: Dimensions & Samurai Warriors Chronicles for $29.99 beginning 06/19 through 06/25.

[quote name='splintercell']
K-mart deals are usually second to none, but the experience is almost always pretty full of frustration and disappointment.[/QUOTE]

I guess it just comes down to what you value more - a deal or your time/sanity. With other retailers getting more and more competitive, but with less frustration, at some point I would consider going elsewhere.

Picked up OoT today and used my inFAMOUS 2 and Child of Eden coupons. Total spent on the game is around $5.25 or so.
On Tuesday I'm going to use my $60 coupon from the 4GB 360 System to grab Shadows of the Damned (and something to put it over the $60). Total cost for Shadows (and random accessory) should be less than $5-7.
Next Sunday I will use my $15 OoT coupon and my $15 Shadows coupon to pick up Alice, already on sale for $34.99, for $5.

I love Kmart so goddamn much.

Also grabbed a blue Dualshock 3 for $35. I STILL hate how loose these thumbsticks are. God what a step down from the DS2...

Is this a problem at Kmart for the usual Tuesday releases, as well, or is this a Nintendo Sunday thing? I'm asking because how could a store be this unprepared for anything? I don't normally shop at Kmart and I was reminded why this morning with an attempted sale and incompetent employees and their ineptitude to complete a proper transaction that ended up taking nearly an hour. The only reason I decided to go with them this time was because they seemed to offer the best deal locally or online. Plus, time is of the essence with this one because of the Club Nintendo soundtrack offer.

I worked at Sears, Circuit City, and Toys R Us in my retail days and I can't understand why Kmart seems to be such a failure. This kind of thing would never fly at Target, Walmart, or any other major retailer. This isn't going to make the store a ton of money, but if you't even have your own advertisement set up and ready to go then you fail as a store. If you can't get it right times multiple stores across the country, you fail as a corporation. I understand that the store is understaffed, but that's not my problem, we were severely understaffed at TRU, but you put employees where the biggest/most expensive merchandise is because you don't want to lose it. You can't sell a $1000 HDTV if no one is there to help you buy it, why stick around as a customer if it is apparent they're not interested in helping you or taking your money?

This is why I prefer to shop online because there's rarely a problem finding customer service when there's something I want online. The only other thing I can think of is that management doesn't hang around the store on Sunday, so employees just do whatever the hell they want and thus customer service goes out the window, everyone is on an eternal lunch break or smoke break and/or gathering and chilling in the breakroom playing grabass.

Other than having to inform the employee that Zelda released today everything went well, and even then the employee was polite about it. Overall, I'm very pleased with my first K-Mart blog/CAG deal. The game? Not so much, haha. Amazon better be careful, K-Mart may end up taking a lot of my business if they keep it up.

So all around awful day at 3 kmarts.
First one near Potomac Mills, VA had no one in the section for 20 minutes. 3 others employees look for and call him. He finally shows and says we have to wait he's busy and storms off. My GF begs me to stay after 10 minutes he finally comes back and I storm off saying i don't care to be insulted when I shop and storm out.
Next store in md in Gaithersburg has Zelda but no transformers but no one in the department and there is a line. So I leave after 15 min wait.
Last store, my normal in Frederick, md has transformers no Zelda. I buy transformers use my card and no coupon. Also was told Zelda wasn't avaiable until next month.

So 3 stores, no Zelda, insulted, and no coupon equals me pissed off and upset.

So all around awful day at 3 kmarts.
First one near Potomac Mills, VA had no one in the section for 20 minutes. 3 others employees look for and call him. He finally shows and says i'm busy! You need to wait and storms off. My GF begs me to stay as i want to leave and after 10 minutes he finally comes back and I storm off saying i don't care to be insulted and treated poorly when i shop and i leave.
Next store in md in Gaithersburg has Zelda but no transformers but no one in the department and there is a line. So I leave after 15 min wait.
Last store, my normal store in Frederick, md has transformers no Zelda. I buy transformers use my card plus my coupon from infamous 2 but no coupon. Also was told Zelda wasn't avaiable until next month.

So 3 stores, no Zelda, insulted, and no coupon equals me pissed off and upset. How can I get my coupon now???

[quote name='Redeema']Is this a problem at Kmart for the usual Tuesday releases, as well, or is this a Nintendo Sunday thing? I'm asking because how could a store be this unprepared for anything? I don't normally shop at Kmart and I was reminded why this morning with an attempted sale and incompetent employees and their ineptitude to complete a proper transaction that ended up taking nearly an hour. The only reason I decided to go with them this time was because they seemed to offer the best deal locally or online. Plus, time is of the essence with this one because of the Club Nintendo soundtrack offer.

I worked at Sears, Circuit City, and Toys R Us in my retail days and I can't understand why Kmart seems to be such a failure. This kind of thing would never fly at Target, Walmart, or any other major retailer. This isn't going to make the store a ton of money, but if you't even have your own advertisement set up and ready to go then you fail as a store. If you can't get it right times multiple stores across the country, you fail as a corporation. I understand that the store is understaffed, but that's not my problem, we were severely understaffed at TRU, but you put employees where the biggest/most expensive merchandise is because you don't want to lose it. You can't sell a $1000 HDTV if no one is there to help you buy it, why stick around as a customer if it is apparent they're not interested in helping you or taking your money?

This is why I prefer to shop online because there's rarely a problem finding customer service when there's something I want online. The only other thing I can think of is that management doesn't hang around the store on Sunday, so employees just do whatever the hell they want and thus customer service goes out the window, everyone is on an eternal lunch break or smoke break and/or gathering and chilling in the breakroom playing grabass.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like some people simply have issues with the Sunday releases. I know at my local store, it doesn't matter if it's a Sunday or a Tuesday release; they are *never* in the glass case. Sometimes they are in boxes behind the register, but more often than not, they are in the backroom (on the other end of the store, no less).

no Zelda at my location. (store 3353). Bought it at Target, was tempted to get another game for 50% off, but nothing I want til resident evil. I'll pick that up in a few weeks, but unfortunately am sick of driving 15 minutes to Kmart for nothing. I'll pick up closer to home. Thanks for trying Josh and we all appreciate the awesome deals, but Kmart cant handle doing things correctly.

As I suspected no Zelda in the case when i got to Kmart around noon today. I asked the usual employee about it and he went to check for it in the back, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't get any trouble about the Sunday release date like I have in the past. I did get the game and used a $20 coupon on it along with my SYWR card but no $15 coupon printed so I guess I'll be sending Josh an email...otherwise not the best experience ever but I did get what I was looking for and the employees were helpful.

First true fail at store 4826. Told my wife no Zelda in stock. I will get more details when she gets home.

EDIT: So my wife asks for Zelda and even pointed it out in an ad and the clerk said it was not in and suggested we try back tomorrow. Now I would have pressed the issue myself, but my wife just accepted the defeat. Keep in mind that this is close to closing time as well so it was not on the shelf all day at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if the dualshock 3 deal is only for the black one? or for the other colors also? and would this be limited to 2 per person? or since its an ad deal i can get as many as i want?

[quote name='SPVietBoy']Anyone know if the dualshock 3 deal is only for the black one? or for the other colors also? and would this be limited to 2 per person? or since its an ad deal i can get as many as i want?[/QUOTE]

I got a blue one and the black and white ones were both marked $34.99 as well, so I'm going to assume it's all colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back