Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DPsycho']My KMarts are among the test areas, and yes, most newer games (the ones that would have been behind glass) are in individual cases. Those that had already been loose on the shelves are still.

I'm not sure I'd buy the story about a kid grabbing all the new release games, but if your return fraud theory is correct, you can ask about it when there are suddenly several copies back on the shelf the same day the next big thing releases.[/QUOTE]

So is it essentially how it is right now except no glass in the case and games in the plastic cases or is it setup radically different?

[quote name='SAVertigo']I got DS3 today, no problem with redeeming my $20 Noire coupon, or getting a new $15.

Any word on the Alice upcoming deal?[/QUOTE]
Last I heard was it was going to be like the portal 2 deal (but that was awhile ago) so if all goes well and it is true, $34.99 on Sunday but no real confirmation from Josh.

I am all for the non glass cases at k-mart. It saves me the hassle of trying to get someone to get me a game (which usually annoys them where I shop).

[quote name='SAVertigo']Wow, I coudl pick up Alice for $20 with my DS3 coupon. Nice. I hope that's the case.[/QUOTE]
I really do, I mean I originally had no interest in the game, but after watching a few trailers and seeing I can get it for $5 with my two coupons for Zelda and Shadows of the Damned, yeah :D. Not to mention it comes with the original game which is worth a $10 download alone.

My buddy rented it, brought it over, and I fell in love with it. It's just such a neat looking game. I haven't played a good 3D platformer in so long, it was refreshing.

Went to the Burbank, CA KMart this morning and didn't find Shadows of the Damned. Asked the lady working the Electronics department about it and she was helpful. She went to look in the back, where she saw FEAR 3 earlier in the morning, and came back empty handed. I figured I could try back tomorrow or a different one in the area.

Quick question about the Alice deal. Could I buy a copy now, then return/rebuy during the sale next week and use a coupon on it during that transaction as well?

[quote name='advanced']Quick question about the Alice deal. Could I buy a copy now, then return/rebuy during the sale next week and use a coupon on it during that transaction as well?[/QUOTE]That shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='cheesebu']Is this a new thing? I never knew i could do that, the only time i tried CS they wouldn't even check their own site, they just said no.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if it's not in the ad then the chances of them actually checking the blog are about 1%. Emailing Josh is the way to go.

Is Castlevania LOS Limited Editon correct at being $19.99?

Picked it up today, seemed odd as the regular editions were all tagged $59.99.

[quote name='Gerry P.']That shouldn't be a problem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I should only use the coupon on the sale transaction, right?

Called around and Burbank still didn't have it. Neither did Sherman Oaks, CA. I broke down and used some credit at Amazon to get it. Sorry Josh, I tried!

Picked up Dungeon Siege III no problem today at a Kmart in Annandale, VA. Used a previous coupon and the new coupon printed fine. Was debating between DSIII and Shadows of the Damned, but I decided on DSIII, will probably get SoD later. If anyone got this game, please post your impressions as I'm curious . . . looks really whacked out!

[quote name='martinez91']So is it essentially how it is right now except no glass in the case and games in the plastic cases or is it setup radically different?[/QUOTE]

The older games are displayed pretty much the same as they had been, though it's possible the store is still in the process of making it over.

Where the glass case had been is now rather beautifully arranged with clear pictorial markers for the different systems. The shelves have curved plastic "arms" to hold the games in place, pushed toward the front. They seem to go five or six games deep, don't recall. At both stores, the section was made to seem more roomy by opening up the area around the shelves. At one of them, you previously had to take the long way around the cashier station to get to the 360 and PS3 games, but now you can walk right up to it.

I like it so far.

[quote name='DPsycho']The older games are displayed pretty much the same as they had been, though it's possible the store is still in the process of making it over.

Where the glass case had been is now rather beautifully arranged with clear pictorial markers for the different systems. The shelves have curved plastic "arms" to hold the games in place, pushed toward the front. They seem to go five or six games deep, don't recall. At both stores, the section was made to seem more roomy by opening up the area around the shelves. At one of them, you previously had to take the long way around the cashier station to get to the 360 and PS3 games, but now you can walk right up to it.

I like it so far.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I was wondering what Josh had in mind since I remember him making fun of Target for their expensive fixtures... If it's not too much of a pain could someone in one of the test areas take a picture of one of them next time they're at kmart?

Was going to go pick up Shadows of the Damned w/ my coupon from Child of Eden, but I couldn't find where I put it.

Checked the FAQ, but I didn't see this covered: Would the store accept a print-out of the coupon from my emailed digital receipt?

[quote name='dafunkk12']Checked the FAQ, but I didn't see this covered: Would the store accept a print-out of the coupon from my emailed digital receipt?[/QUOTE]

They are supposed to, but some people have run into difficulty since the employees were told at the end of the previous (exploited) coupon system not to accept the like.

A printed coupon should work, but you may be unfairly scrutinized for it.

Just went to kmart on bruckner blvd and another at baychester. Lazy employees, sign at me when trying to ask for a game and in both places I hear I won't look in the back cause if it's not there it's not there. Both kmarts are in the Bronx and it's been two weeks I had to go home with nothing. Baychester horrible and bruckner got better but now it's getting bad. I wanted to buy shadows of the damned.

Has anybody had issues with not getting the electronic copies of receipts/offers to your email lately? Mine used to be delivered almost instantly, usually while I was still at the counter after a purchase. That stopped happening about a month ago, despite the fact that all the purchases correctly reflect in my SYWR account online.

Not a lot of hassle at the Kmart in Chicago. The games are no longer behind glass cases so I didn't need to hunt down an employee, thought 2 were readily available. Found F3Ar but the employee checked in the back for Shadows but said they were sold out. The cashier/manager really tried to sell my niece and sister a Sears rewards card and really pushed money back deals which got them annoyed.
Ran to Best Buy next door and picked up Shadows. Will use the rewards coupon for F3AR on Alice on Sunday, add the Amazon Gold Box event of getting a 360 with kinect and $100 credit, it was an amazing day for gaming.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I really do, I mean I originally had no interest in the game, but after watching a few trailers and seeing I can get it for $5 with my two coupons for Zelda and Shadows of the Damned, yeah :D. Not to mention it comes with the original game which is worth a $10 download alone.[/QUOTE]

One coupon per purchase, you can't use both.

I actually had a "good "experience today. My first KMart was all sold out of games , so I went to the bigger one. '

The same guy who rang me out for LA Noire rang me out again. We talked about how there was only 1 copy left of DS3 and he was like "yeah this game sold fast today" and I said "it's that coupon thing you guys do" and he goes "yeah, that's really helping. I need to stock more of the new games when they announce the coupons, we sold out of Alice on day 1 last week"

I guess the KMart Gamer thing is working. It's working well for me at least.

[quote name='Scarlet H']One coupon per purchase, you can't use both.[/QUOTE]

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that you can use as many coupon's as you want as long as they have different barcodes (aka obtained from purchases of different games)

[quote name='Malibu_Barbie']Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that you can use as many coupon's as you want as long as they have different barcodes (aka obtained from purchases of different games)[/QUOTE]

I concur.

As long as the promo type of the coupon isn't the same, you can stack'em

[quote name='aznhero913']I concur.

As long as the promo type of the coupon isn't the same, you can stack'em[/QUOTE]
I don't see why a Zelda Coupon and a Shadows of the Damned Coupon would not stack. They are on two different transactions as well.

[quote name='martinez91']How did it look? Were they in plastic cases?[/QUOTE]

Pretty good. Aside from there being alot of empty slots. Yes, all in security cases.

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/176/img20110621115822.jpg

Not the best picture(since I didn't realize it was blurry) but it gives you an idea. Theres also this divider in the middle, that has a the system logo on it. All the cheaper games are now in the aisles next to console specfic accessories. Though this kmart was lacking, I guess they might have them in the back still.

As far as this kmart goes, there was actually a display that said new releases. Someone didn't actually put the new releases in there though.....

People are correct. Two coupons gained from different games may be combined in one transaction. The ONLY time you cannot use two coupons (price allowing) is when you bought the same game twice to earn two that are identical.

whoo~!! used my Infamous credit to buy SOTD!!

also picked up 2 packs of playing cards...

today was my 2nd time doing the whole Kmart thang and it's good stuff!!

too bad there arent anymore games I want... I'll be cashing in my $15 towards sum xbox points next week.

Bought Shadows of the DAMNED earlier today. It didn't go smoothly at first as the game was not in the case (but other 6/21 releases were), so I asked the guy working there who turned out to be SUPER. He was the one who put out the new releases and stated he didn't recall seeing that game, but he went back and checked for me. Came back empty handed, but after seeing my disappointment wasn't content and went to search more thoroughly. Fast forward 3 minutes later and here he comes with copies of the game, we shared a high-five.

He stated the reason for them not being out was that they actually received the shipment for the game a week prior and he was told repeatedly to not put them out, so ultimately they were ignored to the point they were going to be forgotten. But no harm done, I used my $20 Noire coupon and got the game for $43 after tax, a price in which he acknowleged was a heck of a deal. $15 coupon printed out fine, I'll be returning to use it this Sunday and walk out the door with Alice for $20.

Went in to Kmart this morning to pick up Shadows of the DAMNED. Needed to grab some 3DS Screen Protectors as well, so I grabbed a pack with them and some spare styli. Total rang up at like $74 and some change. Handed the lady my coupon, she scanned it.
"And now your total is.... $10.58?? WOW! What the hell kind of coupon was THAT?"
I explained the previous week's 360 coupon and she thought it was pretty awesome that I pretty much got a new game for nothing. She's always there for new releases and as soon as she saw me she said "Here for another game and coupon?" with a big grin. She's awesome.
I feel bad for all the people who have Kmarts with shitty, uncaring employees. I love my Berwick store.

[quote name='SAVertigo']I got DS3 today, no problem with redeeming my $20 Noire coupon, or getting a new $15.

Any word on the Alice upcoming deal?[/QUOTE]
You get a coupon for buying the DS3 that's on sale this week? It doesn't say that on 1st page just that's it's 34.99.

yeah it's too bad that we keep reading these annoying stories week after week.

I've been pretty lucky once I stopped going to the store closest to me, which is an absolute waste.

I do think that that corporate customer care number and contacting josh helps your store get its shit together.

[quote name='chicho13_420']You get a coupon for buying the DS3 that's on sale this week? It doesn't say that on 1st page just that's it's 34.99.[/QUOTE]

I think he means Dungeon Siege III.

Kind of regretting picking up Shadows of the Damned instead of Fear 3 or Dungeon Siege today. The game can be quite fun and rather hilarious at times but there are some very tedious sections/boss battles.

Is there gonna be any deals on Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon? It comes out july 5. I love playing earth defense force 2017.

[quote name='gundamb0i']Is there gonna be any deals on Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon? It comes out july 5. I love playing earth defense force 2017.[/QUOTE]

Kmart won't be carrying it :whistle2:(

I'm getting pretty good at getting stuff from the Kmart, closest to my work. First thing I do is stop by customer service to get them to page someone to electronics. Usually by the time I get there I only have to wait 5 minutes. By then I usually see what I want has not been brought out from the back. I ask the person to go check and 3 or 4 minutes later they come out with my game.

Picked up Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and got the $15 GC. I was going to hold on to the $15 GC hoping Kmart might do a sale on Infamous 2, but someone was selling it cheap on ebay, so I grabbed it. I think now I'm going to use it for XBL points and get Trenched that got released today.

[quote name='gundamb0i']Is there gonna be any deals on Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon? It comes out july 5. I love playing earth defense force 2017.[/QUOTE]

super disappointed they won't be carrying that one either, I loved EDF 2017 as well!

Should send me your gamertag for some online co-op when it comes out!

Don't regret not getting Dungeon Siege. That game is only worth $30 or less IMO. The camera sucks, the graphics are PS2 quality, and if I remember correctly, only the host of a multiplayer game gets XP. The demo is out there for all 360 users to try now as it's no longer Gold exclusive.

If you're wanting that type of game day 1, look for the Lord of the Rings: War of the North being done by Snowblind Studios that did the console Baldur's Gate, Champions of Norath, and Justice League games. I believe it comes out in August or September.

[quote name='jer7583']super disappointed they won't be carrying that one either, I loved EDF 2017 as well!

Should send me your gamertag for some online co-op when it comes out![/QUOTE]
I never played the original as I dont have a 360, but I kept hearing how fun the first was despite its issues. I really want to pick up the new one for PS3 and was wondering why there was no deal at Kmart.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Don't regret not getting Dungeon Siege. That game is only worth $30 or less IMO. The camera sucks, the graphics are PS2 quality, and if I remember correctly, only the host of a multiplayer game gets XP. The demo is out there for all 360 users to try now as it's no longer Gold exclusive.

If you're wanting that type of game day 1, look for the Lord of the Rings: War of the North being done by Snowblind Studios that did the console Baldur's Gate, Champions of Norath, and Justice League games. I believe it comes out in August or September.[/QUOTE]

1) The camera does suck
2) both of us are leveling up, so your "only the host gets XP" is wrong
3) It's a dungeon crawler with a shitty camera. The graphics are fine for what it is.

If you're looking for a multiplayer Diabloesque game...then this is it.

Quick question to the board. I know its a long shot but does anyone know if K-mart will stock Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 next week? I assume they won't as its likely a niche tittle but wanted to ask just in case.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back