Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I was taking my info from the Joysitq review, I must be mistaken.

"until I tried the game's co-op component. Immediately, the camera, which was already hit-or-miss in the single player, pulled back to a really awkward spot, which made seeing where we were going pretty difficult. Not being able to see where we're going doesn't exactly help the already goofy pathfinding.

To make matters worse, other player's characters can't even come into our world! They simply have to take over a prefabricated AI companion, using all the stats that we bestowed on them. What's the point of having four-player co-op in an action RPG if you can't steal the loot from another player's world? It's an unforgivable offense which other games in the genre fixed years ago."

That may have been a weird prebuild thing.. I dunno.

My buddy played single player for a few hours before he joined my game(at the very beginning) and all his stuff came with him.. We were both surprised by that.

[quote name='SAVertigo']That may have been a weird prebuild thing.. I dunno.

My buddy played single player for a few hours before he joined my game(at the very beginning) and all his stuff came with him.. We were both surprised by that.[/QUOTE]
Oh, fantastic then. I am glad that they fixed that. I heard everyone bitching about that multiplayer problem, guess they changed it.

I have still yet to start DS III. It will be the game I start after I finish Duke Nukem, and Shadows of the Damned :D.

[quote name='SAVertigo']If you're looking for a multiplayer Diabloesque game...then this is it.[/QUOTE]

No thanks, I'll stick with Sacred 2.

I officially give up on my store. Dungeon Siege/Shadows still not stocked, Transfomers comic still not available. Employee won't even look anywhere, says he knows they don't have any of this stuff, doesn't matter what's advertised in the ad.

Manager is called, confirms the "we don't have it, and that's final" story. I politely ask for a number for her DM. She says he doesn't take any calls and refers all problems to the store anyway.

[quote name='splintercell']Manager is called, confirms the "we don't have it, and that's final" story. I politely ask for a number for her DM. She says he doesn't take any calls and refers all problems to the store anyway.[/QUOTE]
I call bullshit on the manager. It's likely she just doesn't want to give you the number so she won't get complaints against her or the store.

Email Josh. Even if you don't go back, he'll still be able to help you resolve this, and can pass it on the right people. Maybe even help you get in touch with the DM. It's worth a shot. I know someone posted a link to an online complaint/rating thing for Kmart, might want to look into that too.

[quote name='splintercell']I officially give up on my store. Dungeon Siege/Shadows still not stocked, Transfomers comic still not available. Employee won't even look anywhere, says he knows they don't have any of this stuff, doesn't matter what's advertised in the ad.

Manager is called, confirms the "we don't have it, and that's final" story. I politely ask for a number for her DM. She says he doesn't take any calls and refers all problems to the store anyway.[/QUOTE]
I call 100% bullshit on the manager. She is probably too lazy to do her job and then wants nothing done against her laziness.

My recommend is to call customer service (1-866-KMART-4U (1-866-562-7848)) and file a complaint against the manager and that store. (Josh isn't here this week, so give that a try) Make it clear and explain the whole the situation and what the manager was saying about not giving you the DM's number and stuff.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I call bullshit on the manager. It's likely she just doesn't want to give you the number so she won't get complaints against her or the store.

Email Josh. Even if you don't go back, he'll still be able to help you resolve this, and can pass it on the right people. Maybe even help you get in touch with the DM. It's worth a shot. I know someone posted a link to an online complaint/rating thing for Kmart, might want to look into that too.[/QUOTE]
I know it's BS, and I am following up through these channels, although I hate to bother Josh yet again. The worst part is that short of replacing a lot of the staff at that store, I doubt much can change. I mean, even before the DM question, the manager already arrives looking pissed off at me.

All those people there get annoyed at any little question out of the ordinary, refuse to help, don't really care about whether a customer is having a good experience, so it's not like they can somehow be re-trained. And nobody will fire a good chunk of the store over a handful of complaints.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I call bullshit on the manager. It's likely she just doesn't want to give you the number so she won't get complaints against her or the store.

Email Josh. Even if you don't go back, he'll still be able to help you resolve this, and can pass it on the right people. Maybe even help you get in touch with the DM. It's worth a shot. I know someone posted a link to an online complaint/rating thing for Kmart, might want to look into that too.[/QUOTE]
Get her, Phelps! I'll head her off with the car. (random ragdoll physics-induced death) Just kidding.

In all seriousness, I agree about calling bullshit on the manager. It seems more like buffaloshit to me, and it reeks. Whoever smelt it, dealt it. Okay, I have no idea where I'm going with this.

[quote name='splintercell']I know it's BS, and I am following up through these channels, although I hate to bother Josh yet again. The worst part is that short of replacing a lot of the staff at that store, I doubt much can change. I mean, even before the DM question, the manager already arrives looking pissed off at me.

All those people there get annoyed at any little question out of the ordinary, refuse to help, don't really care about whether a customer is having a good experience, so it's not like they can somehow be re-trained. And nobody will fire a good chunk of the store over a handful of complaints.[/QUOTE]

Ah, but we will :lol: (Note: not Kmart). Our legal just fired 31 people in the same store for "conduct unbecoming to our image and core policies" based on complaints and overall ineffectiveness based on surveys...aka being fucking idiots. SM, ASMs and many hourly supervisors were zapped all in around a week. Of eight salaried managers, two remain. One of them was a pioneer in the change and was mainly ignored by us. Obviously as we knew who we were firing we lined up replacements to fill the void. Store doesn't exactly like me now (closest to my house) but at least the customers and staff have people who know the rules and will follow them while acknowledging there is a lot of gray area in retail and will treat everyone with respect.

[quote name='splintercell']I know it's BS, and I am following up through these channels, although I hate to bother Josh yet again. The worst part is that short of replacing a lot of the staff at that store, I doubt much can change. I mean, even before the DM question, the manager already arrives looking pissed off at me.

All those people there get annoyed at any little question out of the ordinary, refuse to help, don't really care about whether a customer is having a good experience, so it's not like they can somehow be re-trained. And nobody will fire a good chunk of the store over a handful of complaints.[/QUOTE]
You might be surprised. I am sure K-mart would rather have good employees instead of people who are unfriendly and unhelpful. K-mart has shown to me over this past year that they actually do care about all of us, and I am sure action will be taken, just call customer support, and e-mail Josh.

I've been visiting the Kmart that is a little away from my place (15 min), instead of the one just nearby (5 min). I've finally called customer service regarding the store nearby and they are going to process that feedback. They are also going to mail me a coupon after the long discussion. Seriously, the one 15 min away from my house is like heaven's store as opposed to the hellish store near my house.

[quote name='splintercell']All those people there get annoyed at any little question out of the ordinary...[/QUOTE]

It's a sad situation when requesting that someone locate an advertised item with the intent to purchase it can be considered a question out of the ordinary.

I understand that no one wants to be the one that initiates a regime change, but growing to accept mediocrity (or worse) isn't a favorable alternative. Nor is having to go with inferior competitor offers.

[quote name='DPsycho']It's a sad situation when requesting that someone locate an advertised item with the intent to purchase it can be considered a question out of the ordinary.

I understand that no one wants to be the one that initiates a regime change, but growing to accept mediocrity (or worse) isn't a favorable alternative. Nor is having to go with inferior competitor offers.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, like with Zelda. I almost went to gamestop, and paid full retail because of the whole soundtrack fiasco. I myself should not have to deal with this, and if it means getting rid of people who wont do their job, then so be it. I mean I know working at k-mart is a shit job, but with a little helpfulness and a smile, you can at least make your customers feel welcomed and in return, maybe make your job more meaningful.

I have 2 kmarts within 10 mins of each other. One is barren, lack customer service, no employee is ever in electronic section. Needless to say I avoid that store at all cost, instead I go to the other one. Their shelves are stocked, tuesday releases put out in the early morning. One older lady generally works the electronic section everytime i am their. Granted she is not too familiar with videogames...but guess what off sets that....She is actually helpful, tries to understand what your looking for, and goes to the stock room to look for an item even before I ask. She actually is a generally cheerful person who understand a job REQUIRES work...which might seem odd to some kmart employees I ran into.

I have a $20 gaming coupon that is set to expire, anybody know of any specials for next week as far as relative new games below retail?

last resort I will just pick up a 1600 XBL point card If I their are no good deals next week.

[quote name='nietzsche74']SHC, there is presently a power-outage at my local Kmart preventing all business. What can you do about it?[/QUOTE]

Something you should email him about. Also have to remember he is on vacation right now

[quote name='nietzsche74']SHC, there is presently a power-outage at my local Kmart preventing all business. What can you do about it?[/QUOTE]

Ha!

I really wish we could see what kind of impact we have on Kmart overall. Maybe like some graphic on complaints and server from past to now. I'd like to see the impact of our demographic on the electronics section. :lol:

It seems a lot of us CAG's are even more bolder now with all the reports I see of reporting bad stores. Maybe Kmart is like stress therapy because some of us can go to a particular store knowing we can vent our anger there. :rofl:

Just my $0.02

What exactly do you plan on him doing? Hop on a plan and flip the circuit breaker for you? Its only Wed's, so the deals still have several days till they expire.;)

[quote name='jc48573']I've been visiting the Kmart that is a little away from my place (15 min), instead of the one just nearby (5 min). I've finally called customer service regarding the store nearby and they are going to process that feedback. They are also going to mail me a coupon after the long discussion. Seriously, the one 15 min away from my house is like heaven's store as opposed to the hellish store near my house.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the exact same situation. The kmart by my house is a hell hole but the one a few more miles out is great. I walked in there and it was like "oh my god, the games are actually organized."

[quote name='Poor2More']What exactly do you plan on him doing? Hop on a plan and flip the circuit breaker for you? Its only Wed's, so the deals still have several days till they expire.;)[/QUOTE]

I think it was meant in the sense he can't redeem the offer. In that case, do it online and email Josh the order details and he'll fulfill the orders promotions. If he actually wanted Josh to "fix" it :lol:

Josh forgot his cape!

[quote name='MSUHitman']Don't regret not getting Dungeon Siege. That game is only worth $30 or less IMO. The camera sucks, the graphics are PS2 quality, and if I remember correctly, only the host of a multiplayer game gets XP. The demo is out there for all 360 users to try now as it's no longer Gold exclusive.

If you're wanting that type of game day 1, look for the Lord of the Rings: War of the North being done by Snowblind Studios that did the console Baldur's Gate, Champions of Norath, and Justice League games. I believe it comes out in August or September.[/QUOTE]

I played the demo and thought it was pretty good. It's not JUST like the old Dungeon Sieges which has everybody up in arms but I enjoyed it for what it was. I don't care about multiplayer so its issues would have little impact on me but I'm glad if they did fix it for those that do care.

When I use to work retail there was a power outage at a Wal-Mart I was servicing and they had to have all the customers leave. I stuck around for an hour before I left since I wasn't a Wal-Mart employee. They then sent some employees home while others had to stick around and put away the stuff in the carts.

I'd enjoy hack-and-slash games more if magicks didn't engulf or proliferate the entire screen all the time. It's like medieval-ized Dragon Ball Z, but in isometric view and with elves and shit (just kidding). Now, a hack-and-slash game fused with elements from Call of Duty or Bad Company a la the Elder Kai's mystic Potara rings Super Saiyan-style. Now, that would be something.

All I want is to be able to sneak up behind people and stab them through the throat, or take cover in buildings while waiting for enemies to walk in, and then ambushing them by slicing them in the heels. Y'know? But alas, I can't do that with the current state of hack-and-slash games. Just kidding.

[quote name='caponesgun']I think it was meant in the sense he can't redeem the offer. In that case, do it online and email Josh the order details and he'll fulfill the orders promotions. If he actually wanted Josh to "fix" it :lol:

Josh forgot his cape![/QUOTE]

I got the impression that he was being tongue-in-cheek about the crazy things people ask of Josh that he has no control over and that wouldn't be too far off from what someone could legitimately ask.

Now if he is indeed being serious, then I'm speechless. :lol:

[quote name='omyard']When I use to work retail there was a power outage at a Wal-Mart I was servicing and they had to have all the customers leave. I stuck around for an hour before I left since I wasn't a Wal-Mart employee. They then sent some employees home while others had to stick around and put away the stuff in the carts.[/QUOTE]

I worked at Meijer during my summer breaks in college. When the power went out, they had a generator, so they stayed open. Lights were dimmed, but the registers had power. The open-air floor freezers in the grocery had to get emptied out, though, and everything taken to the big refrigerated cooler in the backroom. Moral of the story - I'm surprised that the Kmart store in question doesn't have backup power.

Thanks SHC, I don't know how you did it, but I just came back from Kmart and their power was fully restored. Picked up my Shadows of the Damned and $15 gaming coupon without incident.

CAGs, this just goes to show that SHC Gamer can take care of any problem, no matter the size!

Hey... I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I accidently clicked on one of my Kmart digital receipts in my email and noticed it was a copy of my $15 gaming coupon! A nice thing to be aware of if I was ever not able to receive a physical copy.

[quote name='Killbomb']I played the demo and thought it was pretty good. It's not JUST like the old Dungeon Sieges which has everybody up in arms but I enjoyed it for what it was. I don't care about multiplayer so its issues would have little impact on me but I'm glad if they did fix it for those that do care.[/QUOTE]

I've never played any Dungeon Siege game but the demo made me feel just blah and wait for a price drop and/or looking towards War in the North.

not sure where to put this but there was a $5 of $20 gaming coupon in my kiddos happy meal from Burger King.

Guess it isn't a happy meal from BK......lol

[quote name='Poor2More']I have a $20 gaming coupon that is set to expire, anybody know of any specials for next week as far as relative new games below retail?

last resort I will just pick up a 1600 XBL point card If I their are no good deals next week.[/QUOTE]
Curious about this as well.

BTW, you'd need a filler to get a 1600 point card. They are $19.99.

Somewhat off topic but an interesting read about sears/kmart nonetheless. http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112989/brands-disappear-2012-247

I'm not saying it will happen and even though I work at Kmart I have no insider knowledge but Josh has said when asked about bringing these deals to Sears that someday it will "make sense". If you read the article it says the only option Sears Holdings may have is to consolidate the two brands into one to save on marketing and location costs, and that of the two Kmart would be the better choice. This year may be very interesting for SHC...

[quote name='martinez91']Somewhat off topic but an interesting read about sears/kmart nonetheless. http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112989/brands-disappear-2012-247

I'm not saying it will happen and even though I work at Kmart I have no insider knowledge but Josh has said when asked about bringing these deals to Sears that someday it will "make sense". If you read the article it says the only option Sears Holdings may have is to consolidate the two brands into one to save on marketing and location costs, and that of the two Kmart would be the better choice. This year may be very interesting for SHC...[/QUOTE]

It's interesting that they predict shuttering sears but keeping kmart. In my area Sears stores are much nicer, which I guess means more overhead since all the employees are huddled near the appliances discussing whatever.

Also, whoever wrote that piece needs to get a proofreader.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']It's interesting that they predict shuttering sears but keeping kmart. In my area Sears stores are much nicer, which I guess means more overhead since all the employees are huddled near the appliances discussing whatever.

Also, whoever wrote that piece needs to get a proofreaded.[/QUOTE]

I find it interesting when thinking about the locations as many Kmarts are not in the best neighborhoods, but money is money and I guess Kmart is losing less of it. I would also imagine if they did consolidate to one brand they would shift some kmarts to current sears locations as well. Even though they've talked about Sears Holdings troubles before I think this is the year something finally happens.

Edit: I would also love to have a renovated electronics area, I know Sears has bigger and better T.V.'s and generally better customer service so if they consolidated that would probably mean less stores but better stores with a wider selection and more employees as well! Of course this is all speculation but as an employee I can't help but think about it...

[quote name='cardsharkrob']This sucks, I have 2 20 dollar gaming coupons and nothing I want with them[/QUOTE]

go pick up 2 PSN cards. sell them on CAG for $15 each.

I had car trouble and couldn't get a chance to make it to a Kmart on Saturday. I was just wondering if anyone knew if Dynasty Warriors 7 was on sale just for that 1 week or is it still on sale for $39.99?

[quote name='confoosious']go pick up 2 PSN cards. sell them on CAG for $15 each.[/QUOTE]

I love how you lie in your sig...

Just proves the type of POS you are.

[quote name='aznhero913']I love how you lie in your sig...

Just proves the type of POS you are.[/QUOTE]

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today! :bouncy:

I love how you attack me out of nowhere and I'm the POS? Nice.

[quote name='confoosious']Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today! :bouncy:

I love how you attack me out of nowhere and I'm the POS? Nice.[/QUOTE]

Unlike you, I have a life and I don't troll CAG 24/7 so this is the first I saw of it.

At least if you wanna attack someone, have the fuckn decency to be accurate you MFing hypocrite.

You pathetic asshole, you sit there and mod alert peoples posts and try to get them banned on an everyday basis and you have the god damn nerve to say someone else is bitching to the mods?

Seriously bro, go fuck yourself.

Still couldn't find my coupon from Child of Eden, but my store took my digital receipt version no problem. They had F3AR and Cars 2 out in the console/camera "island" (not in the games case) but not Shadows of the Damned. As soon as I got someone over to the electronics section, they were able to get it out of the back in about a minute. The coupon train continues! ...Though yet again not without having to first retrieve the game from the warehouse.

[quote name='martinez91']Somewhat off topic but an interesting read about sears/kmart nonetheless. http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112989/brands-disappear-2012-247

I'm not saying it will happen and even though I work at Kmart I have no insider knowledge but Josh has said when asked about bringing these deals to Sears that someday it will "make sense". If you read the article it says the only option Sears Holdings may have is to consolidate the two brands into one to save on marketing and location costs, and that of the two Kmart would be the better choice. This year may be very interesting for SHC...[/QUOTE]

To be honest both brands around here = ghetto. Sears is hilariously overstaffed but neither brand carries anything but negative connotations. Sad because the kmarts around here are actually pretty helpful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back