Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lyricsborn']It kills me when someone I know pays MSRP at Gamestop, but even when I tell them about these deals they bitch and moan complainig how it's alot Of work.[/QUOTE]

My friend is like that too. Doesn't want to sign up for the card because he's busy and doesn't want to purchase the games from Amazon because he wants to save money and not use his credit card. Both places had the Killzone 3/Socom 4 + Sharpshooter which he's been trying to get from BB but again too much work. Guy is working as a consultant on the side to make more money to off set his gaming spending.

[quote name='CheapAssChuck']If the coupons are only valid 7/5 - 7/10, how do you combine them with the Alice deal (which I thought ends 7/2)?[/QUOTE]

You won't be able to use it on the Alice deal. I just bought Alice and a PSN card and got the $10 coupon. I'm sure the idea behind the coupon and the 10x points offer during the above time period is to get people in Kmart during a week when most are on vacation.

I wish the PS3 deal was for next week so I could use the 10x points on it = $30 extra dollars (plus two free games and a $50 gift card).

Picked up Alice yesterday for a friend with my $20 coupon. Once again SHC, my wallet hates you, but my heart loves you so much.

Oh god I just read that Sonic Generations is coming out in November.

So with that, this bring my buying so far list to...

Oct
Rage
Dark Souls
Battlefield 3

November
Skyrim
Saints Row 3
Rayman Origins
Sonic Generations (Both PS3 and 3DS).

Sometime in Q4
Skyward Sword

Dear lord. I am going to be in a gaming apocalypse :lol:.

[quote name='ShockandAww']It's not about whether it's niche or not but whether or not it's good. Catherine (which looks like garbage to me) and Disgaea might be good but other than that I dont know of anything Kmart isn't carrying that'd be worth anyones money.[/QUOTE]

So you decide what's good for everyone? Seriously you might have said the most ignorant thing I have ever read on this site. You have no business telling anyone what is worth THEIR money.

That should keep you busy for a while Sir_Fragalot. I'm just looking forward to Rage, Skyrim, and Bioshock Infinite. I know that alone should be many hours.

[quote name='ShockandAww']It's not about whether it's niche or not but whether or not it's good. Catherine (which looks like garbage to me) and Disgaea might be good but other than that I dont know of anything Kmart isn't carrying that'd be worth anyones money.[/QUOTE]

Not all of us play COD or other casual stuff every day. Again, grow up dude.

[quote name='cheesebu']Buying niche games is throwing away your money now? Grow up weirdo.[/QUOTE]

In that case I need to give my copy of Deadly Premonition a stern talking-to.

It's amazing that we are still talking about this.

I just love how people can't wrap their heads around the fact that Josh is running a business here. You are willing to accept that these are "niche" titles- which pretty much means that he isn't going to make any money off of them.

They don't carry a lot of stuff that you guys don't even pay attention to - such as licensed games like Thor and Green Lantern for the PS3 and Xbox. You don't see people bitching about it day in and day out. Let it go.

Got Alice yesterday @ store 3363 (Anaheim, near Disneyland) for ~$16 after LA Noire coupon.

CSR "Ever", who helped me with LA Noire helped me again. REALLY great CSR!

[quote name='nbballard']
They don't carry a lot of stuff that you guys don't even pay attention to - such as licensed games like Thor and Green Lantern for the PS3 and Xbox. You don't see people bitching about it day in and day out. Let it go.[/QUOTE]

No Green Lantern? Man was hoping to get this down the road with one of my coupons.

[quote name='cheesebu']Not all of us play COD or other casual stuff every day. Again, grow up dude.[/QUOTE]

and not everybody who doesnt want gundam and catherine only plays call of duty. stereotypes work both ways.

[quote name='Marauder7']No Green Lantern? Man was hoping to get this down the road with one of my coupons.[/QUOTE]
It reviewed pretty good for a licensed game. I wanted it for some mindless, coop God of War melee in 3D.

Stockboy said that they previewed it and didn't think it would sell. I figure when the movie starts to work it's way off the 3D screens in a few weeks we'll see the price drop down a good deal.

[quote name='biledriver']So you decide what's good for everyone? Seriously you might have said the most ignorant thing I have ever read on this site. You have no business telling anyone what is worth THEIR money.[/QUOTE]
I decide what I feel is a waste of money and then express my opinion on it. Deal with it. I'm not going to add "IMO" to everything I say when it should go without saying.

And cheese I hate CoD. That game blows and anyone who buys it is just throwing away their money. *ducks and runs*

[quote name='nbballard']It's amazing that we are still talking about this.

I just love how people can't wrap their heads around the fact that Josh is running a business here. You are willing to accept that these are "niche" titles- which pretty much means that he isn't going to make any money off of them.

They don't carry a lot of stuff that you guys don't even pay attention to - such as licensed games like Thor and Green Lantern for the PS3 and Xbox. You don't see people bitching about it day in and day out. Let it go.[/QUOTE]

I for one was not complaining about Kmart not carrying niche stuff, i was trying to figure out why the guy with the Ico avatar thought that any game Kmart doesn't carry isn't worth having. It's a pretty random thing to say.

Whatever it takes to have dialogue focused on you for a while i guess.

[quote name='cheesebu']

Whatever it takes to have dialogue focused on you for a while i guess.[/QUOTE]

Look who's talking. Telling people to grow up. And youre still a newbie.

Everyone needs a little bit of Catherine in their lives. /attention whore

Decided to call my kmart this time because they never have anything on release day. Asked if they had Resident evil on the 3ds, they had no idea what a 3ds is. Understandable I guess. I explained and they went to check.

annnnnd of course they don't. Was told to check wal-mart.....for the second time.

Anybody get the UFC game? I tend to collect fitness games and I'd love to know people's impressions. Only reviews I've seen are on Amazon with complaints of freezing and crashing... Judging by how quickly these reviews were added together, I'm suspecting spamming, but I'm hoping it's not all bad.

[quote name='Tonnous24']Decided to call my kmart this time because they never have anything on release day. Asked if they had Resident evil on the 3ds, they had no idea what a 3ds is. Understandable I guess. I explained and they went to check.

annnnnd of course they don't. Was told to check wal-mart.....for the second time.[/QUOTE]

I feel bad for those of you that don't have a K-Mart located conveniently near you because of shit like this. The employees are completely useless 99% of the time and there's a good chance it could be sitting right on the shelf. Of course it could also be buried in the back for all we know, but still. I'm thankful that my K-Mart is a quick five minute drive from work which makes going on my lunch break a breeze. Thankfully Josh realizes the importance of integrating everything online and that can't happen soon enough for those of you not as fortunate as myself and others.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I feel bad for those of you that don't have a K-Mart located conveniently near you because of shit like this. The employees are completely useless 99% of the time and there's a good chance it could be sitting right on the shelf. Of course it could also be buried in the back for all we know, but still. I'm thankful that my K-Mart is a quick five minute drive from work which makes going on my lunch break a breeze. Thankfully Josh realizes the importance of integrating everything online and that can't happen soon enough for those of you not as fortunate as myself and others.[/QUOTE]
I am not expecting K-mart employees to be able to do everything, but I do think that employees should be competent enough that if you call them asking for a game, they should be able to with 99% certainty tell you (unless it requires like 5-10 minutes of looking in the back), that they have it or not. It annoys me as a customer, because on the weekdays sure it's a simple stop in on the way home, but on the weekends, it's a 20-30 minute trip and it's one I want to be certain they have a product because I usually wont be going for anything else.

[quote name='whodeybengals9']Can't wait to see what the NCAA Football 12 offer is![/QUOTE]

Same. It's my highly anticipated release considering OSU's debacle as a Michigan fan. It won't be as evident in this years release but with updated rosters available for free? Add in Wal-Mart's recruiting adviser? Double win. But if kmart has any kind of promotion, I'll be tempted to go there. However as Josh is obviously aware of the "matching" related to offering does hurt a bit considering I want it at midnight and they are not open :cry: Really varies based on what the actual promotion is. $10 or $15 giftcard? Hm.

[quote name='caponesgun']Same. It's my highly anticipated release considering OSU's debacle as a Michigan fan. It won't be as evident in this years release but with updated rosters available for free? Add in Wal-Mart's recruiting adviser? Double win. But if kmart has any kind of promotion, I'll be tempted to go there. However as Josh is obviously aware of the "matching" related to offering does hurt a bit considering I want it at midnight and they are not open :cry: Really varies based on what the actual promotion is. $10 or $15 giftcard? Hm.[/QUOTE]
The coupon for NCAA is a $20 :)

I wanted to beat the Vest straight up, not like this.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I feel bad for those of you that don't have a K-Mart located conveniently near you because of shit like this. The employees are completely useless 99% of the time and there's a good chance it could be sitting right on the shelf. Of course it could also be buried in the back for all we know, but still. I'm thankful that my K-Mart is a quick five minute drive from work which makes going on my lunch break a breeze. Thankfully Josh realizes the importance of integrating everything online and that can't happen soon enough for those of you not as fortunate as myself and others.[/QUOTE]
Not soon enough......

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The coupon for NCAA is a $20 :)

I wanted to beat the Vest straight up, not like this.[/QUOTE]

Being an EA title, I don't suppose there's a post-launch offer in the works is there? Not that I'm complaining (or would really expect you to say right now) as a $20 coupon is awesome and could start my own little EA Sports coupon train (NCAA/Madden/NHL), it's just that baby #2 showed up last week so I'm really trying to buckle down even more on my out-of-pocket spending.

SHC, should the version of the 1st Force Unleashed game (PS3) including the "bonus" Star Wars collectible be priced at $19.99 (the only version available, I might add), even though its in the clearance list at $14.99. I probably shouldn't complain, since I used my gaming coupon and would most likely have had to get a useless $5 DS cleaning kit to bring the price above $15. I was even afraid that the coupon might be rejected since a seperate SKU was stickered over the original. But I'm a Cheap Ass Gamer, so I'll do it anyway!

And i hardly think these "collectibles" are worth the extra $5.

The SKU is 814349011944.

And thank you for restoring the power at my local store last wednesday.

[quote name='Scarlet H']Anybody get the UFC game? I tend to collect fitness games and I'd love to know people's impressions. Only reviews I've seen are on Amazon with complaints of freezing and crashing... Judging by how quickly these reviews were added together, I'm suspecting spamming, but I'm hoping it's not all bad.[/QUOTE]
If your talking about UFC personal Trainer, I've been pretty interested in it as well. I could only find these reviews of it.

http://gamentrain.com/2011/06/ufc-personal-trainer-review-xbox-360/

http://gamerfitnation.com/ufc-personal-trainer-xbox-360-review/

I'm not sure how reliable these sites are though since I have never bought a fitness game.

Tempted by Alice at 34.99 - there arent a lot of action platformers these days. I think Ill love the art style but it sounds like the game itself is average at best

Question for you Josh.

I'm assuming the answer is no, but I want to ask anyways to make sure. Preorders of Skyrim get the bonus cloth version of the map. Any chance that'll be available at Kmart as well, or is that not likely?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DaBoltz']Got Alice yesterday @ store 3363 (Anaheim, near Disneyland) for ~$16 after LA Noire coupon.

CSR "Ever", who helped me with LA Noire helped me again. REALLY great CSR![/QUOTE]

I can't remember the name of the guy, but this sounds like the same one that helps me. Every time I go to this store on Sunday, he works there and he always does such a fantastic job. He's an xbot and I'm a Sony whore but we put our differences behind us ;)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Question fro you Josh.

I'm assuming the answer is no, but I want to ask anyways to make sure. Preorders of Skyrim get the bonus cloth version of the map. Any chance that'll be available at Kmart as well, or is that not likely?[/QUOTE]
Full sku plan hasn't been revealed. I'm hoping it covers some launch orders as well.

[quote name='Scarlet H']Anybody get the UFC game? I tend to collect fitness games and I'd love to know people's impressions. Only reviews I've seen are on Amazon with complaints of freezing and crashing... Judging by how quickly these reviews were added together, I'm suspecting spamming, but I'm hoping it's not all bad.[/QUOTE]

I got it today at Best Buy. Sorry, Josh. You guys weren't going to carry it until next week after my coupon expired and I couldn't pass up a two games for one deal.

Scarlet, I'll start playing it this week and I'll come back to the thread and give a mini review. It will be under spoiler tags as to not derail the thread, but give me a few days. I'll be able to tell you how it compares to Your Shape.

I almost had a perfect day shopping when I bought the PS3 bundle at Astor Place, NY. I made a mistake and asked the guy and his ASM if they knew the deal. I didn't want him to have to pull all that stuff out if they weren't going to honor it. They didn't know and even when I showed them the blog, they were still a little baffled, but agreed to ring it up and see what happened.

I didn't get Uncharted 2, because they didn't have it, but instead Killzone 2, which I have no idea if I'll like and Heavy Rain. Looking for Uncharted 2 and worrying about whether it would ring up completely threw me off and I forgot to use my SYWR points. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why I was paying $217 out of pocket, but I went ahead and did it. Then I looked at the receipt and saw my points sitting there. :cry:

I was planning on paying $125 as I don't even know if I really want a PS3, but at that price, sure. Oh well, I'll use the points on something else and I still got a bonus 2000 points for buying it today.

Thanks, Josh! Great deal.

Nice my local k-mart did not have resident evil. K-mart has to be the worst store to try to get a game release day. They almost never have them and the people that work there are complete morons. He was looking for it in the dvd section!

[quote name='Murderstorm']Nice my local k-mart did not have resident evil. K-mart has to be the worst store to try to get a game release day. They almost never have them and the people that work there are complete morons. He was looking for it in the dvd section![/QUOTE]

Apparently they picked the super saver shipping with this one. I'm not sure why they have so much trouble getting games on the release date.

Hey Josh, it's still a ways off, but do you have an idea yet for Deus Ex: Human Revolution's deal? You've frequently said you're crazy about that game (I'm likely paraphrasing ;)), so I'm hoping the deal will be nearly or as crazy. :D

Note that I'm not asking you to post the deal if you know it.

i dont think either mercenaries 3d or doa 3ds were going to be selling huge numbers. buy alice this week, get re next week at $30.

ill probably junp on the best buy offer to use the gift card next week on edf:insect armggeddon.

nice to have retailers competing with deals now, used to be almost all msrp or wait for clearance for a long time. i think josh has at least a little to do with that.

[quote name='cheesebu']Apparently they picked the super saver shipping with this one. I'm not sure why they have so much trouble getting games on the release date.[/QUOTE]

No super saver shipping here, all kmarts should have had them last friday at the latest, we had ours last wednesday or thursday. Now employees finding/looking for them is a different story...

Nice to see you back from vacation Josh. One question, are you planning any game deals through next week it being fourth of july and all?

Went to pick up Alice today. I can confirm that the $5 off 20 gaming coupon out of the BK kids meals does stack with other gaming coupons. And yes I know that it says it wont stack with other gaming coupons, but it did. I bought Alice and a $19.99 Xbox points card and used a $15 gaming coupon and the $5 BK coupon for a total of $37.17 after tax. I also got the $10 and 10K points coupons like everyone else.

Now for those of you who took advantage of this offer: http://www.flickr.com/photos/64157746@N06/5840930592/

I can confirm that I also received 5000 bonus SYWR points from Alice even though it says I had to buy a regular priced game $49.99 and up. So far I have bought 5 games (3 xbox, 2 ps3) since buying my xbox system 2 weeks ago and I have got the 5000 bonus points on each game. I don't know if I will continue to receive the bonus points past June 30 as the email is unclear. I have contacted SYWR support twice and also forwarded this to Josh and have not received and more info/answers about this offer.

Another classic experience for me today. I went to Kmart to pick up Resident Evil. While looking for the game in the display case, the saleslady came up to assist me. Very nice woman, but not the best Kmart employee. I told her that I was looking for Resident Evil for the 3DS. She said that she didn't think they had it. I told her that it came out today. She then informed me that they usually don't get games on release day. She suggested I go to Gamestop if I want to get games on release day, especially for 3DS, as it isn't as popular as XBox or PS3. She said that Gamestop could take care of all of my gaming needs. Not sure if employees at this store are getting kickbacks from Gamestop, but this is the second employee in the electronics department that I've heard recommending Gamestop. Last week, another sales lady was showing the 3DS to some potential customers. She had actually opened the box, and let the people play with it. She then suggested that buy it from Gamestop because they have a better return policy if anything happens to it. Anyway, back to my Resident Evil story...I decided to look for something else to buy. Alice was sold out for both consoles. Then, I noticed two copies of Resident Evil laying behind a Pokemon game. Got the lady to get the game, and she said she had forgotten that she put those there earlier. Always an adventure.

Josh, you do an awesome job. I wish the managers and folks in charge of training the salespeople at the stores would do a better job. They're usually nice people, but they're often clueless about new releases and ongoing deals/promotions. Seems like there would be a weekly staff meeting to go over what's new for the week. I hope you're able to get these deals setup for online orders. If so, I'll never set foot in my local store's electronics department again. I think it will also help to show management that you are the reason that we're going to Kmart; not the crappy, inept service.

lol wow that there might take it for worst kmart employee. send josh an email so he can train his all seeing eye and smite them from the sears tower. (funny i never made the sears corporate/sears tower connection until i was there this weekend, lol)

wtf that resident evil 3ds thing was pre orders only? fuck best buy ill wait for kmart's deal..

[quote name='Fratty McDouche']Another classic experience for me today. I went to Kmart to pick up Resident Evil. While looking for the game in the display case, the saleslady came up to assist me. Very nice woman, but not the best Kmart employee. I told her that I was looking for Resident Evil for the 3DS. She said that she didn't think they had it. I told her that it came out today. She then informed me that they usually don't get games on release day. She suggested I go to Gamestop if I want to get games on release day, especially for 3DS, as it isn't as popular as XBox or PS3. She said that Gamestop could take care of all of my gaming needs. Not sure if employees at this store are getting kickbacks from Gamestop, but this is the second employee in the electronics department that I've heard recommending Gamestop. Last week, another sales lady was showing the 3DS to some potential customers. She had actually opened the box, and let the people play with it. She then suggested that buy it from Gamestop because they have a better return policy if anything happens to it. Anyway, back to my Resident Evil story...I decided to look for something else to buy. Alice was sold out for both consoles. Then, I noticed two copies of Resident Evil laying behind a Pokemon game. Got the lady to get the game, and she said she had forgotten that she put those there earlier. Always an adventure.

Josh, you do an awesome job. I wish the managers and folks in charge of training the salespeople at the stores would do a better job. They're usually nice people, but they're often clueless about new releases and ongoing deals/promotions. Seems like there would be a weekly staff meeting to go over what's new for the week. I hope you're able to get these deals setup for online orders. If so, I'll never set foot in my local store's electronics department again. I think it will also help to show management that you are the reason that we're going to Kmart; not the crappy, inept service.[/QUOTE]

Josh says he's really glad that you're getting so much out of this thread, Fratty. But you can find plenty of better deals over at fatwallet.com and slickdeals.net. Plus, they have a much better return policy.;)

[quote name='jer7583']lol wow that there might take it for worst kmart employee. send josh an email so he can train his all seeing eye and smite them from the sears tower. (funny i never made the sears corporate/sears tower connection until i was there this weekend, lol)

wtf that resident evil 3ds thing was pre orders only? fuck best buy ill wait for kmart's deal..[/QUOTE]

If you don't have any coupons to use to risk losing in the adjustment you could buy it now then price adjust next sunday or monday since it would be within the 7 day price adjustment period.

[quote name='Fratty McDouche']Seems like there would be a weekly staff meeting to go over what's new for the week. [/QUOTE]

The problem is that all of these stores operate in multiple shifts - the manager usually taking the day shift and having a staff meeting in the early morning. The manager either isn't doing a good job of distributing that information to the other shift leaders, or those leaders aren't doing a good job of passing it down to their employees.

I worked at a K-mart in high school and I saw my direct supervisor once a week. It's a big store- and it's very unorganized on that level in my experience.

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']
I didn't get Uncharted 2, because they didn't have it, but instead Killzone 2, which I have no idea if I'll like and Heavy Rain. Looking for Uncharted 2 and worrying about whether it would ring up completely threw me off and I forgot to use my SYWR points. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why I was paying $217 out of pocket, but I went ahead and did it. Then I looked at the receipt and saw my points sitting there. :cry:

I was planning on paying $125 as I don't even know if I really want a PS3, but at that price, sure. Oh well, I'll use the points on something else and I still got a bonus 2000 points for buying it today. [/QUOTE]

You got it for $200? If so, that was one Hell of a deal.

[quote name='martinez91']If you don't have any coupons to use to risk losing in the adjustment you could buy it now then price adjust next sunday or monday since it would be within the 7 day price adjustment period.[/QUOTE]

no reason to buy from best buy - plus kmart doesn't usually put new game deals in the ad to avoid price matches.

[quote name='Fratty McDouche']Another classic experience for me today. I went to Kmart to pick up Resident Evil. While looking for the game in the display case, the saleslady came up to assist me. Very nice woman, but not the best Kmart employee. I told her that I was looking for Resident Evil for the 3DS. She said that she didn't think they had it. I told her that it came out today. She then informed me that they usually don't get games on release day. She suggested I go to Gamestop if I want to get games on release day, especially for 3DS, as it isn't as popular as XBox or PS3. She said that Gamestop could take care of all of my gaming needs. Not sure if employees at this store are getting kickbacks from Gamestop, but this is the second employee in the electronics department that I've heard recommending Gamestop. Last week, another sales lady was showing the 3DS to some potential customers. She had actually opened the box, and let the people play with it. She then suggested that buy it from Gamestop because they have a better return policy if anything happens to it. Anyway, back to my Resident Evil story...I decided to look for something else to buy. Alice was sold out for both consoles. Then, I noticed two copies of Resident Evil laying behind a Pokemon game. Got the lady to get the game, and she said she had forgotten that she put those there earlier. Always an adventure.

Josh, you do an awesome job. I wish the managers and folks in charge of training the salespeople at the stores would do a better job. They're usually nice people, but they're often clueless about new releases and ongoing deals/promotions. Seems like there would be a weekly staff meeting to go over what's new for the week. I hope you're able to get these deals setup for online orders. If so, I'll never set foot in my local store's electronics department again. I think it will also help to show management that you are the reason that we're going to Kmart; not the crappy, inept service.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but most Kmart employees are only there to complete their court-ordered community service.

[quote name='Fratty McDouche']Anotherq
qq classic experience for me today. I went to Kmart to pick up Resident Evil. While looking for the game in the display case, the saleslady came up to assist me. Very nice woman, but not the best Kmart employee. I told her that I was looking for Resident Evil for the 3DS. She said that she didn't think they had it. I told her that it came out today. She then informed me that they usually don't get games on release day. She suggested I go to Gamestop if I want to get games on release day, especially for 3DS, as it isn't as popular as XBox or PS3. She said that Gamestop could take care of all of my gaming needs. Not sure if employees at this store are getting kickbacks from Gamestop, but this is the second employee in the electronics department that I've heard recommending Gamestop. Last week, another sales lady was showing the 3DS to some potential customers. She had actually opened the box, and let the people play with it. She then suggested that buy it from Gamestop because they have a better return policy if anything happens to it. Anyway, back to my Resident Evil story...I decided to look for something else to buy. Alice was sold out for both consoles. Then, I noticed two copies of Resident Evil laying behind a Pokemon game. Got the lady to get the game, and she said she had forgotten that she put those there earlier. Always an adventure.

Jeez, when you get a chance please send me a note. I am so backed up on email it's ridiculous but I will definitely follow up with them.

[quote name='Borellius']Nice to see you back from vacation Josh. One question, are you planning any game deals through next week it being fourth of july and all?[/QUOTE]
I don't think so. The deals kind of need me to be in the office to happen and since, for what it seems like at least, I've been gone for most of June, July needs to be caught up ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back