Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']You know it's not. But if you're gonna talk about sears in here, at least give us some indication that youre talking about sears.[/QUOTE]
I asked a simple question(to SHC) about whether or not they had a way to check inventory for Sears due to the store I was at today disappearing for some reason from Google's shopping search.

As for putting it in my posts that I'm talking about Sears in the Kmart thread, why should I? If people can't be bothered to read back 10-20 posts and figure it out for themselves, then I say they deserve to go waste gas on a wild goose chase.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
As for putting it in my posts that I'm talking about Sears in the Kmart thread, why should I? If people can't be bothered to read back 10-20 posts and figure it out for themselves, then I say they deserve to go waste gas on a wild goose chase.[/QUOTE]

Are you being serious? This is a kmart thread. If you're gonna talk about a sears deal, it's simple courtesy to say so so that people don't go on wild goose chases.

How'd you like it if someone talked about a great deal at Best Buy Canada in the BB thread but left out the part about Canada and sent you on a wild goose chase?

That's not about being spoonfed and not reading back 20 posts. That's about not being a douchebag. Which you obviously can't understand.

Let's be honest; the only reason why the sears question was posted in here is in the (very small) off chance that Josh actually responds to something that I don't believe he even plays a part in as much clearance deals at sears now are done in store. I don't think he would support dropping a netbook to $20 so I'd imagine that decision was made from someone other then himself

[quote name='GBAstar']Let's be honest; the only reason why the sears question was posted in here is in the (very small) off chance that Josh actually responds to something that I don't believe he even plays a part in as much clearance deals at sears now are done in store. I don't think he would support dropping a netbook to $20 so I'd imagine that decision was made from someone other then himself[/QUOTE]
Wrong. Josh still has to approve the clearance drops for GAMES at Sears. He said so himself previously.

[quote name='dabamus']Wrong. Josh still has to approve the clearance drops for GAMES at Sears. He said so himself previously.[/QUOTE]

Is a netbook a game?

And he has to approve initail drops but stores can still run their own independent clearance drops and this has been proven many many times in store to store YMMV price drop comparisons. All it takes is the managers approval.

thanks though.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']The only "special" component you need is a dedicated GPU; there are no special processors, motherboards, etc. required for a good gaming PC. My CPU is the same one you could find in a manufactured desktop.

I'll concede that it's too involved for some people, there's no doubt it's an acquired taste. But if you're sinking a couple of thousand into a gaming rig, you're doing it wrong. You can build a rig that runs most games at max or near max settings for $800-$1000, maybe even less. That's about the price of your average midrange desktop at Best Buy, and only a bit more expensive than an iPad. It's really not that out of reach, but it comes down to priorities and I respect a lot of people don't want it. But there's no denying it does make a noticeable difference, which was my original point.[/QUOTE]

Right. But then you have to upgrade it yourself of shell out money for someone to install the graphics card for you. And computers are tempermental. And 2-3 years from now you won't be able to play the new release games without further upgrades (at least not at the highest settings). And high quality monitors are several times more expensive then LCD tv's.

The gap in quality between PC's and consoles when games like Myst first came out and the difference now is slowly closing.

For me personally I just like the "plug n play" feel to being able to throw in a game and play.

[quote name='confoosious']Are you guys talking Sears clearance in here? If so, cut that shit out. It gets too confusing.[/QUOTE]

I know it’s the Kmart thread but man I wanted to post about my experience at Sears today and the employee falsifying the price of a clearance item by substituting a same manufacturer, different style/type of item in its place.

Even after I saw the clearance price on screen before he took it off the screen quickly. Went to a different section entered a number showing a different price and even a different item description on screen. Then hastily threw it back in the locked case

By the way it was the Netbook and he was substituting the Tablet to Jimmy Dolan shake “n bake me. But you can’t fool papa Koulikov got go corporate route to complain since the employee was being difficult, lied to my face after he saw the clearance price, even refused to take it out again and hand scan it a second time when my brother came over.

Got a manager involved “amazingly” came up at clearance price but still wouldn't sell it to me, but did put it aside at my brothers request and she was going to check with loss and prevention to see if she could sell it to me at the clearance price. 30 minute drive for frustration.

Oops I told you about my Sears debacle in the Kmart thread sorry figured first blurb needed an explanation.

[quote name='GBAstar']Let's be honest; the only reason why the sears question was posted in here is in the (very small) off chance that Josh actually responds to something that I don't believe he even plays a part in as much clearance deals at sears now are done in store. I don't think he would support dropping a netbook to $20 so I'd imagine that decision was made from someone other then himself[/QUOTE]

As much as I would love Josh to go go like Godzilla on the place, he's probable got enough on his plate, and your right he most likely cant do anything about clearance items. But on a side note I love my local Kmart always friendly and helpful staff there.

He said months ago that he couldn't see allowing games to drop 'below $10' at Sears and that's about when Sears clearance went away for a while.

Dropping stuff to stupid cheap prices may not make sense from a financial standpoint, but when the other choice is cluttering up the shelves with items that obviously haven't moved at MSRP or games that haven't moved even during the sales at Kmart(i.e. 3-4 year old sports titles), then where does that leave the company?

It leaves them sitting on millions of dollars in products that are collecting dust and taking up shelf space that newer products could be taking up and possibly selling from with the right promotion/sale behind them.

Let's face it though, when it comes to gaming and even electronics, what retailer do you think of first? I'm sure if you asked the average shmuck on the street, the answer for gaming would be Gamestop and the answer for electronics would likely be Best Buy or one of their regional competitors.

When SHC did the LA NOIRE deal a while back, do you know how many TV ads I saw dedicated to getting the word out on it? ZERO. ZIP. ZILCH. NADA.

Most of these deals are advertised via the blog, which let's face it, unless you really know about the blog you're not going to know about the sales/deals.

So then the remaining copies of those games that may have received an insane sale deal one month sit and collect dust and join the others sitting in the case.

What I'm trying to say with all of this is if the company had promoted that Sears also sells games and advertised it, then maybe they wouldn't be sitting on a ton of old junk that no one except the clearance hunters like me really want.

LOL Apocalypse. That sounds like my experience on Weds with the one employee at a Sears up in Clay(NY) at the Great Northern Mall. The guy kept basically refusing to check anything by scanning it. Even went so far as to only copy down the numbers for the item, then quickly changing the screen after showing me it was MSRP in their system.

It was like he was trying to get rid of me as quickly as he could so he could go back to watching the HDtv's. That's how the one fat bastard was to me when I asked the other guy(who was actually working) to price check the PS2 slims for me. The prick kept saying 'systems never go clearance, systems never go clearance'.

I guess by talking to the other employee I was interrupting his movie he was trying to watch on the big screens.

SHC really has to put motion detectors on their employees and if they stand still for too long they get an electrical shock to get them to move.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']When SHC did the LA NOIRE deal a while back, do you know how many TV ads I saw dedicated to getting the word out on it? ZERO. ZIP. ZILCH. NADA.[/QUOTE]
What about Heavy Rain?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yes actually, timing for July is all up in the air. Hopefully I can get it settled by the end of the week a little bit better.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to hear more on this. Nowhere is putting this game on sale.

IATCG; although I"m not going to act all righteous, I do think this is the wrong thread for you to be asking these questions. Josh is NOT actively promoting gaming deals for Sears. I understand he still has to oversee their promotions but he isn't trying to drive traffic there through this thread. I also don't think it is beneficial to his time (regardless of what him taking the high road and saying he doesn't mind) to answer your clearance requests so you can ransack Sears video game department.

I do agree with what you're saying about moving old inventory. I think most of the games they have on clearance should just be dropped to $9.99 or less. At that point they can cut their losses while still bringing in a litle money and rebuild and be smarter with what they purchase and at what quantities.

[quote name='GBAstar']IATCG; although I"m not going to act all righteous, I do think this is the wrong thread for you to be asking these questions. Josh is NOT actively promoting gaming deals for Sears. I understand he still has to oversee their promotions but he isn't trying to drive traffic there through this thread. I also don't think it is beneficial to his time (regardless of what him taking the high road and saying he doesn't mind) to answer your clearance requests so you can ransack Sears video game department.

I do agree with what you're saying about moving old inventory. I think most of the games they have on clearance should just be dropped to $9.99 or less. At that point they can cut their losses while still bringing in a litle money and rebuild and be smarter with what they purchase and at what quantities.[/QUOTE]
Whaddya mean ransack Sears video game department? I actually only buy what I wanna play anymore(mainly due to the GS ban I have:lol:). Besides which, there's not much that's on clearance that I haven't seen cheaper elsewhere already, but I still prefer new over used if I have a choice.;)

But I only wanna know if there is some way at the corporate level to look up a true count of clearance items for the other chain that's actually part of the SHC corporate moniker.

That was my original intention with my post. I certainly did not intend for all of this offtopic banter and armchair modding to occur.

Slightly OFF TOPIC:
[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I bet a lot of people would take super high graphics at 2560 x 1600 on a 30"+ monitor than medium at 720p or 1080p on a 30"+ TV (because very few console games actually output at 720p or higher natively to achieve a smooth framerate; COD, for example, outputs at something like 540p to 600p, and is scaled up.) Setting aside the benefit of a larger screen (which any PC is also capable of outputting to, if desired), the jump from modern consoles to modern PCs cannot be underestimated.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GBAstar']And how much does that 30" super resolution monitor cost? [/QUOTE]

That would be my 1st response. My second would be that I believe that more people have a 42"+ TV in their house than have any size monitor that would really take advantage of the increased resolution that a PC an offer. Look, I'm not saying that a good PC cant do things that a console cant. PCs have a horsepower advantage that's a FACT we can all agree on. My contention is that the horsepower advantage only produces a minimal 'real world' difference to the vast majority of people.

It's like the difference b/w 720p (usually scaled to 768p) and 1080p. There is an actual FACTUAL difference b/w the two, but it's hardly noticeable to most people. Combine that with the technical knowledge hurdle and most people are satisfied passing and just going with a console. About the only 'real world' advantage that PCs have (in certain types of games) is choice of input method. (RTS may never feel right with a controller).

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']The only "special" component you need is a dedicated GPU; there are no special processors, motherboards, etc. required for a good gaming PC. My CPU is the same one you could find in a manufactured desktop.[/QUOTE]

"Special" depends on how you define it. I think it's fair to say that the minimum specs for CPU, GPU, RAM, are ever evolving and what works today and can play every game today, may not (probably will not) play every game out in 5-7 years, particularly if you're not building your rig towards the high end. It is quite easy today to buy an off the shelf comp w/ a CPU that is insufficient for today's games already. And again, even if you meet the specs for the game you want today, there is no guarantee for tomorrow's games. You get insured hardware compatibility with consoles. That insurance, for many people, is worth giving up nearly imperceptible increased graphical fidelity.

Josh really needs to create a dedicated Kmart deals thread. That way all the Sears and build-a-PC discussion won't be hindered by people interested in Kmart.

[quote name='hostyl1']Slightly OFF TOPIC:[/QUOTE]

Completely , not slightly, off topic. Kmart a) doesn't sell PCs, b) barely sells computer games, and c) no relation to a Kmart deal.

This thread has really gone away from the purpose of it.

Snip'd for length.
[quote name='GBAstar']Right. But then you have to upgrade it yourself of shell out money for someone to install the graphics card for you. And computers are tempermental. And 2-3 years from now you won't be able to play the new release games without further upgrades (at least not at the highest settings). And high quality monitors are several times more expensive then LCD tv's.[/QUOTE]
It's really not hard to install a GPU. Once you know what part to remove, it is literally as simple as unplug, remove, plug in new one, done. Consoles are temperamental: RROD, YLOD. And (usually) about 5 years later you have to get the next version of it. And if we set aside super high-res monitors, even at 1080p computers still outperform consoles because resolution is not the sole factor in visual quality.

[quote name='GBAstar']The gap in quality between PC's and consoles when games like Myst first came out and the difference now is slowly closing.[/QUOTE]
I would say "somewhat." I think every time a new console generation comes out, the gap shrinks dramatically. But during the course of its lifespan, that gap begins growing at an accelerated rate. Console games are cutting corners now to try and keep both a stable framerate and solid graphics (see COD's low resolution, for instance.)

[quote name='GBAstar']For me personally I just like the "plug n play" feel to being able to throw in a game and play.[/QUOTE]
I can agree with you there. Don't get the completely wrong impression, as the 360 is still my lead platform in many ways, and I grew up on consoles, so I get where people come from with that.

[quote name='hostyl1']"Special" depends on how you define it. I think it's fair to say that the minimum specs for CPU, GPU, RAM, are ever evolving and what works today and can play every game today, may not (probably will not) play every game out in 5-7 years, particularly if you're not building your rig towards the high end.[/QUOTE]
Well, of course in 5-7 years your computer will be too old, much like consoles are soon to be outdated within that very same timeframe. You're holding it against PCs that they cannot meet a standard even consoles cannot meet.
[quote name='lordopus99']Completely , not slightly, off topic. Kmart a) doesn't sell PCs, b) barely sells computer games, and c) no relation to a Kmart deal.

This thread has really gone away from the purpose of it.[/QUOTE]
False, they sell netbooks and tablets. False, they sell enough new ones to be significant. False, this discussion is the end result of discussing whether Kmart should carry PC games or not. It's the long tangential end of a line of thought that began with discussion about Kmart's future deals on PC titles.

Josh invited the discussion. If people weren't talking about off topic stuff there would be nothing to discuss right now anyway.

I want to clear something up: I'm not the OT police. I don't really give a crap.

But to talk about Sears clearance without even telling people you're talking about something that pertains to another store in this thread is fucking ridiculous. It only ads to confusion. And then to say that it's ok to do so because other people are just lazy is the height of self centered insanity.

As for IATTCG, I can't believe he has the cojones to even ask SHC for help on anything after he spent months talking trash about him because SHC "killed sears clearance.'

SHC can't say it but if I were him, I'd tell IATTCG to go cram it with walnuts.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']
False, they sell netbooks and tablets. False, they sell enough new ones to be significant. False, this discussion is the end result of discussing whether Kmart should carry PC games or not. It's the long tangential end of a line of thought that began with discussion about Kmart's future deals on PC titles.[/QUOTE]

Netbooks/tablets... Can any of them play a modern PC game? No.
New ones to be signficant... Not from what I have seen. I think I could count on one hand the titles in any of my locations, if they have any at all. That to me is NOT significant.
Josh inviting conversation... Sure. This comment comes nowhere close to the intention of Josh's conversation. If you bring the other matters, you notice a pattern of Off Topicness unrelated to Josh and his posts.

Do realize some people do like to come to this thread to see Kmart deals... I know shocking... only to find nothing related to deals outside the front page (which can be too wordy at times). This topic was created for Kmart deals and the support of those deals, the current talk is about PC configs/TVs and Sears Clearance... how is that not the defintion of "OFF TOPIC"...

Wow, the last two pages of this thread are completely worthless. Thanks, guys. If only there was a Sears thread where half of this could be taking place. Oh, wait... there is:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242702

And then if there was a PC forum where the other half of this could be taking place. Oh, wait... there is:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Let's keep this thread CLOSE to being on topic, shall we? So we don't bury any posts about next week's deals behind 3 or 4 more pages of baloney, then deal with people repeatedly asking what the new deals are - which I know most of the regulars here hate? Fair enough?

[quote name='jer7583']Josh invited the discussion. If people weren't talking about off topic stuff there would be nothing to discuss right now anyway.[/QUOTE]

Well now that I know that this has become Josh's think tank, I'll come back when the deals return.

Josh, Target has Cars 2 and a few other games for $37 next week, any chance you'll be offering a similar deal? I'd love to use my Zelda coupon to get Cars 2 before it expires!

At least put all of the OT/musings about Josh's musings in spoiler tags, so the people who are not interested can quickly scan past. If you can write the lengthy dissertations that have been recently written, two more clicks for the spoiler tags won't make your fingers fall off.

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']At least put all of the OT/musings about Josh's musings in spoiler tags, so the people who are not interested can quickly scan past.[/QUOTE]
That's a fair request. I'll happily oblige.
[quote name='lordopus99']Netbooks/tablets... Can any of them play a modern PC game? No.
New ones to be signficant... Not from what I have seen. I think I could count on one hand the titles in any of my locations, if they have any at all. That to me is NOT significant.
Josh inviting conversation... Sure. This comment comes nowhere close to the intention of Josh's conversation. If you bring the other matters, you notice a pattern of Off Topicness unrelated to Josh and his posts.[/QUOTE]
Now you're just arbitrarily changing your questions to suit your answers. You didn't ask if Kmart sold high-end PCs (because yes, netbooks can run plenty of modern games, seeing as indie games qualify as modern games), you ask if they sold PCs. The answer is yes. A question of semantics determines the others.

[quote name='lordopus99']Do realize some people do like to come to this thread to see Kmart deals... I know shocking... only to find nothing related to deals outside the front page (which can be too wordy at times).[/QUOTE]
[quote name='DJP519']Let's keep this thread CLOSE to being on topic, shall we? So we don't bury any posts about next week's deals behind 3 or 4 more pages of baloney, then deal with people repeatedly asking what the new deals are - which I know most of the regulars here hate? Fair enough?[/QUOTE]
The reason this arguably off-topic discussion is occurring is precisely because there's not much to discuss regarding Kmart's deals in the first place. It's been a lot of questions and discussions of those answers with Josh for the last while. Once more pertinent posts begin appearing and the deals and discussion related to them pick up, this OT fades away because attention will shift naturally to what's important. This happens all the time in discussion.

Forums abhor a vacuum.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']That's a fair request. I'll happily oblige.
Now you're just arbitrarily changing your questions to suit your answers. You didn't ask if Kmart sold high-end PCs (because yes, netbooks can run plenty of modern games, seeing as indie games qualify as modern games), you ask if they sold PCs. The answer is yes. A question of semantics determines the others.

The reason this arguably off-topic discussion is occurring is precisely because there's not much to discuss regarding Kmart's deals in the first place. It's been a lot of questions and discussions of those answers with Josh for the last while. Once more pertinent posts begin appearing and the deals and discussion related to them pick up, this OT fades away because attention will shift naturally to what's important. This happens all the time in discussion.

Forums abhor a vacuum.
[/QUOTE]
Who cares that there isn't much to discuss? Should a user that visit this thread once a week have to sift through 10 pages of crap to even see what the deals might be for the following week because you (referring to anyone going OT) were bored and couldn't take your talk to an appropriate forum/thread?

PS OT posts don't fade away because something new gets posted. You will notice that the longer you stay on this board.

[quote name='GBAstar']If you want to see the deals for the week and not have to filter through this garbage go to the OP.. duh[/QUOTE]

Not when the deals for the FOLLOWING week are often NOT put in the OP until the Monday after it goes active. "Duh"

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']At least put all of the OT/musings about Josh's musings in spoiler tags, so the people who are not interested can quickly scan past. If you can write the lengthy dissertations that have been recently written, two more clicks for the spoiler tags won't make your fingers fall off.[/QUOTE]

In general, I dont see the problem with a little OT talk. I find it much more interesting than just the "Picked up XXX. Thanks" posts but maybe that's just me. "Dissertation" crack notwithstanding, my last post has been spoilered. Hope that makes someone happy.

Well, clearly the people that engage in excessive OT postings don't see the problem with a little OT, but the "picked up XXX, thanks" posts are actually helpful to the people that sometimes have issues with their stores or the deals. The more people that report they were able to complete a transaction, the easier it is for others in the area to feel comfortable about shopping at Kmart and for Josh to narrow in on the problems that occur in the store.

But, hey, if my little suggestion annoyed you as much as your long ramble has annoyed others, then yes, someone is happy. :roll:

[quote name='Blaster man']Josh, will you be updating the op with new clearance changes this Sunday?[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something? I thought someone just speculated about more drops but Josh never said anything about it. (Or did he? I can't search user posts from work or I would check.)

[quote name='lordopus99']Completely , not slightly, off topic. Kmart a) doesn't sell PCs, b) barely sells computer games, and c) no relation to a Kmart deal.

Actually that's NOT true. The one Kmart by me has a Gateway touch screen PC intermingled in the TV section with the HDtv's. It's been there for at least 3-6 months now. I've seen this Gateway PC at at least 2-5 stores.

My store carries several different PC's, from cheap 2" mini-tablets to the pretty nice Acer Iconia tab. We have Acer and Dell netbooks as well, including a Dell netbook/tablet w/touchscreen, as well as an Acer laptop. We also have the previously mentioned all-in-one 22" Gateway touchscreen PC as well. So we actually have a nice variety compared to this point last year, which was maybe one cheap sylvania netbook maybe?

So what games will be on sale nxt wk on the 17-23? I have a hard time keeping track of what's on sale here unless I read the last 5 pages of mostly non kmart related talk.

Went and bought the last ps3 copy of LA Noire today for 34.99. I get home, open it up, and there was no game disc inside. Plastic wrap wasn't tampered with or anything. Took it back and got a full refund and no hassle, but very strange. Will wait til tthe ps3 version goes on sale again, I have other games to get to.

Josh, Kmart been dropping the ball on deals lately give us something good haven't bought anything in weeks, when I was buying a game every week! Help us out man with the great deals we usually get!

Since Kmart is not selling it, I don't feel bad for letting people know on here. Buy.com has a $20 credit for Catherine (I think you have to wait the 45 day return period to use it though). I've never used them, so I can't say how good they are, but I'm considering taking the plunge on this one. It also comes with the soundtrack and art book for those wondering.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Is kmart even going to stock Captain America?[/QUOTE]

i dont think kmart is. not sure tho. u can probably use the search feature and check. i remember somethin being said about its stock

[quote name='wantedman728']Josh, Kmart been dropping the ball on deals lately give us something good haven't bought anything in weeks, when I was buying a game every week! Help us out man with the great deals we usually get![/QUOTE]

we're still getting deals, just less since, mostly, the deals here have been on newly released games. like this week was L.A. Noire and Duke Nukem for 34.99. Think josh is working on deals tho

[quote name='martinez91']My store carries several different PC's, from cheap 2" mini-tablets to the pretty nice Acer Iconia tab. We have Acer and Dell netbooks as well, including a Dell netbook/tablet w/touchscreen, as well as an Acer laptop. We also have the previously mentioned all-in-one 22" Gateway touchscreen PC as well. So we actually have a nice variety compared to this point last year, which was maybe one cheap sylvania netbook maybe?[/QUOTE]

Addressing both comments: look under the spoiler in the following posts from original comment.

I ended up pulling the trigger on LA Noire. $34.99 is a great deal. Thanks Josh.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Shadows of The Damned sold 24,000 copies on PS3 + Xbox combined. Ouch.[/QUOTE]

Damn - that's not a good hit for the industry =/

[quote name='ShockandAww']Shadows of The Damned sold 24,000 copies on PS3 + Xbox combined. Ouch.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone is going to be going on sale soon!

[quote name='omyard']Sounds like someone is going to be going on sale soon![/QUOTE]

Glad for the sale price. But it's not good prospects for games like this going forward, particularly multiplatform games that EA is just signing "publishing" deals on.

Those figures are probably worse than many JRPG's by NIS/Atlus sell, I'm sure EA didn't see that coming. Really these publisher agreements EA game out with a couple years ago don't seem to be working out so well. Crysis 2 had a MASSIVE budget from EA and it didn't live up to projections, Bulletstorm seemed to have lackluster sales, and this one isn't just lackluster it has to be considered a total sales disaster.

Insomniac's 1st multi-plat game might be next...

This is why we can't have nice things.

This is why fewer and fewer developers are trying to start up new IP's. This is why you're going to see Call of Duty 32 and Halo 48. This is why I hate the current state of gaming.

[quote name='Scorch']This is why we can't have nice things.

This is why fewer and fewer developers are trying to start up new IP's. This is why you're going to see Call of Duty 32 and Halo 48. This is why I hate the current state of gaming.[/QUOTE]

lol, i really hope CoD 32 and Halo 48 aren't coming out together, cuz that just means a crapload of halo games would be coming out each year to overtake CoD by that much lol --- but I mean SotD did have humor that either wouldn't be amusing to many people, or suitable for children right? plus, it didn't seem like it wasn't extremely advertised, i saw it many times on youtube but i watch a lot of youtube. idk tho, i could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back