Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='affa']nope, you are incorrect. even the definition you quote shows that you are incorrect: it's the codification of the principles of proof.

in other words, logic is:
a circle has no corners.
my house has 4 corners.
therefore, my house is not a circle.

that's the application of logical rules to deduce fact from fact.

if you prove something with logic, it's proven. that's why it's called a 'proof' - it's not an opinion, it's logically proven. you're confusing your terms, and using the word logic in place of 'think' or 'opinion'.

case in point: your example of "dino said cash can't be replaced because his logic dictates it is lost and can only be gained/lost, never replaced"
is incorrect because you're misusing the word logic.
you should be writing: "dino said cash can't be replaced because it's his OPINION that..."[/QUOTE]

but logic is reasoning right? u have to infer somethin to get somethin. if i think differently from someone else, then i wouldn't come to the same conclusion. but tbh, idc, i've already dropped the issue, u should too

hmm... does anyone know wat deals (ad, unadvertised, blog deals, etc) there will be for next week? or any right now besides the 3ds ones?

[quote name='nbballard']I must have missed this. I bought the HE too- and I shouldn't have. It's a series I don't care too much about, and one of the more expensive CEs i've purchased.

(don't want to hear it, vlv).[/QUOTE]

:D

You knew it was going to happen. I'm tempted to use my GS credit to buy the Hero Edition. Then again, I still haven't opened my copy of the game. :lol:

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Any chance kmart drops the Hero editions to 60 bucks?[/QUOTE]

Kmart? Drop CE? Sure... in 2014... :lol:

just playing

[quote name='jkircos']Is there a gaming coupon with a uDraw Tablet this week, or was that last week?[/QUOTE]

That was last week along with the uDraw game sales.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Yep. Return policy is 90 days I believe, but cannot do that either because I used the coupon from the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Ahh shit...wait a tic. I even asked the guy that was checking me out if the games were returnable if a different store had better stock and I wanted to return these. He told me "yah, I think it's cash back" and I told him, I don't care about cash, if it's just something like in-store credit that would be fine with me, and he confirmed it. I nabbed RDR and SWFU-II using a $60 coupon and $10 cash. I only bought SWFU-II because the store's stock was pretty miserable and I had to get above $60 on the transaction, and I was going to see if a different store had better stock and ideally swap that game out for a another. Didn't see anything about preventing returns on the front page of this thread. Did I miss a post or something?

That would really kinda suck. The $60 coupon with the purchase of the 4GB Xbox has been great, but finding a way to spend it has been a real pain in the ass with such limited game selection in the two stores closest to me.

fuck. Maybe I did find the text that would apply:

"Coupon value applied
and pro-rated across all qualifying items; including
qualifying items purchased in addition to the
minimum requirements or limits and will be deducted
from any refund."

RDR $40, SWFU-II $30. I paid $10 cash. So if I went to return them, I'd get a high five and $10 cash after having the employee tell me they were returnable for maybe cash, but definitely store credit? Goddammit.

[quote name='vlv723']:D

You knew it was going to happen. I'm tempted to use my GS credit to buy the Hero Edition. Then again, I still haven't opened my copy of the game. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I already played it and beat it (and have a free copy in the mail from HouseParty). I don't regret buying it- but that'a pretty fast drop.

CEs don't ever hold their value in store anymore, so I know better than to get upset about it.

[quote name='brewin']LA Noire sale starts this Sunday the 10th right? Whats the general concensus on this game?[/QUOTE]

For $35 it's a must have. The GTA series has never been one of my favorites, but the gameplay in LAN is fresh, unique (with you as the good guy) and the interrogation/investigation stuff is a fun angle. I really enjoyed it. Good length on the game too.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not cheating! I ran the best deal possible for my chain and if it is beat it's beat. All I can do is maximize every dollar I can for everyone. Kudos to them for matching. I am kind of coming full circle on my stance with them.

If they match, they match. Whatever. If I have to settle for being the most consistent BM chain out there so be it. Either way, I am going to make it expensive for them :) scorched earth![/QUOTE]
Your pragmatism is appreciated; we're going to go where we can maximize our money, that's we do as consumers, and as CAGs. But the trick is that while you may not have the absolute best deal out of every retailer every single time on every game (older titles, clearance, etc.), your deals and more importantly your presence and customer service to the community bring people back when they might not have otherwise. That's the key. Customers will have a sense of loyalty to Kmart because through your work Kmart has a loyalty to its customers.

Regarding Amazon, I think that is, again, a practical view. No B&M can really compete with Amazon directly; the dynamics are simply too different between the two retail spaces, and Amazon has the resources of time and money price match any deals it deigns to. Kmart can, however, more easily compete with its B&M competitors, and differentiate itself in that space.

[quote name='brewin']LA Noire sale starts this Sunday the 10th right? Whats the general concensus on this game?[/QUOTE]

You are correct about the start date.

As far my opinion of the game, I hated it. I'm in the minority though. I play a variety of genre of games so it's not like I'm some CoD fps only guy. I just think that LA Noire was boring, repetitive, and lacked a lot in the way of fun gameplay and story. The graphics are some of the best I've seen no doubt but the game itself was far from good, IMO. I have about 80 PS3 games and I don't trade in games cause I know I'll play them again some time. I sold LA Noire without even using the DLC code because I thought it was so bad.

Personally, I thought Heavy Rain was by far the better game. And I think they are similar enough to compare.

[quote name='ssr']You are correct about the start date.

As far my opinion of the game, I hated it. I'm in the minority though. I play a variety of genre of games so it's not like I'm some CoD fps only guy. I just think that LA Noire was boring, repetitive, and lacked a lot in the way of fun gameplay and story. The graphics are some of the best I've seen no doubt but the game itself was far from good, IMO. I have about 80 PS3 games and I don't trade in games cause I know I'll play them again some time. I sold LA Noire without even using the DLC code because I thought it was so bad.

Personally, I thought Heavy Rain was by far the better game. And I think they are similar enough to compare.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely consider that the minority opinion :p

89 on metacritic, extended gameplay through DLC. I'm not a big fan of Rockstar, but I'm a big fan of LAN.

Personally, I thought Heavy Rain was by far the better game. And I think they are similar enough to compare.[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you- and agree. We are the minority. I just thought it was boring and that it wasted it's climax (homocide) early on- and even that section of the game was frustrating. I played part of the way through vice (only because my friends kept insisting) and put it in the mail.

Only game in YEARS that i've intentionally abandoned mid-playthrough. The other was FF13.

[quote name='berzirk']I would definitely consider that the minority opinion :p

89 on metacritic, extended gameplay through DLC. I'm not a big fan of Rockstar, but I'm a big fan of LAN.[/QUOTE]
Not to be argumentative, but Metacritic doesn't really mean a lot in video games. Setting aside the whole 7-10 criticism (most scores fall in the 7-10 range), a lot of reviews tend to do a poor job of actually critically reviewing and critiquing the games. For example, Red Dead Redemption, another Rockstar game, has near universal "10/10 GOTY" praise. And while that game is fun and has some great things about it, there's a lot of things it does poorly, and reviewers overlook those criticisms in favor of the sheer scope of the world and quantity of content within it.

LA Noire has a decent/good story, and if you like procedural cop drama, you'll get enjoyment out of it. I did. But it is repetitive, it does hold your hand, and it never quite realizes its full potential.

I got LA Noire on a whim the day after launch. K-Mart had that great deal (Free $20 game + $20 coupon), and my girlfriend was interested in watching it, so we bit. After waiting to start it, I found that I'm enjoying it. I wouldn't call it a typical Rockstar game though, but I found this enjoyable. It definitely has its flaws, and I combat those by spreading the game around and not playing it on end, ad nauseum.

Its definitely worth $35, but I'm happy I jumped on the earlier deal (Which, BTW Josh, was AWESOME!) and didn't wait for it to drop like I had planned.

@ berzirk:
I did not use a coupon on the purchase. I received a coupon as a result of the purchase. Remember the $20 coupon during launch week? I already used that coupon, and was wondering if i may still return my infamous 2 HE. I don't mind getting back 80 as opposed to 100. What I do mind is that infamous 2 is now 60 at various retailers.

If anything i should get 80 back if they allow me to return it. I'm not looking to scam Big K here.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']@ berzirk:
I did not use a coupon on the purchase. I received a coupon as a result of the purchase. Remember the $20 coupon during launch week? I already used that coupon, and was wondering if i may still return my infamous 2 HE. I don't mind getting back 80 as opposed to 100. What I do mind is that infamous 2 is now 60 at various retailers.

If anything i should get 80 back if they allow me to return it. I'm not looking to scam Big K here.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I hear ya, neither am I. I'm mostly just miffed with myself for not seeing the print that would say I would get a refund, less the coupon that I applied, and miffed with the clerk since I explicitly asked the guy at checkout if I could return one of the games if I found a better selection at another Kmart. When he told me it was either cash or store credit, I picked up a second game that I probably wouldn't have chosen if I knew I was bound to it.

The lesson it taught me was 1) Read ALL terms and conditions myself thoroughly, don't trust the store employee to be correct, and 2) realize that for larger gaming coupons, it's only as valuable as a store's stock, which for the couple of stores closest to me, is pretty thin.

Kinda sour taste in my mouth, but I'll live.

[quote name='GBAstar']Kmart? Drop CE? Sure... in 2014... :lol:

just playing[/QUOTE]

lol. By then I won't even want it seeing as i won't use the backpack anymore.

I actually have seen quite a few people on this board agree with you and I am one of them. The game was SO boring. I also got rid of it after finishing the story and not botherin with any DLC.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Your pragmatism is appreciated; we're going to go where we can maximize our money, that's we do as consumers, and as CAGs. But the trick is that while you may not have the absolute best deal out of every retailer every single time on every game (older titles, clearance, etc.), your deals and more importantly your presence and customer service to the community bring people back when they might not have otherwise. That's the key. Customers will have a sense of loyalty to Kmart because through your work Kmart has a loyalty to its customers.

Regarding Amazon, I think that is, again, a practical view. No B&M can really compete with Amazon directly; the dynamics are simply too different between the two retail spaces, and Amazon has the resources of time and money price match any deals it deigns to. Kmart can, however, more easily compete with its B&M competitors, and differentiate itself in that space.[/QUOTE]
Thanks dude.

[quote name='GBAstar']Kmart? Drop CE? Sure... in 2014... :lol:

just playing[/QUOTE]
Lol, you're probably right.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Lol, you're probably right.[/QUOTE]
You should have used a Schwarzeneggerian one-liner that doesn't make sense, like:

"You're probably wrong." (pulls trigger)

Just kidding.

I want to want to pick up Duke Nukem at $34.99 next week, but I feel that I can't justify it and have lost all of the anticipation to play it. I enjoyed the demo and really want to get the game, but I have a feeling this will be dirt cheap on black friday...

[quote name='sadboy']You should have used a Schwarzeneggerian one-liner that doesn't make sense, like:

"You're probably wrong." (pulls trigger)

Just kidding.
[/QUOTE]

ahnaald.png

[quote name='jj5206']I want to want to pick up Duke Nukem at $34.99 next week, but I feel that I can't justify it and have lost all of the anticipation to play it. I enjoyed the demo and really want to get the game, but I have a feeling this will be dirt cheap on black friday...[/QUOTE]

It's really not very good. rent it and find out for yourself.

[quote name='wrencrest']I actually have seen quite a few people on this board agree with you and I am one of them. The game was SO boring. I also got rid of it after finishing the story and not botherin with any DLC.[/QUOTE]

Heavy Rain was easily the better game. It was more fun to play and had a better story.

I enjoyed LA Noire, and would reccomend it. But it feels more like a proof of concept/experiment than a game. Sort of reminds me of farenheit vs heavy rain actually.

I'm hoping that the technology and ideas behind LA Noire that are shown to work will be implemented again in the future, with a bit more attention to the fun factor. If there's an "LA Noire 2" of some sort, I imagine it will be much better.

kinda late to post this, but thanks again for the PS3 deal last week Josh. you've always helped me get in on the great gamer deals for the 1 kmart in my city (suprising since Tucson AZ has ~1 million people now) anyways, got my copy and 2 heavy rains and the electronics guy knew about the deal. He had the order of how to ring it up wrong, and also thought i was trying to cheat the system by getting 2 copies of the same game, but we were both polite and after his way of entering the items didnt work i told him another way i think might work. I didn't take his defensive-ness as offensive, simply because it was the last day of this deal and I bet people had been trying to switch games all week. thanks again for getting the word out and having great deals. Take care

What happens with returns at Kmart if the game gave me or was bought with a gaming coupon? If it was bought with do I just get the amount of the game minus the coupon? I'm wondering because I have some unopened games that I'm thinking about returning to save some cash, but if the gaming coupons will impact return amounts I don't want to deal with it.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Heavy Rain was easily the better game. It was more fun to play and had a better story.

I enjoyed LA Noire, and would reccomend it. But it feels more like a proof of concept/experiment than a game. Sort of reminds me of farenheit vs heavy rain actually.

I'm hoping that the technology and ideas behind LA Noire that are shown to work will be implemented again in the future, with a bit more attention to the fun factor. If there's an "LA Noire 2" of some sort, I imagine it will be much better.[/QUOTE]
I would not be surprised to see a sequel or spiritual successor from Rockstar in the future (I can't shake the idea of them making N.Y. Noire.)

But I'm betting Team Bondi won't be developing it. The more I read about people having reactions similar to yours, the less surprised I am to hear about its development hell. It seems that by all accounts the game did not start coming together in any playable form until the last couple of years when Rockstar directly started pitching in to get the game out the door and stop hemorrhaging time and money. Considering this game was supposed to be a launch title for the Playstation 3, got dumped by Sony after several years of little progress, picked up by Rockstar, and had over 100 employees join and leave Team Bondi during its 7+ years of development it seems a miracle it released at all.

I'm way late on this bandwagon, but I finally got a rewards card. I also picked up Metro 2033. I've been looking for this game for the longest time.

I'm very tempted for LA Noire next week, but like many others, I have no interest in the DLC so I don't really know.

Heavy rain is the better game.
I found la noire frustrating and repetitive.
More than once multiple pieces of evidence would have been the correct choice and if you choose wrong its annoying. Turns the game into a coin flip.
Every case always climax in a repetitive chase scene, or gun battle. And the gunplay is crap, worse than mafia 2.

One of the bigger disappointments this year in video gamedom. I have no clue why it was so well reviewed.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Heavy Rain was easily the better game. It was more fun to play and had a better story.[/QUOTE]

I find it hard to believe a glorified QTE with more holes in its plot than pot holes in LA is the better game. Heavy Rain is easily the most overrated game of this gaming generation.

Also, Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit) was no better (arguably worse).

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Why does everybody keep comparing LA Noire to Heavy rain?[/QUOTE]
You are probably like me and only think about Ethan when you reflect on the game. Scott and Norman were both detectives and Madison was an investigative journalists. There were a lot of clue based moments in the game and depending on what you picked up and deciphered, you may or may not solve the case by the end of the game.

HR better realizes a lot of the conversational/situational action and you had to actually research some of your clues, etc.

[quote name='nbballard']You are probably like me and only think about Ethan when you reflect on the game. Scott and Norman were both detectives and Madison was an investigative journalists. There were a lot of clue based moments in the game and depending on what you picked up and deciphered, you may or may not solve the case by the end of the game.

HR better realizes a lot of the conversational/situational action and you had to actually research some of your clues, etc.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. IMO LAN was too forward. It practically guided you by stream to your next destination but let you get out occasionally to explore.

Heavy Rain hand holds just as much (if not more than) LA Noire. Clues are largely irrelevant since you usually have to exhaust a scene before progressing. There is only a few instances where they are actually relevant. Otherwise, you are moving from one QTE to the other.

Worst of all is the illusion of death. I won't spoil too much but suffice it to say that most characters avoid death in instances where failing every QTE will still not result in death. It is a bit of a stretch that you'll fail everyone of them, but David Cage made it a point in previews that death is ever present but the show will go on without them. You're practically stuck with everyone by design.

Really, I can see why some people like it. However, Heavy Rain is inferior to LA Noire in both story and gameplay. Also, minus points for David Cage being an idiot about schizophrenia.

[quote name='iPhone']Heavy Rain hand holds just as much (if not more than) LA Noire. Clues are largely irrelevant since you usually have to exhaust a scene before progressing. There is only a few instances where they are actually relevant. Otherwise, you are moving from one QTE to the other.

Worst of all is the illusion of death. I won't spoil too much but suffice it to say that most characters avoid death in instances where failing every QTE will still not result in death. It is a bit of a stretch that you'll fail everyone of them, but David Cage made it a point in previews that death is ever present but the show will go on without them. You're practically stuck with everyone by design.

Really, I can see why some people like it. However, Heavy Rain is inferior to LA Noire in both story and gameplay. Also, minus points for David Cage being an idiot about schizophrenia.[/QUOTE]
All of your criticisms can be as easily deflected back to LA Noire though. Clues in LA Noire are so simple to find as to make the search for them meaningless, because the game will not let you progress without finding something vital, and the only way the game can attempt to make important clues not stand out is by populating environments with a bunch of literal trash. You have to exhaust them before moving on, because the game can't let you fail.

LA Noire only gives the illusion of choice, as the game will not let you fail. You may miss clues in a conversation, but the game will find some other way of getting you that information anyway if it's vital to the game progressing. And if you miss a clue at a crime scene, the game will nag you until you go back and find what it needs you to find to progress.

Worse yet, the most important choices in the game mechanically (what all of the clue-finding and interrogating lead to) and narratively, who to charge with a crime, are SPOILERS!
rendered meaningless. If you've beaten the game, then you know that all of the Homicide and Arson cases have you make a choice of who to arrest that ultimately never matters, and thus is narratively weak and lazy, because it's someone else entirely. Its even worse because I figured out the Homicide twist within two cases but could do nothing about it.

As for the story of LA Noire, at best its a mildly successful amalgamation of basic noir motifs and themes, and at worst it's a lazy mess that borrows heavily from Chinatown and LA Confidential.

I like LA Noire. But to say that its better than Heavy Rain, and for those reasons, just doesn't make sense.

Gamers are to spoiled now adays. Just sit back and enjoy a game. Finding all the flaws just make you forget about why you play games. (To enjoy it)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']All of your criticisms can be as easily deflected back to LA Noire though. Clues in LA Noire are so simple to find as to make the search for them meaningless, because the game will not let you progress without finding something vital, and the only way the game can attempt to make important clues not stand out is by populating environments with a bunch of literal trash. You have to exhaust them before moving on, because the game can't let you fail.

LA Noire only gives the illusion of choice, as the game will not let you fail. You may miss clues in a conversation, but the game will find some other way of getting you that information anyway if it's vital to the game progressing. And if you miss a clue at a crime scene, the game will nag you until you go back and find what it needs you to find to progress.

Worse yet, the most important choices in the game mechanically (what all of the clue-finding and interrogating lead to) and narratively, who to charge with a crime, are SPOILERS!
rendered meaningless. If you've beaten the game, then you know that all of the Homicide and Arson cases have you make a choice of who to arrest that ultimately never matters, and thus is narratively weak and lazy, because it's someone else entirely. Its even worse because I figured out the Homicide twist within two cases but could do nothing about it.

As for the story of LA Noire, at best its a mildly successful amalgamation of basic noir motifs and themes, and at worst it's a lazy mess that borrows heavily from Chinatown and LA Confidential.

I like LA Noire. But to say that its better than Heavy Rain, and for those reasons, just doesn't make sense.[/QUOTE]

FYI: Choice is always an illusion. It's the illusion that entertains us...As gamers thats what we are looking for. We don't want choices or illusions, what we want is entertainment. This is the point where LA Noire grabbed me. The story really drew me in way more than that of Heavy Rain.

[quote name='sgr76']FYI: Choice is always an illusion.[/QUOTE]
Well, of course. Every choice only has whatever outcomes can be made by the developers. There's always going to be a constraint. But there are games that offer choices that do impact the story and gameplay in meaningful ways, and there are games that only pretend to do so. LA Noire is the latter.

[quote name='Toomuchboost']Gamers are to spoiled now adays. Just sit back and enjoy a game. Finding all the flaws just make you forget about why you play games. (To enjoy it)[/QUOTE]
Wait, what? That's nonsensical. You can say that about anything, and it would still be wrong.

Josh,
I know others have asked about Infamous 2 and you've said Sony price protected it until September. Just wanted to get your reaction on how Gamestop is allowed to sell the regular edition for $50 and the Hero Edition for $60 both online and in-store right now starting yesterday.

The thing about it though is in HR- there are times in the game where the character can die, or miss a clue that prevents them from making it to the final chapter. My experience with LAN was that Cole did whatever the fuck he wanted, arrested whoever he felt like and at the end of the day drew a paycheck. Really annoyed me.

[quote name='nbballard']The thing about it though is in HR- there are times in the game where the character can die, or miss a clue that prevents them from making it to the final chapter. My experience with LAN was that Cole did whatever the fuck he wanted, arrested whoever he felt like and at the end of the day drew a paycheck. Really annoyed me.[/QUOTE]

Heavy Rain honestly has the exact same trappings as LA Noire in that sense. If you didn't play more than once, you would never know it. You really have to try hard to get the absolute worst ending. In fact, I don't think it's possible unless you know ahead of time something crucial to the plot.

As for evidence, Jayden makes that whole thing pointless with how incredibly useful the ARI is.

Wow, thanks for all the responses regarding my question about LA Noire. Ive been eyeing it for some time and the sale start date coincides with a coup that I need to use so I can snag it for $25. Im still on the fence though and the responses here show exactly why Im on the fence. Some say its a great game while others say it is extremely boring but great to look at. Now its decision time: Do I put the money that I would have spent toward LA Noire tomorrow and instead go snag a copy of the Infamous 2: Hero Edition at gamestop or splurge on LA Noire.... Hmmmmm. Man I hate being broke cuz I just want to say fuck it and buy both.

EDIT: Now I wish that I wouldnt have got in on the Kinect game deal at Amazon but my kids really wanted that damn Carnival Games crap.... How does everyone feel about Infamous 2? I know its a completely different game than LA Noire, but which is the better deal: LA Noire at $25 or Infamous HE @ $60?

Not sure if it was touched on or not before (my mind got sidetracked by the Tina Fey crap) but does anybody remember if it was discussed whether or not Kmart will have the Augmented Edition of Deus Ex?

I feel like anybody who liked heavy rain is a crazy person or possibly deaf and played the game using subtitles.

I will say it was one of the games that made me laugh the most at the awful voice acting and overly melodramatic scenes. But you can only take so much of that before just feeling sad for the people who made it for failing so spectacularly.

I updated the OP with the weekly ad for next week.

The only video game sale in the ad is the deal for SYWR members - $20 gaming coupon with a purchase of NCAA Football 11. The coupon is valid from 7/17 to 9/3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back