Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh,

We have the clearance prices for Feb/May, but we are in JULY now.

Did I miss something?

Shouldn't we be working toward at least a June Clearance List?

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but where are the new June & possibly (some of) July Clearance lists?

Not really sure what i'm missing here, but shouldn't we be seeing some NEW clearance prices by now?

Why am I the only one that has noticed this seemingly?

[quote name='alarmed']Josh,

Did I miss something?

Shouldn't we be working toward at least a June Clearance List?

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but where are the new June & possibly (some of) July Clearance lists?[/QUOTE]

They don't clearance things out every month.. I don't think, anyway.

Also, El Shaddai was terrible. I couldn't even finish the demo. Bonus points for the art style, though. I liked that.

Thanks Scorch!

I thought drops occurred every month.

That'll save me the time of daily checking this thread for new pricing!

I have always hated scrolling down the first page to Josh's 4th or 5th post to see if things have changed on a daily basis.

I appreciate the info. THANKS AGAIN!

np. iirc, clearances are seasonal, so there might be another one mid-August or early September, but definitely not another one this soon.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I go back and forth everyday on it.[/QUOTE]
What's making you go back and forth on it, aside from the possibility it might be a sleeper?

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']And the name. I don't know how on earth people will pronounce that name. "Do you guys have that Spanish game? You know, El Shaddy, Ascent of the Metabolism?" Throw in the Eastern take on Western Judeo-Christian religion and you've got a right quirky little Japanese game.[/QUOTE]
I'd go with, "You know. That Amy Grant song."

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Circular pages are so insanely expensive, I would love to do this though.

All in all I wish I had a lot of marketing funds period![/QUOTE]
Would there perhaps be a way to break up the circulation of the weekly ads by sections of the country and put the onus for getting the word out on some ad/blog deals onto some regional manager or other person affiliated with SHC?

It's a possibility, albeit highly unlikely I'm sure.

Mind you, you might run into the lackadaisical manager or nine who would spend appropriated funds elsewhere rather than advertising the gaming section deals.

Of course, all of this would make everything more confusing and even more YMMV.

I haven't played the el shaddai demo. i kind of just want to go into it completely blind. I'm going to get it for sure.

I had assumed El Shaddai was a PSN title based on what I played. When I read about it more, I was so confused as to why it was going to retail for $60(?). I think it'd have to be a truly exceptional deal for me to even think considering purchasing it at any MSRP value.

Of course, if too many people think like this and they have a small production run, it could end up 'rare' and make it more costly in the future. Decisions, decisions.

I agree about El Shaddai seeming like a PSN title. I really liked what I played, but there's no way I'm going to pay $60 for it. I'll check it out when it drops to the $20 mark. I am looking forward to Catherine this week, so it's not like I just want to play the big AAA titles.

[quote name='sadboy']What's making you go back and forth on it, aside from the possibility it might be a sleeper?

I'd go with, "You know. That Amy Grant song."[/QUOTE]

I mean obviously I have no idea what he's thinking on it, but it's coming from Takeyasu Sawaki he's directing the game. He played a big role in the direction of Okami and the artistic style that made that game a cult classic. So in theory everyone who enjoyed the Okami experience could and would want to presumably play more things he takes an active role in.

Now do I think it will sell a ton still in the West? Honestly and sadly I would say no.

I loved the demo personally and will probably pick it up. Other reasons why it could be a sleeper: Easily a game that can be enjoyed by everyone with Easy mode. The challenge is reduced down pretty good compared to normal and it lets you just experience the art aspects of the game rather than having to learn a combo system. Somewhere it was reported that there a sizable female audience who were buying it at the Japanese launch. Plus Japan was buying like the Jeans Enoch wears for like 400 dollars or something crazy. Now obviously Japan has a different market than us but I think there's something to that to a certain extent.

They do have a lot of other things that could help them out at the sametime though. August isn't exactly jam packed with content other than the people Importing Xenoblade. It's before the big holiday push and after July has been empty for the most part and maybe people are just looking for something to play. They delayed it far enough away from Catherine also, so people aren't torn on which one to buy next Tuesday. All things to keep in mind.

[quote name='alarmed']Josh,
...[/QUOTE]

josh,

regarding those prices on pg 1, are they supposed to be system-wide or YMMV? i went to KMT recently & 'loco roco 2' psp was priced @ $9.97
when i told the CSR about the $4.97 KmartGamer 6.0 clearance price, he just laughed & shook his head: no price match, nothing. is that SOP? what should i have done? TIA.

[quote name='ivana89']josh,

regarding those prices on pg 1, are they supposed to be system-wide or YMMV? i went to KMT recently & 'loco roco 2' psp was priced @ $9.97
when i told the CSR about the $4.97 KmartGamer 6.0 clearance price, he just laughed & shook his head: no price match, nothing. is that SOP? what should i have done? TIA.[/QUOTE]
Aren't all versions of LocoRoco 2 just the download voucher in a PSP case? If so, then just go to Sears and find a copy as it's only $.97 there.;)

But if it was a physical edition and you want them to have the same price as reported here, then you'd have to somehow get them to check their pricing gun for an update that would drop it to that price.

You could always tell them that 'a friend' got it for $5 and then hope they check the RMU(pricing gun).

I know all about the updates n clearance pricing from a while back, in case you couldn't tell.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Aren't all versions of LocoRoco 2 just the download voucher in a PSP case? If so, then just go to Sears and find a copy as it's only $.97 there.;)

But if it was a physical edition and you want them to have the same price as reported here, then you'd have to somehow get them to check their pricing gun for an update that would drop it to that price.

You could always tell them that 'a friend' got it for $5 and then hope they check the RMU(pricing gun).

I know all about the updates n clearance pricing from a while back, in case you couldn't tell.;)[/QUOTE]

aaugh! i was just at nearby SHC's digging thru clearance bins. lots of 'singstar ABBA', but no 'loco roco 2': could it have been w/the regularly-priced stuff? or not marked down? @ $0.97, google shopping lists it as 'OOS'. i could have sworn it went from '$9.97' to 'call for price/availability' to '$0.97/OOS' just like that. any advice re SHC clearance bin shopping would be appreciated.

re KMT, i can't tell if there's a UMD inside the PSP case. the CSR scanned the item, so when it rang up at $9.97, i thought the clearance prices were YMMV. thx.

Think I may head out and pickup Call of Juarez today and use my Infamous 2 coupon since it expires today. I'm a glutton for punishment (Homefront, Brink, Kane & Lynch: Dog Days).

[quote name='Marauder7']Think I may head out and pickup Call of Juarez today and use my Infamous 2 coupon since it expires today. I'm a glutton for punishment (Homefront, Brink, Kane & Lynch: Dog Days).[/QUOTE]

I really wanted to pick it up but after the terrible reviews I couldn't bring myself to do it.

[quote name='joshrocker']I really wanted to pick it up but after the terrible reviews I couldn't bring myself to do it.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to see what my kmart has. I'm hoping for a good budget title or a psn card. If not then it's Call of Juarez and hopefully I finish it quickly then trade it in.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Aren't all versions of LocoRoco 2 just the download voucher in a PSP case?[/QUOTE]

No, that was Patapon 2, Locoroco 2 is a UMD.

Went to use my Alice coupon on a PSN card yesterday since it expires on the 30th. Store didn't have any $20 cards, so I decided to get a $50 one, then the register wouldn't take the coupon or SYWR card. Kept saying the service was unavailable. This was the first time I've ever had any issues a this store, so I'll try again today.

[quote name='Marauder7']I'm going to see what my kmart has. I'm hoping for a good budget title or a psn card. If not then it's Call of Juarez and hopefully I finish it quickly then trade it in.[/QUOTE]

I have a coupon to use also but there's nothing i'm really wanting. I wanted to get call of Juarez to keep the coupon train going but it sounds so terrible. I'm thinking i'll pick up a PSN/Xbox card also.

I wanted to use my Zelda coupon on Pac-man to keep the coupon train a moving, but since there is no coupon on Pac-man now, I may hold off. Or, just go ahead and get it with the coupon and rewards points. Shouldn't cost very much after those.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm planning to use this downtime to map out my coupon train for the near future, starting with Deus Ex for my birthday. :bouncy:

had to use my $20 coupon from... somethin idr what, it expired today tho so i guess subtract 45 days + 4 or 5 and u'll get the release date. my nearby store didn't have an amazing selection and was too lazy to ask teh guy to pull out games so i could look through it. ended up leavin the MGS essentials pack for the ps2 for him (he specifically left it in the back for himself) and picked up a stylus pack and a socom confrontation bundle for 6 bucks oop. i already have 3 of those bundles but fuckin free for that headset is a steal!

[quote name='jer7583']Y U NO OFFER DEAL ON PAC-MAN/GALAGA 3DS JOSH?

Kmart is doomed![/QUOTE]

Don't kick the hornets nest again.

I drove past a store yesterday that had a big marquee out front for advertising deals or whatever - all it said was:

Y U NO SHOP HERE?????

Josh, picked up call of juarez and wanted to know if you accept digital copy of the receipt and since I still have a gift card you sent me last time could you add the 15 to the card or your just going to send me another card?

Watching the quick look for Call of Juarez and i'm going to go ahead and say if you're even slightly consiering using your coupons on that game just tear them up and throw them away instead.

Looks absolutely and fully awful.

Or if you can find it at kmart the previous game Bound in Blood is really quite excellent. Buy that instead.

[quote name='jer7583']Y U NO OFFER DEAL ON PAC-MAN/GALAGA 3DS JOSH?

Kmart is doomed![/QUOTE]

I know youre being sarcastic but there was an offer planned earlier in the year if I remember right. did Josh mention canceling it? I see it's no longer listed on the front page either (could have sworn it was there a month ago).

[quote name='jer7583']Watching the quick look for Call of Juarez and i'm going to go ahead and say if you're even slightly consiering using your coupons on that game just tear them up and throw them away instead.

Looks absolutely and fully awful.

Or if you can find it at kmart the previous game Bound in Blood is really quite excellent. Buy that instead.[/QUOTE]

You would be correct, sir. I think I was around the midpoint of the game and I couldn't force myself to play any more (this was one day of a two day rental). It's a mess of game. I would imagine it will be $20 in no time.

I've been away from this thread for too long!

For anyone who wants a Deus Ex Augmented Edition sent to their store please email me ASAP as we're ordering it this week. I'll need store address (or number) and which platform.

So uhhh, are there any sales this week? Is the OP to be used for anything anymore? I don't feel like i should have to read another 10 pages of arguing just to find out if there are any sales...

This is about how well set up my kmart is, lol. Are we going for a ghetto feel in here as well?

Ok. Went back a good 9 pages and figured I'd stop looking given how much bullshit has popped up in this thread in the few days I haven't checked up on it, but the talk about Deus Ex has me thinking a deal has been confirmed and possibly announced?
Any info on the deal? Anything special if you get the Augmented Edition?
If the deal is good I'm VERY tempted to cancel my GameStop preorder and email Stock Boy to get a copy of Augmented shipped to my store so I can get it there.

Again, I tried to go back to find the info, but I gave up after 8 pages due to the assholes shitting up this thread with bickering and bitching. Thanks for any info.

[quote name='cheesebu']This is about how well set up my kmart is, lol. Are we going for a ghetto feel in here as well?[/QUOTE]
There's two guys going above and beyond to try and get you to shop there. Give them a break, will you?

[quote name='grap3fruitman']There's two guys going above and beyond to try and get you to shop there. Give them a break, will you?[/QUOTE]

Ehh, i just thought it was weird, there have been deals every week for quite some time. Probably time to close this thread for a while if there are no sales to post or discuss.

[quote name='cheesebu']Ehh, i just thought it was weird, there have been deals every week for quite some time. Probably time to close this thread for a while if there are no sales to post or discuss.[/QUOTE]

If there is any deal that people care about it will be in the OP.

FIFA '12 now has a promo offer online, intrigued to see if other retailers match it or not. I haven't been here in a month or so...anything worth posting?

[quote name='ShockandAww']If there is any deal that people care about it will be in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Or people would be discussing them. People on here acting like the arguments completely ruin the thread when even when they're going on, the thread moves at a rate of a page a day. I know reading is difficult for some people on here and they can't do it for extended periods of time, but maybe learning how to skim replies would benefit people?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Or people would be discussing them. People on here acting like the arguments completely ruin the thread when even when they're going on, the thread moves at a rate of a page a day. I know reading is difficult for some people on here and they can't do it for extended periods of time, but maybe learning how to skim replies would benefit people?[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. I haven't joined in the pointless conversation of arguing because it's not worth my time. But I just put my thread view on the 100 per page or whatever the max is then skim through everything. I can go three days without visiting and when I come back read everything I cared to in about 10 minutes.

does anyone know if the big games this fall include the gaming coupons for pc like dues ex, rage, skyrim, battlefield 3 big games this fall include the gamig coupons for pc like dues ex, rage, skyrim, battlefield 3 n

[quote name='bgame2']You're going to close a thread that has had a multi-million view count?[/QUOTE]

It's actually not a bad idea until there are actual deals to discuss. It's been nothing but a bitchfest for 2 weeks now.

[quote name='yodathe3rd']does anyone know if the big games this fall include the gaming coupons for pc like dues ex, rage, skyrim, battlefield 3 big games this fall include the gamig coupons for pc like dues ex, rage, skyrim, battlefield 3 n[/QUOTE]

.....the fuck?

read the op. if theres a game listed and it has PC listed next to it, there will be a coupon.

I will say one thing about Josh and Stockboy and the deals that we get to know about...

I live a few miles from a K Mart, and over 10 miles from a Target. I'd been driving to target for everything, and now, I stop in K Mart... I've come to realize the pricing isn't THAT far off on sale items, and they normally have the items I want and I can be home in 5 minutes instead of 15... so if anything, they've gotten me and my wallet into K Mart more often than ever before.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Or people would be discussing them. People on here acting like the arguments completely ruin the thread when even when they're going on, the thread moves at a rate of a page a day. I know reading is difficult for some people on here and they can't do it for extended periods of time, but maybe learning how to skim replies would benefit people?[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause::applause::applause: But skimming posts is like WORK and as some of us have seen some CAG users don't like that word when it comes to getting a deal. They want the deal handed to them on a silver platter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back