Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm......I remember seeing that there was an upcoming deal for Splinter Cell Trilogy in the OP, but now no mention of the game at all for Aug. 2nd.

[quote name='mossman43']Hmmm......I remember seeing that there was an upcoming deal for Splinter Cell Trilogy in the OP, but now no mention of the game at all for Aug. 2nd.[/QUOTE]

maybe ubisoft delayed it? They should've delayed CoJ instead.

Really looking forward to the new Ace Combat after the letdown of HAWX 2. Kind of jealous of the special edition of it for Europe. Also, hoping Josh is able to match the other offer that is out there on NHL12 as I'd much rather prefer to buy it at Kmart.

[quote name='SAVertigo']I will say one thing about Josh and Stockboy and the deals that we get to know about...

I live a few miles from a K Mart, and over 10 miles from a Target. I'd been driving to target for everything, and now, I stop in K Mart... I've come to realize the pricing isn't THAT far off on sale items, and they normally have the items I want and I can be home in 5 minutes instead of 15... so if anything, they've gotten me and my wallet into K Mart more often than ever before.[/QUOTE]

Target is two minutes from my house but Target's prices on household items are usually beat by Kmart's. My wife, who has recently be inspired by those extreme couponing shows, is now much more receptive to stopping into kmart for some household items (allowing me to check the electronics section) because the prices are usually better. It's win-win.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']I've been away from this thread for too long!

For anyone who wants a Deus Ex Augmented Edition sent to their store please email me ASAP as we're ordering it this week. I'll need store address (or number) and which platform.[/QUOTE]

Sent email. This is just for having stock sent to a store, not a reservation as usual, correct?

Forget my last post, Splinter Cell was delayed again and is now scheduled for Sept. 27th. I'm starting to think that this game is going to run as shitty as Double Agent did on PS3.

[quote name='cheesebu']Ehh, i just thought it was weird, there have been deals every week for quite some time. Probably time to close this thread for a while if there are no sales to post or discuss.[/QUOTE]

Yes lets close one of the most active and viewed threads on these forums, because there hasn't been a killer deal in a couple weeks. Feel free to logout and stop posting your absurd stupidity at any point.

Once again, this month has been extremely slow for most new releases. Kmart isn't a game-only retailer, and they do have a set budget for each division. I think Josh would perfer to utilize that budget when much better titles come out, and during the holiday season when there are more people looking to buy. He has also been in the process of moving, because he does have a life outside of posting here which is another reason why there have not been as many offers nor posts. He has already said things will pick up steam in August which is only a week away when a lot of new releases will happen. Sit back, be patient, and stfu until then.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause::applause::applause::applause: But skimming posts is like WORK and as some of us have seen some CAG users don't like that word when it comes to getting a deal. They want the deal handed to them on a silver platter.[/QUOTE]

Are you fucking serious? This is a thread dedicated to deals at Kmart, why the fuck would i need to play the dumbass metagame of reading pages of retards raging at eachother just to figure out the deals?

Somebody should keep up this thread, or close it for the week. Its useless as is.

[quote name='cheesebu']Are you fucking serious? This is a thread dedicated to deals at Kmart, why the fuck would i need to play the dumbass metagame of reading pages of retards raging at eachother just to figure out the deals?

Somebody should keep up this thread, or close it for the week. Its useless as is.[/QUOTE]
There is no need to call other people names because you haven't learned how to skim through off topic posts.

EVERY thread on CAG goes off topic at times, some moreso than others, but many of us have learned to skip over the posts that don't pertain to a deal or interest us.

It's a really easy skill to learn and once you learn how to do it you won't really mind the OT banter so much.

I was once like you in the thread I maintain(reduced price guide thread) and I was always trying to point people to a secondary discussion thread that I created for discussion of the deal. Yet everyone kept coming back to the main thread to discuss the deal.

It happens and there really is nothing you can do about it, since there are more important things in life to worry about. Even if you somehow miss one of these deals(which are usually valid for the entire week running Sunday to Saturday) there will likely be another one for the same game at some time or other and it may even be better than the one you miss.

So take a deep breath and just relax and learn how to skim/skip irrelevant posts and you'll soon notice all of the OT stuff just disappear when you're reading threads.

[quote name='cheesebu']Are you fucking serious? This is a thread dedicated to deals at Kmart, why the fuck would i need to play the dumbass metagame of reading pages of retards raging at eachother just to figure out the deals?

Somebody should keep up this thread, or close it for the week. Its useless as is.[/QUOTE]

Pot meet kettle?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Pot meet kettle?[/QUOTE]
:lol: You know what would probably happen if SHC and crew put the onus on some of their biggest supporters to make/maintain this thread? Some of them would say they're 'too busy' or come up with some other excuse to shirk that kind of duty.

People want the deals, but they don't wanna do the work to make sure others can get them as well. Just give them that well maintained OP and keep the chatter to a minimum and they're happy campers.;)

I resisted the urge to take advantage of the call of juarez thing. This is because I like what you're doing Sir SHC. The BF3 deal better be good though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There is no need to call other people names because you haven't learned how to skim through off topic posts.

EVERY thread on CAG goes off topic at times, some moreso than others, but many of us have learned to skip over the posts that don't pertain to a deal or interest us.

It's a really easy skill to learn and once you learn how to do it you won't really mind the OT banter so much.

I was once like you in the thread I maintain(reduced price guide thread) and I was always trying to point people to a secondary discussion thread that I created for discussion of the deal. Yet everyone kept coming back to the main thread to discuss the deal.

It happens and there really is nothing you can do about it, since there are more important things in life to worry about. Even if you somehow miss one of these deals(which are usually valid for the entire week running Sunday to Saturday) there will likely be another one for the same game at some time or other and it may even be better than the one you miss.

So take a deep breath and just relax and learn how to skim/skip irrelevant posts and you'll soon notice all of the OT stuff just disappear when you're reading threads.[/QUOTE]

You're dumb as fuck. This thread has an OP for the deals. I should not have to skim through anything. Anyway, i doubt they are ever going to get their act together, here or in the stores, but I'll be happy to capitalize on the deals while they tread water for the last few months.

[quote name='cheesebu']You're dumb as fuck. This thread has an OP for the deals. I should not have to skim through anything. Anyway, i doubt they are ever going to get their act together, here or in the stores, but I'll be happy to capitalize on the deals while they tread water for the last few months.[/QUOTE]
I was right and you are the worst kind of CAG: A parasite.

You simply wish to get the deals and don't care what the stores/sites and their employees have to go through to get you them, just so long as you get your deals.

I admit I was like you for a time, but after talking to the employees at the stores I was frequenting(even Gamestop), I realized that these are real people with real lives and if their companies don't make money due to their hard work then in some cases they're fired without mercy. For example, if a GS employee doesn't get enough pre-orders or PowerUpRewards/Game Informer subscriptions they're fired.

So that's why they push those as hard as they can.

I may not like what SHC and company have done with Kmart and their clearance, but I would not wish for the whole company to go under just because I'm not getting a game for $10-20 off MSRP when I want it to be on sale.

As for the insults you're throwing my way, that just proves that you have nothing intelligent to say, especially when your responses thus far have been laced with f-bombs. Don't get me wrong, I use the word too(too often at times), but if you're trying to state your point it just makes you look ignorant to swear constantly.

Will Kmart be carrying Dark Souls Collector's edition? There's no pre-order bonus on it from Gamestop like Deus Ex Augmented Edition so I might just go with Kmart for the Dark Souls deal.

If so, we will need to email Josh a month ahead just like now with Deus Ex Augmented Edition? I really hope the August deals will get this thread back on track.

[quote name='bobphone']It's actually not a bad idea until there are actual deals to discuss. It's been nothing but a bitchfest for 2 weeks now.[/QUOTE]

In fairness, Josh did indicate that there would be no real deals until August due to (1) nothing really coming out and (2) his personal issues that kept him away from work/put him behind.

So... people complaining need to shut up. Seriously.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Will Kmart be carrying Dark Souls Collector's edition? There's no pre-order bonus on it from Gamestop like Deus Ex Augmented Edition so I might just go with Kmart for the Dark Souls deal.

If so, we will need to email Josh a month ahead just like now with Deus Ex Augmented Edition? I really hope the August deals will get this thread back on track.[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know this.

Was it just the Kmart closest to me or was the SYWR system offline for like the entire weekend? Couldn't use any gaming coupons this weekend because of it.

[quote name='IronClaw']Was it just the Kmart closest to me or was the SYWR system offline for like the entire weekend? Couldn't use any gaming coupons this weekend because of it.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar problem. Located in North Jersey and the one store I visited couldn't get SYWR to work at all. That was only on a Friday though. Didn't check Saturday or Sunday.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']In fairness, Josh did indicate that there would be no real deals until August due to (1) nothing really coming out and (2) his personal issues that kept him away from work/put him behind.

So... people complaining need to shut up. Seriously.[/QUOTE]
Yeah and really who needs deals every week. Sometimes you just have to look at your backlog and just start going through it.

[quote name='cheesebu']So uhhh, are there any sales this week? Is the OP to be used for anything anymore? I don't feel like i should have to read another 10 pages of arguing just to find out if there are any sales...

This is about how well set up my kmart is, lol. Are we going for a ghetto feel in here as well?[/QUOTE]
Dude, seriously? I'm all about constructive criticism but there is no reason to equate the lull in deals, which I could not have explained more openly, with a "ghetto" feel.

We'll get going again starting 8/7. In the meantime, I am trying to pop in once a day to answer any questions I can see while Stock Boy and I try and line up as many deals as we can to try and catch up.

[quote name='joshrocker']Josh/stockboy

Can you confirm that there is no deal or price cut for pacman/galaga on tuesday?[/QUOTE]
I can confirm that there is no deal, inventory will not get this into the stores until later in August.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Probably too early but I was also wondering if Kmart will have the Dark Souls or Uncharted 3 CE.[/QUOTE]
Uncharted definitely, I am hoping to get pre order functionality up in time for Dark Souls to get the CE.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Uncharted definitely, I am hoping to get pre order functionality up in time for Dark Souls to get the CE.[/QUOTE]
Awesome I'd definitely be in for both...can't wait for Uncharted.

Josh, I apologize if you have answered it already, but since you are here answering questions, are you going to carry Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3?I tried to skim back some pages but if it got brought up, I missed it.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Josh, I apologize if you have answered it already, but since you are here answering questions, are you going to carry Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3?I tried to skim back some pages but if it got brought up, I missed it.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if it'll be the same thing like Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. :whistle2:# Just kidding.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Josh, I apologize if you have answered it already, but since you are here answering questions, are you going to carry Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3?I tried to skim back some pages but if it got brought up, I missed it.[/QUOTE]
Capcom is pushing it but man do I have a lot of MvC3 in the stores. I really do not want to.

This is the perfect type of .com title that I hope to hit hard once this update goes up. Can't wait for full coupon functionality there.

[quote name='brandonandtiff']While Josh is here, has there been any update on getting 3DS eShop cards in the stores? I would love to use my Ocarina of Time coupon on one :)[/QUOTE]
There are supposed to hit early August from what our vendor is relaying to me.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There are supposed to hit early August from what our vendor is relaying to me.[/QUOTE]

That would be fantastic if it happens, thanks for the reply!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Capcom is pushing it but man do I have a lot of MvC3 in the stores. I really do not want to.

This is the perfect type of .com title that I hope to hit hard once this update goes up. Can't wait for full coupon functionality there.[/QUOTE]
That would be awesome if the .com website can also do coupons on PC games as well. I am getting a new gaming rig in the fall and well games like Skyrim I would love to see a coupon for the PC version, like the console versions, if possible.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']That would be awesome if the .com website can also do coupons on PC games as well. I am getting a new gaming rig in the fall and well games like Skyrim I would love to see a coupon for the PC version, like the console versions, if possible.[/QUOTE]
It will allow me to go-to-market on all the cool stuff that I could not do fiscally responsibly in store. PC, niche titles, the whole thing.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Capcom is pushing it but man do I have a lot of MvC3 in the stores. I really do not want to.

This is the perfect type of .com title that I hope to hit hard once this update goes up. Can't wait for full coupon functionality there.[/QUOTE]
My store still has one of those little mini poster things they gave out with release day copies sitting in the case :lol:

I like off topic conversations if they relate to how business is run at Kmart (as long as it stays constructive). I apologize to SHC-Gamer and many of the posters if I overstressed my opinions.

I just think with the work that Josh is willing to do and already has done that Kmart has a ton of POTENTIAL moving forward but their are still many things that will need to change; some of which are even out of Josh's control and will needed to be overhauled at a store level by store management.

If Josh gets a preorder system up and running that will help many of us who want games on day one (especially CE; as those seem to be distributed on a random store to store basis).

Again, I apologize for any bickering I may have started--I still stand by my opinions but I understand it was unnecessary to go on and on about them.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It will allow me to go-to-market on all the cool stuff that I could not do fiscally responsibly in store. PC, niche titles, the whole thing.[/QUOTE]
Fantastic, that sounds amazing. Hopefully it is up by October when my gaming Apocalypse hits :lol:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It will allow me to go-to-market on all the cool stuff that I could not do fiscally responsibly in store. PC, niche titles, the whole thing.[/QUOTE]
I look forward to it.

[quote name='aptanor']My store still has one of those little mini poster things they gave out with release day copies sitting in the case :lol:[/QUOTE]
You know, I wouldn't mind an Ultimate version of that poster. I'm just not quite as excited about the game.

Thanks for the answer.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Dude, seriously? I'm all about constructive criticism but there is no reason to equate the lull in deals, which I could not have explained more openly, with a "ghetto" feel.

We'll get going again starting 8/7. In the meantime, I am trying to pop in once a day to answer any questions I can see while Stock Boy and I try and line up as many deals as we can to try and catch up.[/QUOTE]Josh, can I take this as confirmation that there won't be any notable deals next week (7/31-8/6)? I would like to know so I can decide on something on which to use my OoT 3D coupon. Thanks.

[quote name='thegoodshepherd']Josh - the list of the up coming titles is missing from the OP[/QUOTE]
I saw that, I will update the coming soon section when I relaunch the thread for Aug. Deals next week.

Josh, are you planning any coupons/deals on upcoming 3DS titles like Star Fox, Mario Kart and Super Mario later this year like we got for Ocarina of Time 3D? Didn't see them on the list, but I knew most of them don't have definitive release dates.

[quote name='beene1000']Josh, are you planning any coupons/deals on upcoming 3DS titles like Star Fox, Mario Kart and Super Mario later this year like we got for Ocarina of Time 3D? Didn't see them on the list, but I knew most of them don't have definitive release dates.[/QUOTE]
Looking to do a $15 gaming coupon on each one.

Josh- I have some friends that run a comic book store and the inner workings are kind of interesting.

It may have changed with the economy, but they had 2 different purchasing programs.

1. They would order a whole bunch of stuff, without any preview of the product. If they can't sell the stuff after a certain period of time, they could sell it back to the distributor for credit.
  2. They would be sent preview copies of matrials in advance of release and allowed to make purchasing decisions based on the content. After that, they are on the hook for all the stuff they order.
Everytime capcom or someone releases a GOTY or Arcade Edition, I think about this, and think it's silly that capcom doesn't offer to buy back all the old copies from vendors before they release a "Super" or "Turbo". It can only be good for them.

1. It would encourage you to actually stock the new product, leading to more sales.
  2. It would prevent uninformed customers from buying the older game by accident.
  3. It would keep people from standing at the game case and seeing 9 different versions of SF4 and realizing that they shouldn't be buying Capcom games at release.

[quote name='nbballard']Josh- I have some friends that run a comic book store and the inner workings are kind of interesting.

It may have changed with the economy, but they had 2 different purchasing programs.

1. They would order a whole bunch of stuff, without any preview of the product. If they can't sell the stuff after a certain period of time, they could sell it back to the distributor for credit.
  2. They would be sent preview copies of matrials in advance of release and allowed to make purchasing decisions based on the content. After that, they are on the hook for all the stuff they order.
Everytime capcom or someone releases a GOTY or Arcade Edition, I think about this, and think it's silly that capcom doesn't offer to buy back all the old copies from vendors before they release a "Super" or "Turbo". It can only be good for them.

1. It would encourage you to actually stock the new product, leading to more sales.
  2. It would prevent uninformed customers from buying the older game by accident.
  3. It would keep people from standing at the game case and seeing 9 different versions of SF4 and realizing that they shouldn't be buying Capcom games at release.
[/QUOTE]
Game returns are 99% a no go and I hate it. When I was in movies, every DVD was returnable which allowed you to take risks and make sure every store was instock as needed. In gaming you have to balance the exit strategy which causes low instocks and shorter life cycles.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There are supposed to hit early August from what our vendor is relaying to me.[/QUOTE]

I wonder why it's taking so long? I picked up a $20 at GS over a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back