Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']I don't understand why people would be upset if they feel another retailer has "beaten" kmart's deals. Isn't that great for you? Why complain??[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. I'll be the one to say it/be the turncoat/devil customer. I'll shop for a better deal at another retailer.
icon_twisted.gif
I save more and get a little bit of revenge on Kmart.
icon_twisted.gif

Rant
Making me wait at the empty electronics department, after asking at customer service to page someone. Some dude who hadn't even waited a minute is helped before me,making me wait some more. If it weren't for the L.A. Noire deal, I would have left.

Just at one location the other one I go to doesn't roll like that.

[quote name='Vigilante']I don't know about Otomedius Excellent, but Josh has said the following:

-Kmart stores won't be carrying El Shaddai, so there won't be a deal for it.
-There will be a deal for NMH: Heroes' Paradise.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Thought I remembered him mentioning a deal might be there for NMH, but was hoping for some kind of solid hint or confirmation on value. I must've missed him talking about El Shaddai. I try to keep up to date on this thread as much as possible, but when I'm backed up a few pages I guess I skim more than usual.
I'm going to guess that Otomedius Excellent is going to be a no-go as well, but couldn't hurt to ask.

Shame that with not carrying EDF, Catherine or El Shaddai, the ONLY game in all of July I plan to get at Kmart is Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition. Guess the streak of fantastic offers and deals had to end for me sooner or later. Maybe in August I'll care again. Sadly, this is the season of football games and I couldn't care less about NCAA or Madden.
Was really hoping El Shaddai would be carried in stores. The demo pretty much sold me on it, but I doubt I'll care enough to pick it up if I can't grab it at Kmart.

Wanted to post a message off topic but went and saw the new Transformers movie and it is awesome. In my opinion better than the first 2 movies combined

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Wanted to post a message off topic but went and saw the new Transformers movie and it is awesome. In my opinion better than the first 2 movies combined[/QUOTE]
Sweet!

Posted the below on FB just as a heads up.
KGHM email update: I am about 60% caught up on email due to being on vacation last week. I am working to get everyone caught up as quickly as possible.Thank you for your continued patience!

[quote name='DPsycho']Ooh, Professor Layton and the Turtwig Stylus?! That game's hard to find! Of course, all the puzzles are about type advantages and fashion shows, but it works somehow.[/QUOTE]

Lol, what a horrible combination!

[quote name='caponesgun']I am THANKFUL I had to google type advantages to know wtf that was. Fashion shows made me :censored::censored::censored::censored::headache::headache:[/QUOTE]

pokemon is a fantastic rpg, you've missed out on some great games apparently. But the reason I'm quoting your post is because I laughed at search result #7 on your google search lol.

Picked up Alice today at the second store I had to go to to find it in stock. Had to walk around for about 5 minutes to find an employee to page someone to electronics. Now, keep in mind I'm wearing a bright green button-up shirt with blue lines, blue jeans, black & white argyle crocs, and sunglasses... Yet, as I'm walking around looking for an employee, some lady standing by toys asks me, "do you have butterfly nets?" When I said that I didn't work there, and I was looking for help myself, she was visibly stunned for a few seconds. This is a sign of how bad things are at kmart, that the customers (one of only 3 in the entire store) don't even know what an employee looks like.

I just want to say, despite others criticisms, I think Josh is doing a tremendous job!

I have bought more games at Kmart in the last year than I have in the last 10 years!

Thanks for the Alice deal, and keep up the good work Josh!

[quote name='brows76']I just want to say, despite others criticisms, I think Josh is doing a tremendous job!

I have bought more games at Kmart in the last year than I have in the last 10 years!

Thanks for the Alice deal, and keep up the good work Josh![/QUOTE]

Josh is doing a great job for all of us gamers. It is just the lack of initiative among lower end employees. I understand that employees will have other responsibilities besides electronics and that payroll can only afford a certain amount workers on a given day.

Patience can only go so far. Then again, I could say that about everywhere these days. Everybody wants their paycheck, they don't want to work harder for it, and act like they're the hardest worker there.]

[quote name='Lyricsborn']I wouldn't mind having a job in
Kmart electronics.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't consider it electronics, I would consider the job title Kmart hardlines. For example yesterday, I did absolutely nothing electronics because I was instructed that our department was to stock houseware items for the whole day. So, I think I was actually in electronics for maybe a 1/2 hr out of my 5 hour shift....

^Yea, i assembled a lot of cribs and furniture when I worked in Electronics. I spent a whole day in the back of the store once with a hand pump inflating those stupid rubber balls they sell in the toy department too.

Eurogamer posted a bunch of release dates for several of Ubisoft's upcoming games. They're most likely European (most of these dates are Fridays), but the US dates will probably be close:

Call of Juarez: The Cartel - July 22nd
Driver: San Francisco - September 2nd
Driver Renegade - September 2nd
Might & Magic: Heroes VI - September 9th
Splinter Cell Trilogy HD - September 23rd
Motion Sports: Adrenaline - October 7th
Just Dance 3 - October 11th
Rayman Origins - November
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 - November
The Black Eyed Peas Experience - Calendar 2011
Anno 2070 - Winter (Late December - Late March)
Ghost Recon Future Soldier - Q1 2012 (January-March)

The most noticeable parts of this list are the glaring omission of Assassin's Creed Revelations and the month-and-a-half delay of Splinter Cell Trilogy HD. If that applies to the US, it looks like I'll be using Star Fox 64 3D to continue my coupon train unless there's a coupon deal in July on something already released... ;)

Is the Black Ops PS3 deal in the blog because I live in NY and would like to take part of this deal with getting the 2 other games and the $50gc if I see the system in 1 of the stores?

Thanks

[quote name='boogie4114']Is the Black Ops PS3 deal in the blog because I live in NY and would like to take part of this deal with getting the 2 other games and the $50gc if I see the system in 1 of the stores?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

You could check the blog.

[quote name='nbballard']^Yea, i assembled a lot of cribs and furniture when I worked in Electronics. I spent a whole day in the back of the store once with a hand pump inflating those stupid rubber balls they sell in the toy department too.[/QUOTE]
That was you!? Just kidding.

Based on what I've observed at one Kmart I frequent, I've seen employees from Electronics fulfilling general/menial duties. I get the impression that store is significantly undermanned. There's usually just one CSR working at the front, maybe one or two cashiers at the registers, and almost no one everywhere else.

At another Kmart, it seems like there's enough employees to go around, where they can dedicated themselves to one section all the time.

[quote name='martinez91']I wouldn't consider it electronics, I would consider the job title Kmart hardlines. For example yesterday, I did absolutely nothing electronics because I was instructed that our department was to stock houseware items for the whole day. So, I think I was actually in electronics for maybe a 1/2 hr out of my 5 hour shift....[/QUOTE]

That's not uncommon in retail. I once had to assign five electronics/wireless/photo associates to zone the entire store before a corp store visit. That meant only the managers of the departments were in the departments so now they couldn't do their price changes or such. It changed the dichotomy a bit, but in the long run we eval'd out nicely. This wasn't a kmart but a 215,000 square feet Wal-Mart.

[quote name='sadboy']That was you!? Just kidding.

Based on what I've observed at one Kmart I frequent, I've seen employees from Electronics fulfilling general/menial duties. I get the impression that store is significantly undermanned. There's usually just one CSR working at the front, maybe one or two cashiers at the registers, and almost no one everywhere else.

At another Kmart, it seems like there's enough employees to go around, where they can dedicated themselves to one section all the time.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the "slower" stores suffer the most employee degradation. Because it's slower, they don't have the labor to properly sustain the "waves" of customers. Especially if high turnover is presented, management just aims to plug the gaps. Quoting something I heard recently, the bottom of the shop(ship) has a hole and their job is just to keep it pointed in the right direction.

[quote name='caponesgun']Unfortunately, the "slower" stores suffer the most employee degradation. Because it's slower, they don't have the labor to properly sustain the "waves" of customers.[/QUOTE]
This is the problem most times with Kmart I bet (along with low quality staff). Staffed for the "average or normal" levels, then when 5 customers come in at once they have inadequate staff coverage. I see this with my small team where I work. We have work that has to be done, but not enough to keep us busy all day long everyday when everyone is here, but when one person is out and another is unexpectedly out, or we have a lot of issues at one time, we have a hard time keeping up. Quality suffers...blah blah blah. Bottom line is, management sees the overall amount of work, says "what do these people do all day" then complains when we have an issues once every 6 months. Its life.

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']I got it today at Best Buy. Sorry, Josh. You guys weren't going to carry it until next week after my coupon expired and I couldn't pass up a two games for one deal.

Scarlet, I'll start playing it this week and I'll come back to the thread and give a mini review. It will be under spoiler tags as to not derail the thread, but give me a few days. I'll be able to tell you how it compares to Your Shape.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Troutyogurt']If your talking about UFC personal Trainer, I've been pretty interested in it as well. I could only find these reviews of it.

http://gamentrain.com/2011/06/ufc-personal-trainer-review-xbox-360/

http://gamerfitnation.com/ufc-personal-trainer-xbox-360-review/

I'm not sure how reliable these sites are though since I have never bought a fitness game.[/QUOTE]

I went and bought it even though the initial reviews were less than favorable by users complaining of lock-ups and freezes.

All I will say is this:

This game is AMAZING.

I love "Your Shape," but this one steps in as my favorite workout game.

I've had no issues with freezes and lockups, the game runs smoothly. Also, THQ responded on Amazon.com in the review section for the game stating what the issue was and that it's been resolved and additional features are coming online soon.

[quote name='boogie4114']Is the Black Ops PS3 deal in the blog because I live in NY and would like to take part of this deal with getting the 2 other games and the $50gc if I see the system in 1 of the stores?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

It's in the blog. They don't have the Black Ops PS3 at the Penn Station location on 34th in Manhattan. They did have them Tuesday at the Astor Place location in Manhattan. The number 6 train, I believe, but also a short walk down from Union Station.

They didn't know about the deal off hand, but it rang through without issue. He was a little thrown by the screen for the gift card, but pressed on through to the end. On Tuesday, they didn't have Uncharted 2 and I didn't see God of War either. I left with Heavy Rain and Killzone 2. That's not to say they won't have them today, but that's all I can tell you.

Picked up MX vs ATV Untamed PS3 for $4.99 today at Greenville, NC Kmart. They also had a Fable 2 collectors edition which I had the lady scan and it was unbelievably $69.99. They also had probably 10-15 copies of the original Fable 2 and a lot of the original SW Force Unleashed for the Wii, PS3, and 360. There were a lot of really old games, like the original Viva Pinata that is in the rounded plastic type case but most were only showing spine so you can't see prices. After the Fable 2 CE though I didn't even bother.

They even had a handful of original Xbox titles, like the original Project Gotham.

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']It's in the blog. They don't have the Black Ops PS3 at the Penn Station location on 34th in Manhattan. They did have them Tuesday at the Astor Place location in Manhattan. The number 6 train, I believe, but also a short walk down from Union Station.

They didn't know about the deal off hand, but it rang through without issue. He was a little thrown by the screen for the gift card, but pressed on through to the end. On Tuesday, they didn't have Uncharted 2 and I didn't see God of War either. I left with Heavy Rain and Killzone 2. That's not to say they won't have them today, but that's all I can tell you.[/QUOTE]

Ok Thanks I might also check the 1 in Queens because I wanna get Uncharted 2. I normally go to Astor Place but they didnt wanna price match the website for Red Faction Armageddon when it was $39.99 so I went to Penn Station and the guy did it there with no problems. I just loaded the page from 1 of the computer kiosks that was closest to the electronics section and showed him and did it for me.

[quote name='boogie4114']Ok Thanks I might also check the 1 in Queens because I wanna get Uncharted 2. I normally go to Astor Place but they didnt wanna price match the website for Red Faction Armageddon when it was $39.99 so I went to Penn Station and the guy did it there with no problems. I just loaded the page from 1 of the computer kiosks that was closest to the electronics section and showed him and did it for me.[/QUOTE]
i JUST CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WAS TOLD IT WAS SOLD OUT IN THE WHOLE ny STATE, is there any way I can get it shipped and get the deal??????????????

[quote name='Stevothepro']i JUST CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WAS TOLD IT WAS SOLD OUT IN THE WHOLE ny STATE, is there any way I can get it shipped and get the deal??????????????[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Stevothepro']...or a rain check??[/QUOTE]

While you're shopping you might want to spring for a new keyboard. It seems like your shift and ? keys are sticking.

Anyway, the blog post says in-store only and no rain checks.

http://gamer.kmart.com/2011/06/operation-ps3-treasure-hunt/

I don't know how you get around in New York (City, if that's where you are), but I'd take the time and the round trip(s) on the subway to a couple of the stores before I just let the PS3 deal go on the word of someone over the phone.

And that's any store, not just Kmart.

I got next week's ad.. nothing really; except x2 points on Transformers Dark of the moon items including video games (the new one PS3/360) and $10 off select 3DS games: RE Mercenaries, Rayman, Lego Pirates, and Ghost Recon.

[quote name='GBAstar']Hey what's the deal with THIS

Is kmart really selling the Xbox 250GB Slim model for $240 or was it a pricing fluke for that week?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Uh, I hope this isn't true![/QUOTE]

FWIW as late as today people have still claimed to be picking it up for $240

[quote name='GBAstar']I got next week's ad.. nothing really; except x2 points on Transformers Dark of the moon items including video games (the new one PS3/360) and $10 off select 3DS games: RE Mercenaries, Rayman, Lego Pirates, and Ghost Recon.[/QUOTE]

Guess I really shouldn't complain about using my $15 game coupon + $15 SYWR points for RE should I? The sound quality is the biggest deal breaker for me :( I don't have anything else to use them on.

[quote name='GBAstar']FWIW as late as today people have still claimed to be picking it up for $240[/QUOTE]
Yikes, we are definitely investigating. I'm good for a couple of weeks and we off price hardware.....someone is out to get me.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']That makes me VERY happy, Josh...[/QUOTE]

Very excited for this game as well, and any deal along to go with it since I will need to buy a real guitar... looks promising though!

[quote name='martinez91']Very excited for this game as well, and any deal along to go with it since I will need to buy a real guitar... looks promising though![/QUOTE]

They have a $199 bundle coming out for it with a Les Paul Special... but I swear you'd be much better off going to Guitar Center and picking up a better guitar for about the same price... If you have a GC nearby, this weekend is a great weekend to check (if you can run out at 10, that's when they open tomorrow). They run what they call a "List" sale starting tomorrow where all the one left or discontinued color or older new guitars that didn't go get marked down to pretty good prices... I bought a $1300 American Stratocaster several years ago at one of those sales for $300... Don't expect deals like that now, but they still have good deals during this sale...

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Nice, Tina Fey on 30 Rock just referenced going to "the Kmart at Penn Station"...could have been worse.[/QUOTE]

Did she mean she got mugged? :lol:

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Nice, Tina Fey on 30 Rock just referenced going to "the Kmart at Penn Station"...could have been worse.[/QUOTE]
She is so hot.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']They have a $199 bundle coming out for it with a Les Paul Special... but I swear you'd be much better off going to Guitar Center and picking up a better guitar for about the same price... If you have a GC nearby, this weekend is a great weekend to check (if you can run out at 10, that's when they open tomorrow). They run what they call a "List" sale starting tomorrow where all the one left or discontinued color or older new guitars that didn't go get marked down to pretty good prices... I bought a $1300 American Stratocaster several years ago at one of those sales for $300... Don't expect deals like that now, but they still have good deals during this sale...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I heard that your better off getting a different guitar, so Il plan on getting one around the time it comes out. I'm hoping the gamble to put out yet another guitar game pays off, as this is pretty unique and works well from everything I've seen so far.

Found Warhawk with the headset for 19.99 (last one) They also had plenty of Socom/Headset bundles. There are still a couple of games that need to go down a little bit more.

[quote name='TraBuch']Question! Does anyone know if the Uncharted/Tomb Raider Underworld/Mercenaries 2 pack come in the original cases? Or are they in some sort of generic cases? Or even all on one disc?

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_018V002944482000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2[/QUOTE]
All normal, default, PS3 clear cases, so like if you bought the games at release. The only thing Greatest Hits about it is the Uncharted, it has the red PS3 bar at the top of it on the artwork itself, but the case itself is clear.

[quote name='ithebigc']All normal, default, PS3 clear cases, so like if you bought the games at release. The only thing Greatest Hits about it is the Uncharted, it has the red PS3 bar at the top of it on the artwork itself, but the case itself is clear.[/QUOTE]
Cool beans, thanks. Figured I'd just buy this since Uncharted is almost the same price by itself most places.

Have a couple of $20 coupons (same code), not interested in much right now, but they are expiring... can they be applied towards point cards? I seem to remember waaaay back that they can, regardless of the coupon making the item free.

Also -- any other cheap suggestions???

[quote name='coldwine']Have a couple of $20 coupons (same code), not interested in much right now, but they are expiring... can they be applied towards point cards? I seem to remember waaaay back that they can, regardless of the coupon making the item free.

Also -- any other cheap suggestions???[/QUOTE]

Check the clearance thread on the first page. I picked up some $19.99 clearance games+ a $5 copy of mx vs atv untamed just to bump it over the limit. Filler is your friend.

I had a problem redeeming a $20 coupon code from the L.A. Noire deal when I bought Dungeon Siege 3 and the manager had to intervene unfortunately as a side effect I did not get the $15 coupon for Dungeon Siege. After a quick email to Josh, he took care of me ASAP! Now THAT is customer service and it definitely motivates me to keep going back to KMART for all my gaming needs! Just wanted to share and thank Josh for all his efforts.

[quote name='coldwine']Have a couple of $20 coupons (same code), not interested in much right now, but they are expiring... can they be applied towards point cards? I seem to remember waaaay back that they can, regardless of the coupon making the item free.

Also -- any other cheap suggestions???[/QUOTE]

Last week I tried to redeem some $20 coupons on points cards as well, neither the 19.99 or the 49.99 xbox points cards worked unfortunately. You may have better luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back